DeAngelo Hall will not be punked by tall female reporters

DeAngelo Hall is not about to let a female reporter make him look short.  That’s why he asks Comcast Sportsnet Washington’s Kelli Johnson take off her high heels when she interviews him.

Confronted on the topic by Johnson’s colleague, Chick Hernandez, Hall copped to the truth.

“She was too tall. If I was 6 feet like [Carlos Rogers], I wouldn’t
have to do that, but I’m 5-11, so she definitely had to take them heels
off for me,” Hall said.

“He demands I do this every time,” Johnson added.  (Visual evidence and quotes provided by Dan Steinberg of DC Sports Bog.)

I can identify with Hall.  Unfortunately, Johnson would still be taller than me even if she was slightly crouching with her shoes off.

My advice to Hall: own your height.  It lacks confidence to cover it up. The Redskins only list you at 5-10, which means you are probably shorter than that.

I also recommend dating short women.  That helps.

Permalink 61 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
61 Responses to “DeAngelo Hall will not be punked by tall female reporters”
  1. sullijo says: Aug 30, 2010 4:09 PM

Speaking for tall people everywhere, this is a job for the NAACP.
    We can’t have our jobs affected by how tall we may be. If everyone doesn’t have to take off their heels, why do we??
    Lawsuits, c’mon, lawsuits…..

2. Kyle Orton's Beard says: Aug 30, 2010 4:12 PM

“If I was 6 feet…but I’m like 5-11…”
    Does he realize there is only an inch difference? He might be dumber than Cromartie.
    Meanwhile…
    “I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and 6-4 Impala…”

3. tinkletinkleonyourstar says: Aug 30, 2010 4:13 PM

Rosenthal- yet again do we, the readers, have to point out another typo.
    It’s… D e A n g e l i n a Hall

4. CHIEF ZEE says: Aug 30, 2010 4:13 PM

KJ played college basketball…she’s pretty tall.

5. Hail 2 Dan Snyder says: Aug 30, 2010 4:13 PM

This is the follow up story to the fire storm that proved to the blogesphere that Mickey Florio is a copy-n-paste weenie??
    D.Hall is nothing like Carlos Rogers. D.Hall can cover, catch, make amazing plays in the secondary and turnover the ball.

6. Staubach_Aikman_? says: Aug 30, 2010 4:16 PM

I would rag on his height since I am >6ft tall, but he’s the multi-millionaire playing a kid’s game for a living.

7. spytdi says: Aug 30, 2010 4:20 PM

Overhyped punk. Hall will the the NFC East QB’s whipping boy.

8. RaiderClay says: Aug 30, 2010 4:21 PM

In other news. DeAngelo Hall remains incredibly overrated.

9. marcelino says: Aug 30, 2010 4:21 PM

This isn’t about height…he loves feet. Kelli probably has nice ones and DeAngelo is using height as an excuse to see her piggies…

10. Tim Tebow's Prayers says: Aug 30, 2010 4:21 PM

I’m sure DeAngelo really appreciates your dating advice, Gregg.

11. Tdk24 says: Aug 30, 2010 4:23 PM

I think Kelli should go one farther and insist that Hall wear her heels during the interview. I know Portis would do it.

12. Jackson says: Aug 30, 2010 4:24 PM

…wow there were a couple of comments and now they are gone. Censorship is alive and well on this board.
    you got insulted and deleted them. to the people that didn’t see them, Greg got clowned by a couple of other posters here and then he deleted them. they were not out of line nor did they use profanity. they were just funny.
    I bet Greg’s salary (which I hope is a small bet because nobody in their right mind would pay this hack a substantial amount of money for the dribble he posts here) that this post will not appear on this board. if it does then Fred Savage will be smiling.

13. Katmanduu says: Aug 30, 2010 4:24 PM

Occasionally covering a receiver may actually help, too.

14. Old School says: Aug 30, 2010 4:26 PM

What makes him worth interviewing to begin with. This guy comes off like a mental midget too.

15. FinFan68 says: Aug 30, 2010 4:26 PM

He obviously prefers to be punked by WRs out on the field

16. SaintsFTW says: Aug 30, 2010 4:26 PM

He should be lacking confidence for much more than his height. Everything I hear about this guy only makes me respect him less.

17. Percy Headachin says: Aug 30, 2010 4:28 PM

tall women are sexy. This seriously throws D Halls sexuality into question.

