The search for Kendall Langford's earring continues

Well, here’s a story you don’t see every day.

Dolphins defensive end Kendall Langford spent about an hour combing Miami’s practice field for a 2.5-karat diamond earring that fell out during practice on Tuesday.  If you don’t believe us, you can watch this captivating video.

Langford’s defensive line teammates helped for ten minutes, while super teammate Ryan Baker helped for 45 minutes before giving up, according to Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post.

“I remember seeing it before practice, saying, ‘Wow, that’s a nice
diamond,'” Baker said. “Lots of guys come out here with them on. I guess
it builds their swag or whatever.”

Langford was planning to continue the search after he had to go inside for meetings.  We’ll update you if he is, indeed, able to help rebuild his swag before the end of the night.

Permalink 51 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
51 Responses to “The search for Kendall Langford's earring continues”
  1. TheDPR says: Aug 31, 2010 8:34 PM

Some guy about to be cut pocketed it.

2. brownsfn19 says: Aug 31, 2010 8:35 PM

that’s what these dumbasses get for wearing these insanely expensive pieces of jewelry while playing football…u look real “gangsta” now searching the field …dumbass…I hope he never finds it…

3. doe22us says: Aug 31, 2010 8:36 PM

I have often wondered why football players in general wear earrings during games, dumb, dumb dumb. Are you playing sports or in a fashion show

4. JaggedMark says: Aug 31, 2010 8:39 PM

Send the cheerleaders.
    If you want to find a big diamond, send a girl.

5. red13 says: Aug 31, 2010 8:39 PM

Dude should invest $100 to find his $5,000 earring. Why guys wear jewelry to hit other guys is beyond me.

6. ham1 says: Aug 31, 2010 8:39 PM

Wake me up when its time for kick off.
    This is really beating the bushes.

7. red13 says: Aug 31, 2010 8:40 PM

Invest $100 in a metal detector, I meant.

8. steelerfan9598 says: Aug 31, 2010 8:41 PM

Dumb ass.

9. DirtDawg55 says: Aug 31, 2010 8:43 PM

I played high school football from 1979 to 1981. Back then earrings were not always the rage but I remember a guy joining the team who had a single earring, a cross, dangling from his left ear. Coach walked up to him and said something like “here is why you don’t wear these f…ing things. Your opponent could pull them off”. He promptly ripped the earring off the guy’s ear. Never saw one of our guys wear an earring again.
    These guys have to decide if they are football players or models hen on the field. You lose an earring? Tough. Play on.

10. strctlylo says: Aug 31, 2010 8:53 PM

Please don’t.

11. spiralepiphany says: Aug 31, 2010 9:00 PM

Awe poor, wealthier than 90% of the world, athlete. I wonder how long the kids combed the diamond mines in Sierra Leone for their missing appendages and/or dead family members before they finally gave up.

12. cliffcla says: Aug 31, 2010 9:06 PM

Um… Dont they have beaches in Miami. I am sure he could find a metal detector somewhere.. but its probably not lost… I would be willing to bet someone pocketed it.

13. sniperhare says: Aug 31, 2010 9:07 PM

@DirtDawg55 Did the kid sue the school for a ton of money?

14. LewD says: Aug 31, 2010 9:08 PM

never will get the ear rings and dreads …. if you put a skirt and lipstick on some of these guys, they’d look like the chicks down at the “corners” …
    sure looks feminine to me, but I grew up in another era …. I never will be cool …

15. igor79 says: Aug 31, 2010 9:17 PM

For the record he didn’t mean to wear it to practice, he just forgot to take them out.
    And @spiralepiphany… I am sure those probably-murdered-by-now children would want to help him find it! I mean just think how hard they worked for him to be able to wear that around looking so pretty!

16. 41 Bottles of Coors Light says: Aug 31, 2010 9:18 PM

Why don’t they make Pat White look for the earring? It’ll give him something to do and if he finds it, it’ll be the highlight of his season.

17. Spoonthis says: Aug 31, 2010 9:20 PM

Mike Wise tweeted that the earing was found but moments later recanted his tweet. He is a sick f*ck.

18. comment_submission_error says: Aug 31, 2010 9:25 PM

# 41 Bottles of Coors Light says: August 31, 2010 9:18 PM
    ——————
    I almost didn’t read the article, but did. Then I had to read the comments, hoping to get something worthwhile for my time. Got it!

19. sportsbruh3 says: Aug 31, 2010 9:27 PM

the HELP got it.

20. petro says: Aug 31, 2010 9:32 PM

When a no name bum like Kendall Langford has enough cash to buy that sort of diamond, he should say the pledge of allegance every morning and kiss the ground of this fine nation.

21. Drafty says: Aug 31, 2010 9:34 PM

Candyass idiot.
    “Wow. That’s a nice diamond.”
    Jesus.

22. red13 says: Aug 31, 2010 9:34 PM

@Spoonthis:
    Don’t encourage Florio. You know how he is when he gets on a kick…

23. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Aug 31, 2010 9:36 PM

Ryan Baker will be at a pawn shop tomorrow (wink,wink).

24. mr_snrub says: Aug 31, 2010 9:41 PM

Men who wear diamonds are ass clowns.

25. Kaz says: Aug 31, 2010 9:41 PM

I’m on my way. I can sneak in and search through the night. It’ll be a nice little comeup…

26. Consigliere says: Aug 31, 2010 9:47 PM

Jeff Ireland stole it to give to Dez Bryant’s mom Thursday night for services rendered.

27. Branephood says: Aug 31, 2010 9:55 PM

and Romo’s the homo?

