Costas interviews Shanahan on Sunday Night Football

On Sunday night in San Francisco, NBC will be televising a preseason game between the Vikings and the 49ers.  It’s unknown whether quarterback Brett Favre will play.

It is known that halftime of the Vikings-Niners game will feature Bob Costas interviewing Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.

Shanahan returns to the NFL in 2010 after being unexpectedly fired by the Broncos after the 2008 season.  Shanahan’s Redskins host the Cowboys on the first official Sunday night game, on September 12.

Also, 49ers coach Mike Singletary will wear a microphone during the game, and Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison of Football Night in America will visit with Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth in the booth during the second half of the game.

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Washington Redskins
25 Responses to “Costas interviews Shanahan on Sunday Night Football”
  1. Revacard says: Aug 17, 2010 11:51 PM

Kudos to somehow mentioning Favre in this post! Florio is da bomb.

2. Jack Acid says: Aug 17, 2010 11:51 PM

Can’t wait for some new Singletary soundbytes!

3. robert ethen says: Aug 18, 2010 12:02 AM

Shanahan will tell the story of how his ancestors came to this country in the hold of a sailing ship. Back in the days before they had adequate rodent control procedures.

4. RedskinsRT says: Aug 18, 2010 1:00 AM

come on Reva, it actually is somewhat relevant on this one

5. wintermoonrising says: Aug 18, 2010 1:24 AM

Was Shanahan sold into slavery by his own people too? Man, that’s crazy! Why don’t we shove that inconvenient fact under the table and prentend it’s not true just like we do for other government/media approved classes!

6. VoxVagina says: Aug 18, 2010 5:26 AM

It must be bittersweet for Jerry Jones to know that his team is playing against his botox buddy’s team to open the season

7. FireJerryJones says: Aug 18, 2010 7:22 AM

Wow.
    I hope Singletary doesn’t drop an F*Bomb while he’s wired.
    Dungy will have to recommend they fire him too.

8. hazi59 says: Aug 18, 2010 7:33 AM

Singletary mic-ed should leave us some good stuff! Hopefully he keeps his pants on.

9. IndianScalper says: Aug 18, 2010 8:01 AM

All this Tony Dungy talk is ridiculous. If an overweight, donut eating, lip smacking, and unprofessional coach like Rex wants to drop the F-Bomb so be it. Dungy is a lil cry baby and can’t accept the fact that he is soft. Don’t get me wrong, I respect the fact that he won a SB, but come on! We are all adults here, STOP WHINING! Now the latest story is that Dungy wants Goodell to regulate cussing in the NFL. Really?????
    How bout them Cowboys!!

10. Orakpwnd says: Aug 18, 2010 8:07 AM

Costas better work on his color if he’s going to be sitting next to Tanahan.

11. sand0 says: Aug 18, 2010 8:11 AM

I don’t think Favre will play. What with the ankle and that. :)

12. Black QB White RB says: Aug 18, 2010 8:26 AM

Wonder what Shanahan will say, and is it live, or recorded? If recorded, when? What the heck are they gonna talk about? I’m sure I can read about it on PFT.com if I miss it….

13. lurch's nyquil says: Aug 18, 2010 8:52 AM

Can someone please share with me why Shanhan is called a rat. I dont get it.

14. boysroll says: Aug 18, 2010 9:01 AM

lurch..you are a dope. Look at the man’s face and check your apt as I am sure you have many of them running around. Actually, there are two rats in that org…ratahan and the weasel midget owner…LMFAO.

15. Mooch says: Aug 18, 2010 9:02 AM

Will he ask him pointed questions such as:
    1) Why can’t you win anything without a 2,000 yard rusher and a HOF QB?
    2) Why have you been .500 for years now?
    3) How did it feel getting beaten in a battle of wits by Haynesworth?
    PS – “Unexpetadly fired”? Really? He was awful. He deserved to get canned.

16. Mooch says: Aug 18, 2010 9:03 AM

Will he ask him pointed questions such as:
    1) Why can’t you win anything without a 2,000 yard rusher and a HOF QB?
    2) Why have you been .500 for years now?
    3) How did it feel getting beaten in a battle of wits by Haynesworth?
    PS – “Unexpetadly fired”? Really? He was awful. He deserved to get canned.

17. Rhapsody says: Aug 18, 2010 9:12 AM

Report: Mike Singletary has complained about the distraction of turning his mic off while Tony Dungy is lurking.

18. myeaglescantwin says: Aug 18, 2010 9:48 AM

when did Tony Dungy become sucha bitch.
    i hope my vernacular does not offend, . . . .your bitchass

19. Ccoolliinn says: Aug 18, 2010 10:07 AM

Why is Tony Dungy even getting brought up?

20. Chiefs2010 says: Aug 18, 2010 10:16 AM

Bob Costas is an outdated blowhard..
    His interviews are uncomfortble and lame..
    Remember him referring to Chris Collinsworth as Alanis Morriset? Dude’s a tool..

21. mama tried says: Aug 18, 2010 10:27 AM

# robert ethen says: August 18, 2010 12:02 AM
    Awesome ROB!!
    BOB: so how bad are the skins gonna suck this year Mike?
    Shannarat: yeah, I’d trully expect the danskins to be pretty pathetic…. I’d love to finish 8-8 like I have for 5+ yrs in denver, but I jsut don’t see it happening

22. smiley says: Aug 18, 2010 10:45 AM

And he’ll answer:
    1) Why can’t you win anything without a 2,000 yard rusher and a HOF QB? They didn’t win anything without me either
    2) Why have you been .500 for years now? I didn’t coach last year
    3) How did it feel getting beaten in a battle of wits by Haynesworth? There is no battle, I’m a the f***in’ boss
    PS – “Unexpetadly fired”? Really? He was awful. He deserved to get canned – Learn how to spell…oh yeah…Hail beatch!! (he says that too)

23. lurch's nyquil says: Aug 18, 2010 10:49 AM

Boysroll, check my apt? Not sure what that means. I asked a simple question, I thought they called him shanarat for a reason relating to his time in Denver.
    I have told you before, nothing you say is funny. I do not know whats with all the lols and rofls and lmaos. My teenager talks like that.
    For you to lash out in your response could mean only 2 things. Your team look like a peewee squad last week and your getting scared about opening day.
    Hail!

24. wheresrickysanders says: Aug 18, 2010 11:26 AM

I wonder why they’re doing the interview with Shanny instead of Wade Phillips.
    Costas- Coach is troubled/frail/lying wide reciever Dez Bryant going to be ready for week 1 right here on Sunday Night Football?
    Phillips- “mmm.. doughnuts..”

25. robert ethen says: Aug 18, 2010 11:37 AM

Rats are getting sick and tired of the constant Mike Shanahan comparisons.
    “We like a good joke as well as the next rodent”, squeaked a spokesrat, “but this is starting to get personal and ugly.”.