Chris Johnson signs his new deal

Chris Johnson has officially received the pay raise he was looking for.

A league source tells the “pop” of this “mom and pop” operation (I hope that doesn’t make me the “mom”) that Johnson signed the deal on Thursday that PFT first reported was agreed to on Monday.  The contract will pay Johnson more money this season by accelerating some escalators that he had unlocked for future seasons.

So Johnson will arrive at Titans practices next week a happy camper.  And he’ll still that way — at least until next offseason.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
14 Responses to “Chris Johnson signs his new deal”
  1. steelcurtaind says: Jul 22, 2010 10:57 AM

He reminds me of the predator! All he needs is grillz.
    Don’t say he cant afford em…

2. NinersRule! says: Jul 22, 2010 11:05 AM

Thats too bad. I wanted him to old out the rest f the year. Freakin tarantula head

3. CaptainManhattan says: Jul 22, 2010 11:14 AM

I can finally sleep better knowing CJ2K won’t have to play for 550k.

4. poonhok says: Jul 22, 2010 11:23 AM

Without Johnson, the Titans won’t win 6 games this year….

5. richkotitte says: Jul 22, 2010 11:24 AM

A top 4 FF stud in all formats…

6. Patriotsrule says: Jul 22, 2010 11:31 AM

All these professional athletes that want new contracts before their current contracts have expired remind me of little shildren who cry and pester the hell out of you until they get their way.

7. Adam-Chris Schefterson says: Jul 22, 2010 11:34 AM

—————-
    Maybe you’re just the other daddy. It’s a pop and pop operation.

8. flip1534 says: Jul 22, 2010 11:42 AM

also, who spells Greg with two “g”s at the end.
    “Hi, I’m Tomm”
    ” What’s up, I’m Jimm”
    ” Hey, how ya’ doin’, I’m Frankk”

9. brasho says: Jul 22, 2010 11:45 AM

Great idea, pay him so he can begin his career decline. Chris Johnson’s career will likely closely resemble Eric Dickerson’s, who also rushed for 2000+ yards in his 2nd year… and then never rushed for more than 4.6 ypc again. Johnson might still be pretty good, but he’ll never approach 2000 again. Bank on it!

10. flip1534 says: Jul 22, 2010 11:53 AM

to actually comment on the football matter at hand, DallasCowboys.com beat writer Mickey Spagnola gives out a “Mr. Indespensable” award before the start of every season, that is, it is awarded to the player who the team could certainly not succeed without.
    Aside from the QB, which is obvious, C.J. is obviously the crown jewel of the Titans right now, and the player they can’t do without. The team will go only as high as his ability to take pressure off of Vince “Mentally not Ready” Young can be.

11. SeriousRadio says: Jul 22, 2010 11:54 AM

Don’t take credit for originally breaking this story as a fact. You previously presented this as a deniable rumor by saying that your source was a ‘ league source’.

12. steely devil hab says: Jul 22, 2010 1:23 PM

In other news;
    Jewelers and dentists all around the Nashville area have placed Help Wanted ads for an increase in business for the 2010-2011 season.

13. Howboutdemcowboys says: Jul 22, 2010 2:23 PM

# steelcurtaind says: July 22, 2010 10:57 AM
    He reminds me of the predator! All he needs is grillz.
    Don’t say he cant afford em…
    _____________________________
    Marshawn Lynch is the predator!!!!!

14. Mark0226 says: Jul 22, 2010 2:23 PM

Gregg, you are one of the children in the family operation. Your older brother, Florio Jr, is the musician.