Marcus Vick makes denial of his own

Marcus Vick thought he threw a successful 30th birthday party for his brother Mike. Then he stepped outside and found out that someone had been shot.

That’s the story according to Marcus, who made an appearance Thursday on the “The 757 Club” with Johnny D & Bartley on WXTG 102.1FM in Virginia Beach.

On Wednesday, Bartley reported that Marcus Vick was involved in the shooting.  Vick seemed amazed by the accusation and denied it.  He said he didn’t leave the club until the party was over.  “By the time I got outside, cops were there, with an ambulance and everything. . . .  I didn’t even know what had happened.”

That account matches up with what a club spokesman said on Thursday and comes on the same day his brother Michael Vick released a statement denying any involvement.

Marcus Vick said he saw Quanis Phillips, Michael’s former co-defendant and the man shot that night, enter the party earlier in the evening.  And Phillips apparently stayed all night.

“I did see Phillips come through the door, but he didn’t really catch my attention,” Vick said.  “I don’t know where he went once he got into the club.  So I don’t really have any comments on that.”

Vick said he heard rumors about the possible shooter and heard stories about Phillips’ behavior.  “A couple of the people I was talking to said he was intoxicated and high and drunk.  So when people are in those kind of conditions, you never know what they are going to say to other folks in the area to cause a shooting,” Vick said.

We’re surprised that Marcus was so open on-air, and wasn’t angrier at the hosts for saying he was involved.  But Vick was aiming to clear his name after seeing our post on Wednesday, which passed along Bartley’s report.

“I was just sitting down before y’all called,” Vick told the hosts.  “And my friend was reading something on sportstalkfootball, nflfootballtalk, protalk, something like that and people making comments I was involved in it, which is crazy.”

88 responses to “Marcus Vick makes denial of his own

1. Rosenthal – please take over this website. You actually REPORT news in a clever but non-TMZ, douchebaggy kind of way.
    Florio will drive this site into the dirt. People his age don’t realize that fart jokes and douche rants attract kids and teens – the largest demographic of people who don’t buy anything from your sponsors.

2. ProFootballTalk.com, ProFootballTalk.com, PROFOOTBALLTALK.COM. Man, I’ve told him a thousand times!!
    Sorry Florio, let me know if you want your payment back.

3. “A couple of the people
    I was talking to
    said he was intoxicated
    and high
    and drunk.
    in the area
    to cause a shooting,” Vick said.
    Sounds like shootings are a regular occurrance at Vick parties.
    At least he confirms a convicted felon was “in the area”.
    Blaming the victim for causing the shooting is a stretch; a big stretch.

4. Angry Conservatives for or against Vick??? Because most of your liberals are the crazy PETA activists who will throw cow blood on you because you’re eating a hamburger…

5. Stop beating around the bush, Marcus, profootballtalk is where the crazy comments come from. Everyone knows that.

6. I believe him and his brother. I mean give me one good reason why i should not belive either one of these guys. It’s not like they have a history of breaking the law or lying to people.
    C’mon everyone lets give these guys an 8th chance. They deserve it.
    These guys are complete and total idiots , they dont get it , and they never will. Just get rid of his ass so we dont have to keep hearing about him ! Anyone who belives either one of these turds is speaking the truth is just as stupid and lost as they are !

7. @ Hogster:
    Cue the angry conservatives? Angry at whom?
    Not sure what that means, but I’ll try one too,
    Cue the angry people on here with sideburns in 5….4……3…..2….. wait. Nope, this doesn’t make sense either.

8. At least he confirms a convicted felon was “in the area”.
    Blaming the victim for causing the shooting is a stretch; a big stretch. ===============================
    Whats even bigger of a strech is blaming Vick or any of it.. and not maby one of the other 300+ people there. Also even trying to claim associate in a court of law means anything close to what you want it to.
    Have fun watching me be right all along. =)

9. I’m glad nobody ever felt the need to shoot me when I was drunk and acting stupid. I guess I’m lucky to be alive.

10. Vicktims playing the Vicktim card yet again, what a surprise. Blame someone else and play ignorant, at least the ignorant part comes easy.

11. The Hogster says:
    July 1, 2010 8:33 PM
    Cue the angry conservatives in 5….4….3…2…
    —I don’t get this comment at all. How are conservatives “angry”?. Hogster, I guess you like what Obama has been doing since in office? How about nothing except putting his socialist agenda into place. When is the economy going to pick up like he swore? I guess it is still Bush’s fault, even though the housing crisis was allowed to happen because the democrats wouldn’t let tougher checks on income happen. Ah, you can’t debate morons, so I will let it go. Research the “community investment act”.

