Temporary restraining order issued against Shannon Sharpe

The Fulton County Superior Court in Atlanta has issued a restraining order against CBS analyst and former NFL tight end Shannon Sharpe, according to the court’s website.

SportsbyBrooks confirmed the petition and has more information on the order.  Sharpe has not been charged with a crime or arrested.

Sharpe has faced a misdemeanor battery charge in the past from the mother of one of his children.  According to court documents (and Brooks’ sleuthing), Sharpe has been cited in 10 different cases in Atlanta since 1994. They were all civil issues related to Sharpe and his former partners.

Permalink 30 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
30 Responses to “Temporary restraining order issued against Shannon Sharpe”
  1. superb owl says: Sep 10, 2010 8:16 PM

did they all go up to him and say neigh?

2. TryTheVeal says: Sep 10, 2010 8:20 PM

Stay Classy…………..Marble mouth

3. comment_submission_error says: Sep 10, 2010 8:39 PM

I’m sure all ten times it started off innocently enough.
    Her: “What did you say?”
    Shannon: “Marble crayon something shiny hahahaha touchdown!”
    Her: “What did you say?”
    Shannon: “Yubee makn funame?”
    Then the situation escalates.

4. ravens suck says: Sep 10, 2010 8:41 PM

I remember when that dumbass called Plaxico Burress “Plexiglass”..he bends, but doesn’t break…dude can’t even talk shit right..

5. DanFoutsBeard says: Sep 10, 2010 8:43 PM

Police questioned him, but had no idea what he was saying.

6. TheWizard says: Sep 10, 2010 8:44 PM

What an annoying man.

7. Hauschild says: Sep 10, 2010 8:49 PM

Dude does have a mug like a horse.

8. Canyonero says: Sep 10, 2010 9:06 PM

# superb owl says: September 10, 2010 8:16 PM
    did they all go up to him and say neigh?
    HAHA! That’s awesome, superb owl
    Hey Shannon, neigh means neigh!

9. SaintNick says: Sep 10, 2010 9:09 PM

superb owl………………….i just pooped my pants; thank you

10. joetoronto says: Sep 10, 2010 9:12 PM

Horse face is at it again, lock this mofo up already.

11. Schatt Maub says: Sep 10, 2010 9:30 PM

I’m pretty sure Dick Enberg filed the restraining order.
    No homo.

12. Schatt Maub says: Sep 10, 2010 10:22 PM

LOL @ comment_submission_error.
    I am laughing so hard I’m crying….

13. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Sep 10, 2010 10:38 PM

Helllllllo, Willllllllburrrrrrrr.

14. Meat Tuperello says: Sep 10, 2010 10:56 PM

Julius Peppers, makes Shannon Sharpe sound like an eloquent wordsmith.

15. robert ethen says: Sep 10, 2010 11:05 PM

Shannon just wanted to give them head. They took one look at his head and filed a restraining order.

16. FumbleNuts says: Sep 10, 2010 11:12 PM

Maybe they should bring in the National Guard?

17. Colts18 says: Sep 11, 2010 12:17 AM

I flew on a flight with sharpe once. he was flying from denver to raleigh. My dad told me that was him but i thought he was kidding. WHen we landed i went up to him and sure enough it was him. He showed me his super bowl ring. the man has HUGE hands and I believe he was with his wife who is white. anyways, i tend to give men the benifit of the doubt in any domestic violence cases just because ive seen women beat the husband up and the man will still go to jail while his wife gets to sit in his house and use the car he bought.

18. AbeFreshly says: Sep 11, 2010 2:17 AM

As soon as I read “Temporary restraining order issued against Shannon Sharpe”, I thought “I am DEFINITELY going to be laughing in a few seconds as I read the comments on this”.
    You guys have not disappointed! In fact, I didn’t even read the piece. I just came straight to the comments.

19. superb owl says: Sep 11, 2010 11:02 AM

neighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. pageant-judge says: Sep 11, 2010 11:07 AM

I wonder if Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner is going to suspend Shannon since he suspended Ben Roethlisberger for 4 games and Ben was not even charged with a crime, not to say that Ben did or did not do it.

21. Setobakura says: Sep 11, 2010 11:08 AM

Chris Johnson doesnt even understand him!

22. Bullet six says: Sep 11, 2010 11:49 AM

@pageant-judge
    You do realize that Shannon is retired from football and is not employed by the NFL don’t you? Typical Steeler moron.

23. allinSTACKme says: Sep 11, 2010 3:20 PM

superb owl says:
    September 10, 2010 8:16 PM
    did they all go up to him and say neigh?
    ————————————————–
    TryTheVeal says:
    September 10, 2010 8:20 PM
    Stay Classy………….. Marble mouth
    ————————————————–
    comment_submission_error says:
    September 10, 2010 8:39 PM
    I’m sure all ten times it started off innocently enough.
    Her: “What did you say?”
    Shannon: “Marble crayon something shiny hahahaha touchdown!”
    Her: “What did you say?”
    Shannon: “Yubee makn funame?”
    Then the situation escalates.
    ————————————————–
    ravens suck says:
    September 10, 2010 8:41 PM
    ————————————————–
    DanFoutsBeard says:
    September 10, 2010 8:43 PM
    Police questioned him, but had no idea what he was saying.
    ————————————————–
    Those were freaking HILARIOUS. Very well played.

