Beanie Wells hates the 49ers

Like someone born into any rivalry, Cardinals running back Beanie Wells isn’t exactly sure why he hates a certain opponent more than the rest.  Just that he does.

“To be quite honest, I hate the 49ers,” Wells said to KTAR’s Doug and Wolf on Friday.  “I have no clue, once I got here and put on this Cardinal uniform it was
like instant hate for the 49ers
. I’m looking forward to
playing them this year and getting after it.”

It’s not exactly Vikings-Packers or even Patriots-Colts, but it’s good to see some passion in the NFC West, arguably the worst division in football for five years running.  (Darnell Dockett and Vernon Davis have also done their best to hype up the rivalry.)

Cardinals-49ers will take on a different feel this year with Kurt Warner gone, which isn’t such a bad thing for Arizona.  The 49ers swept the series last year.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
32 Responses to “Beanie Wells hates the 49ers”
  1. In & Out Burger says: Aug 20, 2010 7:09 PM

In response Patrick Willis said: Which one is that? The one with the stupid name? Or the one with the hair?

2. servegmo says: Aug 20, 2010 7:14 PM

jajajaja had to put here to, he should hate Dashon Goldson aka @TheHawck38 for hitting him so hard that he just had to fumble the ball on MNF… Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Dashon Goldson, Nate Clemments and Shawntae Spencer own the Arizona Cardinals…

3. hendeeze says: Aug 20, 2010 7:20 PM

Even when the niners were 2-14 they managed to sweep the cardinals, Even when the cardinals had a Hall of Fame QB the niners swept the cardinals. Now they have a gimp WR, a useless QB, unproven RB, and a questionable defense. Yea If I were you Beanie I would be concerned too. Not sure if giving P-Willy and co more reason to destroy the cardinals is neccessary, but I’m sure they will take it.

4. txtumbleweed says: Aug 20, 2010 7:22 PM

They are who we thought they were, the same ol crappy Cardinals. It will be another 30 years before they win the division again!
    Go Niners! 6-0 in the Superbowl is our goal!

5. csulb49er says: Aug 20, 2010 7:33 PM

He hates the 49ers because he is owned by the 49ers. Pretty simple.

6. shehawks + retardnals says: Aug 20, 2010 7:39 PM

Arizona has a football team and a running back named Beanie? Who knew!!!

7. Canyonero says: Aug 20, 2010 7:48 PM

That’s funny because Beanie’s quarterback seems to hate the Cardinals

8. 49ersrevenge says: Aug 20, 2010 7:53 PM

“Mediocre Cardinals running back hates 49ers” is a better headline. Who cares what Beanie Wells thinks? Prove your worth being a starting NFL running back before running your mouth.

9. Kay Bee says: Aug 20, 2010 8:05 PM

In & Out Burger says:
    August 20, 2010 7:09 PM
    ————————————————–
    That’s funny stuff!

10. JLongshore says: Aug 20, 2010 8:08 PM

I don’t blame Wells for hating the niners. I’d hate the bully that kept beating my a** too.

11. pooterqb says: Aug 20, 2010 8:12 PM

I am sitting here reading all of you 49’er lovers and just laughing my AZZ off. Back to back NFC West Champion Cardinals will win it again. LOL what Sore losers 49er fans. “Oh, we swept the Cardinals” and you sucked!!!! You may have won super bowls in the past but what have you done lately? Alex Smith would not make the Cards roster! LOL Position to position Cards have you beat (all but Vernon Davis) everyone else. Crabtree is NOT Larry Fitzgerald! Gimp receiver someone said, LOL. Makes me laugh. Did you make the playoffs? Oh ya, ya didn’t. Sorry! Now your players are quitting on you. Coffee? Where did he go? Come to AZ if you want to see a playoff game this year! I have season tix.

12. BigSuede says: Aug 20, 2010 8:13 PM

The niners used to have a great rivalry with the rams…. It’s rough not having an LA team

13. pooterqb says: Aug 20, 2010 8:13 PM

14. pooterqb says: Aug 20, 2010 8:14 PM

15. Sinister79 says: Aug 20, 2010 8:26 PM

Niners have not done shit in a long time, but the Cardinals have never done anything. If your claim to fame is winning a weak division twice and losing a superbowl, then I feel sorry for you.

16. In & Out Burger says: Aug 20, 2010 8:47 PM

@pooterqb
    Position to position? Lets analyze:
    QB: Smith vs. Lienart – I think we can safely say this is a toss up. They both suck.
    RB: Gore vs. Wells/Hightower – 49ers clearly
    FB: Is it still Krieder? I will say draw cause I don’t trust Norris.
    TE: No need to delve into this one.
    WR: Clearly Cards win here
    K: who cares, but probably Niners.
    P: who cares but Niners for sure
    O-line: Not assuming the rookies play great the Cards, but it isn’t a blow away.
    D-Line: Niners top to bottom.
    LBs: Niners by a lot
    CBs: Cards easily
    Safety: Niners.
    So thats 7 positions for the 49ers and 3 for the Cards.
    I think that entire logic is stupid but if you want to play that game, Niners win. If you feel I am being biased please challenge me with facts.

17. tatum32 says: Aug 20, 2010 9:29 PM

# txtumbleweed says: August 20, 2010 7:22 PM
    Go Niners! 6-0 in the Superbowl is our goal!
    ==============================
    those days are LONG gone….I’d be more concerned with Alex Smith as your franchise QB

18. gaels1997 says: Aug 20, 2010 10:01 PM

Haha go ahead and keep your playoff tickets Cardinals fans..but if your up to traveling feel free to visit Santa Clara and see what 5 super bowl trophies look like…..keep having your nobodys give bulletin board material

19. darrius_heyward-bey-butterfingers says: Aug 20, 2010 10:03 PM

So the Cardinals are 6 time champs??? I’m confused, what was it the Cardinals have done?

