Tarvaris Jackson on Brett Favre: "I really don't care"

Just as Tarvaris Jackson is finishing a long, hot August of sweating through training camp as the Vikings’ starting quarterback, Brett Favre has arrived to take the job back.

But far from being furious about it, Jackson says he’s indifferent to the fact that three of his teammates took the day off practice today to go get Favre.

Honestly, I really don’t care,” Jackson said. “I feel like if my number is called I’ll be ready and I’m going to continue to try and work hard and get better. That’s all I can do. My teammates, that’s their prerogative. I can’t really control that. I’m just going to do my part.”

Permalink 60 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
60 Responses to “Tarvaris Jackson on Brett Favre: "I really don't care"”
  1. BigBear123 says: Aug 17, 2010 6:31 PM

Join the club T Jack. Prolly stopped caring after being asked 100,000 times the past 2 years.

2. Tim_Stead says: Aug 17, 2010 6:32 PM

Michael your commentary is quite lame especially the last sentence. You can’t blame Tavaris for being sick and tired of being strung along with the annual Embarrassing Diva Show.

3. TryTheVeal says: Aug 17, 2010 6:34 PM

He;s like the fat chick in a 3some……oh, you are still here?

4. Rocky70 says: Aug 17, 2010 6:38 PM

Tarvaris doesn’t care …….. And I have some ocean front property in Kansas I would like to sell to him.

5. longrodvanhungendong says: Aug 17, 2010 6:39 PM

What is the previous record on this site for number of Favre blogs in one day? Somebody better get Guinness on the line….

6. SpartaChris says: Aug 17, 2010 6:39 PM

This is the kind of crap Fraud wanted the Packers to do to Aaron Rodgers. Fortunately they opted to cut their losses and move on.

7. poonhok says: Aug 17, 2010 6:40 PM

If Jackson were a good QB, there would be no “Diva Show”…

8. Gravy Makes Sconnies Fat says: Aug 17, 2010 6:40 PM

mds is right, tjack saying “i really don’t care” about favre coming back is a coping mechanism, just like packer fans “i’m glad” favre is coming back is a coping mechanism. neither one can do anything about it so they might as well pretend they’re not upset.

9. Gravy Makes Sconnies Fat says: Aug 17, 2010 6:41 PM

packer fans saying “i’m glad ted thompson won’t spend on free agents” is also a coping mechanism and so is packer fans saying “i’m glad i just smashed my finger with a hammer”.

10. FinFan68 says: Aug 17, 2010 6:42 PM

“If he actually doesn’t care whether or not he’s the Vikings’ starting quarterback, well, it’s a good thing for the Vikings that he isn’t
    Absolutely true

11. Jim Birt says: Aug 17, 2010 6:42 PM

I think he is kind of relieved that he wont lead that to a 5 -11 record

12. Kyle H says: Aug 17, 2010 6:45 PM

Mike,
    What is he supposed to say?
    Your last comment was a pretty cheap shot.
    I think the Vikings are a playoff team either way. I am happy Favre came back, however we win the NFC North with or without him.

13. DOCGREENE says: Aug 17, 2010 6:47 PM

The Vikings are totally kissing Favre’s ass. It’s embarrassing. I bet the Steelers or Cowboys Organizations would never do that. Tarvaris Jackson is getting screwed over big time.

14. Heinekenfun says: Aug 17, 2010 6:49 PM

Of course he doesn’t care. With Favre back in charge.., it’s one more season of collecting paychecks without anyone finding out how bad he sucks.
    I assure everyone, that the last thing Tavaris wants, is to get the starting job. He’s riding this NFL gravy train as far as it takes him.

15. OpinionsNAholes says: Aug 17, 2010 6:50 PM

Hey Jackwagon,
    Your conclusion to your article is idiotic! He’s probably sick and tired of the situation and being nice about it. If I was him I would have demanded a release or trade out of that nut-swingin’ circus long ago. Yeah, he’s the bad guy with the screwed up attitude, right. I hope Farve gets his clock cleaned.

16. Old School says: Aug 17, 2010 6:51 PM

How nice to be thrown under the bus by your teammates. The team is full of low lifes.

17. YourJustJealous says: Aug 17, 2010 6:51 PM

Lord Favre is back in the house, so know your role T. “aint” Jack.
    Get ready to assume your rightful duties as Lord Favre’s lackey, gopher, flunky. When duty calls get out your shoeshine box, get to polishing the King’ cleats, then take your appropriate position………..on the bench.

