Kevin Kolb on Michael Vick: "I love him"

Count Eagles first-string quarterback Kevin Kolb among those who support Eagles second-string quarterback Michael Vick.

Kolb says he and Vick have been texting in the weeks since Vick’s dogfighting co-defendant Quanis Phillips was shot outside Vick’s birthday party, and he says he thinks people are wrong to assume the worst about Vick.

“I just told him that it was unfortunate what he had to go through,” Kolb said. “I just said, ‘If there’s anything I can do, whatever is I don’t care, just holler.’ And, of course, he said, ‘I appreciate it.’”

Of course, this isn’t something Vick “had to go through.” It’s something Vick is going through because he, at a bare minimum, decided to have a party that he acknowledges he never should have had, which was attended by someone he’s prohibited by law from associating with.

But considering that Vick’s teammates unanimously selected Vick as the recipient of their Ed Block Courage Award last season, it should come as no surprise that they’re continuing to support him now, with Kolb leading the way.

“I think people misunderstand Michael a little bit,” Kolb said. “They don’t understand how good of a guy he is.”

Permalink 124 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
124 Responses to “Kevin Kolb on Michael Vick: "I love him"”
  1. Chris Fiorentino says: Jul 14, 2010 1:37 PM

I honestly don’t know which makes me feel sicker…the stuff that Vick did to the dogs, or the crazy support the idiots on the Eagles give to him…with lines like “They don’t understand how good of a guy he is” and those morons giving him the Ed Block courage award for putting up with being an ex-felon making millions of dollars to play in 3 plays a game…I just don’t know what this world has come to.

2. therewasone says: Jul 14, 2010 1:38 PM

Do I hear wedding bells????

3. ZombieRevolution says: Jul 14, 2010 1:39 PM

How dare Vick’s teammates support him. Don’t they know he is the MOST EVIL person on the earth and simply cannot change. He is going to hell. Don’t thye know that PFT is pretty sure the Eagles are close to releasing him? Why support him when he is going to be released?
    How about this Florio and the rest of the PFT staff- since you have so many league/team/player sources that you contact Vick and set up an interview so you can hit him with all of the vemon you have and see if he changes you mind or validates your opinion. Or you can just sit at your keyboard typing endlessly away and doing nothing in the end.

4. jwill007 says: Jul 14, 2010 1:40 PM

Good stuff Kolb….Im not an Eagles fan but I respect a man who has his own opinion who has obviously forgiven the man unlike Florio and 10,000,000 followers….Keep in mind act the same way if your family member catches a case….I respect Vick for admitting I he should have never had the party in the 1st place…so just make better decisions moving forward….
    An American with his own mind hiw own opinion and forgiving….Thats a true AMERICAN! All of these other MOFO’s are Aliens…..

5. BenRapistberger says: Jul 14, 2010 1:40 PM

You’re not gonna love him once the ignorant Philly fans start screaming his name after your first 2 INT game.

6. WildBirdOffense says: Jul 14, 2010 1:41 PM

Hooyah! City of Brotherly Love baby!

7. Jaymelee1 says: Jul 14, 2010 1:41 PM

Seriously, Kolb is an idiot too! This isn’t something Vick had to go through, its something he did to himself. Someday Vick needs to learn the lesson to make the right choices. Did he have anything to do with the shooting, no, but then he should have known better to be in that situation, at the club, with those people. I don’t care who the people are to you, if he hasn’t learned by now that some people are bad for you he never will.

8. CJ SPILLER says: Jul 14, 2010 1:43 PM

“He’s one of my better friends on the team,” Kolb said of Vick, per the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I love him.” ”I want to tune his meat whistle”.

9. Chapnasty2 says: Jul 14, 2010 1:44 PM

In other words: “I am affraid to end up like QP so I am just going to say all this nice stuff about Mike.”
    No one misunderstands how “good” of a guy he is. In fact we all understand it quite clearly which is why everyone (except a few racists) is against him.

10. bigrig says: Jul 14, 2010 1:45 PM

Kolb loves him because he knows Vick isn’t a threat to take his job.

11. Hearitfortheboys says: Jul 14, 2010 1:46 PM

Hm. Torture kill a few dogs to “teach” them to be meaner (never mind the evil, as anyone thought about the logic in that?) and people will “misunderstand” you.

12. godofwine says: Jul 14, 2010 1:50 PM

well, the Mike Vick haters are coming! The Mike Vick haters are coming. As Brutal said in The Green Mile, “He paid what he owed. He’s square with the house again.” But you people…
    What do you mean, ‘you people’.
    You people keep wanting him to fail. I guess you people don’t believe in second and/or third chances until YOU PEOPLE need them, huh?
    Yeah, he killed dogs. Before. In his past. He hasn’t killed any in the last 3 years plus?
    Did he kill YOUR dog? That would be the only reason that you should still be mad at him. Did he waste a chance? Yes, he did. He lost a life in the Super Mario Brothers game of life. I still don’t understand why you people STILL hate him so much. Only after murdering a person should a person still receive this much hate 3-3.5 years after the fact. But an animal, as long as it wasn’t YOUR animal shouldn’t still make people mad after 3-3.5 years of not doing it again.
    Did he screw up? Yes. But he is 29 (now 30). How many mistakes did YOU make at 29 or 30? I’m sure many of you have gotten second, third or even fourth chances. Let the man live. He paid what he owed. He’s square with the house again.

