More teams interested in T.O., but Bengals and Rams lead the way

As momentum builds toward receiver Terrell Owens signing with his fifth NFL team, two teams are the most interested in the veteran wideout:  the Bengals and the Rams.

We’re told that other teams are interested, but not at the same level of urgency.

For now, the other interested teams aren’t known.  That could prompt some to conclude that there are no other interested teams.  Then again, many were saying before the Bengals and Rams emerged that there were no interested teams at all.

In the end, the question for Owens will be whether he wants to get a deal done now with St. Louis or Cincinnati, or whether he wants to wait for the possibility that a starting receiver with another team ends up tearing an ACL in the early days of camp.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, St. Louis Rams
33 Responses to “More teams interested in T.O., but Bengals and Rams lead the way”
  1. CJ SPILLER says: Jul 26, 2010 12:26 PM

Florio……..you been listening to John Clayton too much……..same info on ESPN with Clayton last night. Write something original would you?

2. Batman says: Jul 26, 2010 12:33 PM

Go Away TO

3. Mike Daly says: Jul 26, 2010 12:37 PM

I do not believe any team other than Cincy and the Rams (who are desperate for SOME kind of WR help and also could use a boost in ticket sales) has interest in TO.

4. muchmaligned says: Jul 26, 2010 12:40 PM

When you say “many were saying…” do you mean you and Rosengurl?

5. MrHumble says: Jul 26, 2010 12:42 PM

“Then again, many were saying before the Bengals and Rams emerged that there were no interested teams at all.”
    ————————————–
    If my memory serves correctly Florio, it was YOU who was declaring that there was no interest from any team and that it was T.O. and Rosenhaus who were spreading the b.s…………

6. Harm City Homer says: Jul 26, 2010 12:43 PM

The bengals or rams? I would wait to see if there is a team C with a chance at winning before taking vet min to be an also ran with a rookie or a has been at QB. The raiders actually look like a better option at this point where he would start, and be in a division the team has a chance to win.

7. paleandpasty says: Jul 26, 2010 12:43 PM

Wasn’t Spagnola with the Eagles during the McNabb/T.O. feud? Aren’t there reports saying that the Rams would never expose a rookie QB to T.O.? Why was this article written? Why do I waste my time typing this?

8. WhoDeySood5 says: Jul 26, 2010 12:45 PM

if he becomes a Bengal we will embrace him (see Chris Henry, Matt Jones, Adam Jones…) but please football Gods, don’t do this to Cincinnati!!

9. steelerhypocrite says: Jul 26, 2010 12:47 PM

I know, I know, the Bengals made the playoffs last year. Big f-ing deal. Now, they can go 3-13, 6-10, 4-12, 3-13 for the next four years before they squeek back into the playoffs. This organization is a joke…and no, I am not a Steelers fan…they are a bunch of hypocrites (hence my name).
    There is only 2 NFL franchises that are more of a joke than Cincy and that is Detroit and Cleveland…I’d rather listen to Chris Berman and Stuart Scott debate “The origins of the Universe” than live in those 2 places…pure hell!

10. ICDogg says: Jul 26, 2010 12:51 PM

Whatever software is used on this page, it breaks the comments into short lines. Those lines sometimes break up the “br” tag between the “b” and the “r”, causing bold comments the rest of the way down.

11. edgarpoe says: Jul 26, 2010 12:57 PM

I heard every NFL team is pursuing him. And he is just waiting for the RIGHT OFFER. Who wouldn’t want to have a self-inflicting cancer on their team? Who wouldn’t want the league’s leader – in dropped passes? Who wouldn’t want their team to be all about T.O.?

12. recent says: Jul 26, 2010 1:00 PM

(Nothing to say about TO that hasn’t already been said, just closing that unclosed bold tag from MrHumble’s post.)

13. BengalsDouche2 says: Jul 26, 2010 1:01 PM

Well I know the Bengals organization isn’t the best. As a matter of fact, the organization sucks with the owner of Mike Brown. Can’t stand the guy. I wish he’d sell the team. But since I was born and raised a Bengal fan, unfortunately I’m stuck loving them. So now that we had a nice winning season last year we have to be excited. Just in our blood.

14. ICDogg says: Jul 26, 2010 1:03 PM

Looking further, preceding the “br” tag was a long dashed line which most likely had no legal place to break. Therefore it was arbitrarily broken – in between the “b” and the “r” in the tag.
    That logic needs to be rewritten so any tags shorter than the allowed line length cannot be broken.

15. WhodeyTN says: Jul 26, 2010 1:03 PM

Steelerhypocrite, you are pretty ignorant. Their defense was top 5 last year and has only improved in the off season. Palmer had no weapons last year besides Chad, now he has Ocho, Bryant, possibly TO, Gresham, Shipley, Caldwell, Benson, Scott, etc… You are in a dream world if you think the Bengals will not compete for the division title again next year. I can’t wait.

16. JoeSchmoe says: Jul 26, 2010 1:07 PM

steelerhypocrite,
    There’s literally tens of people who will disagree with you on Det and Cle! LOL, seriously though if you’re from there, you love it and rep it no matter what. I spent a 4 year stretch of my 20’s in Det (aka I pretty much did a 4 year bid) and I have to say that it makes a man out of you. Gives you an edge for sure…. Cleveland? Bunch of pussies. Haha. Just kiddin to my Cleveland homies….
    In any case steelerhypocrite, GFY and…. Go Bengals!
    …and N.O. to T.O.!!!! We don’t need him.

