Ray Lewis goes off on the Jets

nfl_lewis_250.jpgIn New York, the talk coming from the Jets ends on Monday night, when they host the Ravens.

Before then, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis got his own licks in, during a conference call with the New York media.

“The bottom line is — and I’m going to be very careful with this —
we’re talking about the Jets like we’re talking about the Saints
,” Lewis
said, per MASN.com.  “That’s the Super Bowl champs.  Until they play tonight, that’s
the only people that can be dethroned — Drew Brees and the Saints, not
Mark Sanchez and the Jets.

“All of this ‘We’re the Miami Heat of football.’  If you’re the Miami
Heat, we got to be the Lakers.  We’re aiming for multiple rings.  But you
listen to all this yap, yap, yap, the bottom line is you got to buckle
up your chin straps.”

A reader captured, and uploaded to YouTube, a portion of the remarks.  And Ray’s voice oozes with passion.

The game ain’t played through tongues,” Lewis said.  “The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap.  So all this pressure that [coach Rex Ryan] put on his team?  I hope they can cash the check that he’s writing. . . .  [T]he bottom line is there ain’t no man over there that’s just gonna flat-out whoop me, so I’m good with that part of it.

UPDATE:  The Jets have circulated a lengthy transcript of the Ray Lewis conference call.  And the transcript circulated by the Jets strangely omits the quotes set forth above.

SECOND UPDATE:  As it turns out, some of Lewis’ comments were made to the New York media and some were made to the Baltimore media.

Permalink 200 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
200 Responses to “Ray Lewis goes off on the Jets”
  1. Bob Nelson says: Sep 9, 2010 2:50 PM

Just ghetto talk in the back of a limo.
    It is all fun and games until someone is killed.

2. Citizen Strange says: Sep 9, 2010 2:50 PM

In addition to buckling up their chin straps the entire Raven team will be wearing their frilly pink panties per usual.

3. KILLER FIN says: Sep 9, 2010 2:50 PM

GO GET ‘EM RAY!!! Knock dirty Sanchez around ALL NIGHT LONG!!! GO RAVENS!!!

4. Mrsteve says: Sep 9, 2010 2:51 PM

Ray Ray is so mad he could stab somebody

5. JMoney says: Sep 9, 2010 2:51 PM

Now that gave me a stiffy

6. fc1_87 says: Sep 9, 2010 2:51 PM

I am not a Ravans fan ( Steelers thank you very much).
    But I hope the Ravans just beat the crap out the the J.E.T.S, Jets, Jets,Jets.

7. Cake Or Death says: Sep 9, 2010 2:52 PM

I hate to say I agree with Ray Lewis.

8. Slim Charles says: Sep 9, 2010 2:52 PM

aww, the murderer who snitched on his boys is angry that someone else can speak in meaningless cliches about “intensity.”

9. petro says: Sep 9, 2010 2:52 PM

Ray Lewis is many things good and bad but he is a beast regardless and he’s right. Rex ryan has put a HUGE bullseye on that teams backs.

10. baldnuts1 says: Sep 9, 2010 2:53 PM

“[T]he bottom line is there ain’t no man over there that’s just gonna flat-out whoop me, so I’m good with that part of it.”
    I’m pretty sure Nick Mangold can pancake your ass

11. Bun McSticky says: Sep 9, 2010 2:53 PM

LMAO. You have to love Ray-Ray.

12. tritan306 says: Sep 9, 2010 2:54 PM

Ray Lewis.. you are the F’ing Man.

13. jaypeso says: Sep 9, 2010 2:54 PM

someone is definetly getting stabbed.

14. Marcinik07 says: Sep 9, 2010 2:54 PM

Finally someone sounds off on this overrated loud mouthed team. Well said Ray.

15. dannylaruso says: Sep 9, 2010 2:55 PM

The Jets trash talking is finally catching up with them and I have a feeling the Ravens, and a lot of other teams, can’t wait to step on the field and shut their mouths.

16. big_buck_hunter says: Sep 9, 2010 2:55 PM

Didn’t Ray kill someone?

17. LowVoltage says: Sep 9, 2010 2:55 PM

Ray Lewis is the king of yap. He has little market value outside the Ravens because the Raven defense is designed to protect and not expose Lewis. The front DL have to keep blockers from getting to Lewis. If they don’t, he becomes a non factor.

18. JEsTerS says: Sep 9, 2010 2:55 PM

Big deal, Ray Lewis is one of the biggest dorks in the NFL. His own team doesnt even buy his crap.

19. HomelandDefense says: Sep 9, 2010 2:55 PM

Im of the opinion that Ray Lewis sometimes talks too much, but he is spot on this time

20. minhw0714 says: Sep 9, 2010 2:55 PM

The Ravens like the Heat have only one ring.
    If LeBron and Ray are so equipped to predict the future, may I recommend the lottery or stock market as hobbies.

21. Airjunior23 says: Sep 9, 2010 2:55 PM

22. Nacho Libre says: Sep 9, 2010 2:56 PM

Everyone’s scared of Ray-Ray, they don’t wanna be running free down the sidelines and suddenly be shot dead.

23. Count Sacula says: Sep 9, 2010 2:56 PM

Go back to murdering people Ray.

24. RIP__21 says: Sep 9, 2010 2:56 PM

Gonna be hilarious to see fatmans reaction when Nachos first pick is takin back to the hauss.

25. birdmancometh says: Sep 9, 2010 2:56 PM

Wow, what an intelligent rant by Mr. Lewis. I’ll be looking forward to the first Green/Lewis collision.

26. kravon says: Sep 9, 2010 2:56 PM

I respect Ray Lewis because no matter the opponent or circumstances the man plays as hard as he can.
    I agree with his point completely and look forward to the Ravens battle against the New York Raiders.
    Kravon
    PFT All-time team

27. DRex says: Sep 9, 2010 2:56 PM

Hope Terminator ends Ray on the first play of the game.

28. TheChipDawg says: Sep 9, 2010 2:57 PM

Ray-Ray you are too old. You should quit while it’s still a choice and not a need.

29. smellsdelicious says: Sep 9, 2010 2:57 PM

this murderer is more than correct.

30. myeaglescantwin says: Sep 9, 2010 2:58 PM

Ray Ray is a beast.
    He’s bad ass and he will kill to prove it.
    Now he’s got Gnata and Cody playing in front of em. who’s gonna block Lewis ? no one.
    You wont be able to reach that dude when he’s got three guys in front of him that weigh out to over 1,000 LBs. Harbough knows how to draft to fit a scheme.
    Now Housh & Boldin are there to catch passes.
    Kyle Bowler must be turning over in his NFL grave

31. Meldog says: Sep 9, 2010 2:59 PM

lol…..as much as I hate Ray Lewis, I hate the Jets more.
    There is nothing new or different about this year. The Jets always act like they are going to the superbowl this time of the year.
    They talk about missing the superbowl by one game, but hate to be reminded that the only reason they made the playoffs was because the Colts sat their starters at the end of the year.

32. Nyjets31 says: Sep 9, 2010 2:59 PM

Shut your old washed up ass up Ray ,your F’n mouth is bigger than your game is at this point ,and we’ll see when our Rookie 265lb FB John Conner seeks your ass out on the 1st ISO up the middle he’ll knock you into retirement ,in closing just shut up ray…Jets might just kick your asses….