13. Dustin Chandler says: Jul 14, 2010 1:50 PM

Ahahahahahahahah
    Go Cowboys!

14. The Briggadier says: Jul 14, 2010 1:50 PM

Keep Kolb’s comments in persepctive. Kolb is a very smart guy, which is clear in his interviews. He has a vested interest in staying positive and supporting the people on his team.
    If he is going to be the leader McNabb bever was, Kolb has to get the players on his side. Part of doing that is paying the right kind of service via the media. Kolb does it very well. As soon as they cut Vick or whatever, I garauntee that Kolb will say soemthing like, “I wish Mike the best and hope he ends up playing for a team this year. He’s a great athlete and has the ability to be a starting quarterback in this league.”
    It’s all about posturing.

15. SterilizeTHenry says: Jul 14, 2010 1:50 PM

Kolb should support his teammate. There is nothing wrong with that.
    However, it is wrong that Philly fans boo a great player and model citizen, Donovan McNabb, yet they give Mike Vick a standing ovation when he comes out. Idiots.
    Its also wrong that the same people that cheer for Vick (a criminal) are probably the same people that hate Tim Tebow (a great role model and outstanding person in general).

16. jebdamone says: Jul 14, 2010 1:51 PM

i don’t think that vick is a bad person, he is just obviously not the most intelligent, doesn’t make very good decisions, and seems to surround himself with people that do not have his best interests in mind.

17. Dr.Mcgilliguddy says: Jul 14, 2010 1:52 PM

HATERS!!!

18. jdg3 says: Jul 14, 2010 1:53 PM

no homo?

19. CanadianVikingFan says: Jul 14, 2010 1:59 PM

Michael Vick said he loved dogs as well. We all know how that ended up.

20. downwithdansnyder says: Jul 14, 2010 2:00 PM

Of course he loves him. As a starting quarterback I”d love the back-up I knew was no threat to take my job too. LOL. Put someone “real” behind Kolb and I’m sure there wouldn’t be as much love…

21. Other Bears says: Jul 14, 2010 2:00 PM

“I love him” = “I love the fact that he is the #2 QB on this team and he is absolutely no threat to my starting job.”
    Kolb wants Vick to get through this and still be the guy behind him putting zero pressure on him.

22. Jon Evans says: Jul 14, 2010 2:00 PM

23. 4for4PhillyFan says: Jul 14, 2010 2:01 PM

“Don’t they know he is the MOST EVIL person on the earth and simply cannot change. ”
    - No that honor goes to Dick Cheney

24. WarPath says: Jul 14, 2010 2:02 PM

‘I love him.’
    I knew it…
    Kolb is going to suck.
    HAIL

25. HarrisonHits says: Jul 14, 2010 2:02 PM

Is Kolb out of his mind or just another Vick enabler and apologist ?
    And yes I am a hater and proud of it. Those of you who embrace a piece of human fecal matter like Vick are the ones with a problem, not me.

26. Wrathchild says: Jul 14, 2010 2:03 PM

If Kolb ends up with herpes, you know where he got it from.

27. birdmancometh says: Jul 14, 2010 2:04 PM

Thats it everybody. Trash the guy for standing up for his friend.
    @Chapnasty2 – Thats right. Only Black people support him and only white people dislike him right?
    Why do these boards always turn into the NAACP vs. Tea Party? It’s like there is never any middle ground here.

28. Joe says: Jul 14, 2010 2:04 PM

pft is mad as hell somebody likes Vick…lol

29. robert ethen says: Jul 14, 2010 2:04 PM

Vick gets the Ed Block Courage award. Kolb gets the Block Head Encourage award.

30. realitypolice says: Jul 14, 2010 2:05 PM

@godofwine:
    First of all, I don’t hate Mike Vick. I don’t think he is a person of good character, and I don’t respect him very much because he was born with a world of talent and has done everything he could to throw it away.
    But enough of “he made a mistake” nonsense. Seriously. Going to a dog fight is a mistake. Running a dog fighting ring over a period of years is a conscious decision to lead a lawless life. Not to mention:
    -torturing the dogs in unspeakable ways, including dogs that weren’t even fighters
    -lying to law enforcement and the owner of his team
    -failing repeated drug tests, including while out on bail awaiting sentencing
    -defrauding investors in his companies out of millions
    -knowingly spreading herpes
    -half heartedly making the minimal effort necessary to comply with the community service part of his sentence
    Yes, I made mistakes when I was 29. But I didn’t run an organized crime ring or knowingly spread incurable disease of get pleasure out of electrocuting and crushing the skulls of animals.
    And while we’re at it- stop it “his slate is clean”. His slate will be clean when his full sentence is completed in 2012 and not a minute sooner.

31. Meat Tuperello says: Jul 14, 2010 2:06 PM

Yeah Vick is a great guy.
    It’s obvious he isn’t intelligent, and it’s obvious that he is a sick sadistic POS.

32. timmy2thej says: Jul 14, 2010 2:07 PM

@jdg3
    hahaha. no homo. good work.