12. I’m as liberal as they come and I hate Vick, they guy has a history of being a complete scumbag and yet some of you still defend him. Are you relatives or are you his boyz?
    I like Donovan McNabb and Jason Campbell, I’ve never read a bad thing about Travaris Jackson so I’ve got nothing against him, and I’ve got no problem with Vince Young. VY is a little dumb, but a little shoving match is no big deal. And just to make all things equal, Rapistberger is a POS too and I hope Dixon or Leftwich have some good game as his replacement.

13. What happens if Mike Vick is found guilty of breaking his probation? He is going back to jail?

14. What happens if Mike Vick is found guilty of breaking his probation? He is going back to jail?
    =================
    If his probation officer finds enough evidence to suspect him of any wrong doing it will then go to a hearing. They will have to provide SOLID EVIDENCE and other things showing he WILLINGLY violated his parole. If a judge then finds the enough to find credibility to the accusation.. it will then go to a regular hearing with testimony and evidence, jury etc whole nine yards and only then will they send him back to prison.

15. @Jibfest – thank you for proving me right. Just when I thought there wouldn’t be any idiot dumb enough to go off on an angry rant, you saved the day with a dose of dumb.
    Thanks Jib. You’re truly a great American. I’m not defending Vick, nor am I one of his “boyz” (good douchey use of the “z” to mock sterotypical slang).
    I happen to be a lawyer who hates seeing people like Florio make a mockery of the justice system by posting nonsense disguised as legal advice. I also have a disdain for hypocrisy, and there’s plenty of it here.

16. Why are you people still living in the past? Get over it and look forward to the future. What’s done is done.

17. V to the izz-I
    C to the Kizz-a
    not guilty, yall gots to feel me
    V to the izz-I
    C to the Kizz-a
    that’s the anthem, now get ya damn hands up

18. Braesch2007 YEP it is back to jail.
    This quote wont help him either “Marcus Vick said he saw Quanis Phillips, Michael’s former co-defendant and the man shot that night, enter the party earlier in the evening. And Phillips apparently stayed all night.”
    Que the Angry Nordic Protestants with mullets in 5…4…3….2…1

19. Braesch2007 YEP it is back to jail.
    Que the Angry Nordic Protestants with mullets in 5…4…3….2…1
    ==================
    Lol in no way did you support your conclusion that hes going back to jail.
    being in the same bar is not associating by law.
    keep trying.

20. Interesting, since I’m typing but somehow you concluded I’m “ranting”. You are a lawyer? hahahahahaha. Nice try hogster but no dice. You don’t win. You are another nieve liberal who think the housing crisis wouldn’t have happened no matter who was in office. Get your head out of the sand.

21. Interesting, since I’m typing but somehow you concluded I’m “ranting”. You are a lawyer? hahahahahaha. Nice try hogster but no dice. You don’t win. You are another nieve liberal who think the housing crisis wouldn’t have happened no matter who was in office. Get your head out of the sand.

22. @hotchick – See this is why Florio is a jack@$$. He has you believing that Phillips being at the party is a probation violation. IT IS NOT!
    Vick was prohibited from ASSOCIATING with known felons and the co-defendants. ASSOCIATING requires more than mere presence in the same place.
    Then again, who gives a rats a$$ about the truth. String him up just because. YEEEEHAWWW BOYSS.

23. @hogster:
    Aren’t lawyers supposed to make sense? Can you please explain what your initial comment meant? You brought it up – so don’t cry when someone respondz. I too can use gangster douchery. Mine however is intended to mock you.

24. oh and I don’t know why you are quoting
    “And Phillips apparently stayed all night.”
    because Marcus never once said that.. thats simply another media conclusion by PFT that you are taking as solid fact.

25. what a loser. I loved to watch him at VT, then he bcame gansta getto trash. What a waste of talent. God should have given the talent to a better human being!

26. what a loser. I loved to watch him at VT, then he bcame gansta getto trash. What a waste of talent. God should have given the talent to a better human being!=====================================
    Since you posted that in response to this situation, I can conclude it does not regard his past. That being said, aparently because he had a Birthday party and some idiots got into it outside… it makes him trash, Ok. Gotcha hot shot haha

27. Dis bouy don’t know what day it is !
    Da Vick’s blood be sittin’ on a ton of Benjamin’s,
    so dey buy demselves outta serious treouble and still got da cash to burn baby !
    Dis 2 shall pass… prob bet then Michael !