33. Los_Raiders says: Sep 9, 2010 2:59 PM

Honestly, I hope someone knocks Rex Ryan the f–k out with a late hit going out of bounds… That’ll be priceless… >=-)

34. chc4 says: Sep 9, 2010 2:59 PM

Go get em killer!!!
    Ray Lewis is such a douche. Reminds me alot of Rex Ryan.

35. mbbrazi says: Sep 9, 2010 3:00 PM

I hope the Ravens destroy the Jets!!!

36. Canned Gravy says: Sep 9, 2010 3:01 PM

A reader captured, and uploaded to YouTube, a portion of the remarks. And Ray’s voice oozes with passion……and manslaughter.

37. AlphaQ2 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:01 PM

Not a big Ray Ray fan, but I do agree with him on this. I don’t understand why Ryan would want his players to think they are the team to beat. They simply are not and everyone seems to know it other than the Jets. Unless the Jets can hold everyone to less than 14 I don’t see how they can even win their division, much less make the playoffs. You just keep talking Rex…

38. QJ1984 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:02 PM

WOW. And there isnt a damn thing Rex can say in response. Ray Lewis is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Rex will be luckly to still be coaching the Jets in two years.

39. borg says: Sep 9, 2010 3:02 PM

Now lets go get a snack

40. CHIEF ZEE says: Sep 9, 2010 3:02 PM

The jets will finish 6-10

41. georgeanderson says: Sep 9, 2010 3:03 PM

There is a reason why this game kicks off Monday Night Football. It’s going to be a fun season!!!
    Lewis, who played for then Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan for years, wasn’t done.
    “Revis puts his pants on one leg at a time,” he said Thursday in a conference call with the New York media. “He’s not a machine. He’s a simple man, and he has to deal with everything we’re willing to bring to the table as well. Hopefully, he’s ready to play. Hopefully, his 35-day layoff didn’t hurt him. But we don’t need no hope. Y’all can keep your hope because we’ve got enough hope over here. We’re packing our bags, and we’re not packing our bags to come play water polo. We’re packing our bags to come play football.”

42. odell says: Sep 9, 2010 3:04 PM

Never thought I’d say this but I actually agree with the murderer Ray Lewis. Great point Ray! Jets are way over hyped because they r in the north east market where all the media likes to jerk off on those teams and they have done nothing to be considered contenders other than have their fat loud mouth coach talk about how great his team is. Rex sure dug himself a huge hole he might actually fit in. I wish both teams would lose the game.

43. jamaltimore says: Sep 9, 2010 3:04 PM

Funny Rex takes all the credit for all those great defenses yet their’s only been one constant on that defense since 96 and that’s GOAT! He’s made a lot of head coaches in this league so instead of posting the transcript FATMAN should have just said thanks!
    Let’s just hope ray doesn’t look as slow as he did in preseason and he’s able to cash the checks he’s now writing!

44. pghguyy33 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:05 PM

gotta love ray ray

45. Nyjets31 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:06 PM

Why the Lakers Ray-Ray ,dont remember you winning it all last yr or the yr before or the yr before that ,I guess you can go back 10yrs ago ,funny how your the only Raven fron that team left ..just stfup

46. trickbunny says: Sep 9, 2010 3:06 PM

Ever get the feeling that Ray Lewis, 30 years from now, is gonna be the bigmouthed, bitter, doing-his-best-to-destroy-his-own-legacy, over-opinionated type that Jim Brown is today?

47. BaltimoreSports says: Sep 9, 2010 3:07 PM

Didn’t you see Ray murder Rex Ryan (or a large planet, I’m not sure) in that Old Spice commercial on a Raven Spaceship? I’s be worried if I was the Jets.

48. ampats says: Sep 9, 2010 3:08 PM

“The game ain’t played through tongues” Lewis said.
    OhContraire Ray Lewis ! This is the NJ Jets, the team that always plays their games with their tongues.
    The Miami Heat of the NFL, that statement alone shows how clueless many of these Jets are.
    This is a major statement game for Rex Ryan. This is the team that did not offer him, the Ravens DC the Head Coaching position.
    Big Ravens fan this Monday !

49. ronmexico says: Sep 9, 2010 3:09 PM

Jets vs Ravens?
    They should leave the tarps on the fields for all the douche that will be flying around for that one.

50. toon88 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:09 PM

… and for your listening pleasure, next we are going to hear from O.J. Simpson …. followed by Ray Carruth.

51. TheBengal13 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:10 PM

Both teams are so over-hyped, it’s nauseating. They both go 9-7. Book it.

52. Ace613 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:10 PM

Well said Ray!!!

53. MistrezzRachael says: Sep 9, 2010 3:10 PM

Not a Lewis fan..his pregame show, is show.
    BUT ,,, he stated what everyone wants to do to the jets….Am hoping their players go down like toy soldiers..and wish those mouths nothing but the worst.
    Bullseye Rexie…enjoy it..payback is a bitch…and always comes @ jets during season…when they always fail bigtime.
    jet fans..get the anti-depressants ready

54. sguy2130 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:11 PM

Just because he is a murderer doesn’t mean he isn’t right, have to agree with the scumbag here, the Jets are just good on paper until they prove otherwise.

55. ftomeo says: Sep 9, 2010 3:12 PM

“The Ravens won their ring back in 2000. It is now 2010. You aren’t elite or dynastic with a decade long drought between Championships. Oh wait, the Ravens still only have one ring.”
    Only a Jet fan could make this argument. The Jets won their SB in 1968. You aren’t elite or dynastic with a FOUR decade + long drought between Championships. Oh wait, the Jets still only have one ring.

56. Deb says: Sep 9, 2010 3:12 PM

Don’t blame Lewis, but surprised he’d give them b-board material before the game. And they’re playing for the same ring the Ravens are: #2. I think the Ravens are the better team … but he’ll have to prove it on the field just like they will. Better if he’d just kept quiet and done that.

57. football genius says: Sep 9, 2010 3:13 PM

Greatest player of all time

58. John El Way says: Sep 9, 2010 3:13 PM

damn, he sound like he be ready to kill someone!

59. lurch's nyquil says: Sep 9, 2010 3:13 PM

Agreed. I mean I can agree with being a players coach but big boy takes that to a whole different level.

60. Actlikea2yrold says: Sep 9, 2010 3:15 PM

Suddenly, the clouds have cleared and with my 2nd pick in the Florio family league, I will select Shonn Greene.

61. BigMikeSkinsFan says: Sep 9, 2010 3:19 PM

puh-lease, you are delusional if you think some rookie FB is going to stop Ray Lewis. he is going to be too busy trying to stop the DL from busting thru your weak ass OL and knocking Sanchez on his ass.
    how long before Sanchez puts that embarrassing play calling stoplight looking workbook he had to wear because he SUCKS at making the right read?
    get over yourselves Jets fans. you snuck in to the playoffs last year, beat a team that has a jinx when it comes to you and then folded when the Colts came calling. Ray is going to be all over that field like he has his entire career, he is going to knock the snot out of someone like he has his entire career and you will have to just shut up after that.

62. Cowgirl Hate-ahh says: Sep 9, 2010 3:19 PM

Ray is still scared for when that retribution hit is coming on him. He dimed out his friends to cop a plea, and those debts are always repaid. It will happen one day.