33. brownsfn says: Jul 14, 2010 2:09 PM

Oh ya REAL good guy…just ask the pitpulls he ELECTROCUTED to death…dumbass…

34. litemater95 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:09 PM

Tell The Dogs how good of a person he is! Oh he cant he killed them…

35. Citizen Strange says: Jul 14, 2010 2:11 PM

They just found this scribbled all over the pages of Kolb’s playbook:
    I heart Michael Vick / M.V. is DREAMY! / Mrs. Kevin Vick / Mr. and Mrs. Michael Vick / Kevin Vick / Kevin and Michael Vick / Mrs. K. Vick / Kevin + Michael = True Love / Michael Vick completes Kevin Kolb / etc.

36. hakim1 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:12 PM

Got a lot of respect for Kolb. He didn’t have to say anything but he encouraged his brother!! A lot of people who comment on these blogs sound like they have so much hate in their hearts! Its ok to disagree but they put to much emotion in to it.

37. John El Way says: Jul 14, 2010 2:15 PM

I couldn’t care less about forgiving, did his time, blah blah blah. I just hate Vick because he is a very stupid person and has no common sense. Now Kolb, when are you going bar hopping with Vince Young?

38. Chop Block Murphy says: Jul 14, 2010 2:15 PM

godofwine says:
    “Only after murdering a person should a person still receive this much hate 3-3.5 years after the fact. But an animal, as long as it wasn’t YOUR animal shouldn’t still make people mad after 3-3.5 years of not doing it again. ”
    ———————
    Oh hell! Well there’s my problem…I must’ve skipped over this chapter in my copy of “godofwine’s Feelings & Emotions for Dummies.”

39. birdmancometh says: Jul 14, 2010 2:15 PM

@SterilizeTHenry -
    I see we’re back to making assumptions about people. I happen to like both Vick and Tebow. In fact (using your method of debate) I would be willing to bet that Tebow also supports Vick and is rooting for him to succeed.

40. RyanT. says: Jul 14, 2010 2:16 PM

This news will put Vick’s rabid supporters on these boards in a conundrum: how do they continue to bash Kolb and somehow agree with Kolb for having Vick’s back?
    And, it also makes clear that Kevin Kolb isn’t the least bit scared of Vick taking his job! NFL QB’s love backups who are no threat to displace them.

41. ganggreen67 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:20 PM

What Michael Vick was truly disgusting and inhumane. Unlike 99% of other professional athletes who get in trouble with the law, Vick actually payed his time rightfully so in prison. But how about people like Donte Stallworth who was driving drunk and high and kills a man? What does he get? A slap on the wrist. Despite this birthday party non-sense, no charges are being formally pursued. I believe with Kevin Kolb supporting him shows a class act on Kolbs behalf and on the Eagles behalf. As teammates, they should have a bond like this. I hope Kolb and Vick both have a hell of a season. Lets go Birds!

42. Chapnasty2 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:22 PM

@ birdman
    First let me clear up some ignorance… the tea party isn’t racist regardless of what the NAACP and MSNBC tells you. In fact there is a santcion called the “Black Tea Party”. Second, I was stating the race part because of stupidrednecks and those like him who come on here and bash us white people for disliking Vick and saying the only reason why we hate him is because we are white. Come on man, you have been here just as long as me, you have to pick up on these things!

43. famucancer says: Jul 14, 2010 2:23 PM

Poor haters…..coming completely unhinged the closer it gets to training camp. What are you gonna do next week? Demand a DOJ investigation of conspiracy collusion between the Eagles and that local prosecutor? LMAO Oh wait, even better, throw in Goodell and a secret payoff to the VA Beach police….that’s a good one! Go for it haters!

44. salty says: Jul 14, 2010 2:24 PM

Not as much as roethlisraper loves raping chicks and losing to the ravens !!!

45. Raiders757 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:24 PM

It’s not a matter of how “good a guy” he is. It’s a matter of how stupid he is for continuing to surround himself with thugs and idiots. He needs to leave the Tidewater Virginia area and never look back. There are too many people here that don’t have his best interests in mind.

46. RyanT. says: Jul 14, 2010 2:26 PM

This is just another reason that Jeff Lurie and Andy Reid should be ashamed of themselves!
    By enabling Mike Vick and protecting this dog torturing felon, you put Eagles players in an uncomfortable and untenable position: they have to defend Mike Vick on pains of being considered a bad teammate!
    Jeff Lurie, what you have done to the reputation of the Philadelphia Eagles, is disgusting and amoral!
    You own the team, but you are turning them into a disgrace!
    Jeff Lurie sale the Eagles and go back to Boston with your liberal white guilt complex!

47. robert ethen says: Jul 14, 2010 2:26 PM

“I love him, but I’m still careful about getting between him and any cars passing by on the street.”.

48. realitypolice says: Jul 14, 2010 2:30 PM

====================
    How hard do you think Vick and his posse laughed when Kevin Kolb, possibly the whitest man in America, texted “holler” to him?
    And all the girlies say “I’m pretty fly for a white guy”!

