Rex Ryan's mother complained about his mouth

After the debut episode of the Jets’ stint on Hard Knocks, the NFL was buzzing.  And coach Rex Ryan’s phone was ringing.

Ryan said that his mother called to complain about his propensity to plunk down profanity.

Per the Associated Press, Ryan apologized if he “offended more people than I usually offend.”

And given that Mother Ryan married Buddy Ryan, we suspect it’s not the first time she has heard those words.

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
36 Responses to “Rex Ryan's mother complained about his mouth”
  1. Animal says: Aug 12, 2010 5:33 PM

do you know if the show will be available online to see?.. I dont get HBO.

2. phishead says: Aug 12, 2010 5:38 PM

SO the truth behind the GROSS OBESITY is revealed. His mother is to blame,he blabbed so much about nothing she kept stuffing his face with FOOD. Just to shut him up,albeit a temporary fix. Suffice it to say that while her actions were indeed noble in their intention,she failed miserably in her endeavor. He STILL BLABS uncontrollably about NOTHING(JETS).
    Phishead

3. SomeFans says: Aug 12, 2010 5:41 PM

Even Mom called him a douche…

4. PatricktheDookie says: Aug 12, 2010 5:56 PM

I love how so many people get bent out of shape over curse words.
    “Oh no! He said something that is supposed to be bad! I am offended!”

5. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 12, 2010 6:05 PM

Now this is just way too funny!!!!!!
    I guess all you jests fans sticking up for him and his potty mouth should answer to his mommy and tell her to SHUT THE F@(& UP!!!!!!!!

6. ampats says: Aug 12, 2010 6:15 PM

Animal,
    take a crowbar to your wallet and pay the $10 per month.

7. odds75to1 says: Aug 12, 2010 6:17 PM

Someone called this on the other thread when they said “what are they gonna do tell his mom?”
    haha great!

8. andy reid's belt says: Aug 12, 2010 6:20 PM

This guy is an ass-clown just like his old man was, nothing but a talker and never won a championship as a HEAD COACH. He and Chad Johnson should hook up.

9. Anybodyhome says: Aug 12, 2010 6:36 PM

If NFL teams were all coached by choirboys, they’d all suck… just like Notre Dame.

10. HellRelle24 says: Aug 12, 2010 7:08 PM

how is this even a story?
    coaches are suppose to fire you up. get a clue u mama’s boys

11. The Green Titan says: Aug 12, 2010 7:27 PM

KoaMisiFan says:
    August 12, 2010 6:05 PM
    Now this is just way too funny!!!!!!
    ________________________________
    Are you really dumb enough to not expect the mom to be offended? I guess you are.

12. kr says: Aug 12, 2010 7:38 PM

————————————-
    That’s a funny comment coming from a guy who took Andy Reid as his handle

13. mr_snrub says: Aug 12, 2010 8:00 PM

At least Ryan’s dad is sympathetic to excuses. He’ll be hearing a lot of them this year.

14. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 12, 2010 8:50 PM

HellRelle24 says:
    August 12, 2010 7:08 PM
    how is this even a story?
    coaches are suppose to fire you up. get a clue u mama’s boys
    —————————————
    I assume this was directed to Rexy?

15. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 12, 2010 8:52 PM

@The Green Titan
    What? Are you as dumb as you sound on here? Did you even read my post? It’s been mostly jests fans thinking all the f bombs were so cool. I think he sounded like white trash. Think before you type goober.

16. queenie says: Aug 12, 2010 8:56 PM

From SI.com: Ryan said he got a call from his mother after the uncensored episode aired Wednesday night. A playful Ryan apologized if he “offended more people than I usually offend.” He also said he’s just being himself.
    ———————————-
    dude’s just keeping it real and it’s funny as all hell….I mean look at the guy!

17. cunninglinguist says: Aug 12, 2010 9:32 PM

KoaMisiFan says: “I think he sounded like white trash”
    A guy from Florida calling someone else white trash?
    You do realize you live in the trash capital of the world…be it white, black, red or whatever.

18. njjetfan says: Aug 12, 2010 9:47 PM

YOOOO Animal your a scrub!!!! You not even an animal because Animals have HBO!!! Lmao….
    Yo rex talks from the heart. Hes one of the guys. what do you want him sound like, some preacher.
    Bart Scott said it on the show, In a dark alley id take Rex Ryan over anyone including SAPP and Ray Lewis. He talks like us. Hes one of the guys. Maybe you cant speak like that with your pencil pushing jobs girls but this is football. Let them be themselves…… GO Jets… cant wait for next wend. this show is crack. Like the crack most of ya mommas be smoking…..

19. Jetsman80 says: Aug 12, 2010 10:12 PM

REX RYAN IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO NY SPORTS SINCE REGGIE JACKSON.
    GO REX GO !