28. I can personally vouch for Vick. He couldn’t have been there at that time.
    I saw him at the local cock fighting match that night.

29. Jon Evans says:
    July 1, 2010 10:04 PM
    oh and I don’t know why you are quoting
    “And Phillips apparently stayed all night.”

30. I’ve never celebrated my birthday with people I don’t associate with. You open your party to the public, you risk this happening. Common sense goes a long way these days. Vick doesn’t seem to have it. Neither does Hogbrain.

31. Media conclusion? If Marcus seen him earlier in the night, and then he was shot outside; after the bar closed. I would think that would be an intelligent conclusion.=====
    All I have said is that you don’t know if he left, came back, when he got there etc he said Marcus said he was there “all night” which never happened, he said he saw him come in the door and that was it, never said when. Lol you keep coming up with “Facts” that never were stated.
    anyway Guess what. i will still be 100% right about all of this since I have been so far.. and everyone else is 100% wrong. Sucks doesnt it.

32. So when people are in those kind of conditions, you never know what they are going to say to other folks in the area to cause a shooting,” Vick said.
    POW!!!!
    He knows already there’s a chance of some shit goin down and he goes anyway.
    I would think that statement in itself would be enough to get him tossed,,I sure hope so,we have put up with enough of this Bozo’s crap

33. Club owner claims that Mike Vick left the party at 2:07am….Phillips was shot at 2:10am.
    Michael Vick or his entourage could’ve easily shot Phillips!
    He had motive, he had opportunity, and he should be the prime suspect!

34. As a Philadelphia Eagles fan, I am calling out Andy Reid and Jeff Lurie!
    Why hasn’t Vick been cut yet???
    Ya still holding out for a 7th round pick?
    You’re both going to look foolish as soon as Vick is indicted on this shooting charge!
    Now, Mike Vick proves he is utterly corrupt and evil by trying to frame his younger brother Marcus! DISGUSTING!
    The video shows Vick leaving the club a mere 3 minutes before Phillips was shot! Phillips was shot outside the club! Hello police!

35. “POW!!!!
    He knows already there’s a chance of some shit goin down and he goes anyway.

======================
    You just made yourself out to be pretty stupid. For starters.. you took Marcus Vicks statement and tried to attach it to Michael. #2 he was refering to someone being high and drunk that showed up, no one else in the group was.. and the drug tests he gets from the nfl proves that /boggle
    Spare me, when can we start banning uninformed people so i don’t have to listen to “your crap”

36. steelerfan9598 says:
    “I’m glad nobody ever felt the need to shoot me when I was drunk and acting stupid. I guess I’m lucky to be alive.”
    Fat, drunk and shot at is no way to go through life, son.

37. All I have said is that you don’t know if he left, came back, when he got there etc
    You’ve never said that but moving on.
    he said Marcus said he was there “all night” which never happened
    Ok so Marcus said it and now you are saying he is wrong? Don’t get me wrong im sure he is the liar you are insinuating, but were you there?
    Dude you are seriously messed up in the head.

38. Michael Vick’s defenders are the most insane and pathetic excuse for humans!
    I mean they would defend Adolph Hitler if he looked like Vick!
    Does anyone doubt this???

39. “Ryan35 says:
    Media conclusion? If Marcus seen him earlier in the night, and then he was shot outside; after the bar closed. I would think that would be an intelligent conclusion.”
    Ryan, are you trying to get out of jury duty or something? Saying stupid things on this blog won’t help. Many have already tried it. 🙂

40. # steelerfan9598 says: July 1, 2010 9:06 PM
    Lucky does not have too much to do with it my friend
    You were most likely never in a “Gangsta”zone where you know people can get shot for saying the wrong things to another Gangsta. Smart move on your part IMHO

41. Yeah, because only conservatives get upset about attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon!
    You Vick worshippers are insane! Get the mental help you so desperately need.

42. Yes I would think that if Marcus seen him earlier in the night it would be safe to assume he was there from that point on (the entire night)(obviously not from the opening, sorry for the intelligent posters that I had to point this out to the few) Now Vick was there after 1:00 and the bar closes at 2:00 a.m. (So yes I would call that the entire night that is in question)
    Either way he is a POS and needs to go. Oh yeah one other thing Occam, so why do you still keep trying?