49. sand0 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:32 PM

I hate when people make comments like “what he had to go through”. Technically it is correct. Michael Vick has experienced hardship in his life no doubt about it. But when it is all of your own doing…
    Personally I don’t get all that worked up when people torture animals because our farmers and food companies have been doing this for thousands of years more or less. But in those cases there is some end justified by the means.
    Vick was torturing dogs to death seemingly just for the pleasure of letting out that aggression on them. This is something that good guy’s rarely if ever do. Usually the deep down selfish malicious psycho types are able to easily put on a nice guy front while performing great atrocities when given the chance.
    To summarize I don’t really give a crap what Vick did necessarily but it speaks volume to his quality of character being extremely low class.

50. Raiders757 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:34 PM

Oh, and for hundredth time already. It wasn’t a “club” folks. It was a Mexican restaurant located in the Va. Beach City Center, that was rented out to throw the party. There is a difference.

51. cbrianwatkins says: Jul 14, 2010 2:35 PM

Jon Evans says:
    July 14, 2010 2:00 PM
    ————————————————–
    i’ll put my education up against yours any day hoss, i’ll put my resume against yours any day, and i’ll put my DD214 against whatever else you have…any day
    dont make me have my sister pull your transcripts from Rutgers and post them on here

52. myeaglescantwin says: Jul 14, 2010 2:36 PM

CJspiller is halarious up there
    ZombieRev, you’re a fag, a great big homo
    SterilizeThenry (great name) but Dmac was not a leader on the field, he was a clown. but few athletes have done more for the community than Donny. & we never booo’d him unless he smiled after an INT
    & anyone that owns a pitbull (unless from a rescue shelter) condones DOGFIGHTING. that is what the beast were bread for, biting and neverletting go. these mean machines were created simply to destroy other animals.
    VICK’s actions were disgusting and he deserved jail time. but redemption does exist.
    there aint a team in the league that is gonna be able to handle Kolb and this offense. he’s no jo mantanna,(yet) but how u gonna cover 3 good WR and then big Brent Celek in the middle. & even if you do that we got Shady outta the back field / oh yeah , Weaver+Bell+Scott can just truck your LBs all game, after the biggest OL in the NFC pummels your DL
    our defense might be swiss cheese though. . .
    Watch how many shoot outs we get into. still / i know we are finishing at least #2 in the NFC east
    & unless that Dallas coaches up that secondary we might be on top.
    Giants and Skin fans, , , , , get real . your teams blow still

53. RyanT. says: Jul 14, 2010 2:38 PM

Uh, “Holler” is a word created by white southerners!
    Black southerners use the word too, but it is by no means “Ebonics.”

54. Stone says: Jul 14, 2010 2:38 PM

Vick is a f$cking ignorant peasant and Goodell should have banned him from the NFL when he had the chance. Obviously the guy hasn’t changed. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he started up dog fighting again once he’s done with the NFL. Vick is going to be broke and on the street in ten years or he’ll be moving from house to house and allowing banks to foreclose on him. He can’t be trusted, bottom line. Kevin Kolb should wake up and have some intelligence and class. Act like a Manning, Elway, or Montana type and don’t make stupid comments like this about your criminal teammates. Grow up Kolb, its not cool to hang out and “be down” with hoods.

55. kristoff says: Jul 14, 2010 2:41 PM

@ jon evans
    well said,very well said!!!

56. Brad Miller says: Jul 14, 2010 2:41 PM

57. sdffa11 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:42 PM

the ONLY reason why vick is not cut already is the $4.5mil roster bonus he received this offseason.

58. realitypolice says: Jul 14, 2010 2:44 PM

Raiders757 says:
    July 14, 2010 2:34 PM
    ========================
    And for the millionth time- it is operated as a night club after a certain hour. Excerpt from AP story:
    Allen Fabijan, spokesman for Guadalajara Mexican restaurant and NIGHTCLUB, said Wednesday that time-stamped footage from a surveillance camera outside the entrance of the club shows a car with Vick inside leaving at 2:07 a.m. — about 4 minutes before the shooting a block away.
    And what the hell would the difference be, anyway? Vick has hosted, or signed up to host and then didn’t show up at, other parties that were definitely at clubs.
    And while we are nitpicking- Vick did not “rent out” the Gaudalajara for a birthday party- He promoted an “open to the public” event with a $30 cover charge to make money- the birthday part was secondary.

59. brettto73 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:45 PM

# Jon Evans says: July 14, 2010 2:00 PM
    “I would actually put money on the fact that out of every person who says vick is an idiot, dumb, unintelligent etc.. a large percent have less of an education than he does.”
    How much would you like to bet?

60. thomas white says: Jul 14, 2010 2:51 PM

First of all, I’m a die hard Eagles fan and I support Michael Vick even though he made a mistake. You know alot of you guys attacking him for his poor judgement but you know nobody’s perfect in this world. He made some wrong decisions in his life but I forgive him. Everybody makes mistakes so to all the Michael Vick haters outthere that wants to judge for his actions remember the bible judege ye not or you will be judge so basically We can’t judge anybody for the mistakes we made the only person that will judge anybody is God so you Michael Vick haters just to shut up and let God do his job Peace!!!!!!!!!

61. Chapnasty2 says: Jul 14, 2010 2:53 PM

@ myeagles
    You make a good argument for your team being successful which is far more than a lot of eagles fans on here can say. However, being the owner of an extremely calm and timid pitt bull I have had since he was 6 weeks old, you are clearly wrong in your assumption of the breed. It is owners like Vick that destroy a dog, regardless of the breed. Besides I know more people who have been bitten by cocker spaniels than pitt bulls.

