High expectations could result in a dramatic fall

Plenty of teams enter the 2010 season with high expectations.

It’s happened in the past, and it seems like more often than not most of the teams fail.

This year, which of the teams of which big things are expected could be headed for disaster?  PFTV explores.

UPDATE:  I posted the wrong code earlier.  And I can’t think of anything tougher to say than “oops.”

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, Home, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “High expectations could result in a dramatic fall”
  1. KoaMisiFan says: Aug 26, 2010 7:24 AM

Dramatic fall only if you believe all the hype they’ve been spewing. Typical jests if you don’t.

2. sand0 says: Aug 26, 2010 8:29 AM

Dramatic? I’ve watch the NFL enough to know it is not predictable enough to freak out if a team performs below expectations heaved on it from 3rd parties. Dramatic is for morons.

3. dvdman says: Aug 26, 2010 9:15 AM

Can you say the “Dallas Cowboys”, “Atlanta Falcons”,”Minnesota Vikings”, “New York Jets” and “San Diego Chargers”?

4. JoeSixPack says: Aug 26, 2010 9:26 AM

“High expectations could result in a dramatic fall”
    You think?
    Rex Ryan might not have been able to win the weight loss competition (even with the benefit of surgery) but I predict by December everyone will know that he truly is “The Biggest Loser”

5. brusta2002 says: Aug 26, 2010 9:36 AM

Do I really have to watch 5 commercials before a 3 minute video??

6. brusta2002 says: Aug 26, 2010 9:38 AM

Do I really have to watch 5 commercials before a 3 minute video??

7. green man says: Aug 26, 2010 9:52 AM

Not watching the video but the Peckers are in for a rude awakening.

8. clintcooper says: Aug 26, 2010 12:09 PM

lol yes the Saints are in for a dramatic fall. If by dramatic fall, you mean that they will only score 31 points per game instead of 32, then I agree completely!

9. bruce campbells chainsaw hand says: Aug 26, 2010 12:23 PM

green man -
    First off, sweet name.
    Secondly, who are the Peckers? Do they have a rivalry with the Queens, another team in for a rude awakening?

10. Ilovefoolsball says: Aug 26, 2010 2:51 PM

People are overlooking the Saints. Many have used the “fluke” term however they’re discounting the fact that the saints have GOOD PLAYERS. Especially at the WR spot which is how the saints move the chains.
    There is a very “forward” mentality with players such as Colston, P Thomas and Devery Henderson. Not to mention they have a pretty decent player at QB.
    They may not get as many turnovers on defense as they had last year but they didn’t lose many players and they still have the same ball hawking defensive coordinator.

11. Brewdogg says: Aug 26, 2010 9:13 PM

While I am not trying to underscore the season that the Saints had, I should point out that it is hard to repeat a offensive season like the Saints had (see Vikings, Rams) and you can’t count on 8 defensive TDs like you had last year. A repeat is unlikely. That said, I wouldn’t bet against them….. Just saying, is all.

12. Kay Bee says: Aug 27, 2010 2:47 PM

Brewdogg says:
    August 26, 2010 9:13 PM
    ————————————————–
    This makes no sense, because the Saints have had the top ranked offense since Brees and Payton have been in New Orleans.

13. Smitty Gill says: Aug 27, 2010 7:39 PM

Dont y’all know it’s only a mental thing……………
    Payton knows this and is prepaired for the onslought. The medial has a direct impact on the players and all the hog wash they spew. Saints have same players, same plays, same coaches, and play football the same way. The advantages are more experience and better players in key positions and they are probably the deepest in the NFL in back -ups. I call them plug and play aand with knowing all this, My Saints have as good or better chance of repeating as any Super Bowl team ever. Nuff said………………………..

14. jc1958cool says: Aug 29, 2010 9:24 AM

viqueen drama queens need more excuses for gramps lmao! next it’ll be chilly willys play calling give it back to bevel or i’m going back to misssissippi lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!