63. Marcinik07 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:19 PM

Tis’ the greatest player of all time…

64. RedsDouche says: Sep 9, 2010 3:20 PM

As much as I hate the Ravens and Ray Lewis, for obvious reasons, I really hope they lay it on the Jets. I HATE Rex Ryan and his paper Super Bowl champs. They will get exposed this week.

65. Cowgirl Hate-ahh says: Sep 9, 2010 3:20 PM

football genius says:
    September 9, 2010 3:13 PM
    Greatest player of all time
    Yeah, another “legend in his own mind.”

66. tk1966 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:21 PM

“The game ain’t played through tongues,” Lewis said.
    Thats quite the ironic comment coming from one of the biggest yappers in the league…

67. Outfoxed says: Sep 9, 2010 3:21 PM

Hey Ray!!
    Do me a favor will you please? When you are running along the Jets sideline during a play and you see Fatzo Ryan — please take him out for me / us. I /we would be greatly indebted to you for that act of mercy.
    Hopefully he will bite his tongue and cannot talk for a while.

68. Mad Squabbles says: Sep 9, 2010 3:21 PM

Everybody may just want to take a step back. Ray’s getting a little knifey.

69. jcjets says: Sep 9, 2010 3:21 PM

So. Ray Lewis talking smack is putting a bullseye on the Ravens backs. He should talk AFTER they win. My guess is he knows they’re gonna get smacked around by the jets and won’t be able to talk after.

70. tacious says: Sep 9, 2010 3:22 PM

Ray’s still mad that the Jets gave Bart Scott the contract and not him!
    I hope J. Conner knocks the crap out of your old tired ass!

71. Mikebrown_suckit says: Sep 9, 2010 3:22 PM

As a Bengals fan I dont like Ray Lewis too much, but damn do I hope for a complete smack down of the loud mouth JETS! Would love to see a tackle that gets strung out to include their fat ass coach.

72. Nambla Limbaugh says: Sep 9, 2010 3:23 PM

Ray is Truth. Bitches and cowards despise him but Truth he remains. Preach on brother Ray.

73. Vox's Mommy says: Sep 9, 2010 3:23 PM

I’m a Steeler fan here, and there’s a part of me who wants the Ravens to win this game. Then there’s the logical part that of course wants them to lose. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but everything Ray Lewis said here is absolutely true. It’s gonna be embarrassing when the Jets don’t make the playoffs. Does ANYONE even remember that the Jets backed into the playoffs last year b/c Indianapolis decided to lay down for them? People let the hype machine and bullsh*t talk influence their opinions waaay too much. The Jets haven’t done a damn thing, and WON’T do a damn thing.

74. Crusty says: Sep 9, 2010 3:23 PM

Boy if only The Jets and Ravens could both lose this game….

75. Johnny says: Sep 9, 2010 3:23 PM

Anytime there is a story pertaining to Lewis the most uneducated football fans come out of the woodworks. It is rather annoying.
    This “washed up” player has been a 1st team All Pro the last 2 seasons by the way….

76. Jack Burton says: Sep 9, 2010 3:24 PM

I can’t wait to see Pouncey mug this old fool when he tries to come up the gut. Book it.

77. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Sep 9, 2010 3:24 PM

I think the NFL should change the rules to allow for both teams to lose this game.

78. RavensFan4Life says: Sep 9, 2010 3:25 PM

Preach the truth Ray Ray and lets whipp their a$$!!! Go Ravens!!!

79. Chizzle says: Sep 9, 2010 3:26 PM

Nyjets31 says:
    September 9, 2010 3:06 PM
    Aww we have a bitter Jets fan.

80. Chizzle says: Sep 9, 2010 3:28 PM

“Bottom line is”….. the Jets will get Fk’ed up Monday Night.

81. Nacho Libre says: Sep 9, 2010 3:28 PM

Oh thank heavens! He just SOUNDED off on them, I thought it was a shooting spree or maybe somebody got stabbed.

82. Nyjets31 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:30 PM

trickbunny says:
    September 9, 2010 3:06 PM
    Ever get the feeling that Ray Lewis, 30 years from now, is gonna be the bigmouthed, bitter, doing-his-best-to-de stroy-his-own-legacy , over-opinionated type that Jim Brown is today?
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………I dont know about Jim Brown ,more like O.J. ,next time he wont get away with killing..

83. P-Town Stripes says: Sep 9, 2010 3:32 PM

I agree with Ray- sick of hearing from and about the Jets. I’m a Bengals fan, and I can’t stand either team, but I’ll be pulling for a Ravens 2-0 victory Monday night.
    Careful what you criticize, though, Ray, I saw the Bengals 2009 season review and I saw your “don’t complicate it; same old Bengals” line before the first of two ass whoopins the Bengals dished out last year. You talk too much, too, and before anybody says anything, so do Chad & T.O.

84. 69ers says: Sep 9, 2010 3:33 PM

fc1_87 says:
    September 9, 2010 2:51 PM
    “I am not a Ravans fan ( Steelers thank you very much). But I hope the Ravans just beat the crap out the the J.E.T.S, Jets, Jets,Jets.”
    So you want a division rival (projected to win the division) to win? Some Steeler fan..moron

85. Ocho says: Sep 9, 2010 3:33 PM

“If you’re the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers. We’re aiming for multiple rings.”
    Ray, the Lakers arent aiming for multiple rings anymore…they have them…you guys are more like the atlanta hawks, sounds good on paper though…but seriously, now i know where the idiot ravens fans take their cues from…you would swear these won the past two super bowls if you let them tell it. Never would know that they squeaked into the playoffs the past 2 seasons thanks to cupcake opponents in wk 17

86. cunninglinguist says: Sep 9, 2010 3:33 PM

So Ray is going to take the high road and not talk about his upcoming opponents like the Jets do…..by talking about them.
    Is this all stemming from Rex on last nights HK? When he said he put the play calling in Ray’s hands and he didn’t want to do it?
    Seems like a pretty petty thing to get his panties in a bunch about.

87. kronusthebonus says: Sep 9, 2010 3:33 PM

LOL @ the thought of a rookie FB taking Ray out. Did you see what he did to Mendenhall in his rookie year ?
    The NY Media baited him into each one of these quotes and the Jets are going to try to use it at as some locker room BS? C’mon, give me a break.
    Ray Lewis just said what all of America was thinking in that the Jets ain’t shit until they prove it and that road starts against the Ravens.

88. dlmcc0909 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:34 PM

“Let’s go Ray Ray!!!! I’ll say this and get out the way. The Ravens Offense may be just as good the Jets Defense. And on the other hand, Sanchez is not half as good as Flacco is looking. But we will see who fly’s higher (nice pun) . East Oakland lol”
    Umm what? Ravens offense is pretty good, but your facing the best defense in football. you can completely rule out Boldin being a factor on Revis Island. Jets are also lethal against the run. so your basically looking for Flacco to try to beat Cromartie or Kyle wilson downfield to…Derek Mason? Let me know how that works out for you.
    Sanchez is definitely crap but I would expect the Jets to pound the ball and be conservative with his passing. Ravens defense is all kinds of banged up. I dont see them beating the Jets

89. FinFan68 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:35 PM

I can’t wait to listen to Rex rant and all the “experts” try to explain why the (super bowl favorite) Jets got beat by 30+ on monday night…Florio could get carpal tunnel on Tuesday

90. Nyjets31 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:37 PM

Johnny says:
    September 9, 2010 3:23 PM
    ………………………………………………………………………………………….
    So has Alan Faneca ,that doesnt mean Shit, you ever heard of getting in by name recognition ,your the uneducated MORON here chump!!!!!

