Starting Week One, PFT invades Sunday nights

Last year, our friends at NBC invited me to sit at the big-boy table with Peter King and Jimmy Roberts for a half-dozen halftimes during the network’s broadcasts of Notre Dame home games.

This year, the 30 Rock invasion begins this weekend, and lasts through all eight of the Irish games televised by NBC.

But there’s more.  Starting on September 12, when the Redskins host the Cowboys, I’ll be on the post-game show with Bob Costas, primarily to talk about some of the topics that we’ll be delving into via a Monday 10-pack of takes from the Sunday that was.

Meanwhile, Rodney Harrison and I will be taping a web-only feature during the Sunday Night Football game, and I’ll be participating again in the SNF Extra live chat, which will make extensive use of Twitter this year.

I’ll also be doing plenty of posting from the road, thanks to an Amtrak-and-mini-Madden-Cruiser travel plan aimed at maximizing my work time.  The first trip starts on Friday — just in time for Hurricane Earl to kiss the East Coast.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
18 Responses to “Starting Week One, PFT invades Sunday nights”
  1. AlDavisMustDie89 says: Sep 1, 2010 11:49 PM

Niger Morgan playing 1 game of baseball is better than watching you on tv for 16 Sundays

2. boltschick says: Sep 1, 2010 11:49 PM

That’s great news, congratulations. I don’t know anyone who works as hard as you and I look forward to watching you on Sunday nights.

3. Fogs77 says: Sep 1, 2010 11:56 PM

oh yeah…regarding:
    “I’ll also be doing plenty of posting from the road, thanks to an Amtrak-and-mini-Madden-Cruiser travel plan aimed at maximizing my work time. The first trip starts on Friday — just in time for Hurricane Earl to kiss the East Coast.”
    Nobody gives a crap how you are going to get there either. We wish you were taking a submarine so nobody would have to hear from you for a few weeks…..

4. FumbleAllDay says: Sep 2, 2010 12:01 AM

Damn Florio, you done came up! Congratulations!

5. Bmored82 says: Sep 2, 2010 12:17 AM

Any chance of changing the video format on the site to QuickTime so I can watch your goofy mug on my iPhone?

6. Taxlaw26 says: Sep 2, 2010 12:20 AM

Michael,
    Congrats on the NBC upgrade, well deserved.
    Just remember one thing, Costas is NOT sitting on a telephone book.

7. President Florio says: Sep 2, 2010 12:27 AM

Make sure you wear your suit and tie right Florio

8. Nola North says: Sep 2, 2010 12:32 AM

So there is an “I” in team PFT, or is it just team Florio?

9. Nola North says: Sep 2, 2010 12:41 AM

4 “I”s
    1 “MY”s
    1 “ME”s
    and a bunch of big look at me names!
    0 comments on PFT

10. TheNaturalMevs says: Sep 2, 2010 12:47 AM

You have the job I want Mike. Congrats on coming up in the football world.

11. Nosredna says: Sep 2, 2010 12:48 AM

NBC must seriously be hurting for talent!

12. johnthehillboy says: Sep 2, 2010 2:41 AM

Don’t let it go to your head but I have been reading PFT since near the beginning and well, you deserve it.

13. Patsfansince73 says: Sep 2, 2010 6:47 AM

Fogs77 – I with you on this one. At least when watching SNF I KNOW there will be a time frame where I can go grab another cold one without having to fear I’ll miss something.
    And to those liking this idea or think the mindless wonder here “deserves it”- you are obviously the ones that vote for the idiots in political positions beacause you have no clue.

14. azredbird4 says: Sep 2, 2010 7:42 AM

just when they get rid of Olbermann….they muck it up once again and bring lil flo on…..big-boy table?….that must mean a booster seat for you…

15. DcNinerFan says: Sep 2, 2010 9:57 AM

Thanks for the warning, I’ll be sure to leave the room when that happens.

16. juggernuts says: Sep 2, 2010 11:26 AM

I am always amazed by the number of people that say they hate this site and Florio, but continue to read all the posts and comment on them.
    Quit reading the site if you don’t f-ing like it!
    Oh and Florio, congrats, I look forward to seeing you on Sunday nights.

17. Brewster says: Sep 2, 2010 4:43 PM

“I’ll also be doing plenty of posting from the road, thanks to an Amtrak-and-mini-Madden-Cruiser travel plan aimed at maximizing my work time.”
    __________________
    If you didn’t live in the middle of West Virginia traveling to major media markets like NYC wouldn’t be such a burden.

18. steelers rule says: Sep 2, 2010 5:03 PM

Any chance of you askign Rodney Harrison if he still uses roids?