Channing Crowder ready to watch Jason Taylor act "womanly"

Oh, Channing Crowder.  We’ve missed you, big guy.

With HBO’s Hard Knocks debuting on Wednesday night, the Dolphins linebacker talked about why the show will be must-see TV for him.

“I just want to see JT [Jason Taylor] and laugh at him,” Crowder said, via the Palm Beach Post. “I talked to
him the other night and I was making fun of him, so I just want to see
him out there embarrass himself.”

Crowder says the Taylor you see on camera is not the guy he knows.

“He’s a real pretty boy. He had makeup with Dancing with the Stars
and all that, so he might put on makeup,” Crowder said. “He’s gonna
perform. Trust me. You can mark that. JT is not going to be himself.
He’s gonna perform for the cameras, ’cause he’s a showman. That’s what I
give him a hard time about — he’s going to be as clean as he can, he’s
gonna have a freshly-shaved head, ’cause the camera is around and he’s
very womanly.”

And like every woman, Taylor needs makeup that doesn’t run when he plays football.

“What is it, Vidal Sassoon or something?” Crowder said.
“What’s the good stay-strong stuff you could wear? Loreal? He’ll have on
non-run Loreal.”

Crowder has some nice flowing locks, but he just can’t match the feminine qualities of his ex-teammate.

“JT’s
graceful. He’s a very graceful guy. I told him I’m gonna make fun of
him, so he knows it’s coming. But yeah, he is a very pretty, womanly
football player.”

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
36 Responses to “Channing Crowder ready to watch Jason Taylor act "womanly"”
  1. j0hnny63 says: Aug 11, 2010 9:11 AM

guh. crowder should be more concerned about his performance on the field. if the addition of dansby as the other ILB doesn’t push him to improve, he can consider himself benched. the phins have young guys behind him that would kill for his job AND take it seriously if given the opportunity.

2. pike360 says: Aug 11, 2010 9:19 AM

agggh!
    Every team’s got one moron who thinks he’s better then he
    is and just needs to shut up!!!
    Crowder’s ours.
    What makes it worst is he’s not even close to the player that
    Talor is/was. It takes special kind of stupid to insult a franchise legend AND fire up your biggest rival with single blast of hot
    air. :(

3. hnirobert says: Aug 11, 2010 9:22 AM

I love Channing but not the player. He’s a serviceable MLB but not a playmaker. He is entertaining during his interviews though.

4. thetechnocrat says: Aug 11, 2010 9:27 AM

Remind us, with your Florida degree, where England is again Channers.
    Can’t wait to see how long it takes you to be on the free housing/welfare line after your career is over.

5. hnirobert says: Aug 11, 2010 9:30 AM

I also don’t think he’s taking shots at JT. They’re friends. He’s just making fun of him in the same way you make fun of your friends.

6. LewD says: Aug 11, 2010 9:34 AM

he’s funnier than hell … one of the best Dolphin interviews …
    smart too … believe it or not ….

7. jcjets says: Aug 11, 2010 9:37 AM

Is it just me, or do the dolphins seem to have an inordinate amount of douchebags on the team?
    he seems to know a lot about makeup, brand names and everything!

8. muchmaligned says: Aug 11, 2010 9:39 AM

@pike360,
    Grow a sense of humor and hire an English teacher. Enema bags, like you, are the bane of decent NFL fans.

9. js136202 says: Aug 11, 2010 9:43 AM

He was making a joke about a friend pike360. A lot of people don’t realize that most of the guys in the NFL are friends with eachother, even when they’re on different teams. He wasn’t insulting him, he was teasing him. It’s friendly, lighten up. I thought it was pretty funny.

10. IV:XXMileHigh says: Aug 11, 2010 9:48 AM

I have no idea who Crowder is but I like him. Funny dude!

11. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Aug 11, 2010 10:01 AM

“he’s going to be as clean as he can, he’s gonna have a freshly-shaved head, ’cause the camera is around and he’s very womanly.”
    ________________
    If there’s one thing I look for in a woman, it’s a freshly-shaved head.
    Aerodynamic. Rawr.

12. FiNz_FuRy says: Aug 11, 2010 10:03 AM

Seriously people, lighten up! It was funny and do any of you really doubt it’s untrue? Anyhow, it’s about time someone takes a shot at Jason Traitor!

13. dbartdog says: Aug 11, 2010 10:03 AM

Funny? The guy’s an efing moron…nothing funny about this douche at all!

14. Zach says: Aug 11, 2010 10:05 AM

Oh no, Crowder made fun of a man for being womanly. He owes him a national apology now.

15. SomeFans says: Aug 11, 2010 10:09 AM

Oh Channing…. you never shut up do you? Pretty funny stuff though. JT is a prima donna. He’s just ribbing him.
    @jcjerk…. it’s just you, trust me. All you jet fans must have been dropped on your heads at birth. The Dolphins actually have a TEAM and not a bunch of misfit ME PLAYERS the wets have dug up. Good luck with that.
    Looking forward to Marshall/Ronnie running over your CB’s.

16. KILLER FIN says: Aug 11, 2010 10:11 AM

Crowder should just shut up & worry about him NOT playing like a woman!!! Why the Fins keep him around is beyond me???

17. GRpatriot says: Aug 11, 2010 10:15 AM

Crowder looks like a convict! Plus he isn’t that good! Maybe he should try on a skirt or two before knocking the 2006 Defensive MVP?

18. Captain Common Sense says: Aug 11, 2010 10:16 AM

HAHA, I think this is great. It’s obviously two friends picking on each other. My band does the same thing. We make fun of each other on our website, and at concerts. Doesn’t mean we’re starting a rivalry. We all get a laugh and the fans stay entertained.

