The NFL releases the league’s injury report on Friday evening. We’ve already updated you on some of the biggest injury news of the day from Byron Leftwich to Kevin Kolb to Shawne Merriman, but inevitably things slip through the cracks.
Thus, we present the Friday night injury report roundup:
1. Giants wideout Hakeem Nicks (ankle) and defensive end Osi Umenyiora are both questionable. Umenyiora’s status looks shakier.
2. Falcons starting wide receiver Michael Jenkins (shoulder) remains out. Matt Ryan really needs someone else other than Roddy White to step up.
3. Bills punter Brian Moorman is questionable with a back injury after being limited in Friday’s practice. Safety Jairus Byrd is back. We’ll know Moorman’s playing unless the Bills sign someone.
4. Charles Woodson is probable for the Packers. The most concerning injury for Green Bay appears to be rookie defensive end Mike Neal, who is questionable with a rib injury. But he sounds more doubtful, according to coach Mike McCarthy. Green Bay needs Neal to step up with their defensive line depth problems.
5. The Cowboys left no doubt that starting offensive linemen Kyle Kosier and Marc Colombo will return. They are both listed as probable. Linebacker Sean Lee is out with a hamstring injury.
6. Jake Delhomme is officially doubtful to play because of his ankle injury. Linebacker D’Qwell Jackson is out again, but is making progress. Defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is questionable, but looks ready to go.
7. Patriots wideout Julian Edelman is questionable with a knee injury
after working in a limited fashion at practice all week. The Patriots
are pretty deep at wideout, so don’t need to rush him back.
8. Not all questionable players are created equal. Lions safety Louis
Delmas (groin, biceps) should be ready to roll. Linebacker DeAndre Levy
(groin) is a lot less certain. Defensive end Cliff Avril (knee, finger)
is out. This is a defense that does not have the depth to withstand
9. Steelers nose tackle Casey Hampton is out. That should make Chris
Johnson very happy. Steelers tackle Max Starks is also out, as
10. Titans defensive linemen Tony Brown (knee) and William Hayes (knee) are both questionable.
11. Seahawks wideout Mike Williams is probable despite a thigh injury that kept him out of practice earlier in the week.
12. The Broncos will be without tackle Ryan Harris (ankle) again.
Laurence Maroney (thigh) will miss his first game in Denver. Guard
Chris Kuper (knee, ankle) and Wesley Woodyard (hamstring) are both
questionable. Fantasy alert: Eddie Royal should play.
13. Rams running back Steven Jackson and wide receiver Laurent Robinson
are both probable despite missing practice earlier in the week.
14. The Raiders are a little banged up. Wideout Chaz Schilens remains
out and guard Robert Gallery is doubtful with a hamstring injury.
Running back Michael Bush
(thumb), safety Hiram Eugene (hamstring), cornerback Chris Johnson (neck), and defensive end Richard Seymour
(hamstring) are all questionable.
15. We don’t actually have another point. 15 just sounded better than 14. Thanks for making it this far. You are a diehard and we like you better than the rest.