91. Beware Da Ware says: Sep 9, 2010 3:37 PM

Grampats, they let you stay up that late in the nursing home?
    I bet you’re the asshole responsible for Bradys car accident, you know how you drive 25 mph in the left lane with your blinker going for 17 miles.
    you old douche bag….get a life or die or something, do something besides posting on PFT 198983974x a day

92. TheSleepness says: Sep 9, 2010 3:40 PM

Sorry Ravens I promise you no playoffs for you this year.

93. da_skinolas says: Sep 9, 2010 3:41 PM

Sanchez better have ample depends ready on the side line, because he’ll be pissin’ himself the first few series of this game!

94. trickbunny says: Sep 9, 2010 3:42 PM

Chizzle says:
    September 9, 2010 3:26 PM
    Nyjets31 says:
    September 9, 2010 3:06 PM
    ————————————————–
    Aww we have a bitter Jets fan.
    ————————————————–
    He might be bitter, but he is also correct.
    Not that it matters, because the Jets aren’t ready for the Super Bowl yet and the Ravens will do what they do every year lately: Be the media darling pick for the Super Bowl but choke before they can get there.

95. Anarcho Purplism says: Sep 9, 2010 3:43 PM

Ray Lewis is right.
    Jets keep yappin’. Talkin’ the talk.
    Jets will be good, but they are mostly hat, not cattle.

96. Randy1 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:44 PM

Sanchez sucks. Ravens will destroy the blowhard Jets on Mon.

97. DoughBoyRAC says: Sep 9, 2010 3:47 PM

Can’t wait for Monday night to see how much slower and fatter Godfather Lewis is.
    He got shoved around like a Cleveland cornerback last year, so the Jets (I hate to say it) should have a lot of fun with the Ravens’ decaying figurehead.

98. overkil2 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:51 PM

“LowVoltage says:
    September 9, 2010 2:55 PM

Hey Moron, it’s like that for ALL MLBs. if the OL gets to the MLB, he is out of the play.
    You should change your handle from Lowvoltage to LowIQ

99. Allied Biscuit says: Sep 9, 2010 3:52 PM

it’s a he said she said nfl now. thanks florio. who needs to watch the game when we have junior high drams queens?

100. 3octaveFart says: Sep 9, 2010 3:52 PM

# football genius says: September 9, 2010 3:13 PM
    “Greatest player of all time”
    You call yourself “football genius”, then you call Ray Lewis the “Greatest player of all time”
    So… which is it?

101. toon88 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:52 PM

Let’s be honest … it was because of Trent Dilfer that the Ravens won their Super Bowl … and he’s MUCH better than Sanchez.
    You’re all a bunch of jokes.

102. overkil2 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:53 PM

“minhw0714 says:
    September 9, 2010 2:55 PM
    The Ravens like the Heat have only one ring.

Let’s take a look at the Jets, they also have 1 ring and it has been about 40+ years that they got it. What does that tell you? Can you say mediocrity?

103. CKL says: Sep 9, 2010 3:54 PM

Ray Ray don’t like no one messin’ with his bragger & whiner supremacy. Next to the JESTS & the president & QB of the Colts the Cravens are the biggest whiny bitches in the league.
    Ray Ray complaining about another team’s bragging is like peymeaton manning complaining about other QBs throwing their teammates under the bus.

104. Jack Burton says: Sep 9, 2010 3:54 PM

kronusthebonus says:
    September 9, 2010 3:33 PM
    Pouncey as in the Center, the FB won’t need to touch him when he’s on the turf smearing his mascara with tears.

105. Harbs is the Man! says: Sep 9, 2010 3:56 PM

Funny thing is even the people on here saying they hate Ray Ray STILL agree with him here! Sanchez is terrible, Shonn Greene is slightly better than average, LT is ancient and overrated, Braylon has worse hands than Heyward-Bay, Holmes on suspension… and this offense is supposed to do what? You cannot rely on just D, even the Ravens has a great running game and a better QB than dirty Sanchez when we won it all. This win for the Ravens might ALMOST be enough for Rex to shut his yap for a few weeks…

106. BigMikeSkinsFan says: Sep 9, 2010 3:56 PM

Nyjets31 says:
    September 9, 2010 3:37 PM
    ,your the uneducated MORON here chump!!!!!
    __________________________________
    oh the sweet smell of making yourself look bad while attempting to clown others.

107. CharmCity207 says: Sep 9, 2010 3:59 PM

The Ray Lewis ‘manslaughter’ jokes are old and lame – just like the Jets’ fans. News flash – Revis isn’t THAT good. C’mon, he had six INTs last year, 2against Buffalo (weak), 1 against Tampa (weaker), 2 against Carolina (Weakest) and 1 against NE in the beginning of the year. That ain’t nothing to write home about! J-E-T-S = Jets Enjoy Teabagging Sanchez.

108. thejetsman says: Sep 9, 2010 4:00 PM

I’m sorry MR. lewis but rex didn’t want you in ny and took your buddy bart instead. I saw you running around much slower last year and I’m sure its even slower now, we got the terminator now and I think he’s gonna give you that flat out whoopin you talked about not to mention greene too. As rex said once before “if you need to take my words to get motivated you already lost”.
    Hey florio in your biased really terrible post here you forgot to mention that ray lewis was pissed about rex saying his name in hard knocks, clearly this is all to try to motivate himself and his team kinda like what rex does minus rex doesn’t go after any one team he just says we got the best were gonna be the best and mediia hypes it up as talking trash (when really only the ravens have talked trash the jets have said nothing back) and the uneducated sheep you all are looking for someone to root against go after it. Well see soon tho, or as rex says “see what the f=

109. Gmoney says: Sep 9, 2010 4:00 PM

Florio hears a headline for you “the jets will finish the year on a low note having only beaten themselves off”

110. longestlegs says: Sep 9, 2010 4:00 PM

No way, trash talk is part of the game. Ray Lewis is awesome. Go Ravens.

111. dabus says: Sep 9, 2010 4:00 PM

With the way ravens complain about the refs always being against them and trash talking I don’t think they understand the difference between the NFL & the WWF

112. PFTiswhatitis says: Sep 9, 2010 4:06 PM

“LongGoneFlorio says:
    September 9, 2010 2:58 PM
    Ray, I’d rather see you “go off” on the Patsies, and shut up their loudmouthed fans in the process…you know, like you and your team did last January. LMFAO!!!!”
    Dude, you have such a hard-on for the Pats its sick. You ought to get a job and get out of your mommas basement already.