43. Mike Vick’s skin is all that matters to his pathetic supporters.
    They all whine about Roethlisburger, (who I agree is a scumbag rapist).
    Yet, remind them that Kobe Bryant is a scumbag rapist too….and you’ll have an argument on your hands.
    Because Kobe has the right look and Ben doesn’t as far as they are concerned.

44. You do really look bad on this one Florio, because his statement was way longer than 8 words.

45. Jon Evans, are you somehow emotionally invested in the whole MV saga? I’ve been reading a lot without comment but I’m trying to figure out the connection. Personally, I think he’s a dirtbag who will continue to self-destruct, come on, you can’t deny it. I just don’t understand the need to defend him so strenuously. Do you ever think that maybe if he were just a decent, law-abiding citizen he’d have no need for defense? No one has to create problems for him, he seems quite capable of creating havoc all by himself. Not trying to be a jerk but is this the kind of guy anyone should defend? He is what he is, he proves that over and over. Seriously, do you really think he’ll be anything but a dark footnote in NFL history, if he’s even ever thought of? Just curious.

46. Marcus Vick and Michael Vick….Now there’s a pair of winners. Does his family not realize what a couple of extreme douche bag idiots these two losers are? Mrs. Vick should have swallowed both of those loads and spared us of all this bs

47. RyanT. says:
    “Michael Vick’s defenders are the most insane and pathetic excuse for humans!
    I mean they would defend Adolph Hitler if he looked like Vick!”
    Considering Hitler’s disdain for people of color, he likely would have had to order himself arrested by the Gestapo if he looked like Vick. So…..what was your point?

48. The whole Vick family is just a disgrace. If they were white they’d be white trash hillbillies… since they’re black we can’t call them anything unless we want to be called racist. That said they are trash.

49. @jon evans
    You are without a doubt the biggest loser I’ve ever encountered on any site. Your comments make no sense and you rationalize everything you say. Your parents must be proud, I’m sure that’s why they still let you live in their basement.

50. Why are idiots like jibfest even here? This is the wrong site, go somewhere where you might find an audience for your political ramblings, like foxnews.com, but not here.
    Look up the “community investment act.”?? WTF. That sounds like something that is going to bore everyone to sleep.
    Anyway, I’m here to talk about sports not politics. Take your Republican hating-on-the poor and racist views somewhere else. Somewhere they tolerate intolerance.

51. Such a special family that has not one, but two poster children for “ghetto”.
    Also, this is the first time I’ve ever heard that someone can say something to “cause a shooting”. Nice Vince Young worldview!
    What ever happened to “sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me”?

52. Hey Jon for the 100th time, Vick isn’t on Parole you idiot, he is on probation. And your explanation of what needs to happen in order for him to be in violation of his probation is so wrong it is laughable. If his probation officer thinks he violation his probation guess what, he is back in the slammer you idiot. He doesn’t get a new trial on what he did. You are a moron!!!

53. Is there anything more pathetic than posters that “claim” to have a certain education or vocation (Lawyer????), yet remain anonymous?
    Hogster a lawyer? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    We KNOW Florio is a lawyer……he uses his real name and we can verify his credentials.
    Jon Evans a neuro-bullshit, psycho-bullshit, legal system-bullshit specialist?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Hey Jon….shouldn’t you be working to earn another degree in the “medical system” on your way to finding the cure for cancer?

54. Chapnasty2 says:
    July 2, 2010 7:26 AM
    ————————————————–
    haaaaaaaa, classic post bro!!!
    Found out all about our friend Jon Evans last night from some friends that know him, needless to say, i will not be wasting my time anymore bickering with him on PFT
    kid is a Grade A loooooosa

55. holy balls do you have any idea how drunk and stupid high I have been in the past. Good thing my possy doesn’t carry guns or I would have got gotten. I hate to sound like a 60 year old but how come people just don’t fist fight like the old days. When I got stupid drunk I would beat peoples hands up with my face.

56. # The Hogster says: July 1, 2010 9:33 PM
    I also have a disdain for hypocrisy, and there’s plenty of it here.
    ___________________________________
    Take your disdain and go away, I am right 99.9% of the time, unless I’m right 100%, or unless I’m wrong all together.
    I make arguments that cant be proven, and proclaim my success when it cant be proven….
    I also went to Rutgers, were you arent graded on grammar or rational thought

57. Somehow, the Vicks have managed to get negative credibility. Anything they say can pretty much be assumed a lie. If Marcus Vick said he wasn’t involved, and the camera shows that he was in the bar at the time of the shooting….I’d say check the tape again.