28. phinsallday says: Aug 31, 2010 9:58 PM

Let’s prey for him…………………did he find it yet?

29. BigBear123 says: Aug 31, 2010 10:00 PM

Look for a maintenance personnel with a new car tomorrow.

30. Hoof Hearted says: Aug 31, 2010 10:07 PM

Dumb shit. I always felt that players wearing earrings under a helmet are just asking to have it ripped off. Same for the dumb ass basketball players wearing their gold necklaces while playing a “no contact” sport. Yeah, right….you got what you deserve and like the motto says, you can’t fix stupid!

31. Ravens Macg says: Aug 31, 2010 10:14 PM

Ear Rings are for women! I guess the next thing these “guys” will be doing is lipstick!!!

32. spincycle64 says: Aug 31, 2010 10:29 PM

I don’t care how much these guys make. Money definitely doesn’t buy intelligence. Ignorant dumbass

33. 12to81GoPats says: Aug 31, 2010 10:42 PM

Ravens Macg is lame for that comment.

34. FinFan says: Aug 31, 2010 11:16 PM

slow news day

35. krisko says: Aug 31, 2010 11:28 PM

earrings are gay. but another article said that he forgot to take them out before practice. that almost makes it a little better. i bet a million fans show up at practice tomorrow.

36. Easy Ed says: Aug 31, 2010 11:29 PM

Why wear a diamond earing to increase your “swag” or whatever if you’re wearing a helmet?

37. FinFan68 says: Aug 31, 2010 11:42 PM

I guess I’m old school on this one. Leave the earrings at home with your purse. This is football practice, not a fashion show, “Kendra”.

38. TuckRule says: Aug 31, 2010 11:42 PM

It was a phony (Zirconia) anyway. Just trying to make a little insurance money before he’s out on the street. Just another stupid Dumb A_ _. Either play football or work in the jewelry store!!

39. william sizemore says: Sep 1, 2010 12:03 AM

There is no cure for stupid. Bill p.s. I hope he plays better then his ear ring deal. Don’t leave it in the locker room, leave it at home, however then you can’t show the girls that you are just like them.

40. 2buku4u says: Sep 1, 2010 12:05 AM

DAMN! More than 30 comments… I’m a big Langford fan but c’mon bruh, save that shit for Ocean Drive!

41. comeondieyoung says: Sep 1, 2010 12:06 AM

According to Mike Wise, Tatum Bell was seen in the area.

42. tucdan says: Sep 1, 2010 12:23 AM

It is a shame that these guys don’t get a real IQ test and have to pass regular college entrance exams before they get so much money.
    Obviously Hampton University is not the Harvard of the South but it is a real example of southern rural education and they graduate their students for seat time.
    I think this is a good example of how “A mind is a terrible thing to waste” should be changed to “A mind is a difficult thing to find” especially when these idiots are drawn to money, diamonds, and the biggest weapon in the locker room.
    Disgraceful. Every day the NFL is looking more like the National Fools League.

43. Barometer says: Sep 1, 2010 1:59 AM

A real man would just forget about it rather than look like an idiot combing the field in futility. If he had that much money to burn to buy that silly rock, just go buy another one.

44. Flip-adelphia says: Sep 1, 2010 3:41 AM

Are you effing kidding me??? God, this season needs to start so we can get some real news!

45. Kevin from Philly says: Sep 1, 2010 7:01 AM

Seriously, there’s like = how many retired guys walking the beach with meteal detectors down there? Have a freakin’ contest – the winner gets season tickets and a years supply of PoliGrip.

46. DanSnyderSux says: Sep 1, 2010 7:24 AM

I don’t understand why men feel like they need to wear earrings in the first place.

47. sacdaddy says: Sep 1, 2010 7:48 AM

Send some gold digging Miami broad out there.. she’ll sniff that diamond out like a coon hound on a fugitive. And seriously take the things out, not like it’ll close up in 2 hrs.

48. Patsfan1776 says: Sep 1, 2010 8:41 AM

My daughters have to remove their jewelry before sports competitions and practices. My sons don’t wear jewelry.
    Like sacdaddy says, send in one of thos Kardashians and I am sure they would find it within an hour.

49. godofwine says: Sep 1, 2010 9:25 AM

My 17-year old sister in law ruined her phone yesterday. How? She took her phone…to the pool at the recreation center.
    The pool.
    When I asked her why she took her phone to the pool instead of leaving it in her locker she said, “I have old people in my family that something might happen to.”
    “Old people? Seriously?”
    “Yeah, like my grandmother. I missed the last call.”
    “So, you keep your phone with you 24 hours a day because of your grandmother and other old people in your family?
    “Yeah. And my nephew.”
    “Riiiiiiiight.”
    Why do you wear something (google says it costs anywhere from $30-60 grand…and that’s if he shopped at Nextag)

50. texasPHINSfan says: Sep 1, 2010 5:11 PM

so much poor information in here, especially the comments.
    for starters, a metal detector isn’t going to locate a diamond. What metal is in diamonds, anyway?
    second, he always takes his earrings out before he plays or practices; the article clearly states he forgot to remove them this time.
    third, why can’t he buy whatever the hell he wants with his money? A Bentley is a bigger expense that is less necessary, yet I don’t see people criticizing players for buying fancy cars. They earn the money, they can spend it on whatever they way. That is capitalism and the free market economy. You guys sound like a bunch of socialists, seriously.

51. WeAreLuckyToHaveMikeFlorio says: Sep 2, 2010 6:17 PM

why didnt he take a metal detector out on the field after practice. the ‘rock’ had to be attached to something metal unless he had it superglued on.
    dumbass