20. BRICKILLIN says: Aug 20, 2010 10:16 PM

I would hate the 49ers to if we got destroyed on MNF go 9ers haha

21. lilmidas50 says: Aug 20, 2010 11:06 PM

why dog the nfc west so bad i know they aren’t the best but the afc west is the WORST ! by FAR!

22. windex666 says: Aug 20, 2010 11:07 PM

I know why I hate Beanie Wells, it’s because of his stupid name.

23. sfout says: Aug 20, 2010 11:33 PM

If I must remind everyone, the niners would’ve won our division if the cardinals had lost their final game, and if I’m not mistaken it wouldn’t have matter if we had beaten the seahawks or not. Let us also examine a few games from last season.
    Week 1 – 9ers 20 – cards 16
    Key stat: K.Warner 288 yards — what will happen without him this year?
    Week 3 – 9ers 24 vikes 27
    key stat: everyone agreed we got favre’d and I personally believe that the vikes receiver wasn’t in bounds when he landed but I will agree that 9ers safety was a fool for playing for the ball.
    Week 3 colts 31 cards 10
    key stat: manning 379 yards. The cards secondary has only gotten worse since last year
    A common opponent: They both narrowly lost to houston, however that was alex’s debut half and he clearly would have won if he had started.
    The 9ers got blown out by the falcons
    and the cards got beat pretty convincingly by the panthers around this time too.
    Another common opponent: The cards kinda manhandled the bears 41-21 but cutler threw for 369 yards(probably a few picks too, lol)
    9ers 10 bears 6 Our defense manhandled the bears offense with 5 picks and a fumbler or 2 if not mistaken. Our offense couldn’t get going but gore ran for 120 yards
    Common opponent: Packers
    9ers 24 packers 30: shooting duel in which we traded the lead but ultimately lost
    parkers 33 cards 10: they rested warner but seriously I doubt this game would’ve been much different even with a HOF QB
    Sure they beat the pack in a shooting duel a week or 2 later but they each had that time to study the game film.
    If you add it up. I think a returning Offensive Coordinator and Alex being healthy to Crabtree getting comfortable, V. Davis coming off a probowl year, Our backfield changes, Our offensive line changes, Our defense only got better with our off season as well.
    The cards lost their HOF QB, Fitzgerald sprained his knee, Leinart is the starting QB, Anquan Boldin left, Karlos Dansby left, antrel rolle left. they signed dan williams though…..thats kinda it oh and Derek Anderson……
    Thanks to anyone who gets to see this and actually read this far. I think that both teams have fairly tough schedules so based on last seasons scores, off season production and transactions I have to as non-bias as possible say the 9ers have an edge.

24. sfout says: Aug 20, 2010 11:35 PM

# tatum32 says: August 20, 2010 9:29 PM
    # txtumbleweed says: August 20, 2010 7:22 PM
    Go Niners! 6-0 in the Superbowl is our goal!
    ================= =============
    —————————————–
    I’d be more concered with Matt Leinart, Derek Anderson, or Max Hall as your franchise QBs — Skeleton is the cards only hope for a future….

25. LarryFitzgerald4MVP says: Aug 20, 2010 11:53 PM

I love when 49ers fans like hendeeze skew facts to make it look like the niners own the cardinals.
    The Cardinals swept the niners in 08, and 06. The teams have traded sweeps the last 4 years, so you can quit acting like the niners have something over the cardinals.

26. azredbird4 says: Aug 21, 2010 9:49 AM

yeah that “bad division has had the NFC rep in the Super Bowl 2 of the last 5 years…that “bad division” is where you will find the team with the MOST PLAYOFF VICTORIES ( 4 ) than any team in the NFL in the past two years

27. NinerDynasty says: Aug 21, 2010 1:16 PM

# azredbird4 says: August 21, 2010 9:49 AM
    —————————————————–
    What good is that if you dont have a lombardi.

28. sfout says: Aug 21, 2010 2:11 PM

it would make no sense to bring up anything older then last year because both teams are so new……I think the cards are good. We need a rival in our division like steelers/ravens to help get our division back on track. but really it just looks dumb to say the cards will make it out to the playoffs with all their changes

29. lieutenant Dan's Ice Cream says: Aug 21, 2010 4:22 PM

I dont really hate the 9ers, just their ignorant fan base.
    Nothing good has ever come out of Cali. Any state that tries to burn itself down a billion times a year is bound to suck.

30. In & Out Burger says: Aug 21, 2010 6:50 PM

@lieutenant Dan’s Ice Cream
    Yeah keep spreading that rumor that California is awful. We would like to keep all the poor people out.

31. RickS4o8 says: Aug 22, 2010 1:12 AM

um matt leinhart was a freakin girl on Punked coming out of college quick to sell people out p*ss* its like come on now. The QB is suppose to have some what of a back bone. Alex has struggled but still sees the field for pt. Matty couldnt even buy his way on to 1 starting roster in the NFL. The Cards are suppose to win the west again this year ummm not. Cardinals have been good in drafting past couple years but those players who were drafted and helped contribute to wins are gone. times have changed they built the best they EVER could and wont be able to get a VICTORY in a SB. Lets see how Fits reacts knowing he has shi**y qbs and no pro bowl receiver to compliment him and a mediocre line with sub par average rb’s. Its gonna be a fun year in the west.

32. Boca1Niner says: Aug 28, 2010 6:30 PM

Hey Beanie here’s a highlight video for you and it shows why you hate the Niners. Check it out in HD at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeY4HrJqPW0.