Rams, Bradford's agents meeting later this week

There’s a sense that the ssslow pace of the negotiations for first-round draft picks may be arising from the fact that the various teams are waiting for someone to be the first to jump in the pool.  And there are now indications that the team that made the first pick could be the first to do the bank-vault cannonball.

The Rams supposedly didn’t try to sign quarterback Sam Bradford to a contract before the draft.  Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Rams will commence trying later this week, when Bradford’s agents and team officials meet on a face-to-face basis.

A week ago, Bradford told Dan Patrick that negotiations had not yet begun.  Two weeks from today, the Rams open camp.

Bradford is expected ultimately to ink a six-year deal with $50 million guaranteed and a total value in excess of $80 million.  Hopefully, he’ll still show up for work if the Rams switch to a 3-4 defense.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
9 Responses to “Rams, Bradford's agents meeting later this week”
  1. Opie says: Jul 14, 2010 9:36 AM

Do something about that damn St. Lucie ad will you?!? Everytime you get near clicking on the top half of the page, the thing swells like Barry Bonds’ head!
    NO, I don’t want to go to St. Lucie!! Tell the advertising agency that they suck! Annoying people is NOT a good way to get attention. This scenario never happens:
    Annoy the hell out of someone til they notice you. Then they say, “oh my, you know what? You’ve annoyed the piss out of me, but now that I take a closer look…yes, indeed, I’d like to go St. Lucie afterall. Thank goodness you annoyed me like chinese water torture because if you hadn’t, I wouldn’t have known that I wanted to go.”

2. Kevin from Philly says: Jul 14, 2010 9:47 AM

They don’t have a 3-4 defense, but they DO have a 3-2 offensive line. Three guys whiff on their blocks and two guys yell “watch out!”.

3. GBfanForever says: Jul 14, 2010 9:49 AM

negotiations haven’t started yet? What’s the rush when you’re the Rams I guess.

4. The Real Shuxion says: Jul 14, 2010 9:58 AM

# Opie says: July 14, 2010 9:36 AM
    —————————————————-
    If you download and install junkbuster and use the readme file to properly use it you can basically block all ads on all websites.
    I use it at home (Since the firewall I configured at work blocks basically all ads.) and it works great.

5. jram says: Jul 14, 2010 9:59 AM

Kevin the O-line should be better this year. They wont have Baron and Incognito combing for 40-45 yards of penalties. They do lack depth at both tackle spots though and since they are starting an oft injured left tackle and a rookie right, they better pick up a vet or two. We dont play Philly this year but we will beat the Skins for you.

6. technoboy says: Jul 14, 2010 10:28 AM

jram – I agree the O-line will get better without that cancer of a bum Barron. Addition by subtraction, I was so sick of his stupid penalties. I am sure everyone else on the team was too.

7. Island says: Jul 14, 2010 11:15 AM

I insist – the Rams should stand firm and give him a low signing bonus, base salaries and heavily incentive laden contract. No more JaWalrus type contracts.
    Just spread out the lolly to proven players and not to some snotty nosed college brats that have not shown that they can do anything at the pro level.
    If they don’t like it, he can sit out for the season and face the (very probable) rookie slotting pay grade that could be in place, or even face the uncertainity of no football so he would be two years removed from football and with two collegiate classes biding for the same amount of roster spots – no way he would become the overall #1 again…
    Just do it Rams, et the example for all these overblown divas….
    just my 2p

8. Halasfan says: Jul 14, 2010 12:25 PM

I like you thinking Island. Shame it won’t happen.

9. Ram_Country says: Jul 15, 2010 6:44 AM

“negotiations haven’t started yet? What’s the rush when you’re the Rams I guess.”
    ^What was the point of this post? Every team wants to get their draft picks signed in time for camp.