Mike Shanahan confident that Donovan McNabb will start opener

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan has given up trying to build any drama about Donovan McNabb’s status for the season opener.

Shanahan was asked on his weekly coaching show if he was confident McNabb would start.

“Yes. Yes. . . . Yeah, I feel very good about him being ready to go,” Shanahan told Lindsay Czarniak, via Dan Steinberg of DC Sports Bog. “In
fact, I think he’ll be able to practice in the next couple of days. And
I feel very good about the direction he’s headed.”

The reporters around the Redskins never seemed to think McNabb was truly at risk of missing the game.  Which means that the first Sunday Night Football game of the year will not be the time to witness Rex Grossman’s Redskins debut.

NBC executives can feel free to dance a jig right about now.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
6 Responses to “Mike Shanahan confident that Donovan McNabb will start opener”
  1. BigBear123 says: Sep 5, 2010 11:21 AM

Sunday Night Football could not handle a Sexy Rexy debut. It’s too soon. His heroics must wait….
    This is Rex Grossman we’re talking about here. We’re talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. I’m not just a gunslinger. I’m a c–slinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am f–king out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe I’ll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then I’m gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all it’s worth. It tells them I throw like I f–k. That’s how we do things in the sexy business.

2. The Hogster says: Sep 5, 2010 11:33 AM

You’re beginning to sound more and more like Florio. I guess Douche is contagious.

3. SKINSFANTOM says: Sep 5, 2010 11:50 AM

HAIL!!!HAIL!!!HAIL!!! the gangs all here. can you say top five D? HAIL to the REDSKINS, FIGHT for old DCEEEEE

4. ppdoc13 says: Sep 5, 2010 5:23 PM

@skinsfantom – you must be in the manic phase of your bipolar disease. McNabb will be very lucky to play 10 to 12 of the 16 game season. His body is breaking down. And I am a Donovan McNabb fan. But the truth hurts. He used to be a very mobile QB who threw well on the run and out of the pocket. He turned himself into more of a pocket passer, but never had really great accuracy. Now he is an immobile pocket passer who is as likely to throw a wormburner as a good pass. He is in the November of his very good career.
    I’ll give Andy Reid credit where it is due. Like Bellicheck, he is very objective when it comes to his people. He tends to pull the plug sooner rather than later and in this game that is something that needs to be done.

5. DieHardSkinsFan21 says: Sep 5, 2010 8:16 PM

# ppdoc13 says: September 5, 2010 5:23 PM
    _________________________________
    This all coming from someone who has never seen a great QB play for his team and can not spell Belichick. You Sir, still have an IQ of less than 50.

6. PhonyRomo says: Sep 6, 2010 2:23 PM

HAIL?
    I predict during Sunday’s game the only “hail” you will here from Skins fans is in the form of “what the HAIL!”
    Dan Snyder = Redskins = suck