Dez Bryant says he'll play on Thursday

Dez Bryant will get on the field during the preseason after all.  At least he says so.

“Back in action Thursday night!!!!!” Bryant tweeted late last night.

It’s possible Bryant just found out he’s been cleared to play, but the team could sit him out. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram confirmed Bryant is medically ready to go.

It’s a question of is it worth some of the risk,” owner Jerry Jones said.  “If we end up playing our regulars, then that might make a difference. We typically have not played a full set of our players, so that might be something we might
consider since we’ve got a chance to have our starters out there.”

It sounds more like Jones wants to wipe the bad taste out of his mouth after Saturday’s effort against the Texans.

Permalink 29 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
29 Responses to “Dez Bryant says he'll play on Thursday”
  1. Crazy Nick says: Aug 30, 2010 9:34 AM

It’s always nice hearing from Jerry Jones.
    He hardly ever talks with the media.

2. Chapnasty. says: Aug 30, 2010 9:37 AM

Well the preseason is usually a good measuring stick as to how a team will finish the regular season. I guess Dallas is screwed. On the bright side, it will be good to get the #1 pick in next year’s draft. I will be looking forward to that.
    On a serious note, the Cowboys OL is terrible. You would think that in a year when you want to win the Superbowl in your own stadium you would address the the issue. Good work Jerrah.

3. BigBear123 says: Aug 30, 2010 9:42 AM

——
    Was Rapistburger in the owners box?

4. Bill In DC says: Aug 30, 2010 9:42 AM

At the least the O line starters need to play to work on communication. Especially the left side, two new guys need to work together.

5. MrHumble says: Aug 30, 2010 9:55 AM

The Pimp has been awlful quiet since he pissed in his pants when they drafted d. bryant…….it’s gotta be eating at him as he is the only person with a bigger mouth in the nfl than rex the turd. The pimp was hoping/planning to be able to talk talk talk all year long up to the SB in his beloved whorehouse but thus far his “boys” have left him down miserably. He’s gonna need a new facelift and botox to get that smile back on his face.

6. Chiefs2010 says: Aug 30, 2010 9:59 AM

This team is overrated… the offensive line is weak in the middle, losing the other TE Phillips was a huge loss, and Romo still makes quesionable decisions..
    Luckily, it’s a down year in the NFC East.

7. Really? says: Aug 30, 2010 10:03 AM

Could very well be one of the worst 5 OL’s in the league.

8. realitypolice says: Aug 30, 2010 10:29 AM

Great Idea. “Let’s put our injured first round future star out on the field against a bunch of scrubinnies with nothing to lose who are desperately trying to make an impression and not get cut”.
    What could go wrong?

9. goboys82 says: Aug 30, 2010 10:30 AM

Chapnasty. says:
    August 30, 2010 9:37 AM
    Really? Maybe you should do your homework before making such ridiculous statements… The 08 lions went 4-0 in preseason before losing all their games in regular season. Colts have won what, 5 preseason games this decade? For you to say preseason is a good measuring stick is uninformed and just plain stupid, so don’t get ur hopes too high for the boys to fail, not gonna happen.

10. goboys82 says: Aug 30, 2010 10:31 AM

Really? says:
    August 30, 2010 10:03 AM
    Could very well be one of the worst 5 OL’s in the league.
    Um, you do realize half of the O-line starters are missing due to injury, right? Take your blinders off moron.

11. 9to19 says: Aug 30, 2010 10:38 AM

—————————————
    O RLY? The 2008, 0-16 Lions would like to have a word with you.
    (Hint: They went 4-0 in preseason)

12. The Black Cat says: Aug 30, 2010 10:46 AM

When did this “Jerry Jones” become owner of the Cowboys? Huh, go figure.

13. lakedog19352 says: Aug 30, 2010 11:00 AM

Chapnasty…dont worry, I caught the sarcasm :)

14. PhillyHouse says: Aug 30, 2010 11:12 AM

I can’t believe I’m doing this, but I gotta stick up for Chapnasty.
    GoBoys:
    Chapnasty was being facetious. He wasn’t being literal. He was simply lampooning the fans who overreact to preseason. I know I used too many multi-syllabic words for you to comprehend, but I had to point that out to you.
    Chapnasty, I don’t know how we as enlightened fans put up with these folks.
    BTW, the Eagles have a similar problem with their o-line.

