NFL players do the darndest things each week on gameday. And then the league takes money away from them for it. Here’s a quick roundup of this week’s player fines:
1. Vikings right tackle Phil Loadholdt was fined $10,000 for two unnecessary roughness violations, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. He grabbed his opponent by the facemask on two separate plays.
2. Schefter also says that Cowboys defensive tackle Jay Ratliff was fined $5,000 for going after Donovan McNabb’s knee.
3. From Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times: Brian Urlacher was fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness, for a block in the back on back during a fumble recovery.
4. Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post: Broncos defensive Ryan McBean has been fined $5,000 by the league for a facemask penalty on Maurice Jones-Drew.
5. Texans running back Arian Foster and cornerback Glover Quin were both fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness penalties, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. You don’t see many running backs get these; Foster grabbed a facemask at the end of a run.
6. From Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com: Patriots safety Patrick Chung has been fined $5,000 for a late hit.
Florio will reportedly not be fined for the PFT-on-PFT crime he committed against me on WEEI this afternoon.