62. Occam says: Jul 14, 2010 2:53 PM

“Jon Evans says:
    If you’re able to grasp that “attending a school” and “getting an education” can be very different things, you’ll understand why your money is going to be at serious risk.
    If you can’t grasp that, I’ll bet Vick has more of an edumacation than you do.

63. -Slap- says: Jul 14, 2010 2:54 PM

I hope this piece of crap gets his spine broken.

64. cbrianwatkins says: Jul 14, 2010 2:54 PM

@myeaglescantwin
    i own several pitbulls, and have owned them for almost 18 yrs
    i do not fight them, never have, never would
    i have bought them from breeders, and adopted many
    although many people breed them to fight, they were brought to the States as working dogs, a TRUE APBT is too big to fight
    do your homework before you speak
    i’d also like to point out that my “mean machines” (even the past fighters i adopted) are all therapy dogs, and work their weekends at various hospitals in New Jersey putting smiles on faces of the elderly and sick

65. Meat Tuperello says: Jul 14, 2010 2:54 PM

Matlock,
    What type of education does Vick h ave? 25 hours at Virginia Tech?
    He was close to flunking out of Va Tech which was the main reason he left school for the draft to start with.
    Dog Fighting didn’t count as an elective at Va Tech.

66. Meat Tuperello says: Jul 14, 2010 2:55 PM

Brett 73, the better question would be how much would he like to lose?

67. birdmancometh says: Jul 14, 2010 2:59 PM

@Chapnasty -
    I actually had you pegged as a Tea Party guy. I didn’t say they were racist, only that the arguments on here tend to follow similar paths.
    Both are extremist groups and both have their fair share of bigotry. And depending on what side you’re on you’ll notice the blemishes for the other group and not yours. Whatever, this is a boring post.
    @cbrianwatkins -
    That Rutgers dig was low, man. Funny though.

68. numberfour says: Jul 14, 2010 3:00 PM

vick has been socially promoted his whole life.
    he doesnt have a legit education.
    lets see him represent himself in court, design something, or heal anyone.
    black people make excuses for famous black miscreants.

69. 81megatron81 says: Jul 14, 2010 3:04 PM

Vick is a piece of trash! its amazing how many of you stick up for him and then insult Florio, at least Florio keeps you entertained legally : )

70. realitypolice says: Jul 14, 2010 3:05 PM

@Thomas White:
    Well, I hope God can tell the difference between a mistake and a lifetime lived outside of the law, and the difference between poor judgement and years and years of conscious decisions to do horrible things both to dogs (torturing them) and people (knowingly giving them an incurable disease- Herpes)
    Because apparently you can’t.
    And please, all of you, stop characterizing everyone who doesn’t support Mike Vick as a “hater”. I don’t hate him because I don’t know him. But I certainly believe, based upon a mountain of available evidence, that he is sorely lacking in character and not worthy of my respect.

71. jan van flac says: Jul 14, 2010 3:05 PM

lifelong eagles fan but wish they never signed him, bet they do too now…
    from a PR standpoint he’s a nightmare.
    from a football standpoint he’s unnecessary.
    Not really sure why they are keeping him around.

72. geo1113 says: Jul 14, 2010 3:06 PM

@Raiders757
    “Located near your Virginia inn, BBOnline recommends Guadalajara Town Center as one of the best venues in Virginia Beach Nightlife. Guadalajara has several locations throughout the city as well as neighboring areas but the Town Center location is known for being one of the hottest places to party. Not only can guests choose from a Mexican cuisine, but they can party the night away with the area’s hottest DJs. Known affectionately by locals as “Guads,” the venue has an upscale decor and dress code. The dancefloor is ample and three bars are available serving a full selection of mixed drinks and cocktails. The music at Guadalajara is a broad mixture of dance, hip hop and Latin styles. After spending a fun day at the beach, it is not unusual to rub shoulders with local personalities, socialites, and celebrities at Guadalajara. The venue hours are from 7 PM to 2 AM.”
    Sounds like a night club!

73. Chapnasty2 says: Jul 14, 2010 3:07 PM

@ thomas
    yes everyone makes mistakes but it is the magnitude of those mistakes that are different.

74. spliffbunker says: Jul 14, 2010 3:09 PM

Jon Evans says:
    July 14, 2010 2:00 PM
    …………………………………….
    Vick had 2 years of college…do you know what his major was or have any idea of his GPA?

75. smuthe-eagle says: Jul 14, 2010 3:11 PM

It amazes me the way people bash everything PFT all the time, yet they keep coming on the site like the rest of us?

76. Chapnasty2 says: Jul 14, 2010 3:16 PM

@ birdman
    I would consider myself more Tea Party but certasinly an open minded one. You are right, politics are boring, can’t wait til September to tell you how badly your Eagles suck. There, thats better!