18. Simon12345 says: Aug 30, 2010 4:30 PM

I guess if you are in to that kind of thing…:-|

19. bacon! says: Aug 30, 2010 4:31 PM

What a pathetic tool.

20. superb owl says: Aug 30, 2010 4:32 PM

dee should ask wideouts to take their cleats off too

21. Sociofan says: Aug 30, 2010 4:32 PM

Damn. Hall is going to hear about this in the locker room for a while.

22. Stone says: Aug 30, 2010 4:33 PM

You’re a midget, Rosenthal. Aren’t you at or below 4′ 11″?

23. Blackbeard says: Aug 30, 2010 4:36 PM

DeAngelo just has a foot fetish…

24. KD says: Aug 30, 2010 4:37 PM

Kelli Johnson:

25. Joe says: Aug 30, 2010 4:38 PM

what a female….all that money and talent and you still lack confidence….smh

26. meatball13 says: Aug 30, 2010 4:40 PM

I’m 5’6″ and I personally would ask her to slow dance with me.

27. dunkingonuts says: Aug 30, 2010 4:40 PM

“(I also once dated a girl in college that was three inches taller than me. When she wore heels to dinner, it looked like her 12-year-old brother was visiting for the weekend.)”
    Oh right..! So how is your cousin doing these days?

28. Tinbender says: Aug 30, 2010 4:45 PM

I like tall women ;)

29. Gregg Rosenthal says: Aug 30, 2010 4:46 PM

jackson: the writers don’t approve or delete the comments but i wish i could see the ones you are referred to.
    this is one thread i wanted to make sure to check out.
    thanks for reading the site.

30. agenice says: Aug 30, 2010 4:50 PM

this is neither news OR a rumor!

31. Jackson says: Aug 30, 2010 4:50 PM

LIAR. damn dude…..I was just having fun with you but you just bold faced lied to everyone
    two posts were made and then I came back later to see more piling on that would ensue and there were 0 comments. Florio has admitted to deleting posts before……therefore this makes you a liar.

32. Kirmie says: Aug 30, 2010 4:50 PM

I thought the did it so the could both fit on the screen without zooming way out.

33. Wet Paper Bag says: Aug 30, 2010 4:56 PM

Hall probably has small hands too.

34. smiley says: Aug 30, 2010 5:07 PM

Yummmmm…tall women. Ok. Women in general. Hail!

35. Stone says: Aug 30, 2010 5:11 PM

Looks like she was wearing 3″ heels if you compare the level of her head to the Redskin logo on the wall behind her. I’m kind of intrigued by this chick now, she seems hot. Let’s get some body shots of her. My girl is 5’7″ and I’m 5’11″ish, so she comes close to my height when we’re dressed up. I gotta say tho, who cares, she has great long legs. I’m not gonna complain about extra hotness.

36. gixrider says: Aug 30, 2010 5:11 PM

He actually says in response to why he would ask her to remove her shoes that,
    “she ain’t about to make me look bad”.
    You are so right Deangelo….you do that all by yourself.

37. Stealthhawk says: Aug 30, 2010 5:16 PM

I really don’t understand when tall women feel like they should wear heels. Most guys don’t like their woman to be taller than they are.
    Apparently heels make them look slimmer. Here’s an idea, lose some weight?

38. cusoman says: Aug 30, 2010 5:17 PM

# Gregg Rosenthal says: August 30, 2010 4:46 PM
    this is one thread i wanted to make sure to check out.
    thanks for reading the site.
    ———–
    Gregg, your moderators are running amok lately. Locking down the NOLA Katrina thread, leaving out scathing posts on certain rival teams stories, but leaving the crap in on the others….
    And on this thread all I did was post the lyrics to the Skee-lo classic “I Wish I was a Little Bit Taller”, which I thought appropriate, and those were smacked down too.
    Your mods are taking a page from the NFL officials book, it seems – calling some things no good, whilst simultaneously calling the same things from other people OK. Stop the bias, we’re all entitled to our opinions as long as they don’t cross boundaries, right?

39. Hype says: Aug 30, 2010 5:23 PM

Now thats funny stuff. You made my evening with that.

40. Bengals Season Ticket Chump says: Aug 30, 2010 5:28 PM

What is he going to do next…make her put a bag over her head since she is hot…or take a stupid pill since she is smart? Get a clue moron…

41. *Legion* says: Aug 30, 2010 5:31 PM

Man, if Maurice Jones-Drew was that conceited, female reporters would have to sit indian-style to interview him.