15. Hap says: Aug 30, 2010 11:15 AM

Dez needs to chill before he gets hurt in season ending style.

16. FinFan68 says: Aug 30, 2010 11:37 AM

His mother is looking forward to having a gametime chat with Ireland

17. ipeefreely says: Aug 30, 2010 11:40 AM

Dallas is missing 2 starters, that should be back for the opener. The OL is OK.
    I say play the starters 1 good series and then rest.
    Let Dez play until 1/2 -time, he needs some live reps. If you didn’t play players under the risk of injury, it’d just be the zebras on the field.

18. Chapnasty. says: Aug 30, 2010 11:48 AM

@ Phillyhouse
    Thank you for the backup, I owe you one now.

19. TexasKevin says: Aug 30, 2010 11:53 AM

Chapnasty- your sarcasm was lost amongst a bunch of angry cowboy fans. Oh and the Dallas o line is in big trouble, I just watched my Texans (who have zero ability to rush the passer outside of Mario) give Romo hell. That being said I expect the Cowboys -Texans week three game to be much more cocmpetative, there is no way the Cowboys are THIS bad offensively…….right??

20. dakotah says: Aug 30, 2010 11:55 AM

So goboys82, I’m guessing you joined PFT yesterday? Chapnasty has been a Cowboys supporter for a long time. You need to call someone who has a clue.

21. Chapnasty. says: Aug 30, 2010 12:11 PM

The problem is no team is successful on offense without a good offensive line. If Dallas doesn’t figure out something then Romo is forced to scramble and that is when he takes chances and turns the ball over. Maybe they will be better when it actually matters but they have had 4 games now and if anything it looks worse.

22. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Aug 30, 2010 12:16 PM

goboys82 says:
    August 30, 2010 10:30 AM
    ______________
    Wow….just wow.
    Are you inbred or just stupid?

23. Bwa Ha Ha says: Aug 30, 2010 12:49 PM

This will be the 5th preseason game for Dallas. Typically the starting teams sit and the guys fighting for their shot get to duke it out this late in the preseason.
    Who is going to take the fall if one of the Dallas starters gets injured in this last meaningless game against guys that may never get a chance to hit in the NFL again in their lives?
    I’m an Eagles fan, and I do not want to see our starters getting busted up in that 4th preseason game.
    How can the Dallas fans not be concerned here?
    Who will you Dallas fans blame if you lose an important starter in this game?

24. Chapnasty. says: Aug 30, 2010 1:13 PM

@ Bwa Ha Ha
    I will blame whatever idiot who decides to play the starters. I mean who else who be at fault?

25. joshington says: Aug 30, 2010 2:13 PM

I can’t wait to see that “O-line” go up against Orakpo, Carter, Carriker, HAYNESWORTH and the rest of the Capital D. Get ready for John Kitna Cowgirl fans!

26. bringbacktheflex says: Aug 30, 2010 2:24 PM

Re: Question to play the starters or not
    I remember one year Tony Dorsett missed a few games because he dropped a mirror on his toe AT HOME. Injuries happen – on the field and off.
    I think the benefit of Bryant working half the game under “real” speed conditions outweighs being overly cautious.
    ————-
    BTW, I don’t worry about the poor showing in pre-season. Phillips and Garret have repeatedly stated that they didn’t gameplan for any of these teams and are purposely being vanilla.
    For those of you who are really worried about Dallas’s preseason performance… Please tell me where the winners of the pre-season will be crowned Champions. My TV Guide doesn’t have that event listed.

27. n0hopeleft says: Aug 30, 2010 8:04 PM

Chiefs2010 says:
    August 30, 2010 9:59 AM
    Luckily, it’s a down year in the NFC East.
    __________________________________
    Down year? More like down syndrome for you.
    And I hate the Cowboys.

28. Shark839 says: Aug 30, 2010 10:09 PM

joshington says:
    August 30, 2010 2:13 PM
    ___________________________________
    Orakpo is about the only really good one in that bunch. And he is having issues in coverage. The rest are so-so. Haynesworth won’t show up this year.

29. Jackson says: Aug 31, 2010 9:58 AM

I say start Kitna and let him throw to Dez for a half to get some game speed experience. Kid hasn’t played football at game speed in over a year.
    Kitna has played well this preseason and should get Dez some good work.