113. rk says: Sep 9, 2010 4:07 PM

Wow Ray Lewis upset that someone else is talking a trash. Look up the phrase “dish it but can’t take it” and you find Ray Ray. He’s upset because his ex-coach chose Bart Scott over him, that’s a fact. He wanted some love and Rex chose Bart. What a shocker now he’s bashing Rex. One player mentioned we’re the miami heat. Find me all the other “cocky” quotes from Jets players? There are none, its just Rex, all in good fun but everyone gets so bent out of shape.
    Finfan68 and the rest of the Dolphin fans, how about this? When your team wins a playoff game this decade, come talk to me. 9 years and going its been since the Fins have won one, so go crawl back in the hole you came out of and let the big boys talk about football and winning. Thanks.
    P.S. keep drafting 2nd and 3rd round picks that you have to cut the next year and that trend will only continue as well.

114. NewYorkSackExchange2010 says: Sep 9, 2010 4:07 PM

If Gaither or even Cousins was available to play this game, I would pick the Ravens to win it because Flacco given that extra few seconds could dink-n-donk all night and put up just enough points to beat out the Jets pedestrian O, but thats not the case. Also not the case is Sanchez going to be given chances to turnover in this game. Jets are going with only 3 active WR’s for this one so expect alot of 2 TE/2 RB/1 WR sets with Sanchez to attempt about 15 passes. 70/30 run-to-pass ratio bank on that. I don’t care how good the Raven’s front 7 are, Jets were 1st in the league last year in rushing and like Ray Ray said in regards to the Saints, until someone stops them, they still are. Jets win, 17-14 in a vintage smashmouth game.

115. Waitingonthe6thRing says: Sep 9, 2010 4:12 PM

RAY RAY!!! Everyone on this post is saying Ray is washed up??? Does anyone on here actually watch entire football games or just ESPN highlights?

116. Sanchize says: Sep 9, 2010 4:13 PM

wow, ray lewis runs his mouth and hes hailed as the f’ing man, or a beast whose right. Once rex ryan says something, or any other jet for that matter, all you losers whine and cry about the jets running there mouths. Regardless if the jets back it up, football was losing its smashmouth, tough as nails attitude until rex came in. Everyone was all “throw the football, he touched peyton manning a second after he threw so fifteen yards” its the pussification of america. Rex Ryan at least gave people a reason to get fired up again. He’s returning football to its glory, when we didnt protect divas and the game was played by grown men. Rex is doing football a favor, and you females who dont like him are absolutely ridiculous. He’s real. he’s open. and hes funny as hell. give it a break. you dont like the jets–we get it. quit whining about it. if rex was your teams head coach, youd be like “rex is the f’ing man” if you disagree with that, your a blatant liar, a loser, and a puss.
    Go Jets

117. Tombradysbaby says: Sep 9, 2010 4:13 PM

Ravens 24 – Jets 13
    Jets are a giant marshmallow about to be shown to the world the fraud they are.

118. FloriosHairHat says: Sep 9, 2010 4:14 PM

What’s the penalty for shivin’ somebody during a game?

119. gdeli says: Sep 9, 2010 4:15 PM

Ray’s right, the Jets have to bring it. But the Ravens have to also. Should be a good game. Lets see what each team has. Upgraded Jets(will LT & Revis do well?) and an upgraded Ravens with TJ the WR?

120. BRUTUS9448 says: Sep 9, 2010 4:20 PM

ray looked old in the preseason but I still would like them to shut up rex ryan

121. thats_what_she_said says: Sep 9, 2010 4:21 PM

the Miami Heat are also overrated.

122. RAVNATION says: Sep 9, 2010 4:25 PM

Wish the NFL had gag orders for EVERY Team! No pre-game talking, just line up on Sunday, and everyone shakes hands at the end. Call me crazy.
    The rest is nonsense- and all done for media ratings.

123. somesome says: Sep 9, 2010 4:29 PM

geezusss, Ray is perennial top 5 LB in the league, check the stats. Nobody from the no-name Jetz will get to Ray. Half you defense is from Raven cast-offs, uhhhhmm and your coach could not get the job with the Ravens and is one of many of Ravens headcoaches in the league (Marvin Lewis, John Fox, and Jack Del Rio). Jets have won nothing, they were 9-7 with Sanchez’ paultry 12-20 with 4 games with more than 3 INTs.
    RayRay is better than any LB on the JETS no question, Sanchez will be like a deer staring at headlights – sacked 3-4 times with 3+ INTs.
    Flacco will throw for 4,000 yards this year and when the Ravens line up three wide and Rice in the back field, Revis becomes a non-factor because he cannot cover them all.
    Your runners will not get 100 yards total and Sanchez is not capable of winning a game for you … team needing to open the season with a win the most – JETS because once you get spanked at home and your bubble bursts the finger pointing will start ….
    By the way every sports side I go to favors the Ravens to win on Monday, not the JETS ….

124. FinFan68 says: Sep 9, 2010 4:32 PM

@rk…way to talk crap. When is the last time the Jets won the division? This century? You know as well as anybody that the Jets will let you down again. Every time there are big expectations the Jets fall flat. I understand how it is hard to admit that but if you want to believe they will win the division and make the superbowl…make sure you have lots of tissues at the house because it will not happen.

125. Rangenius says: Sep 9, 2010 4:34 PM

David Harris is better than Ray Lewis ever was and he is not even in his prime yet.

126. Danwhitmer says: Sep 9, 2010 4:35 PM

LowVoltage says:
    September 9, 2010 2:55 PM
    —————————————————————
    Without a good D-Line NO linebacker is as effective as they need to be. This is the first time since the Goose and Sam Adams were here that he has had the big men up front…. Last i checked he was good all those years!

127. Klingon says: Sep 9, 2010 4:41 PM

I was a Jets season ticket holder for 12 years till I moved out of state. That said, the Jets are making an awful lot of noise for someone that hasn’t won it in 40 years. As for the idiots stating that Lewis murdered someone, please read up. The DA stated that he knew that Lewis had not done anything but was charging him with murder to see what information Lewis could give him. Anyone stating Lewis murdered, knifed or did anything to someone is an uninformed idiot.

128. wmt says: Sep 9, 2010 4:41 PM

Ray Ray Ray…..stick to what you’re good at.

129. Mac-01 says: Sep 9, 2010 4:41 PM

looks like the overrated Jets, who have an awful QB by the way, are about to get shut up.

130. Johnny says: Sep 9, 2010 4:48 PM

CKL says:
    September 9, 2010 3:54 PM
    ==================================
    Can someone please translate this into english?

131. GRpatriot says: Sep 9, 2010 4:51 PM

Rex looked ascared to me after he heard Ray Ray pop off….Some payback for talking all the time! The Real Hard knocks come Monday!
    Now, let’s go get a snack!

132. JMoney says: Sep 9, 2010 4:51 PM

Nyjets31 says:
    September 9, 2010 3:06 PM
    Wow I dont know wether to laugh at you or cry for your stupidity…..
    1/12/69 yeah that was the Jets superbowl victory. Atleast the Ravens have won one so recent they can have an existing member still playing. STFU and go shove eds hat up your azz. Moron.

133. Sactown49er says: Sep 9, 2010 4:53 PM

“jaypeso says:
    September 9, 2010 2:54 PM
    someone is definetly getting stabbed.
    This made me laugh. Good job

134. BaltimoreRatBasher says: Sep 9, 2010 4:56 PM

Ray Ray is a damn hypocrite. All that s*it he be talking in the pregame,talking about himself in the 3rd person during interviews. I agree on what he says about the Jets talking. But doesn’t mean the Jets won’t put a hurting on the Ravens. Ray is getting up there in age and will go down as one of the best.