20. robert ethen says: Aug 12, 2010 10:32 PM

How does Rex Ryan greet his Dad?
    “Hey Mother*******!”

21. sukit100 says: Aug 13, 2010 1:30 AM

Maybe his mother can shut that fat ass, doughnut sucking, black hole of an abyss that is Rex’s pie hole. I like the JETS and this guy sucks.

22. CJ SPILLER says: Aug 13, 2010 7:11 AM

Did she also say “son, you’re a f—-ng fat ass”?

23. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 13, 2010 8:07 AM

cunninglinguist says:
    August 12, 2010 9:32 PM
    —————————————————
    Yeah dork. That’s why all you stupid northerners can’t wait to move down here? Now, you’re just sounding stupid!!!! Oh wait…..you’re a jest fan. My bad.

24. MrExcite says: Aug 13, 2010 9:02 AM

Interesting note on Rex’s mom, she married and divorced Buddy twice !!!

25. Hugh Jorgan says: Aug 13, 2010 11:06 AM

Mike and Gregg, can you please post stories on the Dolphins. Koa is getting bored and trolling Jets articles again.
    Koa, you’re calling people “dorks” …and “goobers” ??? Seriously???
    If the Dolphins aren’t doing anything newsworthy these days, just make something up. That’s what half the Jets stories on PFT are anyway. Ya gotta admit, though…real or fabrications, the Jets stories are getting hits and comments!

26. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 13, 2010 11:47 AM

Again? Are you kidding me Huge Dorkin? I’ve never left and won’t leave because this is as comical as it gets!!!!! And if the shoe fits……..
    You’re right about the Fins not doing anything newsworthy. It’s boring reading about everyone being in camp and a professional team acting professional. But then, I get my REAL news from real news sources and my comedy from a rumor site. Unlike you silly jests fans who get their kicks from here and Hard Knocks (you know, where they feign drama for higher ratings).

27. cunninglinguist says: Aug 13, 2010 1:37 PM

I guess beating up pregnant women passes for acting professional in Florida

28. Hugh Jorgan says: Aug 13, 2010 4:27 PM

…and DUI’s, cunninglinguist. You forgot the DUIs.
    Yeah, they got that covered alright.

29. Hugh Jorgan says: Aug 13, 2010 4:39 PM

Oops..I hit “Submit” too soon:
    The Dolphins stellar offseason:
    2 DUI busts – running back Ronnie Brown; cornerback Will Allen
    2 Battery cases – defensive tackle Tony McDaniel’s (domestic battery); Phillip Merling (aggravated battery of his pregnant girlfriend).
    I admit I swiped these stats from the Bleacher Report. I am only admitting that because I want to quote the last sentence in the article, which is classic:
    “As high and mighty as Executive Vice President of Football Operations Bill Parcells makes himself out to be, last time I checked this offseason’s score read: arrests four, Super Bowls zero.”
    I don’t usually hate on a team, and I don’t hate the Dolphins, but when an ignorant fan spews BS and sour grapes, I can’t help but fire back. Apologies to the other (ie. “normal”) Phins fans.
    So, now, if I give you $20 Koa, will you buy a life?

30. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 13, 2010 5:04 PM

cunninglinguist says:
    August 13, 2010 1:37 PM
    I guess beating up pregnant women passes for acting professional in Florida
    ———————————————
    Try to make your post count. That was during the OFF-SEASON. A lot like your new star WR letting the world know he’s gonna “wake-n-bake”.

31. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 13, 2010 5:08 PM

You idiotic jests fans. Sure, all that happened during the off-season. All your drama is happening during the training camp. Hmmmmm, which one is more detrimental to a team’s success?
    Don’t lie Huey. You hate on all teams except your jests. Oh wait, you told me you weren’t a jest fan but spend your life on this site anyway.
    What you gonna do Huey? How are you going to get $20? Got some lawns to mow?

32. Hugh Jorgan says: Aug 14, 2010 10:34 AM

Koa, offseason arrests don’t count? You’re really reaching. I offered $20 for you to buy a life and stop trolling Jets posts. I feel like I am fighting with my teenager with you. I’m out.
    Good luck this season.

33. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 14, 2010 11:39 AM

—————————————-
    This was the original comment. We were discussing “newsworthy these days” and not four months ago. And why should I give up enjoying humor? Keep your $20 and I’ll keep laughing at the jests and their daily drama.

34. Jetsman80 says: Aug 14, 2010 4:18 PM

We all know
    The phish of MIAMI BLOW
    SIT DOWN
    SHADDUP
    YA MORON !

LMAO

J-E-T-S….ALL YEAR LONG BABY

35. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 14, 2010 10:41 PM

Wow jestman80
    You sound like a real internet tough guy. I’m kind of scared now because you sound so tough. Are you “connected”?

36. Floriosadouchebag says: Aug 17, 2010 10:16 AM

Doesn’t his mom have Alzheimer’s Disease for the last 3 years?