42. PurpleNGold says: Aug 30, 2010 5:31 PM

constantly fearful
    please stoop when you speak to me
    Napoleonic

43. CookieFlash says: Aug 30, 2010 5:32 PM

D.Hall is smaller than Matt Leinart’s confidence.

44. kc101 says: Aug 30, 2010 5:36 PM

he’s not talking about dating tall women greg he’s talking about being interviewed by them
    once again rosenthall makes pft his own little diary entry

45. OJPimpson says: Aug 30, 2010 5:37 PM

Tinkletinkle: nice..

46. ganggreenguido says: Aug 30, 2010 5:51 PM

yo dangelo, adlo makes great leather platforms for dudes. i got a pair. it has helped me expand the dating pool with the ladies

47. Boon says: Aug 30, 2010 5:52 PM

Deangelo doesn’t eat at Burger King because his hands are too small

48. ShaKey says: Aug 30, 2010 6:07 PM

What a Nancy, with an I!

49. backdapack10 says: Aug 30, 2010 6:36 PM

okay, now you take off your heals and i’ll remove my skirt…

50. DirtDawg55 says: Aug 30, 2010 7:35 PM

DeAngelo says “she ain’t going to make me look bad”, leaving out the part where he clarifies “because I can do that all on my own”
    Kelli complied with the heels request, but did turn down DeAngelo on another request when he asked Kelli to have a breast reduction because her boobs look bigger than his. She said “That’s just crazy. His boobs really aren’t that small, although his testicles are”

51. robert ethen says: Aug 30, 2010 8:19 PM

Rosenthal if you dated someone shorter than yourself any sex tapes go to the midget category when you send them in. Don’t forget.

52. robert ethen says: Aug 30, 2010 8:22 PM

Hall is uncomfortable staring at her crotch during the interview.
    Staring at her breasts doesn’t seem as bad.

53. bake says: Aug 30, 2010 8:32 PM

hall makes interceptions, but he gets burned a lot more than Carlos ROgers does too, this year you’ll see Rogers back to his old form and he will play well. DeAngelo will make his plays, but get beat every week once or twice too…

54. HereThere says: Aug 30, 2010 8:50 PM

If George Costanza had no problem with tall women, why does Hall?

55. Hail says: Aug 30, 2010 8:57 PM

The commentators on this site are absolutely ridiculous. If it’s not someone bashing Florio, it’s someone bashing a certain team / player.
    A) If you don’t like Florio / PFT, you don’t have to visit the site. But for God sake’s quit ruining the discussions with complete crap.
    B) Ignorant people who make comments solely on media perception are just that — ignorant. If you actually followed football you would know that a) D Hall has been nothing but a stand-up guy since arriving in Washington, b) he’s easily the best player in their secondary, already having two picks in limited pre-season action, thus not making his overrated. Is he a top 10 corner? No. But learn some facts and quit making comments based on nothing but ignorance.

56. superb owl says: Aug 30, 2010 9:09 PM

he is a slug. pre season proves zilch. and we have all seen this mini-turd on film already.
    he’s a nickle back at best.

57. flsnupe says: Aug 30, 2010 9:43 PM

height doesnt matter when you laying down…

58. Dbellina says: Aug 30, 2010 11:31 PM

Greg you still look like a 12 year old boy. But I promise when you grow up, you’ll be happy you look young.

59. Two-A-Days says: Aug 31, 2010 7:51 AM

This is so rediculous to see all this bashing on this site on every article. It must be to piss people off because NONE of it ever makes sense. I am not just saying this because I wear a burgundy #23 jersey every Sunday…..im saying it because it ruins the real posting that is taken place….there reall shouldnt be much posting about this article…..maybe a few jokes but…cmon……calling him a nickle at best?….and he cant play?…thats just rediculous. Maybe he isnt that good man to man as other DBs but he is better than most and can make plays…..some guys are better at pass blocking than run blocking…….its just the nature of it. Hail!!!!!

60. bwisnasky says: Aug 31, 2010 9:11 AM

Does he also ask her not to “cover” anyone so she doesn’t embarrass him by his lack of skills too?

61. MagicMan407 says: Aug 31, 2010 10:39 AM

He sure has been playing good for our Skins. in 16 games Deangelo Hall has 83 tackles, 6 picks, 17 passes defended and only 1 TD allowed! Sometimes when the coaches suck they dont put talented players in the right schemes. Hate on haters hes tearin it up pre-season too.