135. Kappy says: Sep 9, 2010 5:05 PM

Jets are going 0-3 over the next 3 weeks guaranteed, all starting with a blow-out loss at the SECOND real game at the NEW GIANTS STADIUM. This team has talked so much sh*t that everyone is going to be gunning for them. This team was below average all year last season & got lucky with matchups in the playoffs. This team may contend for a playoff spot, but they are far from favorites to win anything. They aren’t even the best team in their own division, not even the second. This team has too many holes to be considered a favorite for anything. Despite many misconceptions, the Jets have a weak pass rush, ranking towards the bottom of the AFC, and Jason Taylor does nothing to change that. The other holes on this team are rather obvious. First, they are trying to replace an All Pro lineman with a rookie. Faneca’s absence will expose Woody & D’Brick as the frauds they are (already evident in the preseason pass protection). Second, they are a run-first team in a pass-first league, led by an unproven, injury-prone RB1, and a post-prime HoF RB2. That doesn’t mean they won’t be a good running team, they very well could be. However, the NFL in 2010 is pass to open up the run, not run to open the pass. To be successful, this running game better be one of the best in history, but I just don’t see it. Third, and most importantly, MARK SANCHEZ SUCKS. There is no other way to put it. He has the decision making of Matt Leinart & the arm of Chad Pennington. He fails to look off safeties, something QBs are taught very young. He has yet to use something called the pump fake. He stares down 1 target on each play, allowing even mediocre DBs to break zone & follow his eyes to the ball. In 2010, the Jets will go only as far as Sanchez can take them. Unfortunately, I don’t believe that will be very far. He presents absolutely no danger to any defense in this league. As long as that remains constant, teams will drop 8 & 9 men in the box, stuff the run & force Sanchez to make plays. I can see his INT total from last year growing with this approach. Not only will that affect this anemic O, but it will also keep the D on the field longer. Being on the field longer will be they will be less fresh at the end of the game, resulting in a less than dominating D. I think the D will be fantastic, but not last year’s D. Every facet of the game affects the other & Sanchez & the O are so horrible, it will have a trickle down affect to the defense (more time on the field, shorter fields to defend). The Jets could be competitive, but they are not the best team by far; not even the best co-tenant of Giants Stadium. However, the 2009 Jets showed us what luck can do, maybe it’ll happen again this year. It’s hard to make the playoffs at 6-10 though.

136. SomeFans says: Sep 9, 2010 5:06 PM

Little Sanchoke may not make it out of this game alive…. not such a bad idea is it?

137. OliverMolly says: Sep 9, 2010 5:10 PM

Rex’s only words to Ray should be, “Thanks for winning me a Super Bowl Ring. You are the man. Let’s go eat a God damn snack!”
    Jets = 7-9. Mevis gets smoked this year….

138. 1NationRaiderNation says: Sep 9, 2010 5:12 PM

gotta agree with ray, what have the jets ever done since broadway joe’s day.

139. HamBurghlar says: Sep 9, 2010 5:14 PM

I hate me some Ratbirds and their fans, but I hope Ray Ray shuts up Rex and his band of merry douches. Then B’more never wins another game all season… lolz

140. Ram Tough says: Sep 9, 2010 5:17 PM

Ray Ray gets a lot of heat for speaking his mind but in this case, he’s completely right. The Jets may have a stacked lineup but all the talent in the world doesn’t a championship make. Tell me, who was more talented in the Super Bowl last year? Then, tell me who won the Super Bowl last year. Plus, I’ll take Flacco over Sanchez 7-out of-7 days a week.

141. toon88 says: Sep 9, 2010 5:28 PM

Kappy … did you write this on your break from Radio Shack? Christ .. it is supposed to be a “comment”, not a pointless stream of consciousness.

142. Brando's Ghost says: Sep 9, 2010 5:29 PM

It’s freakin amazing how ridiculous all you haters sound. There ain’t a player in the league that doesn’t want to play for Rex Ryan, and that includes RayRay. RayRay’s just a jealous old man who’se gonna be lucky not to get killed this year. If you don’t want to play for Ryan, then you’re a pussy. He says it like it is, he believes in his players, and he can outscheme just about any offense out there. Who wouldn’t want to play for this guy?

143. greger565 says: Sep 9, 2010 5:32 PM

I cant wait for ray to get bipped by john conner.

144. Spliff says: Sep 9, 2010 5:32 PM

I really makes me man when famous black people get accused of something all the white people automatically say the did it. Even if they are found not guilty they are still guilty in Americas eyes. For example of Ray Lewis he was found not guilty, yet he is still get called a killer. I know if he was white it would not be an issue.

145. Spliff says: Sep 9, 2010 5:33 PM

146. kronusthebonus says: Sep 9, 2010 5:41 PM

kronusthebonus says:
    September 9, 2010 3:33 PM
    ————————–
    You’re smoking crack if you think that a rookie center is going to get past the wall of man that is Ngata/Cody and then, once he is done that amazing feat (see Pouncey get worked by Cody in the National Championship game, BTW), take on Ray Lewis?
    Yeah, try again Yinzer

147. HOI says: Sep 9, 2010 5:44 PM

right after those comments he stabbed the speaker phone in anger

148. BigFella87 says: Sep 9, 2010 5:46 PM

@baldnuts1
    Yeah well, Mangold better hope he doesn’t come face-to-face with Haloti Ngata…Mangold’s 900 pound sister has a better chance “pancaking” Ngata than he does…..
    BTW, Jets suck……Just ask one of Rex Ryan’s chins…..they know the truth….

149. kristoff says: Sep 9, 2010 5:51 PM

why do so many ppl call ray a killer? did he really mrder someone? I guess i murderd someone when i was sittin inside my fav. bar and looked out the window and watched in horror when my lifelong friend put a bullet in some dudes cranium. yep,i guess that qualifys me as a cold hearted assasin.

150. superb owl says: Sep 9, 2010 5:52 PM

lewis is right – the jets are almost perennial preseason picks for great things.
    they were the last of the 26 merger teams, and seattle/tampa/carolina and almost jacksonville – to win a division title after the merger. fyi, the merger was in 1970.
    but… lewis isnt the greatest ever. he has almost always had 2 huge guys in front of him, whether it was goose, adams, gregg, gnata, cody… and they tied up blockers and allowed little ray to run more untouched to the ball and carrier.
    without the studs in front of him, lewis is very crunchable and gets hurt fast.

151. Jack Acid says: Sep 9, 2010 5:57 PM

Lewis is 100% right. Jets are all mouth and hype.
    They have no QB and hence, no passing game. Any success will have to be big plays through D and running attack.

152. CanadianVikingFan says: Sep 9, 2010 6:00 PM

The Murderer is right.

153. FireJerryJones says: Sep 9, 2010 6:10 PM

Ravens win.

154. Greeny78 says: Sep 9, 2010 6:12 PM

Love Ray Ray!!! Shut those damn Jets up already!