58. Can we stop calling the event a “birthday party”.
    What is was was a PUBLIC EVENT that promised ANYONE WHO COULD PAY $50 that they could be in the same bar DRINKING WITH MICHAEL VICK.
    This was a commercial event, with the dubious premise that drunk people could get access to Michael Vick.
    And this was a good idea how?
    And Quanis wasn’t going to end up there why?

59. $50 a head. Any and all were welcome.
    Explain how “trash” WASN’T going to get in to the party?

60. Interesting question – one I am sure the cops are asking of the bar staff…
    How many people were turned away at the door that night? How many people, offering $50 to drink with the Vicks, got turned down.
    My guess? None.
    Unsecured environment.

61. If I have have any legal adventures in the future, I hope none of you PFT readers are on the jury. Look up forgiveness then share your thoughts with the world from the comfort of your computer keyboard.

62. seals says:
    July 2, 2010 8:22 AM
    ————————————————————-
    I could not have said it better, my early life story too!
    On another note, Jon, I think I have you figured out. You never went to Rutgers, or any other collage, you are too young and ignorant for that. You are confused about your sexuality (I’m giving you the benefit of doubt here). You see Jon, men don’t post about how they are right and others are wrong, at least not heterosexual men. Posting about something manly like sports and trying to sound better than real men gives you some strange satisfaction. Am I a little too close to the truth here Jon?

63. @ elleclouds
    I hope you aren’t on a jury since it isn’t the job of a juror to forgive.

64. Elleclouds says:
    July 2, 2010 9:35 AM
    __________________
    Forgiveness? LOL
    First of all, Michael Vick never did anything to me, so he doesn’t need my forgiveness, nor do I have any place forgiving him. You’re talking about forgetting, not forgiving. I’m not going to FORGET what kind of a monster he is, but he doesn’t need me to FORGIVE him, as he’s done nothing to me, personally.

65. Currently the police have not made any decisions regarding Vick:
    “Police said earlier Thursday that they have not ruled out Vick as a suspect or person of interest in their investigation.”
    Additionally there is some evidence that he could have been at the scene of the shooting:
    “The time-stamped footage from a surveillance camera outside the entrance of the club shows a car with Vick inside leaving at 2:07 a.m.—about 4 minutes before the shooting a block away.
    The waiting car with Vick inside pulled away at about 2:07 a.m. heading in the direction of the eventual shooting. Numerous people were visible lingering in front of the club for several minutes until, at 2:10:55, they appear to be startled, with some ducking for cover.”
    See http://cbs3.com/local/michael.vick.shooting.2.1783258.html. This is an AP story dated July 2.

66. mike vick you a such a monster!! every one that post on this website has never sinned or made mistakes. we are so perfect and you are not, so we will never get over what you did! even tho you go to out reach programs and host events to teach kids on how to prevent mistakes. and attend charities u are beneth us! and its obama’s fault for the oil spill and trying to make sure we all get health care!

67. Michael Vicks a loser, douche, blah, blah, blah…But some of you posters took the time to post multiple times about HIM! and whats worse some of you posted after midnight, and before 9am! And he’s a loser??? At least between the hours of midnight and 9am he was in the company of some hot chicks. how some of you nerds keep from ruining your keyboards by not getting lotion or lube on them is amazing!

68. “A couple of the people I was talking to said he was intoxicated and high and drunk. So when people are in those kind of conditions, you never know what they are going to say to other folks in the area to cause a shooting,”
    What a dumbass statement from a waste of human flesh.

69. “#2 he was refering to someone being high and drunk that showed up, no one else in the group was.. and the drug tests he gets from the nfl proves that /boggle”
    Were NFL reps there to piss test EVERYONE? You’re a pretty stupid individual.

70. “At least between the hours of midnight and 9am he was in the company of some hot chicks.”
    Debatable.

71. unkleruckus says:
    July 2, 2010 11:13 AM
    Unkleruckus,
    WOW!! Any chance that you’re aware of the timezones that exist worldwide? That anyone in the WORLD can post here? That midnight where you are may be 9pm elsewhere? That some people work shifts other than 9 to 5? That some people might post prior to 9am (their time) because they don’t rip their employer off by going on-line while at work? Who’s the loser?