Beanie Wells' status for Sunday uncertain

It’s only Week One, but we’re already headed for the dreaded 4 PM gametime decision for a running back that happens to matter in fantasy football.

Cardinals running bakc Beanie Wells missed his second straight practice on Thursday, and his status for the opener against St. Louis looks up in the air because of a knee injury.

“What concerns me, I don’t want this to be something in Week 12, Week 13
or Week 14 that you are having issues with,” coach Ken Whisenhunt said. “If we
feel Beanie has made enough progress by Sunday, he will play. If we
don’t, like I said, I feel strongly about who we have at the position.”

Tim Hightower and LaRod Stephens-Howling would handle most of the work if Wells is out.

(And yes, Rotoworld will be adjusting Wells’ ranking down later in the week.)

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
8 Responses to “Beanie Wells' status for Sunday uncertain”
  1. yahoo.com says: Sep 9, 2010 5:35 PM

Tim Hightower might actually be a better back than Beanie Wells. He had more yards and touchdowns last year. Wells was hot late, so what. He sounds like he is injury prone. Last year, college, this year already.

2. spytdi says: Sep 9, 2010 5:37 PM

I’ll have to start Pierre Thomas tonight. Thanks Whiz, Beanie killer.

3. Wartooth says: Sep 9, 2010 6:08 PM

Beanie Baby Wells…Didn’t this guy have injury concerns coming out?
    Something about being made of glass?
    Nice pick Cards.

4. Buck Stallion says: Sep 9, 2010 6:45 PM

Mr. Glass

5. Patriots51 says: Sep 9, 2010 7:04 PM

spytdi says:
    September 9, 2010 5:37 PM
    I’ll have to start Pierre Thomas tonight. Thanks Whiz, Beanie killer.
    Same here…

6. algoreisahack says: Sep 9, 2010 8:19 PM

RE: yahoo.com says:
    September 9, 2010 5:35 PM
    Tim Hightower might actually be a better back than Wells !
    WHAT are you smoking!
    When they’re both heathly — it’s no comparison. The only thing Hightower does better than Wells when healthy is catch more balls out of the backfield. Hightower jittersteps too much instead of hitting the hole, he fumbles more, he’s TOO SMALL, and he’s slower and less powerful than Beanie. Beanie’s stiff-arm is the best in the NFL too.
    Beanie will be a Pro Bowl back this year or next year. You heard it here. Guaranteed.

7. 49er Man says: Sep 9, 2010 8:25 PM

I agree spytdi and Patriots51. It drives me crazy but nothing we can do about it.

8. 49er Man says: Sep 9, 2010 8:25 PM

I hear ya there spytdi and Patriots51.