155. Deb says: Sep 9, 2010 6:19 PM

@Brando’s Ghost …
    Rex is a funny guy and a good coach, and I don’t have anything against him. But that’s just over the top goofy. Who wouldn’t want to play for Rex? Well …
    Saints who earned a ring w/Payton.
    Steelers who earned a ring w/Tomlin.
    Giants who earned a ring w/Coughlin.
    Pats who earned rings w/Belichick.
    Colts who won championship w/Caldwell.
    Cards who won championship w/Whis.
    A lot of players love their coaches and have had much more success with them than the Jets have had w/Rex. It’s great that you’re loyal, but don’t go nuts with it.

156. TheSleepness says: Sep 9, 2010 6:21 PM

why is everyone bent out of shape from trash talking? This is football not women’s tennis…what a bunch of whimps

157. dunkingonuts says: Sep 9, 2010 6:23 PM

Go get’em Ray snap Sanchez’s pussy neck..
    I’m glad I’m not the only one who says F.U.C.K the J.E.T.S…!

158. GBfanForever says: Sep 9, 2010 6:35 PM

Wow, he really unloaded on the jets.

159. steelersmichele says: Sep 9, 2010 6:36 PM

ahhh, I love Ravens fans defending Ray Lewis and talking about how great he is.
    ahhh, I love all the Ray stabbing jokes.
    All I know is that Ray auctioned himself off last season to the highest bidder and no one wanted him, so he returned to baltimore and said he wanted to finish his career there–not because he loves the team and city, but only because he had no place else to go.
    So apparently he is the best–but only in baltimore
    With that in mind, Rex’s comments are like Tomlin’s “unleash hell” comments last season. If the Jets do well, he’ll be the hero. If they lose, he’ll look as foolish as Tomlin did.

160. fmax says: Sep 9, 2010 6:37 PM

Ray Lewis is the 3rd best MIDDLE linebacker in the NFL. Willis from S.F and Ryans from the Texans go one and two!

161. aec4 says: Sep 9, 2010 6:41 PM

by talking, isn’t Lewis doing the same thing he is criticizing the jets for?

162. ravenfan820 says: Sep 9, 2010 6:45 PM

The Jets willl finish behind the Pats and Dophins. I like Rex but he is just like his father with the mouth and will not last as a head coach…..

163. Terrell Blowens says: Sep 9, 2010 6:50 PM

Damn I shouldn’t have turned down tix for this game. Box seats, too

164. Laxer37 says: Sep 9, 2010 6:55 PM

What a relief…
    When I read the headline I thought he murdered someone again.

165. NYMets says: Sep 9, 2010 6:58 PM

Lewis didn’t murder anyone. But he is your quintessential thug. Where would Ray be without pro football? He’d be protecting the house alright.

166. MrMojoe says: Sep 9, 2010 7:03 PM

I can’t wait until Ray Ray can smash this J.Connor hype. This man hasn’t even stepped on field yet and is already the best fullback ever…

167. FinFan68 says: Sep 9, 2010 7:13 PM

Spliff says:
    September 9, 2010 5:32 PM
    —————————
    Dude, this is not a racial issue and you are stupid for believing that garbage. People like you constantly inject race into places it does not belong. Stop throwing out the race card to try to win an argument or make a point. Your premise is absolutely wrong. It isn’t racist, it is human nature. Ben Roethlisberger (ahem, white dude) is labled as a rapist and he was never even charged.

168. steelersmichele says: Sep 9, 2010 7:24 PM

TheSleepness says: This is football not women’s tennis…what a bunch of whimps
    Um, have you seen some of the female tennis players. I think the Williams sisters (Serena and Venus) could kick your ass.
    Spliff–Ray Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor obstruction of justice.

169. BMOREBALLBUSTER says: Sep 9, 2010 7:40 PM

“WARNING”…”WARNING”: Last thing you’ll ever want to do is piss-off RAY-RAY. It’s just a shame Fat Daddy Rex won’t be suiting-up, but it’s a Rat-Bird’s dream-come-true Dirty Sanchez and the Squirminator will.
    *PLEASE OMIT FLOWERS!

170. Djaehne says: Sep 9, 2010 7:41 PM

Lets see, this is a 9-7 Jets team that barely made it to the playoffs yapping about how
    great they are. How long will it take for some
    of the players to tell their coach to shut it up.
    They are the ones that are going to be wondering why the opponent is so whipped up
    in a froth to kick Jet ass.

171. RAVNATION says: Sep 9, 2010 7:43 PM

steelersmichele says: September 9, 2010 6:36 PM
    ahhh, I love Ravens fans defending Ray Lewis and talking about how great he is.
    ahhh, I love all the Ray stabbing jokes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~“
    Thank you for stopping the use of ‘Ahhh’. Sounds like you just finished farting michele. Not very lady like…. But then again we are talking about Pittsburgh trash.
    Worry about Ray when we we come to town and unleash a real kind of hell. the kind that actually produces a W.

172. DieHardSkinsFan21 says: Sep 9, 2010 7:59 PM

Such a thug piece of garbage. The exact opposite of class. Pretty much sums up the city of Baltimore and their classless fan base.

173. sportsbruh3 says: Sep 9, 2010 8:06 PM

The jets are DOOMED!!!!
    everybody knows who their fumblers are…and EVERYBODY knows Sanchez aint not top tier quarterback.
    That’s why they are trying to rely on their Defense.

174. steelersmichele says: Sep 9, 2010 8:20 PM

RAVNATION, I don’t get where you associate “ahhh” with farting. I was using it as a “sigh.”
    But alas, associating a simple word like “ahhh” with farting makes you more trash than me.
    And speaking of lady-like, a gentleman would never tell a woman she sounds like she just farted….But then again, we are talking about someone from Baltimore.

175. LowVoltage says: Sep 9, 2010 8:33 PM

Ampat, you must be a lousy Pat fan. The Ravens are the team that humiliated you in the playoffs. On national TV. The AFC North exposed the Pats as frauds. And you are now a Raven fan just because they play a fellow AFC East team? Get your priorities in order. You must be a kid.

176. steelersmichele says: Sep 9, 2010 8:33 PM

DieHardSkinsFan21, not all of the Ravens fans are classless. I happen to work with and am friends with some really nice, respectable, smart, educated and non-trashy Ravens fans–but RAVNATION is not one of them :)

177. Deb says: Sep 9, 2010 8:34 PM

@Spliff …
    None of this has anything to do with race and everything to do with what team these idiots root for. Lewis didn’t murder anyone. Roethlisberger didn’t rape anyone. But the forever-junior-high kids in other teams’ fanbases will call Ray a murderer and Ben a rapist until the end of time. That’s because they’re stupid, not because they’re racist.

178. BAtkins63 says: Sep 9, 2010 8:35 PM

All you douchebag jets fans with the Terminator talk. Why don’t you ask what the Terminator was doing versus UF? Yeah, he was on all fours looking for his mouthpiece & his teeth, but fat ass with the big fake teeth is talking him & the rest of the jets up & filling you fans with alot of false hope. Good luck with your sub-par 12/20 QB.
    Ray is correct. STFU & play.

179. Ravenator says: Sep 9, 2010 9:19 PM

Ray is the GOAT!