17. 7370355q$ says: Jul 26, 2010 1:10 PM

@harm city homer
    I’m a ravens fan and i do think the ravens will win the division but it is pretty much a three team toss up with the ravens, bengals, and steelers, but ultimately the decision comes down to what t.o. wants which no nfl franchise has ever been able to figure it out nor will they ever.

18. Wonka says: Jul 26, 2010 1:19 PM

Ochocinco
    PacMan
    Tank Jones
    Cedric Benson
    Matt Jones
    Rey Maualuga
    Bernard Scott
    Frostee Rucker
    Carlos Dunlap
    etc…..
    Such an enormous collection of turds and “me” guys on one team, and KAZ and the other Cincinnati morons wonder why that franchise never wins anything, and hasn’t had consecutive winning seasons since the Gerald Ford administration….

19. db3300 says: Jul 26, 2010 1:22 PM

@MrHumble, you left your fly open.

20. 7370355q$ says: Jul 26, 2010 1:26 PM

To any bengals fan who may know the answer to this, is antonio bryant’s knee as bad as the media is making it out to be?

21. sabotslugs43 says: Jul 26, 2010 1:26 PM

Watching where TO might go is becoming worse than the annual Favre saga.

22. Joe says: Jul 26, 2010 1:27 PM

so whats the point of the post if you dont know the interested teams?

23. Canned Heat says: Jul 26, 2010 1:30 PM

I don’t care how bad you need a receiver, this guy will wreck the locker room and foundation of any team he is on. I can’t wait for the poor me crap that TO will have coming when no one is there to sign him.

24. gazretired says: Jul 26, 2010 1:36 PM

TO, TO, TO. BS, BS, BS. Give it a break. Much ado about nothing.

25. Ray says: Jul 26, 2010 1:47 PM

As a RAMS fan, I’m not feelin this. NO to T.O.!

26. Ralph says: Jul 26, 2010 2:07 PM

who cares about T.O.?
    Someone convince the Pats to trade Randy back to the Vikings. That would worth talking about.

27. Snooky says: Jul 26, 2010 2:36 PM

[/B] fixed?
    T.O will probably end up in Cinci. No way the Rams can do anything right, signing TO included. But I really don’t think T.O to the Bengals is a good move for Cinci. They need all kinds of help but surely T.O isnt it.

28. goetta-head says: Jul 26, 2010 2:55 PM

Everyone is so concerned that TO is a cancer. He wasnt a caner in Buffalo. He certainly wont be in Cincy if he signs with them. Cincy will sign him for vet min. with some incentives thrown in. Egos disappear in the locker room nowadays. You guys are basing your decisions and opinions on old ass news. Bet you just sold your BP stock too.

29. nigel_hugginsworth says: Jul 26, 2010 3:19 PM

Can anyone confirm whether Adam “Pac Man” Jones is in fact on the current Cincinnati roster?
    I don’t recall him being signed.
    Regards,
    Nigel.

30. heavyj39 says: Jul 26, 2010 3:20 PM

7370355q$ says:
    July 26, 2010 1:26 PM
    ___________________________________
    As a Bengal fan I am starting to think he might be more hurt than anyone is letting on. If they thought he was healthy I dont think they would be looking at TO at all. They seem pretty high on Gresham and Shipey so with adding TO to Ocho and a healthy Bryant would seem to be counter productive.
    Also I am completly torn by this one. Could this offense with TO be dynamic and put defenses in lots of uncomfortable situations?? Yes. Could this blow up in our face when there are not enough balls to go around?? Yes. So I dont know what I am rooting for.

31. heavyj39 says: Jul 26, 2010 3:27 PM

Nigel,
    Yes. He signed a two year deal and is battling incumbent nickle corner Morgan Trent for the 3rd CB spot.

32. Steeler79 says: Jul 26, 2010 3:38 PM

“I hope he goes to STL….Bradford will be wrecked forever and the Rams will stay where they’re at…a doormat.
    Same jackass moves that led Barry Bonds to the sit list. Pompous, arrogant cancer with all the gifts in the world, but too much head and too little smarts to know it.”
    Give me a freaking break! “wrecked forever” what a joke!
    Which team or player has TO wrecked forever? Why is it that there’s a lot of players and coaches out there who actually like TO? He’s had one highly publicized blowup with one player, McNabb, but he and TO actually still like each other. There is a difference between the TO in the locker room and the TO that the media wants you to see. He is a great leader, especially in training camp. The Rams have a huge collection of very young talented WRs and I for one think they would benefit from seeing TO’s work-out ethics and drive to win.
    Sure he’s a drama queen and can be a distraction sometimes but he’s not going to screw up a rookie QB or an entire franchise because he’s on the team for one year. Jesus you are a drama queen just like Florio and 95% of the commenters on this site.

33. edgy says: Jul 26, 2010 4:07 PM

Canned Heat says: July 26, 2010 1:30 PM
    **********************
    Strange, Tony Romo hasn’t been wrecked forever…