NFC North training camp one-liners

Lance Louis could go from seventh-round draft pick of the Bears in 2009 to starter on the offensive line in 2010.

Bears TE Greg Olsen caught five touchdown passes in 12 snaps during a 7-on-7 drill Sunday night.

If Jay Cutler ends up like Trent Green in 1999, Caleb Hanie could be the next Kurt Warner.

The Bears’ first depth chart of the season has Devin Hester and Johnny Knox as the starters at receiver, Greg Olsen as the starting tight end, Matt Forte as the starting running back, and Desmond Clark as the H-back.

The Lions hope to beef up their special teams under new coordinator Danny Crossman.

Lions CB Chris Houston was demoted after being burned by WR Calvin Johnson on Sunday.

Lions S Louis Delmas and TE Will Heller have exited the PUP list.

The Lions are using plenty of two-tight-end sets in the hopes of taking advantage of Tony Scheffler and Brandon Pettigrew.

Packers LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) is expected to miss a couple of weeks.

Rookie S Morgan Burnett is preparing to start, in the event Atari Bigby’s ankle doesn’t heal before Week 1.

The Packers won’t be using a committee approach at tailback, focusing instead on Ryan Grant.

Packers TE Jermichael Finley could have a big impact on the NFL this year.

Rookie lineman Bryan Bulaga is now competing for the starting job at left guard.

Albert Young could hold off Toby Gerhart for the No. 2 spot on the tailback depth chart.

Jon Cooper has been getting plenty of reps at center for the Vikings, and could nail down the No. 2 spot behind John Sullivan.

The Vikings practiced in high heat and humidity on Monday.

Vikings WR Bernard Berrian, slowed by hamstring troubles in 2009, says he’s healthy for 2010.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
20 Responses to “NFC North training camp one-liners”
  1. GobiasINC_1 says: Aug 10, 2010 12:53 AM

Release the unabashed negativity about each others’ teams…
    …now.

2. sand0 says: Aug 10, 2010 7:48 AM

Your team full of millionaire jocks is a bunch of terrible loser monsters compared to my wonderful collection of winning living saints. Not only is your coach, management, and ownership structure the worst in all of football, but your fans are 100% across the board a bunch of loser idiot morons.
    Boy am I glad that I am a fan of such a pristine club with so much to be proud of right now instead of you other fans and their trash heap of losers and half men.
    I’m just so happy that I am me and not you. Being me is so great that I just feel obligated to convince myself and everyone else in the world of it.

3. Charles Wood says: Aug 10, 2010 8:01 AM

The Vikings suck… ( I know, I know… way to go Captain Obvious!! )

4. chitownlionsfan says: Aug 10, 2010 8:22 AM

so a corner was punished for getting beat by calvin johnson, the teams best player. wow, do they really think the 2nd stringer will have a better shot? the schwartz is not with me.

5. RC IV says: Aug 10, 2010 8:23 AM

Charles Wood says:
    August 10, 2010 8:01 AM
    The Vikings suck…
    =========================
    That’s ok. You swallow.

6. DuluthFan says: Aug 10, 2010 8:39 AM

sando is my new favorite “poster”!!!

7. Calistin says: Aug 10, 2010 8:41 AM

The football team from my geographical area is superior to the team from yours.

8. Master Bates says: Aug 10, 2010 9:02 AM

RC IV says:
    August 10, 2010 8:23 AM
    Charles Wood says:
    August 10, 2010 8:01 AM
    The Vikings suck…
    ==================== =====
    That’s ok. You swallow.
    —————
    Ewww Charles Wood…is that true? You really swallow? Gross, and you kiss your mother with that mouth?

9. DiverDown says: Aug 10, 2010 9:12 AM

Oh man. Wisconsinites are fat! Look at them! They are so fat! Like, they can barely fit into their seats! You should come on over to Minnesota, which literally doesn’t even have one state between it and Wisconsin, and you’ll find totally educated, non-fat people who can easily fit into their seats! Plus we’re right next door to North Dakota, so you know we’ve got more culture than Wisconsin!

10. azlionsfan says: Aug 10, 2010 12:54 PM

ok since no one else is I will comment on the write-up itself.
    Caleb Hanie could be the next Kurt Warner. UHHHH not gonna happen. There may never be another Kurt Warner in our lifetime.
    Glad to hear Florio motivated Delmas to get off the PUP list. Nice going Florio, thanks for ruining the one player in the Lions secondary.
    No Favre one liner? WTF
    People from WI are fat but dont forget drunk.

11. GBISFULLOFFATTIES says: Aug 10, 2010 1:00 PM

As a Vikings fan I can say you are all tards (everyone) ! Who gets upset over a blog. WOW, get a life clowns!

12. Contra says: Aug 10, 2010 1:52 PM

DiverDown says:
    August 10, 2010 9:12 AM
    ————-
    Excellent post!

13. LegNasty says: Aug 10, 2010 2:48 PM

==================== =====
    This guy reminds me of this chick in high school, she did the whole team and ended up with the clap.

14. Dewey Axewoond says: Aug 10, 2010 4:27 PM

RC IV says:
    August 10, 2010 8:23 AM
    Charles Wood says:
    August 10, 2010 8:01 AM
    The Vikings suck…
    ==================== =====
    That’s ok. You swallow.
    _______________________________
    Oh no!
    That must be really disappointing for you–NOW what will your family drink for breakfast?

15. Crazydiamond says: Aug 10, 2010 5:46 PM

Umm… the packers suck. Brilliant post, right? C’mon Charles Wood. Is that really the most intelligent post you could come up with?

16. ACS2 says: Aug 10, 2010 9:53 PM

The Vikings suck…
    ==================== =====
    That’s ok. You swallow.
    _________________ ______________
    Oh no!
    ===============================
    Why do you even ponder posting?

18. ACS2 says: Aug 11, 2010 11:32 AM

Gotta hand it to you, RC.. For a Viking fan you actually make decent use of that phrase. If I’m ever rolling through LaCrosse I’ll have to swing by your trailer house for a Pabst.

19. RC IV says: Aug 11, 2010 12:09 PM

ACS2 says:
    August 11, 2010 11:32 AM
    ===========================
    Lol Adam, not in a trailer house, actually an apartment. I’m too lazy to own a home.
    Let me know if you make it to La Crosse, Would be fun to tip a couple with a PFT nemesis….

20. Kirmie says: Aug 11, 2010 2:25 PM

# chitownlionsfan says: August 10, 2010 8:22 AM
    ———
    The cause of him getting beat? Screwing up. Not getting out cut, double moved, out jumped, or out ran. Plain ol’ stupidity.