18. MikeFailorio says: Aug 17, 2010 6:53 PM

i agree mike you totally took it the wrong way how can you expect him to speak his mind and start a shit storm that you media guys will never let die please stop leaving bonehead commentary

19. Livinginclip says: Aug 17, 2010 6:54 PM

Lame article is lame.
    Seriously tho’ , what else can Jackson say? He got thrown under the bus when they paid Sage to warm the bench. Then they go get Farve, let him sit out training camp. Turn around , offer Farve more money to come back, three teammates go get him and they welcome him back. In the meantime, Jackson has been busting his butt in the August heat with training camp. And for what? To sit back on the bench. The Viking organization is a joke and if anything, I gained respect for Jackson and how he keeps handling it like a professional

20. rom661 says: Aug 17, 2010 7:02 PM

I totally agree with Tim. The guy is trying hard to be a team player and not tell Favre where to stick it. Your last sentence was way off base.

21. LewD says: Aug 17, 2010 7:04 PM

he’s second in command, realizes his position and is preparing to assume the leadership role if/when called upon to do so …
    how does that make this professional unfit to be the leader? he can only control what he can control and be responsible for his own actions …
    that was a cheap shot you took at a man in a very awkward position …

22. Dragonfly9 says: Aug 17, 2010 7:07 PM

Dude. Get a backbone. You must have some pride.

23. BUSTER says: Aug 17, 2010 7:09 PM

T. Jack can’t hold Favre’s jock strap…. If he was any good he would be given the job and there would be no more “Diva Show”. When Farve pulled this act in Green Bay he was shown the door and the job was given to A. Rodgers. The Packers knew Rodgers was an NFL QB. The Vikings know T. Jack is an Arena league QB. That is why this show goes on with in Vikings.

24. YourJustJealous says: Aug 17, 2010 7:10 PM

@Bordner
    when was the last time your Packers won a Super Bowl???
    Who was the QB of that winning team?

25. 49er Man says: Aug 17, 2010 7:14 PM

All Jackson can do is control his part and let everything else go.

26. KingJoe! says: Aug 17, 2010 7:15 PM

I feel for the guy, but inreality if he is not good enough to take the job than so be it. You don’t play in the NFL because you are a good guy. If Farve gets injured this become TJ’s team.

27. StevieMo says: Aug 17, 2010 7:25 PM

It’s like getting your girlfriend all hot and bothered and ready for sex and then some old asshole comes in and bangs her.

28. justin says: Aug 17, 2010 7:26 PM

i feel sorry for t jack , but tjack isnt gonna be the starter next yr either probably , he will be a back up to Joe Webb cuz u kno Webb will be getting all his learning from Favre , so imagine a QB that can run and has Favre like ability just hope he does learn how to throw ints

29. Jack Acid says: Aug 17, 2010 7:30 PM

What an embarrassment to Rosenfels and Jackson. I mean, really?
    It’s basically utter bullshit on the part of the Vikings to give Favre such preferential treatment and kick their QBs in the teeth when he decides he’s going to play (in mid August).

30. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says: Aug 17, 2010 7:46 PM

What the hell is this kid supposed to say?

31. Blackn'Gold says: Aug 17, 2010 7:48 PM

“As The Farve Turns”
    “Honestly, I really don’t care,” Jackson said.
    That’s the funniest quote I’ve read here. He’s speaking for the majority of fans in the NFL! Once Lord Farve returns perhaps he can share some of his football wisdom with Tavares. That is probably the best that could that could happen to T.J..
    GO STEELERS!

32. joetoronto says: Aug 17, 2010 7:51 PM

Seriously, the Vikings don’t stand a chance with Jackson.
    They definitely do with Farve though, like it or not.

33. 1nfcnorth1 says: Aug 17, 2010 8:16 PM

“he would be better served playing elsewhere” he wouldn’t make the practise squad of any other team!

34. apage53915 says: Aug 17, 2010 8:16 PM

I officially have become a Viking hater at this point,
    the guy is busting his butt at practice and the prima donna shows up and this guy does not take a side. Wow.

35. alewatcher says: Aug 17, 2010 8:33 PM

“We’ll give Jackson the benefit of the doubt and assume that claiming not to care is a coping mechanism. If he actually doesn’t care whether or not he’s the Vikings’ starting quarterback, well, it’s a good thing for the Vikings that he isn’t.”
    ——————————–
    What the hell is he supposed to say? Do you think T J would be better off letting go with an expletive filled rant about what a giant douchbag Favre is? He’s taking the high road, and saying what he’s supposed to say. It totally sucks that the Vikings keep letting Favre yank them around like this, but that’s on the Viking front office.