77. realitypolice says: Jul 14, 2010 3:19 PM

RyanT. says:
    July 14, 2010 2:38 PM
    Uh, “Holler” is a word created by white southerners!
    Black southerners use the word too, but it is by no means “Ebonics.”
    ==============
    Uh…..holler is a word that was created centuries ago when the english language was created, along with literally millions of other words. Dictionary.com traces it back to 1690. Not sure white southerners can take credit for it.
    My attempt at humor wasn’t really referring to the origin of the word, but more of a reference to one way it is often used today. I simply found humor in a Kevin Kolb saying “holler” or maybe even “holla” to Mike Vick.
    See- I just thought about it again and giggled to myself a little.

78. Steve-O says: Jul 14, 2010 3:20 PM

@Chapnasty2 says:
    July 14, 2010 2:53 PM
    @ myeagles
    ==================================
    Your knowledge and defense of the breed would make a lot more sense if you actually knew how to SPELL IT correctly.

79. wowbaka says: Jul 14, 2010 3:20 PM

i really wish we have the comments ratings back and have fun with the comments…
    I am deeply troubled by Kolb’s words.

80. bigrig says: Jul 14, 2010 3:24 PM

@Joan Evans
    Looks like you really backed yourself into the corner this time. Dude, give it up already.
    Somewhere along the line you and the Vickettes lost your way and you’re getting more and more egg on your face with each post.
    The only number lower than Mikey’s passer rating is his IQ. Book it.

81. Chop Block Murphy says: Jul 14, 2010 3:26 PM

Chapnasty2 says:
    @ myeagles
    “You make a good argument for your team being successful which is far more than a lot of eagles fans on here can say.”
    —————————-
    Ahh yes, but those Dallas fans on this site…they’re football-debating intellectuals of the highest order!
    ——————————–
    Brad Miller says:
    “Haha it just goes to show how big of homos everyone involved with the Eagles organization is, even fans for that matter, really are. And @myeaglescantwin: There is no way in hell you can top the Cowboys this year.”

82. rmm9090 says: Jul 14, 2010 3:27 PM

Sure Kolb luvz Vick. He knows it’s kinda hard for Vick to play football with the lead poisoning he is soon to develop. One problem solving another…LMFAO

83. Chapnasty2 says: Jul 14, 2010 3:27 PM

@ steve-o
    Would it make you happier if I put American PitBull Terrier in there? Going after people on here for spelling errors will keep you busy for a very long time. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself I guess.

84. cbrianwatkins says: Jul 14, 2010 3:36 PM

@bigrig
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    JOAN EVANS
    classic man!!! classic!

85. CH³NO² says: Jul 14, 2010 3:43 PM

What is wrong with these people who say they love the dawgkilla?????????
    I could almost understand Kolb saying something like ” I respect him as my teammate…….blah blah blah (insert drinking kool aid joke here) but to say you LOVE him??????
    Lord help this society. I weep for our future.

86. jamaltimore says: Jul 14, 2010 3:56 PM

Remember this if you are ever arrested DO NOT throw yourself a birthday party because nothing good can come if it. Who hasn’t alrea

87. John El Way says: Jul 14, 2010 4:09 PM

Fact: Anyone who uses the word “hater” is considered borderline retarded in the medical field.

88. blacktoothgrin says: Jul 14, 2010 4:10 PM

Where was Kolb the night Quanis Phillips was shot?

89. biggs13 says: Jul 14, 2010 4:10 PM

“I just told him that it was unfortunate what he had to go through,”
    Ummm…He murdered dogs Kevin.

90. Jaxeagle says: Jul 14, 2010 4:11 PM

@Robert Ethan, greatest post ever, I spilled my drink when I read that. Good for Kolb though sticking up for a teammate it’s shows true leadership.

91. HarrisonHits says: Jul 14, 2010 4:18 PM

“But how about people like Donte Stallworth who was driving drunk and high and kills a man? What does he get? A slap on the wrist”
    @ganggreen67,
    Trust a Jets fan to compare too utterly and totally different situation as if they were the same thing.
    Vick ran a gambling ring and killed and maimed dogs for years. Stallworth certainly made a mistake and should have gotten more time than he did, but the guy he hit also had a hand in what happened by crossing heavy traffic where he should not have done so. The victim’s family also agreed to the settlement.
    Invalid comparison. Jets fans, making mentally deficient squirrels everywhere look intelligent.

92. Hawkeye says: Jul 14, 2010 4:40 PM

“the guy he hit also had a hand in what happened by crossing heavy traffic where he should not have done so”.
    Stallworth was high on pot, hung over from a night on the town, the accident happened at 7AM in the morning and there was little traffic. He also saw the guy and honked his horn. I guess Stallworth never heard of brakes! Not to mention he paid the victims family off or else he would still be in jail.

93. .Vox Veritas. says: Jul 14, 2010 4:45 PM

“- No that honor goes to Dick Cheney”
    You know I was going to nominate Barack Obama for going back on his pledge to not allow federal dollars to fund abortions but then I realized that they’re only doing it in PA, and it’s just a small part of a larger effort to cleanse an area of the country that badly needs it.

94. myeaglescantwin says: Jul 14, 2010 4:46 PM

reality police.
    get a life. do u have a job? y are u writen novels on PFT.

95. .Vox Veritas. says: Jul 14, 2010 4:47 PM

“The same folks who are crying about Vicks dog fighting would step over a street bum sleeping in his own piss to throw paint on a women wearing a fur. ”
    The crying over people that hate Vick don’t know the difference between “woman” and “women”.

