Ryan Clady could play on Thursday night

Gone for months but hardly forgotten, Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady reportedly could suit up for Thursday night’s preseason finale against the Vikings, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

Clady returned to practice on Tuesday, but he performed in an orange no-touchy jersey.

The third-year left tackle, who has started every game of his career, partially torn a patellar tendon while playing basketball in April.  His return would be great news for a Broncos team that limped to a 2-8 finish after starting 2009 with six straight wins.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
21 Responses to “Ryan Clady could play on Thursday night”
  1. ickeywoods says: Aug 31, 2010 8:37 PM

partially torn a-“tore” maybe?

2. jbone2005 says: Aug 31, 2010 8:40 PM

I think these writers purposely make typos just to get a rise out of all of us…
    or else they are just idiots…
    let’s take a vote: Idiot or Dickheads??
    Seriously Florio, the headline to typo ratio is roughly 1 to 3… it’s sad.

3. Outfoxed says: Aug 31, 2010 9:18 PM

if you want good penmanship—go read readers digest. if you want quick informative commentary you cant find anywhere—well then just try to enjoy yourself here. there’s enuf people ragging on things around here. we don’t need another one
    relax

4. 1137vine says: Aug 31, 2010 9:23 PM

The link does not support the idea that Clady may return, which was supposed to be the topic of the article. Therefore, what is the source?

5. ((CHECK-1......! says: Aug 31, 2010 9:24 PM

I’m sick of all you d-bag bronco haters on this site. I’ve never talked down anyones team, but it’s time I start. The next time one of you a**holes talk s**t about the broncos, please state your favorite team so I can rip on them. Fact based criticism is totaly acceptable, but flat out smart a** stupid coments are a total B**ch move!
    That said……… GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

6. comment_submission_error says: Aug 31, 2010 9:28 PM

Mike yakked this up:
    The third-year left tackle, who has started every game of his career, partially torn a patellar tendon while playing basketball in April. His return would be great news for a Broncos team that limped to a 2-8 finish after starting 2009 with six straight wins.
    ———————
    If they limped to a 2-8 finish with Clady starting every game, why would his return be great news?

7. The Wolf says: Aug 31, 2010 9:37 PM

All I know is THE best tackle in the game is about to boost an already impressive team that know one is taking seriously.

8. Drafty says: Aug 31, 2010 9:41 PM

Pushing Clady back to action too soon is the wrong thing to do. Which means you can bet good money McDipshit will do just that.
    This guy is his best player. You can Champ-Bailey-Elvis-Dumvervil yourself to death, but Clady is the best player on the roster.
    Force him back into action too soon at your team’s peril, McDouchebag.
    And thanks for your take, Outfoxed. We’ll pencil you in with the Vast Majority – too dull to know the difference.

9. petro says: Aug 31, 2010 9:46 PM

Jbone2005- Idiot
    This Clady kid is a heck of a player and clearly worked real hard to get back. With that being said, McDaniels will trade him next off season.

10. Roger Goodell's a tool. says: Aug 31, 2010 10:16 PM

The Wolf says:
    August 31, 2010 9:37 PM
    _________________________________
    What team might that be?
    (clearly can’t be the Broncos)

11. Brewdogg says: Aug 31, 2010 10:50 PM

((CHECK-1……! says: August 31, 2010 9:24 PM
    That said……… GO BRONCOS!!!!!!
    —————————————————-
    Pop into any Favre/Vikings post and you’ll feel better. There are about a dozen Packers fans that do nothing but chime in on every thread with those very comments, and when given a direct challenge, run and hide. it’s really disgusting… I’ve decided to take the tact of taking their own comments and turning them around so they apply to the team they came from, in the hopes that somewhere along the line it will change. It hasn’t…..

12. Yeahbuddy says: Aug 31, 2010 10:58 PM

Clady is a top 3 LT and will help the running game

13. sullijo says: Aug 31, 2010 11:14 PM

Is this guy Superman or what? To return that quickly from that injury…..
    Nice.

14. PurpleNGold says: Aug 31, 2010 11:26 PM

@ Outfoxed
    Do the writers who contribute to Reader’s Digest have good penmanship?
    And if “you want quick informative commentary you cant find anywhere”, does it matter?

15. magsdad1 says: Aug 31, 2010 11:28 PM

As a Broncos fan, all I have to say is welcome back, but make sure you are healthy, Ryan. Don’t rush it. We need you for the long haul.
    ((CHECK-1……! : Don’t sweat it. Most of the people on this site are angry at the world, themselves, have no life, can’t get laid, still live with mom, or are just a dumb ass. Take them lightly. Its easy to criticize anonymously on a forum such as this one.
    Most live through their team(s) to augment an otherwise pathetic existence.
    I think its going to be an interesting season. I don’t have the foggiest idea how the Broncos will do. I don’t see them as terrible or as great. Still rebuilding.

16. jkiddrock says: Sep 1, 2010 1:07 AM

The Broncos will throttle people this year.
    Orton will be regarded as a great, developed QB under McDaniels (like Brady and Cassel).
    And you guys will finally shut up.
    We have sat the majority of our starters, and have been vanilla on offense.
    Watch out for Royal, Decker, and our running game.
    Our D and special teams will be #1 in the league.
    Please copy and save for later. Haters.

17. sharkattack says: Sep 1, 2010 1:09 AM

# The Wolf says: August 31, 2010 9:37 PM
    —————————–
    Ok, let me preface this by saying I do not dislike the Broncos. I like a few of their players (Bailey, Orton, Dumervil, yes even Clady.) I see them comfortably at 9-7 this year.
    That said, as long as Joe Thomas plays football, Clady will be #2. Cleveland may not have much, but they do have the hands down best tackle in the NFL. That and the best Kick-returner. Oh oh and the best Fullback (you don’t know who Vickers is, and he will probably never make a pro-bowl, but he is the best.) The list ends there though.
    Also please don’t respond by insulting Cleveland. I didn’t insult your team, and I didn’t say the Browns were better. You just needed to be reminded that Big Joe is the best.

18. sand0 says: Sep 1, 2010 8:20 AM

Not quite sure how this is Vikings news. But go Clady? Guy’s a warrior?
    I’m amused that Broncos fans are complaining about having a lot of “haters”. Welcome to our world. Once Brett bundled the panties of Packer nation by coming over here they haven’t stopped crying in our threads.
    What you have to understand is that the majority of people who post idiotic crap in these boards are either very young or just trying to be stupid because they work a job in which they can’t say anything out of line. That’s my theory at least. That or crazy.

19. m33roscoe says: Sep 1, 2010 9:09 AM

Wolf/Sharkattack you got to have Jake Long in that mix!

20. Scoop says: Sep 1, 2010 9:35 AM

McGeorge’s comment reminds me of the old saying that only another alcoholic is shameless enough to look down on somebody else from the gutter. I mean, how much more ironic can it be than to have somebody use McDipshit and McDouchebag all in the same post?

21. fordlaw says: Sep 1, 2010 3:58 PM

If the Broncos are smart Clady will be IR’d for the year. Just because he can suit up is no reason for him to play. If they need tackles who can play this year trade Clady to Cleveland for Pashos, St Clair, et al.