Broncos agree to deal with Eric Decker

Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver reports that the Broncos have agreed to terms on a rookie contract with third-round pick Eric Decker.  A wide receiver out of Minnesota, Decker will receive a $732,150 signing bonus when he formally puts pen to paper on Tuesday.

The maximum value of the deal is reportedly $4.8 million.
Decker participated in few pre-training camp workouts while rehabbing a Lisfranc foot fracture sustained during his senior season for the Gophers.  Decker, though, indicated that his recovery has gone as hoped.
“I feel very good going into this week,” said the No. 87 overall pick in April’s draft.  “I have worked very hard on increasing my strength and endurance, as well as managing my pain.  Obviously, I don’t want any setbacks during camp, but we have an excellent training staff that will work with me to feel confident about taking the field every day.”
In Denver, Decker projects as the Broncos’ long-term possession receiver, with first-round pick Demaryius Thomas as the team’s deep threat of the future.  How coach Josh McDaniels plans on getting Decker and Thomas the football consistently remains to be seen.
Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Broncos agree to deal with Eric Decker”
  1. 7370355q$ says: Jul 26, 2010 8:26 PM

Reminds me a lot of kevin walter with the texans, and not because they’re both white, just saying the play with the same style and approach to the game.

2. DeathByPurple says: Jul 26, 2010 8:30 PM

Go Go Gopher, I hope Tebow to Decker is echoed for the next decade.

3. Smoking Joe says: Jul 26, 2010 8:31 PM

A deep threat receiver does no good when you have noodle arm orton throwing the ball.
    Maybe they can get the bible thumper teblow to pray for some arm strength. Another year under McDimmwitt and the Broncos will be in the cellar of the easiest division in football.

4. Drafty says: Jul 26, 2010 8:52 PM

“How coach Josh McDaniels plans on getting Decker and Thomas the football consistently remains to be seen.”
    What? Well, from accurate passes thrown into small windows by an NFL-caliber quarterback, of course.
    Oh, wait. Point taken.

5. lebowski says: Jul 26, 2010 8:57 PM

Watched plenty of Gopher football games the past couple years (unfortunately) and Decker was like a man amongst boys in a lot of them. Really good football player.

6. BuckyBadger says: Jul 26, 2010 9:12 PM

Kid was a very good player at Minnesota. He could end up being a steal at 3rd.

7. AlphaBean says: Jul 26, 2010 9:20 PM

Please stop with all the nonsensensical name calling. Not because it’s childish, but because I am not a Broncos fan so I have no idea to whom you are referring.
    Maybe G-Rizzy will take the hand off from the Big K and Monkey Lips McButtplug will lead the way, with D-Bag Smith and his wife, Fakella McBotox cheering in the stands!

8. Brewster says: Jul 26, 2010 10:01 PM

AlphaBean says: July 26, 2010 9:20 PM
    ______________
    Nonsensical name calling? In 7, count em, 7 posts there were 2 comments, Teblow and McDimwit.
    If you are so uninformed that you couldn’t figure out they referred to Tebow and McDaniels, perhaps the McDimwit reference should be applied to you.

9. robert ethen says: Jul 26, 2010 10:52 PM

He reminds me of Bobby Hayes except Hayes was not white.

10. Beauregard says: Jul 27, 2010 12:14 AM

Let’s see….trade Brandon Marshall and pass on Dez Bryant. Hmmmm, I wonder just how good McDouche thinks these guys will be. Second coming Eddie Mccaffrey maybe?

11. keithcash says: Jul 27, 2010 12:25 AM

NEXT ED MCAFFREY
    was i the first?

12. Allied Biscuit says: Jul 27, 2010 1:26 AM

Peyton Manning really wanted this guy; too bad that he didn’t get drafted by the Colts, because with the way the Broncos QB situation is, you might not hear much from Decker. Manning would have made this kid a huge star.

13. ElwayBronco says: Jul 27, 2010 9:52 AM

Championship!!! Write it down. GO BRONCOS

14. Broncofanman says: Jul 27, 2010 9:58 AM

Decker is a beast, look him up on Youtube. The guy has great hands; catches everything in site, now we have to jsut get him the ball. the unfortunent thing is someone is going to be left out of the mix, gaffney, stokely and the list goes on. I can’t imagine McD holdinig back Thomas, Royal and Decker..

15. Orange&Blue says: Jul 27, 2010 10:16 AM

McDimwitt, McDouche, Teblow???? AHHAHAHAHAHA… you are sooooo funny. And original. And witty.
    Now go away.