36. Murgen says: Aug 17, 2010 8:46 PM

Stay Classy Vikings Organization. Throw T.Jack under the bus…..again. T. Jack should be made to wear a Farve mask during training camp. LOL. He was just a placeholder for the old Farvt anyway.

37. edgy1957 says: Aug 17, 2010 8:52 PM

He can open up his mouth and complain and everyone can use it against him or he can be a good soldier. Unfortunately, with PFT, he’s damned if he does and he’s damned if he doesn’t.

38. db3300 says: Aug 17, 2010 8:53 PM

“The Vikings know T. Jack is an Arena league QB.”
    Second rate player and second rate organization. Both are being held hostage by a guy who has a good chance to be on IR by game 8. I don’t care what Favre has done in the past. He’s still 40 years old and won’t be effective. Last year was an aberration and the NFC championship meltdown is closer to how he normally plays.
    That being said, Jackson would still draw enough interest to at least be a backup QB and the Vikings will be recovering from the Favre letdown for years to come.

39. dEV says: Aug 17, 2010 9:00 PM

I took the “I don’t care” statement to be in reference to his three teammates taking the day off. He follows it up by saying:
    “My teammates, that’s their prerogative. I can’t really control that. I’m just going to do my part.”
    He’s not going to serve himself or anyone by bitching about Favre’s return; people would probably call him a cry-baby if he did. Likewise, he’s not going to accomplish anything by complaining about his teammates not being there.
    What’s wrong with saying, basically, “He’s not here, and they’re not here. I’m here, and I’m working, and I’m going to be ready when my number’s called”? ‘Cause that’s how I took it.

40. Tinbender says: Aug 17, 2010 9:04 PM

T. Jack has a pretty good gig here. He gets paid well, and doesn’t get beat up for a whole season. When the all mighty Farve finally does retire T.Jack will still have a young mans body and years of getting paid. Sounds like a pretty cush job to me.

41. Puddin'Taine says: Aug 17, 2010 9:17 PM

-”SpartaChris says: August 17, 2010 6:39 PM
    I’m not high on Tarvaris, but I think he’d be better served playing elsewhere. This whole situation is really quite unfair to him, and frankly, I wouldn’t want to play QB for the Vikings if Fraud was even a remote possibility of being on the roster. “-
    ______________________________________
    Umm.. It’s not like TJ has a choice this year. We (vikes) had him up on the block for a 3rd or 4th and NOT ONE TEAM even nibbled a little. So maybe it’s up to him to try and raise his own value a bit during off season, OTA’s, Spring Training and PreSeason. Maybe once he shows that he can mentally grasp the concept of NFL QB then he’ll be able to say a little more. Until then, it’s best he just keep his mouth shut and continue to be the only NFL player currently getting paid millions for “Trying Hard” and “continuing to try and get better” 5 years in a row.haha.

42. VikingFan10 says: Aug 17, 2010 9:26 PM

Travis Jackoff says he could care less…… Anyone want to bet he’s a lying mothafukka?

43. PATK12 says: Aug 17, 2010 9:27 PM

TJ is just saying he doesn’t care that the players went to go get Favre. He doesn’t say anything about whether he cares about being the starter.

44. Puddin'Taine says: Aug 17, 2010 9:28 PM

-”# Old School says: August 17, 2010 6:51 PM
    When BrINT ends up in the hospital after a couple games, TJack should say he has a hammy.”-
    ______________________________________
    IF Favre gets injured, do you have any idea how HAPPY Mn Fans would be if TJ Claimed a “Hammy” and we could go with Sage instead?. TJ is High School level QB. I don’t know anyone in MN who can give a valid understandable reason as to why TJ is the #2. We even tried to get rid of him for 4th rounder with a 3rd tender and not one of the 31 teams even called.

45. PATK12 says: Aug 17, 2010 9:31 PM

TJ is saying that he doesn’t care that the players went to go get Brent. He didn’t say anything about not wanting the starting job.

46. TheToolofTools says: Aug 17, 2010 9:33 PM

Hell I wouldn’t care either if I were him.
    He’ll get plenty of reps once Favre is carted off on a stretcher having pressed his luck on one too many plays.
    Favre needs to cash out before being cashed out.
    Nothing good is going to happen when he ends up on a ventilator except Jackson will get playing time then.

47. IAVikefan says: Aug 17, 2010 9:36 PM

Here’s a thought- if Jackson would have spent the past 5 years developing into a NFL starting caliber quarterback instead of the turd he is, we wouldn’t be having this conversation!!! F**K JACKSON.

