Jeff Ireland will seek out Dez Bryant tonight

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant won’t be on the field in tonight’s preseason game against the Dolphins. But Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland will be looking for him before the game.

The Miami Herald reports that Ireland will try to find Bryant and talk to him in an attempt to clear the air over their infamous encounter during a pre-draft meeting.

For those who have forgotten, Ireland asked Bryant if his mom was a prostitute. Bryant was upset about that, and even more upset when the Dolphins floated a story that it was actually Bryant who raised the issue by saying that his dad had been a pimp and his mom had worked for his dad — which Bryant called “a lie.” The NFL called Ireland’s question “insensitive and inappropriate.”

Permalink 46 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
46 Responses to “Jeff Ireland will seek out Dez Bryant tonight”
  1. GiantSquid says: Sep 2, 2010 11:18 AM

Bad move in the first place, but good on Ireland for trying to work it out.

2. JetFan in Miami says: Sep 2, 2010 11:18 AM

He will seek him out….Because Jeff Ireland wants an answer….

3. texasPHINSfan says: Sep 2, 2010 11:22 AM

But his mom IS a prostitute!

4. dietrich43 says: Sep 2, 2010 11:23 AM

“Hey, Dez, what’s your mom’s number?”

5. DonTerrelli says: Sep 2, 2010 11:25 AM

It’ll be funny because Bryant will then punch him in the face and be suspended.

6. Chapnasty. says: Sep 2, 2010 11:26 AM

I hope Bryant punches him in the face. As a man, that is what I would do if someone insinuated my mother as a prostitute.
    I am loving this Dez Bryant rush today…. keep em coming

7. Dapollock says: Sep 2, 2010 11:26 AM

“Now Ireland apparently hopes that by seeking Bryant out and talking face to face, the issue can be closed once and for all.”
    Ireland: No, really Dez, was she or wasn’t she?

8. quadya says: Sep 2, 2010 11:30 AM

we still dont know…is she or isnt she?

9. KILLER FIN says: Sep 2, 2010 11:32 AM

IDIOT should just leave well enough alone!!!

10. natelan says: Sep 2, 2010 11:33 AM

Well, it’s valid question for a prospective employer to ask since it could severely impact his ability to play football.

11. David.walden05 says: Sep 2, 2010 11:33 AM

Didn’t you already post a story identical to this yesterday?

12. JimmySmith says: Sep 2, 2010 11:34 AM

13. kosarsmyidol says: Sep 2, 2010 11:39 AM

It’s water under the bridge at this point. Ireland already took a public lashing for it, and Bryant is likely focused on starting the year off right.

14. 100 no's and 1 yes still mean yes says: Sep 2, 2010 11:45 AM

Idk why this became such a huge issue in the first place interviews like that are pointless and strange questions get asked every year to see how these kids respond under pressure

15. Nosredna says: Sep 2, 2010 11:47 AM

Yet another non-story……nothing to see here

16. Pistol says: Sep 2, 2010 11:50 AM

Maybe he just wants Dez to hook him up….

17. danielcp0303 says: Sep 2, 2010 11:50 AM

Classless. You don’t ask that question in the first place. Then when the media finds out, that’s when he realizes he shouldn’t have asked those questions. At least Bryant has taken the high road.

18. BigMikeSkinsFan says: Sep 2, 2010 11:55 AM

Its obvious that his mama has issues and if his mama has issues you should know how they work for him. people like Allen Iverson who’s mom enables his issues doesnt help but other people’s parents keep them in line.
    while it may seem tacky at the time to ask if someone’s mom is a prostitute (or was) it could also be called a character question. and you know who doesnt get asked questions like that? me. know why? because my mom has never even been in a situation even close where she would be confused with a prostitute.

19. Justin says: Sep 2, 2010 11:57 AM

I think Ireland wants a taste of some brown sugar.

20. agenice says: Sep 2, 2010 12:00 PM

He’ll seek him out and slap him around like his dad slaps around his hookers.

21. overkil2 says: Sep 2, 2010 12:01 PM

“Chapnasty. says:
    September 2, 2010 11:26 AM

But what if your mother WAS/IS a prostitute? The truth hurts sometimes.

22. DC_Bengals_Fan says: Sep 2, 2010 12:02 PM

@JimmySmith
    “What a bunch of hypocrites, what is the difference between what Dez’s mother does and what Childress does to Favre? I mean, besides the amount of money at stake.”
    Difference? Chilly pays for the privilege of getting screwed, not the other way around.

23. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Sep 2, 2010 12:06 PM

KD says:
    September 2, 2010 11:30 AM
    Hey Dez, I paid your Mom by the inch. Cost me $200…
    ____________
    $100 per inch doesn’t seem like a very good bargain.

24. Dapollock says: Sep 2, 2010 12:08 PM

KD says:
    September 2, 2010 11:30 AM
    Hey Dez, I paid your Mom by the inch. Cost me $200…
    So long as it was $10 per, Jeff can call Vivid Video today.

