Broncos get major dose of good injury news

Four Broncos starters and a first-round pick returned from injuries to participate in a full-padded practice on Tuesday and that wasn’t even the team’s best injury news of the day.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels announced that Pro Bowl tackle Ryan Clady will return to practice on Wednesday, in addition to LenDale White.  (We’ll let you figure out which return is more significant.)  Clady is coming back from a torn patella tendon, and his quick recovery is almost unprecedented as far as we know.

His return to practice will mean that he’s no longer eligible to be placed on the PUP list to open the season.  McDaniels was already giddy over getting running back Correll Buckhalter, cornerback
Champ Bailey, guard Chris Kuper, wideout Demaryius
Thomas and linebacker D.J. Williams back on Tuesday.

“Feels good to get a few more of those guys
out there and actually start practicing together a little bit and
getting ready for the year,” McDaniels said.

Permalink 27 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
27 Responses to “Broncos get major dose of good injury news”
  1. Tinbender says: Aug 24, 2010 4:43 PM

When I read the headline I thought McDaniels was injured and couldn’t coach for the year.

2. robert ethen says: Aug 24, 2010 4:52 PM

Don’t disrespect LenDale. I say he makes the team and makes a contribution. He’s a homeboy now.

3. BostonISaChraphole says: Aug 24, 2010 4:56 PM

2-14

4. csloan99 says: Aug 24, 2010 5:00 PM

What the hell happened to the Akin Ayodele post? I wasn’t done making fun of him and looks like it has been deleted!

5. TampaBayBucs7-9 says: Aug 24, 2010 5:04 PM

Awesome, very refreshing to read a story about the Broncos and not hear about TT.

6. FinFan68 says: Aug 24, 2010 5:09 PM

Like Lendal deserves any respect. He may be able to eventually contribute but that doe not make him any less of a turd

7. mama tried says: Aug 24, 2010 5:15 PM

# Tinbender says: August 24, 2010 4:43 PM
    Simply marvelous Tin!!!

8. NYCharger says: Aug 24, 2010 5:19 PM

“If LenDale ….makes a contribution” The only thing he is good for is to be one of 11 on the field to avoid a penalty. If he plays, then this team will be even worse than we all thought.

9. BenRapistberger says: Aug 24, 2010 5:23 PM

10. harloeisdead says: Aug 24, 2010 5:26 PM

LenFail amirite?

11. BRUTUS9448 says: Aug 24, 2010 5:34 PM

Macdueche will be a position coach in NFL by 2012

12. dare2bme says: Aug 24, 2010 5:54 PM

Do you know my favorite pft poster? It’s people like NYCharger. Obviously a Dolts fan and unfamiliar with the rules of football.
    There is no penalty for too few players on the field.
    Wait, is this Travis Henry posting? Sorry dude. You didn’t need to have all those kids to make a team. 10 would have been fine. That way you wouldn’t have had to make 2 with the same woman…I know, it sucks.

13. BoltsFan says: Aug 24, 2010 5:57 PM

I’m a Bolts fan, but I really feel for the Donkeys given all the injuries they have had. If you’re gonna get your ass handed to you on a platter, you at least want it to happen knowing that you were able to compete at something close to full strength.

14. rx says: Aug 24, 2010 6:11 PM

Their best offensive player came back today. His name is Ryan Clady. Its so funny how many people hate on this team when they know nothing about them. All good though, rather have low expectations than high.

15. Moe Lester says: Aug 24, 2010 6:19 PM

“Too bad the best offensive player (Knowshon Moreno) and the best defensive player (Elvis Dumervil) on the team are both still hurt. And one of them isn’t coming back at all this year.”
    Are you serious? What has Moreno ever done? he is the biggest p**sy i have seen in the NFL in a long time. The guy is literally made of glass.

16. NYCharger says: Aug 24, 2010 6:34 PM

dare2bme
    Nice try but you don’t understand the penalty joke. Why don’t you try and think about what I said. Thinkkkkk!!!
    Just like you drift off bringing up your “friend ” Travis–my, my… get him off your mind and find someone from the opposite sex–for once!!

17. Bob Sacamano says: Aug 24, 2010 6:38 PM

Odd how we often hear of these “unprecedented” injury recoveries, but nobody wants to stop and wonder what substance a player might have been taking to speed along the healing process.

18. tjzoo1 says: Aug 24, 2010 6:54 PM

@Boltsfan
    “If you’re gonna get your ass handed to you on a platter, you at least want it to happen knowing that you were able to compete at something close to full strength”
    Thats what the Jets said!

19. BlitzburghGator says: Aug 24, 2010 7:30 PM

Tebow rubbed his hands together, and healed them just like Mr Miyagi from the Karate Kid.

20. Beauregard says: Aug 24, 2010 7:37 PM

@Boltsfan
    Thats what the Jets said!
    ———-
    With all the “Ass Handing On A Platter” the Bolts claim to do I bet they have a whole bunch of Super Bowl rings! Oh wait! LOL.
    This kind of smack talking after pathetic playoff performances is what makes the whole Nation hate the Chargers. Like the puny punk who mouths off after an ass whopping of epic proportions.

21. Nate is Gay for Brady says: Aug 24, 2010 7:37 PM

“Just shoot a needle into him and get him on the field!”
    Joke McDonalds says to the team Doc.

22. Dave says: Aug 24, 2010 7:42 PM

@Bob Sacamano – pretty sure they will be tested for PEDs. At all you haters…looks like we aren’t gonna be banged up as bad as we thought – you better come up with some good excuses when the MIGHTY MIGHTY BRONCOS whup your ASSES!

23. Brewster says: Aug 24, 2010 9:01 PM

# Tinbender says: August 24, 2010 4:43 PM
    ____________
    @Tinbender:
    What does McDaniels being injured have to do with him being unable to coach for the year. Even if he’s on the sidelines shouting and fist pumping, he can’t coach. He proved that last year.

24. joetoronto says: Aug 25, 2010 6:18 AM

4-12

25. ((CHECK-1......! says: Aug 25, 2010 8:52 AM

10-6

26. IV:XXMileHigh says: Aug 25, 2010 9:48 AM

mama tried says:
    August 24, 2010 5:15 PM
    # Tinbender says: August 24, 2010 4:43 PM
    Simply marvelous Tin!!!
    You guys are FAGS!

27. dare2bme says: Aug 25, 2010 10:16 AM

NYCharger – I tried more thinkkking, damn that hurts.
    Despite my best efforts, your joke still doesn’t make sense. Why don’t you explain how “…be one of the 11 on the field to avoid a penalty” means something different.
    Hahaha, I get your second joke. You’re implying that I’m homosexual. Burn! That really hurts. Seriously – I’m all torn up inside over it.