19. HoosierFin says: Aug 11, 2010 10:27 AM

jcjets says:
    he seems to know a lot about makeup, brand names and everything!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    I think it is just you. Dolphins may have there fair share of douchebags just like any other team in the NFL (Jets included), but “an inordinate amount…”, I think not. We could get into a pissing contest on which team has more DBags, but what would that achieve. Here is a brand name that is a ‘sponsor’ of the Jets’ Hard Knocks show: Summer’s Eve.

20. BRUTUS9448 says: Aug 11, 2010 10:31 AM

who cares. They are good friends and are making fun of each other. people on this board need to get a life

21. tryagain says: Aug 11, 2010 10:32 AM

@SomeFans- I think you’re right, it’s not the Fin players that are dbags so much. It’s their fans.

22. WarrenMoonGOAT says: Aug 11, 2010 11:16 AM

some of u guys have no sense of humor, u probably don’t even smile at your kids

23. JVult says: Aug 11, 2010 11:24 AM

Is Channing Crowder trying to become the next Freddie Mitchell? Keep your mouth shut Crowder and focus on making one big play this season.

24. bigrig says: Aug 11, 2010 12:21 PM

Carol Channing shouldn’t throw stones.

25. texasPHINSfan says: Aug 11, 2010 12:59 PM

You guys all realize he’s just messing around right? And he knows where England is. :facepalm:
    I swear some of you wouldn’t know sarcasm if it hit you in the face. Crowder is far more entertaining in interviews than he is effective on the field, i’ll say that

26. dcryan82 says: Aug 11, 2010 1:16 PM

@ JVult.. How is he ANYTHING like Freddie Mitchell??? He’s not boasting about his own abilities. Like others have said, he is takin jabs at a friend of his. Crowder said “I talked to him the other night and I was making fun of him”… Obvsiously he’s said these things to JT’s face..
    For those of you getting you panties in a twist over this, you are either too sensitive or you dont have any good friends. Good friends joke with each other like that all the time. Especially athletes.
    I’m ashamed of the dolphins fans who are negatively commenting on this. Crowder feeds off of emotion. Quit tellin players to shut their mouth and make plays.. Some players dont operate like that, and if they talk more or less, it’s not going to make a difference how they play on the field. On top of it, no matter how many times you tell a player to shut up and make plays, they arent going to listen to someone sitting in a recliner watchin tv or in their computer chair in their mother’s basement.

27. Hugh Jorgan says: Aug 11, 2010 1:46 PM

Oh my God…people, lighten the eff up!! Reminds me of all the thongs that were twisted in a bunch when Revis and Ochocinco had their Twitter war last year.
    Good stuff! Lots of laughs!!

28. brasho says: Aug 11, 2010 2:02 PM

All I’m getting from all of Crowder’s talk is that is probably has a big-time crush on Taylor. He keeps saying how womanly he is. He has probably seen Taylor’s half-naked body so many times in the locker room that he has it memorized and playing his dreams on a continuous loop. He talks about his womanly features so much that you just have to know that Crowder wants to plant a big fat smooch on Taylor’s lips while he caresses that former defensive MVP’s hips. I wonder if Todd Herreman is going to chime in with a Tweet about how uncomfortable this display of homosexuality is making him.

29. dieharddolfan6493 says: Aug 11, 2010 2:37 PM

the jets have a team of people that talk trash but when a player talks about their team the fans act like girls

30. NCFinFan says: Aug 11, 2010 3:12 PM

dcryan82 says: August 11, 2010 1:16 PM
    ====================================================================================================================================
    Obviously he is joking but he still sucks. if you cant see that you are a blind loyal Gator fan,
    “Crowder feeds off of emotion. Quit tellin players to shut their mouth and make plays” Other than Tom Brady hitting him between the numbers last year throwing the ball away getting sacked at the end of the game hoping for any thing, what other game changing play has he make in 5 years? NONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thats only one more than all the recliner/basemant fans you talk about, so yes he should shut up till me makes some plays. He makes a hall of famer out of every TE he “try’s” to cover, the sooner he is gone the better IMO.
    I’m as big as Dolphin fan as any one but this guy is a fraud.

31. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 11, 2010 5:02 PM

@brasho
    Bet you typed all that with a big hardon didn’t you?

32. dcryan82 says: Aug 11, 2010 7:57 PM

@ NCFinFan
    - Not a Gaytor fan.. Im a fan of The U.
    -Not once did I say Crowder was a good player
    - I do think he will play well with Dansby next to him like he did with ZT next to him (and yes i know he played OLB at that time)
    - Never said he does make plays
    - I said that him talking or not talking wont make a difference either way. If he talks a bunch of shit, he’s not guna make game changing plays.. If he keeps his mouth shut and plays. He STILL wont make game changing plays.. Not sure where that got misconstrued.
    - As it stands, he is 1 of 2 starting MLBs for Miami and if he’s guna run his mouth about a Jets player, he is good in my book.
    - Crowder wasnt talking about how great he is and never has he.. he’s never bragged about his playing ability, so how is he a fraud?? He’s a fraud because he cracks jokes about JT being feminine? Ok.. I think (and most people with a decent sense of humor) that it’s funny.
    - Get over yourself.

33. Sarge says: Aug 11, 2010 8:13 PM

HA! I kinda like this Canned Chowder guy.

34. TheSleepness says: Aug 11, 2010 9:24 PM

channing crowder couldn’t hold jason taylor’s tutu

35. Craven Morehead says: Aug 12, 2010 4:54 PM

Hey guys, Crowder is just joking with JT. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be calling each other all the time. As far as the Dolphins having all the douchebags on the field, New York has all the douchebags in the stands.

36. monropoobah says: Aug 13, 2010 4:26 AM

basically this run has been dolphin fans calling each other douche. it hasn’t been the best (wasn’t about football) but it hasn’t been the worst either