25. Allied Biscuit says: Sep 2, 2010 12:11 PM

bills to pay

26. -RoNiN- says: Sep 2, 2010 12:12 PM

@BigMikeSkinsFan
    while it may seem tacky at the time to ask if someone’s mom is a prostitute (or was) it could also be called a character question. and you know who doesnt get asked questions like that? me. know why? *because no one in their right mind would have sex with my mom.. let alone PAY for it!!!* – There, I fixed it!!!
    (LOL – All in good fun bro.. just a post for a laugh.. hope you took it that way)

27. FumbleNuts says: Sep 2, 2010 12:15 PM

Is Dez Bryant really a “trick baby?”

28. texasPHINSfan says: Sep 2, 2010 12:20 PM

If the truth is offensive, sounds like Dez has more a problem than Ireland does.
    My mom isn’t a prostitute. If I was asked that question, I wouldn’t be offended because it’s not true. The only way one could be offended is if there is truth to it. Think about that.

29. MarinoRules says: Sep 2, 2010 12:21 PM

well, she was arrested for dealing crack and his father was., as I recall, a part time pimp, so the question has merit

30. BigMikeSkinsFan says: Sep 2, 2010 12:49 PM

nice RoNiN..I can laugh at good jokes.

31. TryTheVeal says: Sep 2, 2010 1:12 PM

yanno….maybe the worst part of this sad story is……when this story first broke, it was his Dad who was his mom’s pimp, and then you add in the crack references, it’s just an american day in the hood i suppose…….

32. Percy Headachin says: Sep 2, 2010 1:43 PM

Dez should punch him in the face and cement his king diva title. If he knocked out Ireland it would make crabtree look like a wus.

33. -RoNiN- says: Sep 2, 2010 1:59 PM

@ BigMikeSkinsFan
    Good bro!! Cause I meant no offense!! More people should take things less seriously, and just laugh!
    And I couldn’t agree more.. it’s all about the upbringing and the people who SHOULD keep you on track.. he lacks that, but thus far seems to have come out ok.. if so, he’d be the exception.. not the rule!

34. Browns_why says: Sep 2, 2010 2:06 PM

Publicly stating that your going to talk to someone before you actually talk to them is creepy.

35. superb owl says: Sep 2, 2010 2:11 PM

it was a fair question. what do u think the other homeys will tell dez on the field…

Mama, mama, please no more facelifts
    I just don’t know which one you is
    Mama, mama, please no more husbands
    I don’t know who my daddy is.
    It’s a holiday, it’s a holiday

36. My Coke Can says: Sep 2, 2010 2:17 PM

Yes it is true… His mom told me to give her 10 inches and hurt her, so naturally I did it twice and then said she was fugly on the way out the door.

37. steveinohio says: Sep 2, 2010 2:20 PM

any truth to the rumor that Ireland really wants to know if Dez’s mom does bachlor parties?

38. steveinohio says: Sep 2, 2010 2:32 PM

Dez Bryant-My dad is a baker. My mom works for my dad.
    Jeff Ireland-So your mom is baker?
    DB-what did you say about my momma!!?
    JI-…wait…what?
    Yeah, I can see why this guy should crawl over to Bryant and kiss his feet. If it really happened like that, no way he apologizes enless his boss told him to. weak sauce.

39. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Sep 2, 2010 2:32 PM

Browns_why says:
    September 2, 2010 2:06 PM
    __________
    If not a little erotic.

40. michaelc1112 says: Sep 2, 2010 2:52 PM

Bryant gave Dez’s mother free global marketing, how could he be upset. Any prostitute today would kill for that chance

41. spartyfi says: Sep 2, 2010 2:55 PM

chapnasty: the difference is his mom IS/WAS a prostitute and yours probably has NEVER been one.
    If someone tells you something that’s true will you punch them in the face? If so, thats assault brotha, punishable by fine and prision. This isn’t the middle ages, it’s not how you solve stuff…

42. Rhapsody says: Sep 2, 2010 3:12 PM

Jeff Ireland just wants to know what the goin’ rate is for mom.

43. Asswipe Johnson (Pronounced Az-Wee-Pay) says: Sep 2, 2010 3:21 PM

Word is that Ireland is gonna go up to Bryant Jean-Paul style tonight with a “Look at that cute lil bastard…” in hopes of squashing the beef.

44. Sting Ray says: Sep 2, 2010 4:31 PM

I wouldn’t think Jeff Ireland is sincere about an apology based on his conduct. The Dolphins float a story that Dez brought it up to make Jeff look good. Dez’s mother asks for a public apology from Ireland, which he didn’t do and now he is making it public knowledge he wants to apologize to Dez personally. It strikes me as complete PR on Ireland’s part.
    He would be much more credible if he did this privately, but then again, that isn’t what he wants, he wants PR points. Insult to injury.

45. superb owl says: Sep 2, 2010 4:40 PM

opposing player on sunday: dez yo mama is a ho, i did her last nite and she sucked
    dez to other player: upside yo head (‘whack’)
    ref: yer ejected, bryant
    ///////////////////////////
    it was a good question.

46. steelers rule says: Sep 2, 2010 4:55 PM

Ireland wants a little action after the game and wants to see how much Dezi’s old man charges to pimp out mother dearest!