Just in case you wanted more Brett Favre

Every once in a while I remind myself that not everyone gets to watch television at work.  (My wife also has to remind me to wear pants while I work, but that’s a different matter.)

So in case you missed today’s Brett Favre press conference preview, extravaganza live chat, or recap, we’ve put together a few video clips the proceedings.

First, Favre announces his retirement immediately after un-retiring. A nice touch.

For our second act, Favre talks about being a has been.  This was a light moment during a press conference in which Favre seemed oddly miserable.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
28 Responses to “Just in case you wanted more Brett Favre”
  1. PurpleNGold says: Aug 18, 2010 7:25 PM

whatever, as long as he’s QB

2. PurpleNGold says: Aug 18, 2010 7:29 PM

whatever, as long as he’s QB

3. THE Tool says: Aug 18, 2010 7:31 PM

Maybe you could research Hugh Hefner’s work from home wardrobe, thereby saving us from traumatizing mental pictures of just what lies below table level on your daily segments.

4. superb owl says: Aug 18, 2010 7:37 PM

wtmi

5. Love_Boat_Scandal says: Aug 18, 2010 7:40 PM

Favre will have a terrible season.

6. Santonio'sBluntWrap says: Aug 18, 2010 8:02 PM

Brett Favre news sucks, but I clicked the link, so I’ll shut up about that.
    When I put aside the disgust for the media attention this grabs, I really feel sorry for Brett. He really, REALLY loves this game, and he can’t let it go. He still plays at an acceptable level, and he’s well practiced at putting the pain away. For these reasons, he’ll come back. I don’t care who you are, that kind of dedication is inspiring.
    I really hope he doesn’t mess the bed this season, because it would really ruin an otherwise great tale of a guy who loved football more than his own health.
    Going out with a Super Bowl would be a Hollywood ending, for sure. Getting knocked the fk out in week 2, not so much…
    Yes…week 2…GO FINS!

7. robert ethen says: Aug 18, 2010 8:50 PM

“Put your pants on Greg, you know how it gives me the giggles when I look at it”.

8. robert ethen says: Aug 18, 2010 9:10 PM

Well, if Favre “retired” at any point this year, you were the only one to hear the announcement. Just to keep the record straight.

9. nutnbutnet says: Aug 18, 2010 9:30 PM

Brett mentions the possibility of the Vikings being dismantled after this year. Nice touch.
    A little bouquet for the fans.
    I think they could get dismantled a lot sooner than that. 9/9/10

10. Spokes says: Aug 18, 2010 9:32 PM

Best screen grab in PFT history.

11. TheGhostofBernieKosar says: Aug 18, 2010 9:46 PM

i don’t care about brett favre so much that i commented about it.

12. CanadianVikingFan says: Aug 18, 2010 9:47 PM

Aaron Rodgers prefers to play hackey-sac over football.

13. DailyNorseman says: Aug 18, 2010 10:07 PM

“Favre will have a terrible season.”
    I’ll assume that you just did a copy-and-paste from last year’s archives on this one.
    You’ll be wrong this time, too.

14. RC IV says: Aug 18, 2010 10:18 PM

Love_Boat_Scandal says:
    August 18, 2010 7:40 PM
    Favre will have a terrible season.
    =========================
    Keep wishing and praying for that.
    You’ve had a terrible life.
    No one would blame you if you ended it.
    If you need a Kervorkian, I’m your huckleberry.

15. whodaywhodat says: Aug 18, 2010 10:20 PM

I apologize to all non-queen fans for kicking their ass. If we were to lose and the Vikes win the SB, Favre would be gone and we would have all been saved this “will I or won’t I” BS! Having said that……can’t say I like Bears, Jets or even Pack fans, but I can’t stand the cocky ass Queen fans. Can’t wait to hand it to your ass…..AGAIN!
    TWO DAT!!!

16. PurpleRaid12 says: Aug 18, 2010 10:52 PM

you’re married?

17. schlicht1 says: Aug 18, 2010 10:55 PM

I LOVE BRETT FARVE!

18. mike101 says: Aug 18, 2010 10:57 PM

On Brett Favre’s worst day, he is better at his job than Mike Florio on his best media whore day. end of story.

19. acers says: Aug 18, 2010 11:09 PM

whodaywhodat says:
    August 18, 2010 10:20 PM
    TWO DAT!!!
    Yo Whoda…yoda….whatever….time for your medicine young man. You sound delusional.
    Reality was the Vikes kicked the crap out of the saints in every category……including fumbles…..and penalties not called…hey no prob……the league gave the bleeding hearts the Katrina bowl to you and your not so clean city. No prob……new year, new result. Your saints were a one hit and league wonder…
    The Vikes…DAT WhO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. iver74 says: Aug 18, 2010 11:14 PM

Yo, bossman, Florio, don’t make us watch these commercials again and again just because the hampsters here can’t keep up. This is ridiculous. Now I’m have to support some f’ing vikings sponsor. Just what I want to do, but of course, I’m going to watch the hole thing again, and again, and again.
    Just like Kevin Greene’s first interview as a non-intern coach.

21. iver74 says: Aug 18, 2010 11:51 PM

at the 19:48 min mark Lord Favre references the Giants loss as a loss for the Viking organization, and he does not correct himself….blah..blah…

22. Dial-A-Cliche says: Aug 18, 2010 11:54 PM

Love_Boat_Scandal says:
    “Favre will have a terrible season”.
    ____________________
    Except for the two games against the Packers…

23. Kay Bee says: Aug 19, 2010 12:21 AM

LOL @ Vikes fans calling anyone a one hit wonder when their franchise has ZERO hits. Pathetic.

24. PackerJerry says: Aug 19, 2010 1:18 AM

I think it’s safe to say that when Brett wore Green & Gold, most Wisconsinites regarded themselves as Packers fans first, Favre fans second — thus the booing when he wore purple at Lambeau last season. But regardless of all of the hullabaloo over the past couple of years I am confident Green Bay fans will once again welcome home their MVP 5-years after the day he actually does retire. I know I will.
    Time heals.
    But then again, you still can’t help but poke fun at the guy. You gotta check out this post from two weeks ago during his last retirement: http://tinyurl.com/25dix7q

25. AcidSoda says: Aug 19, 2010 1:47 AM

@whodaywho
    TWO DAT!!!
    ————————–
    and yet, you sound so lovable in contrast.

26. whodaywhodat says: Aug 19, 2010 8:49 AM

# acers says: August 18, 2010 11:09 PM
    Reality was the Vikes kicked the crap out of the saints in every category……includ ing fumbles…..and penalties not called…hey no prob……the league gave the bleeding hearts the Katrina bowl to you and your not so clean city. No prob……new year, new result. Your saints were a one hit and league wonder…
    ====================================
    I guess I would rather be a “one hit wonder” then a…..??? “No hit wonder?”–>If that’s what you would call your Queens.
    AcidSoda,
    Damn right everyone loves me.

27. Contra says: Aug 19, 2010 12:24 PM

Kay Bee says:
    August 19, 2010 12:21 AM
    ———-
    did you just write LOL? what are you, 10?

28. Kay Bee says: Aug 19, 2010 1:04 PM

Contra, I wrote the truth…and you can’t dispute it. The Vikings are a mess. “LOL”