24. allinSTACKme says: Sep 11, 2010 3:27 PM

pageant-judge says:
    September 11, 2010 11:07 AM
    ————————————————–

25. runtheball says: Sep 11, 2010 8:54 PM

When CBS fires him he won’t even have money for hay.

26. pageant-judge says: Sep 12, 2010 12:23 AM

@allinSTACKme….STFU & quit defending your idiot rapist QB. Everybody that isn’t a homer Steelers fan can see the writing on the wall. Not to mention, did Goodell suspend him for raping someone, or violating the league’s personal conduct policy? If the police have to investigate him for the same major crime not once, but twice, don’t you think the negative attention on the NFL would constitute a suspension? Don’t answer that, it’s rhetorical.
    ———————————————-
    #1 I live in Alabama and I’m not a Pittsburgh Steelers Fan. There is no NFL team here and so I have no allegiance to any NFL team. I’m more of a Crime Buff about the Ben Roethlisberger situation.
    #2 I feel like Roger Goodell has not always been fair in his punishment to NFL players. I think some of this is because RG is bitter about not making it in the NFL himself. He should not blow someone else’s candle out to make his brighter.
    #3 If you read that Reno, Nevada case by Andrea McNulty. She’s a Very Crazy woman and nothing she said jives with proven facts. I don’t know what happened to her and maybe Ben did something to her but the facts don’t prove it from what I have read and I’ve studied it with a fine tooth comb.
    #4 In the Georgia event the rape kit did not prove that it was rape, it said something about being consistent with having sex and I heard that girl had sex with a guy just a few days before she met Ben. I heard she lied and told the police she had not been with a guy (had sex with) in about 2 months and that was a lie. This girl just lied. I think that it was a case where she just cried rape because Ben dropped her and was a jerk. Who knows?
    #5 Time will Tell if Ben has changed or not.

27. clintcooper says: Sep 13, 2010 12:53 AM

I can’t stand listening to Shannon Sharpe. I swear they need to practically hire a translator for this guy. On the other hand, his brother is an excellent commentator. I wish Shannon would just go away.

28. donkeyluv says: Sep 14, 2010 6:14 PM

wow, is that all you guys can go off of is how the man looks. Maybe you guys can hook up with sharpe and you can become his 11th, 12th, 13th etc. etc little lady who files a restaring order against sharpe.
    Last time I checked he was on NBC and none of you were. Dont hate on the man because he’s trying to do more after football and contribute to a sport that we all love.
    Get over it.

29. Siggy00 says: Sep 15, 2010 2:43 AM

” If the police have to investigate him for the same major crime not once, but twice, don’t you think the negative attention on the NFL would constitute a suspension? Don’t answer that, it’s rhetorical.”
    Psssssst…..Nevada police never investigated Ben.

30. Bobby says: Sep 15, 2010 9:32 AM

I apologize if this is a little long winded but it has a point. I met this woman 11 years ago. She was coming out of a relationship of 7.5 years. He walked out and divorced her. Yea you guessed it….Pretty much all his fault. I believed her. I saw a woman I was starting to fall for getting out of nursing school and keeping her head straight. I liked that. We spent some time together got married and had two kids. After the kids came I come home one day from work thinking everything couldn’t be better and find the whole home cleaned out. I call the cops thinking I was robbed since it made no sense she would have left me being that nothing out of the ordinary seemed wrong and I JUST PHYSICALLY MOVED INTO THE HOUSE LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE. The cop comes, tells me to stand by and has a sheriff come and hand me a piece of paper. A restraing order is put into my hand. My co-worker and friend are standing by me while I’m reading it. It says I forced her to have sex and I hit her. Anybody reading this don’t know me and might or might not take my word from this but it never happened. This woman, I’m not proud to say dominates me. She’s 8 years older than me and comes from a female dominated family. They’re all opinionated drunks from Scotland. All her sisters are at the very least 8 years older than her. It’s like I had 4 mother-in-laws believe it or not only getting along with my mother-in-law. Anyway, I go visit my dad up in Michigan because I feel weird having that piece of paper on me. I figured if she thinks I’m a threat I’ll give her 900 miles between us. 1 week goes by and she starts calling me. My family and friends tell me not to even talk to her because of the paper she has on me. I decide to anyway because of my babies. She tells me she went to the court and dropped it and she only did it because the new place we moved to depressed her and her bi-polar sister put her up to it with the court clerk to embellish the restraining order to make sure the judge signed off on it. Since then my dumb*** came to understand she had post-partem disorder from the births and has a drinking problem. Yea you guessed it. I stayed with her because of my kids and have been humilliated a few more times. I didn’t feel right leaving my kids with her. She was great for the first few years but really showed her true colors after we moved around her family. She’ll drink and drive. I remember one time I went to the store for about just over an hour. She was stone cold sober when I left. I got home, she didn’t expect me, and was obliterated on the hard stuff. One time I went out to grab some food at a hotel. There wasn’t any alcohol around when I left. We were having a good day. I come back and my wife isn’t in the room with the babies. My babies are sitting near the air conditioning near the window which is wide open. We’re on the 3rd floor. She comes bacxk in the room drunk. We argue. Cops are called. She’s allowed to stay with the kids. I’m removed. I didn’t have a drink. That’s just a couple of examples. This stuff started to happen more often. Your probally thinking….and I heard this all before……..get custody of the kids, move on. It isn’t that simple……..I’m a man.