Ricky Williams says tweets weren't from him

Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has a verified Twitter account, which supposedly means the tweets attributed to him really are written by him.

But after a series of tweets appeared on Williams’ account while he was at Dolphins practice, Williams said through a Dolphins spokesperson that the tweets weren’t written by him.

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said the tweets better not have been written by Williams.

“My policy is if I see it, I’m going to have a real problem with it, so, that’s my policy,” Sparano told the Miami Herald.

There’s nothing particularly controversial in any of the tweets, in which Williams says he won’t grow back his dreadlocks, hasn’t seen Inception and always wears sunscreen. But merely being on Twitter at practice would get Williams in Sparano’s doghouse, and so Williams wants everyone to know it wasn’t him.

That leaves unanswered the question of who is actually writing the tweets on Williams’ verified Twitter account, which are written in the first person. Whoever it is, we’d like to thank him or her for re-tweeting PFT.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
11 Responses to “Ricky Williams says tweets weren't from him”
  1. thetechnocrat says: Aug 25, 2010 7:43 AM

If he tells everyone he likes pot and will smoke it again, I’m giving him the benefit for now. It doesn’t look too good right now though.

2. lurch's nyquil says: Aug 25, 2010 7:50 AM

It was 85 tweeting for him, no doubt about it.

3. Tony Biedenkapp says: Aug 25, 2010 8:12 AM

What’s the big deal? I use multiple twitter applications where I can schedule a tweet for a specific time? He should of just said that.

4. igor79 says: Aug 25, 2010 8:14 AM

I cant find it right now but another Phins beat writer said he asked his wife to do some posts for him and she picked a poor time to do it.

5. hey-seuss says: Aug 25, 2010 8:27 AM

STFU Tony Sparano (and why don’t you just change your name to Sorprano).
    What are you gonna do? Hold him out of a preseason game? Fine him? You’re not going to sit him b/c he’s a beast and you know it. Fool.

6. BenRapistberger says: Aug 25, 2010 8:28 AM

You’re such an idiot. A verified account means that it’s not someone making an account pretending to be Ricky Williams, that doesn’t mean that his actual account can’t get hacked.
    You should know a thing or two about what a hack is.

7. Hauschild says: Aug 25, 2010 8:39 AM

Uh, who freaking cares?!?!?

8. FranKtheTanK says: Aug 25, 2010 9:29 AM

I might grow my hair back, but it’s soooo hot! I do want to see inception, that looks good…. ya sunscreen is smart, you don’t wanna get burned out there, ricky.
    well, back to work…… cya girls!!

9. BigBear123 says: Aug 25, 2010 9:39 AM

He can give someone else the login andnpassword ad ask them to post. Really not a big issue, but they are still responsible for what is said.

10. muchmaligned says: Aug 25, 2010 10:29 AM

Has no one told Tony that he isn’t actually in charge of anything?

11. j0hnny63 says: Aug 25, 2010 11:56 PM

hey-seuss says:
    August 25, 2010 8:27 AM
    STFU Tony Sparano (and why don’t you just change your name to Sorprano).
    ——————-
    Yes. Eat all of our shirts!