96. SomeFans says: Jul 14, 2010 4:51 PM

He paid what he owed. He’s square with the house again.”
    Listen here bozo- he has NOT paid what he owed, he still paying- he is NOT square with the house and btw- I don’t know of any 29 year old people killing dogs for fun. He is a sick twisted wasted wreck of a sub human.
    You are the same scum he is clearly.

97. .Vox Veritas. says: Jul 14, 2010 4:53 PM

“unless that Dallas coaches up that secondary we might be on top.”
    Why don’t you ask Desean Jackson about the Cowboys’ secondary?
    20-16
    24-0
    34-14

98. TheDPR says: Jul 14, 2010 4:54 PM

Ed Block is rolling over in his grave!

99. Occam says: Jul 14, 2010 5:10 PM

“biggs13 says:
    Ummm…He murdered dogs Kevin.”
    You can’t, by simple definition, “murder” dogs.
    “Murder” is the killing of another person, not an animal.

100. sasquash69 says: Jul 14, 2010 5:12 PM

I hate Mike Vick and will all ways hate that scummy POS. The problem is that he shouldn’t have been at a party in the first place. Not a public party anyway. He has had more then 3 chances (weedy water bottle, Ron Mexico incident, dog fighting, and a party where someone got shot that he had a dispute with that person, he flipped off the Falcons fans) and its time for the Eagles and the NFL to stop giving this spoiled star a break when he never learns from his mistakes. The Eagles need to replace him now before he does something dumb and gets banned or suspended. Its going to happen, cut this pile of crap now before it really effects the team.

101. rickah8888 says: Jul 14, 2010 5:20 PM

“1879. The Civil War is over, and the resulting economic explosion spurs the great migration West. Farmers, ranchers, prospectors, killers and thieves seek their fortunes. Cattle drovers turn cow towns into armed camps, with murder rates higher than those of modern day New York or Los Angeles. Out of this chaos comes legendary lawman Wyatt Earp (Kurt Russell), retiring his badge and gun to start a peaceful life with his family. Earp’s friend John, “Doc” Holliday (Val Kilmer), a Southern gentleman turned gunman and gambler also travels West, hoping the dry climate will relieve his tuberculosis. Silver is discovered in Arizona. Tombstone becomes queen of the boom towns, where the latest Paris fashions are sold from the backs of wagons. Attracted to this atmosphere of greed over one hundred exiled Texas outlaws band together to form the ruthless gang recognized by the red sashes they wear. They emerge as the earliest example of organized crime in America. They call themselves… the Cowboys.”

102. rmm9090 says: Jul 14, 2010 5:26 PM

Even a retard like Vick knows that:
    1st comes b’day cake in the face
    2nd comes a shot in the leg
    3rd comes lead in the head

103. poonhok says: Jul 14, 2010 5:37 PM

If you want to see racism in action, simply look at our black AG, our black President, our black First Lady .
    They have decided to unmask their hatred for whites and Jews…

104. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Jul 14, 2010 5:55 PM

# Hawkeye says: July 14, 2010 4:40 PM
    —————————————-
    Not 100% accurate.
    There was also a traffic video of the accident & the authorities admit the victim wasn’t in a crosswalk, he darted out into the street in front of Stallworth. The guy ran right out in front of Donte’s car. He stopped & called 911. He manned up immediately, which is more than you can say for most NFL players that get in trouble.
    That was a one time mistake. MV did the things he did repeatedly for 6 years. Intent is big here, Donte didn’t intend to hurt anyone or thing – MV intended to hurt, torture & kill. MV intended to infect unsuspecting women with VD.
    Hard to believe that anyone that would inflict the type misery MV did for personal gratification or gain, is in anyway a good guy…

105. CKL says: Jul 14, 2010 6:43 PM

# jamaltimore says: July 14, 2010 3:56 PM
    _________________________________
    I hate most of what PETA does but animals are helpless and dependent. The street bum at a 90% likelihood made a series of bad decisions (NOT MISTAKES..DECISIONS) that resulted in his being homeless. You know, like Ronnie Mexcio did.

106. TexasBubba says: Jul 14, 2010 6:49 PM

Who leads when dancing Kolb or Vick? Bubba just askin.

107. numberfour says: Jul 14, 2010 6:57 PM

cbrian, dont send sis on that fool’s errand. she wont find anything.
    poon, osamabama is fine with jews. it’s posturing. he does whatever the bankers want him to do, and look at his cabinet. look closer.
    but he does hate the majority. no doubt.
    > minority occupation government

108. CaptainMarvel says: Jul 14, 2010 7:11 PM

I’m sure Vick’s fun to hang with on a Saturday night. Everyone probably gets laid and gets free drinks. But someone who delights in bizarre and creative ways to torture dogs isn’t someone I really wanna be around.

109. CH³NO² says: Jul 14, 2010 7:31 PM

I find it’s a universal defense mechanism for the lovers of the dawgkilla to bring up Stallworth, Big Ben, and just about any other athlete who has gotten in trouble with the law, when they have run out of valid reasons (there aren’t any) to support that POS Vick.
    What would be nice would be if you nitwits could compare Vick to someone who has done something GOOD for his community or the public in general.
    We will be waiting a long time for that to happen…..if ever.

