Reportedly cut on Saturday, Corey McIntyre emerges with contract extension

The Associated Press reported on Saturday that the Bills included fullback Corey McIntyre in their final preseason roster cuts.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that McIntyre was not released.  (The precise word the source used was “bullsh-t,” and since we’re committed to accuracy in these parts, we figured we should quote the source properly.  We also like typing the word “bullsh-t,” even without the “i”.)

The source also says that, in reality, McIntyre quietly has signed a two-year extension that puts him among the highest-paid fullbacks in the NFL.  (Per NFLPA records, his base salaries under the new deal are $630,000 in 2010, $950,000 in 2011, and $900,000 in 2012.  Information as to bonuses and guarantees is not yet available.)

McIntyre, who played college football at West Virginia (and, yes, since I’m a West Virginia guy I’m more inclined to mention his college than if he played at Arkansas or Idaho State), isn’t only the starting fullback on the Bills depth chart; he’s the only fullback on the Bills’ depth chart.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
12 Responses to “Reportedly cut on Saturday, Corey McIntyre emerges with contract extension”
  1. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Sep 6, 2010 11:20 AM

Hail to the former Falcon. Say, I thought I just saw Corey riding his bike down my street a few minutes ago, from visiting that hot old broad with the 2 story house…….

2. FloriosAssBuddy says: Sep 6, 2010 11:22 AM

Mark It Down!!!
    Correy MacIntire: Super Bowl MVP !!!

3. litemater95 says: Sep 6, 2010 11:43 AM

Accuracy in everything but grammar and sentence writing.

4. ejtowne says: Sep 6, 2010 1:21 PM

FloriosAssBuddy says:
    September 6, 2010 11:22 AM
    Mark It Down!!!
    Correy MacIntire: Super Bowl MVP !!!
    It’s Corey McIntyre.

5. Nosredna says: Sep 6, 2010 1:28 PM

Better investigate this Florio……perhaps the AP intentionally put out false information to see if you were stupid enough to reuse it on your own blog……

6. TheToolofTools says: Sep 6, 2010 2:02 PM

GOOOOOOOO
    Mountaineers !

7. ochostinko says: Sep 6, 2010 2:33 PM

Florio, West Virginia, and the Bills all have one thing in common.
    They suck.

8. Byrd Is The Word says: Sep 6, 2010 3:04 PM

Poor McIntyre, always the victim of bad information. Remember when the police picked him up last off=season on total BS?

9. ejtowne says: Sep 6, 2010 4:44 PM

ochostinko says:
    September 6, 2010 2:33 PM
    Florio, West Virginia, and the Bills all have one thing in common.
    They suck.
    Boy am i sick of seeing these types of comments!!
    This person sucks, that team sucks, he sucks. Come on man, do you have a little intelligence to use, just a wee bit? Can we stop the sucks references? You can tell just by looking at what a person uses as his/her screen name as to what type of person they are. Ochostinko… hmmm, let me guess… A clown with very little intelligence and a short attention span. Let me guess, the word boob makes you giggle? I wish these were the comments that were not accepted. That way the people on here interested in sharing their thoughts and information could do so without seeing “crap”.

10. ochostinko says: Sep 6, 2010 6:19 PM

ejtowne: You’re just a tad off on your analysis concerning my intelligence and attention span. I am a summa cum laude college graduate and probably have a much better job than you do.
    And I don’t need to laugh at the word boob, as my wife’s chest is just fine, thanks.
    Go back to rooting for your shitty Bills and go analyze someone else.

11. ejtowne says: Sep 6, 2010 7:16 PM

ochostinko says:
    September 6, 2010 6:19 PM
    Go back to rooting for your shitty Bills and go analyze someone else.
    Wow, that actually got you to write a real comment, thank you. As for the J-O-B, I don’t have one. I own my own business’s and have people working for me. So I doubt you have a better job. I didn’t have to attend a school. I was smart right from the get go, with no help. And yes I will go back to rooting for my Bills. I stand by my team even if they are “shitty”.

12. PackAttackBackMan says: Sep 6, 2010 8:01 PM

@ ejtowne
    ————————————————–
    It was a joke (a funny one too), get over yourself. BTW, i also am an honor student at a top notch Big East school. So save your “boob joke” comment. One more thing, congrats on owning your own business without college, school isn’t for everyone…. But that doesn’t mean you are better than those who choose the school “route”. To each his own my friend….