48. ravens suck says: Aug 17, 2010 10:09 PM

Laces out Brett!!

49. sportsfan7337 says: Aug 17, 2010 10:14 PM

@YourJustJealous
    when was the last time your Packers won a Super Bowl???
    Who was the QB of that winning team?
    —————————————————————-
    When was the last time the vikings won a Super Bowl???
    Oh yeah…..
    That’s right…..
    Nuff Said………….

50. tobago says: Aug 17, 2010 10:14 PM

i know it blasphemy to say it, but that makes two of us, Jackson

51. ftomeo says: Aug 17, 2010 10:26 PM

A CLUE for PFT: a story is probably going to be more interesting if you presume that the speaker is not speaking literally, at face value.
    Every dumb story you post is, 8 out of 10 times, the result of you taking someone’s words 100% literally when there may be ulterior motive, irony, sarcasm, politics, rules, and emotions at play or preventing them from saying what they are truly saying just beneath the service.
    This rote he-said-this-and-that’s-stupid bit is really stupid.

52. fireman50 says: Aug 17, 2010 10:40 PM

Why don’t you give T-Jack a chance, He is at least the best Back up in the League, I dont give a F@#K what Sage did against the Rams third stringers the other night. Wether you Jack ass fair weather Viking fans want to admit it or not, T-Jack will be the starter after Favre retires and you can just sit there and hope Jackson doesn’t pan out in his final try after Favre. But if you want him to suck and he shows you up in a year, eat your bull Sh%t pessimisim and watch what Jackson learned after sitting behind Favre fot the last two years. Give the Kid a break. GO VIKES!!!

53. FireJerryJones says: Aug 17, 2010 10:43 PM

Can’t beat a 41 year old for a starting job. What’s he supposed to say?

54. Tjackfan says: Aug 17, 2010 10:51 PM

@IAVikefan.
    Get a legitimate state and then get a team of your own. Tarvaris Jackson, as usual, has handled himself with the utmost respect and class. If you had been reading the articles leading to this point, he blames no one but himself for being in this position. He just had the rug yanked from beneath him, yet again, get you hand out of your sister’s pants and give the man some credit.

55. robert ethen says: Aug 17, 2010 11:59 PM

I don’t see why Tarvaris “Trivia Question” Jackson would complain. Brett coming back keeps extending his own career. If Jackson ever has to go out on the field and play he’ll be out of the league two weeks later.

56. raideralex99 says: Aug 18, 2010 1:20 AM

Tarvaris who?
    You have to ask yourself … why nobody wants him … hell even the Raiders didn’t ask about him and they had JaMarcus … ouch. Jackson is not a NFL QB … he had his shot and the coaching staff knows along with the other NFL teams he’s not going to get the job done.

57. sacdaddy says: Aug 18, 2010 8:22 AM

I can’t even understand why this guy is still in the league.

58. Greg from Louisiana says: Aug 18, 2010 8:37 AM

If I am Childress, I cut bait with Jackson this year. Joe Webb showed more ability in one series than I have seen from Jackson in 5 years…….and he can talk too.
    The Vikings would be foolish to keep 4 QB’s and they don’t have a prayer of slipping Joe Webb thru waivers so there is one man out. Jackson deserves the honor of getting cut especially with the performance of Rosenfels in the first preseason game.
    It was clear that Jackson ceased to be anything but a backup at best when the Vikings picked up Rosenfels and coaxed Favre onto the team.

59. texasPHINSfan says: Aug 18, 2010 12:14 PM

Reading comprehension > MDS
    Tarvaris said he doesn’t care about the teammates leaving practice to go get favre, not about possibly being the starting QB.
    Frankly I can understand Jackson’s frustration here. He gets asked 100 times a day about Favre; would YOU care?

60. RagnarTheBloodAxe says: Aug 18, 2010 12:57 PM

TJoke clearly doesn’t care whether he’s the Vikings starting QB. One needs to look no further back then when the Vikings signed Rosenfels for evidence to prove it.
    Sage Rosenfels spent the entire off-season working with the Vikings QB coach to get up to speed and master the offense. He worked xtra hard every day to earn the job, and the whole time Jackson was nowhere to be found, until he had to show up to camp. Since then Sage has outplayed Jackson in every way possible, yet TJoke still only does the bare minimum.
    Frankly, I’m a bit disgusted that the Minnesota media seems so enamored with Jackson that they havn’t run a single story on this rather obvious issue.