180. RAVNATION says: Sep 9, 2010 9:33 PM

Nice thing about this board is that most people can give a sh$t. Pittsburgh fans will always be trash to me having encountered several over the years at M&T.
    Top that with Pittsburgh’s niche of a closed door Appalachain community with a high, high-school drop out rate combined with folks who live at their mom’s until their early 30’s and well- what else can you call it.
    Nite :)

181. Blackn'Gold says: Sep 9, 2010 10:48 PM

It’s rare that Ray feels the need to respond to statements about an upcoming game. Someone is going to get knocked out on Monday Night! Just another tough team from the AFCN.
    GO STEELERS!

182. zibit says: Sep 10, 2010 12:29 AM

3rd Update:
    The whole video and all the comments are on the Ravens website.
    …Ray rarely opens his mouth without backing it up on the field, unless its against Peyton. Shonn Greene may equal Rashard Mendenhall on Monday. That was the last time Ray got so riled up.

183. monropoobah says: Sep 10, 2010 4:26 AM

listened to michael kay and don lagrecca on ny espn radio talking about hard knocks and how the jets are ‘lovable’ and ‘nobody hates the jets’. too funny.

184. monropoobah says: Sep 10, 2010 4:34 AM

raven’s secondary has problems. not sure they’ll see the ‘ground and pound’ as much as everybody seems to think. scottenheimer is known for trying to go downfield with the jets offense on the third series. this game, i think the first series is more pass than run. may not stay that way…

185. Don says: Sep 10, 2010 7:26 AM

Poor Ray..boo hoo. He will never get over the fact Ryan didn’t want him and went after Bart Scott instead when he went to NY.

186. sacdaddy says: Sep 10, 2010 8:37 AM

You Jets fans are absolutely ignorant. Now that Rexy is out there running his mouth and talkin ish, you guys follow like a herd of sheep. Monday night your weaknesses will be exploited like a freshman chick at a frat party. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

187. robsterNY says: Sep 10, 2010 9:22 AM

See ya on the field Ray!

188. Hugh Jorgan says: Sep 10, 2010 9:29 AM

Trash talk is part of football. A lot of comments, and obviously you’re all relying on PFT for the “unbiased acount” of what Rex is saying. Wrong choice! Rex said it again in his interview last night before the Saints kickoff: He believes in his team and he believes they are great. What’s wrong with that?? Doesn’t your coach believe in your team? If not, and if he’s not willing to say it in an interview, then I can’t blame you for being jealous of Rex’s passion towards his team. That explains a lot of the comments posted here.
    And those fans that have nothing to back their trash talk turn to the 3rd grade fat jokes. Won’t even bother commenting on that. Just grow the eff up.
    Ray didn’t murder anyone…Ben didn’t rape anyone. Find something with substance to back your hate.

189. steelersmichele says: Sep 10, 2010 9:38 AM

RAVNATION says: Not so fast Michelle. A ‘Sigh’ is nothing close to ‘Ahh’. Hate to be technical but your rebuttal just doesn’t add up. Putting a ‘sigh’ in your original statement lacked clarity as to what you want to convey.
    I won’t get into semantics with you, but considering the many posts against Ben and Steelers fans, I was lamenting how it’s nice for another player to get “beat up.” Ahh was meant as more or less colloquial (as in “thank God it isn’t me this time) and I didn’t mistype and use “aah” which is probably what you thought. Considering no one else commented on that, it’s apparent you were the only one who didn’t understand. Your rebuttal doesn’t answer how you related “ahhh” to farting or your lack of maturity and disrespect towards women in the most ungentlemanly way possible.
    Also, you must not have sat near me at M&T (or PSINet) when I sat next to some really nice Ravens fans and we had a nice time teasing each other for 3 hours or so. Funny how many Steelers fans I see at the stadium. In fact, every year I buy two tickets from a Ravens fan who doesn’t like to go to the game when it’s cold…I guess that’s where my Appalachian background comes in handy :)
    Don’t talk about Pittsburgh that way–pot calling the kettle black. I think baltimore has a very high murder rate (#2 next to Detroit), a low number of kids graduating high school, a significant amount of people on welfare, a low literacy rate (despite the “city that reads” benches plastered around the city)…I could go on and on. But that doesn’t mean that most of the people in Baltimore aren’t nice.
    Now, I’m going to get back to work–I have a job and don’t live with my parents. No welfare or unemployment on my end. Then again, I live in Baltimore County…

190. Ice22 says: Sep 10, 2010 10:00 AM

Let’s be honest here. Ray Lewis was a trash talker long before they won the Super Bowl in 2001 (has it really been 9 years already?).
    Yes, the Jets haven’t done anything.
    Yes, the talk might backfire
    And yes……… it makes the start of the season that much more fun.

191. MrEffs420 says: Sep 10, 2010 11:45 AM

Bob Nelson says:
    September 9, 2010 2:50 PM
    Just ghetto talk in the back of a limo.
    It is all fun and games until someone is killed.
    ———————————————–
    not a big ray lewis fan but he’s right…you bigoted clown.

192. Nyjets31 says: Sep 10, 2010 1:16 PM

sacdaddy says:
    September 10, 2010 8:37 AM
    ………………………………………………………………..
    Tell us what that is exactly you F’n p–sy ,you sound just like the rest of morons on here talking shit about people making guarentees ,while there making there own guarentees ,going to be great to see how empty PFT is come tuesday morning when all the shit talking Jet haters aren’t man enough to come on here and admit there wrong like the p—sy F’n cowards you are ….in Closing a BIG F–CK YOU to all haters…………especially Bigmikeskins fan and Jmoney ,be here tuesdays Mf’ers……….

193. huegtoad says: Sep 10, 2010 1:22 PM

anyone have any idea on how the Jets expect to score enough points to win?

194. JETSJetsJetsJets10 says: Sep 10, 2010 1:43 PM

Totally agreed…absolute BS..can’t wait to see all the Jet haters not showing up here Tuesday morning…it just shows how far this team has gone that the Pats, Dolphins, and Giants fans have nothing to talk about but the Jets and wanting them to see them get beat.
    What you guys don’t get is this is EXACTLY the environment Rex Ryan wants going in and the kind they thrived in last year..bring on the murderer and his overhyped Ravens..this is going to be a fun year!

195. NYJALLFINGDAY says: Sep 10, 2010 3:38 PM

>implying that the Jets will lose monday night.

196. BigOx says: Sep 10, 2010 6:23 PM

All the Ray Ray haters would give their left nut (or teet for the lady fans) to have him dress for their team. You can call him a thug, you can call him a murderer but one thing is for sure – you can definately call him one of the greatest linebackers in the history of the game.

197. clintcooper says: Sep 11, 2010 3:33 PM

Ravens 17-14.

198. Martin Blank says: Sep 11, 2010 10:21 PM

@Jets(x3) 10
    Are you serious, Ravens over-hyped?
    The Jets are the most over-rated team in the NFL. Your defense is good, but your ‘O’ blows buddy. Come back Tuesday, we will see who is smilin’
    Canadian Vikes Fan: Was just up to your Country…nice place, but everything is way over priced, and your taxes are regoddamndiculous….

199. Martin Blank says: Sep 11, 2010 10:32 PM

big_buck_hunter says:
    September 9, 2010 2:55 PM
    Didn’t Ray kill someone?
    This coming from a guy who wears camoflage to sneek up and kill an innocent animal that just want to forage and take care of its offspring….yeah….your not a hypocrite.

200. Martin Blank says: Sep 11, 2010 10:32 PM