110. Annuvin says: Jul 14, 2010 9:23 PM

Of couse Kolb loves Vick. As long as Vick is on the roster, Kolb is essentially guaranteed the starter position. It’s not like a one trick pony who can’t perform his trick anymore is about to offer up any kind of competition for the job.

111. NationalFelonLeague.com © says: Jul 14, 2010 9:32 PM

Just another Eagles PR stunt.
    Nothing new.

112. Dewsweeper says: Jul 14, 2010 9:52 PM

Texas Bubba asked, “Who leads when dancing Kolk or Vick?”
    Whoever needs their vuvuzela polished, if you get my drift.

113. Annuvin says: Jul 14, 2010 10:27 PM

godofwine says:
    ************
    I am not sure what kind of checkered past you are harbouring, but I have never so much as thought about torturing an animal to death, never mind sticking an electrode to a dog’s testicles as seeing how long it takes to die, hanging one, or kidnapping people’s pets, taping their mouths’ shut and using them as “bait” to train a fighting dog to be more vicious.
    Maybe in the ghetto Dawgkilla is “square with the house.” Up on the hill where I live however, he is nothing more than a sociopathic douchebag deserving of nothing but the deepest contempt and loathing. To be perfectly honest, the world would be a much better place if Dawgkilla, you and the rest of his lowlife, racist apologists were fed a lead pill and buried in an unmarked pit someplace. It’s because of people like you that child molesters get a second, third and fouth chance to indulge their sick perversions once they serve their time and are “square with the house”.

114. steely devil hab says: Jul 14, 2010 11:31 PM

Well – at least we know that Kolb is the consumate team player…

115. MutantDeadMan says: Jul 15, 2010 4:57 AM

Why is killing dogs worse than killing a fellow human being?
    Nobody gives Ray Lewis this kind of sh*t. Why?
    Sounds like total hypocrisy to me.

116. clemenza says: Jul 15, 2010 7:09 AM

vick severed his time and i hate what he did too the dogs but being a eagles fan i like the fact that kolb stood up for him….i have heard the same type of statements from other eagles

117. JunkYardDogg1156 says: Jul 15, 2010 8:53 AM

# MutantDeadMan says: July 15, 2010 4:57 AM
    Why is killing dogs worse than killing a fellow human being?
    Nobody gives Ray Lewis this kind of sh*t. Why?
    Sounds like total hypocrisy to me.
    # clemenza says: July 15, 2010 7:09 AM
    —————————————————–
    Mutant – Ray Lewis never was convicted for anything – that’s why for starters. In addition, this wasn’t a one time mistake, Vick did what he did for SIX YEARS. Over & over & for fun & games. Tortured sick, defenseess & bleeding animals for kicks. As for what it sounds like to you, PFT will make a note of that…LOL
    Clemeza – MV never did one bit of time in jail for the horrible cruelty he inflicted on those sick & hurting animals. In addition, this wasn’t a one time mistake, Vick did what he did for SIX YEARS. Over & over & for fun & games. He deserved 10 years & got off easy due to a weak prosecutor.
    Typical MV supporters, no real education of what he did, want to post. Read more than headlines before posting garbage.

118. poonhok says: Jul 15, 2010 10:06 AM

Delicious irony alert: Posters on this board who support the racist NAACP are crying “racism” the loudest…

119. Jaxeagle says: Jul 15, 2010 2:13 PM

120. poonhok says: Jul 15, 2010 7:03 PM

“@poonhok do you visit this site for football or politics or race relations. Just asking because last time I checked this is PRO FOOTBALL TALK. How’s that for irony?”
    ========
    Black posters on this forum have made this site about race relations and politics, I am just responding to the ignorance….

121. Jaxeagle says: Jul 15, 2010 7:47 PM

come on poonhok are you serious with that, do you have a crystal ball that tells the race of each poster on this site. Dude I know you can come better then that.

122. Annuvin says: Jul 15, 2010 7:51 PM

MutantDeadMan says:
    Why is killing dogs worse than killing a fellow human being?
    Nobody gives Ray Lewis this kind of sh*t. Why?
    Sounds like total hypocrisy to me.
    ********
    Ray Lewis was never convicted of anything. Dawgkilla admitted to running a dogfighting ring and did federal time as a result. Additionally, Dawgkilla mercilessly tortured at least eight dogs to death in the most inhumane manner possible simply for kicks. He deserved the full 40 years he could have been sentenced to in Virginia, but the state prosecuter was a putz and let this subhuman douchebag walk. As a result, he never served a day in jail for the most heinous of his crimes, and has never demonstrated even a shred of remorse for them. Had he not been caught, he’d still be taking part in such sadistic practices to this day. It wasn’t a one-time mistake made as the result of too much Grey Goose on a summer afternoon with a couple of his homeboys, this was a repeated behaviour pattern thay demonstrates a fairly accurate representation of who Michael Vick truly is.

123. Mooch says: Jul 15, 2010 9:39 PM

Every starting QB loves a backup QB with 0% chance to start.
    Please.

124. redsquare says: Jul 16, 2010 10:36 PM

Right on, Mooch. “I love him. He gives me complete job security.” Vick will NEVER start for another NFL team. He’s done.