Jason Campbell pulled at halftime of Raiders game

We didn’t have many quarterback battles in training camp, but we’ve got a whole lot of quarterback controversies now that the season has started.

Raiders quarterback Bruce Gradkowski took over for Jason Campbell after halftime of Oakland’s game against the Rams.  The Raiders trailed 7-3 at halftime.

Gradkowski led the Raiders to a field goal on his first drive.  Campbell went 8-of-15 for 87 yards and an interception before leaving.  He also fumbled twice.

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
36 Responses to “Jason Campbell pulled at halftime of Raiders game”
  1. BigBear123 says: Sep 19, 2010 6:07 PM

Al Davis applying his magic touch.

2. Matt Cribbin says: Sep 19, 2010 6:07 PM

ah ha! Any Redskins fan could have told this guy does not have the goods. And all you shit talkers on the Redskins, watch the highlights vs. the Texans you bums!

3. PUR-D33 says: Sep 19, 2010 6:09 PM

I know being a good guy doesn’t translate to being a good QB, but I was really pulling for Campbell to turn a new leaf in Oakland.

4. Skins757 says: Sep 19, 2010 6:09 PM

I’m so glad the Skins got rid of that bum. He’s not a leader, although slightly better than Russell.

5. Chiefs2010 says: Sep 19, 2010 6:10 PM

dude shoud’ve been pulled from the NFL about 3 years ago..
    why they haven’t started Gradkowski from the beginning is beyond me..
    oh wait, it’s Al Davis..
    I feel for you Raiders fans (criminals/creeps)

6. Zach says: Sep 19, 2010 6:16 PM

Where’s Jamarcus?!

7. allmaddenjack says: Sep 19, 2010 6:18 PM

hilarious.
    I think JaMarcus is still a free agent.

8. Ocho says: Sep 19, 2010 6:23 PM

hey Matt Cribbin if u jinx the skins im going to kill u…now to my real comment…there were a few raiders fans that started talkin really tough when they got JC…I told them to be wary of all of the reports of how good he was in minicamp…its all comign to fruition now

9. raideralex99 says: Sep 19, 2010 6:24 PM

Hopefully this will be the last black QB Davis gets.

10. OldDominionRedskins says: Sep 19, 2010 6:26 PM

I’m glad we got rid of him. However, I do think the Raiders were a much worse situation for him.

11. CountSnail says: Sep 19, 2010 6:30 PM

Al Davis: ” Where’s da cannon arm? Pull this guy and re-sign JaMarcus.”

12. Thewatcher says: Sep 19, 2010 6:38 PM

Omg! He can’t beat gradkowski! OMG!

13. Gordon-Geico-Gekko says: Sep 19, 2010 7:03 PM

# raideralex99 says: September 19, 2010 6:24 PM
    “Hopefully this will be the last black QB Davis gets.”
    What? No Klan meeting today?

14. joetoronto says: Sep 19, 2010 7:12 PM

Bruce does it again, suck on that, haters.

15. Ocho says: Sep 19, 2010 7:39 PM

@Matt Cribbin…thanks for jinxing us…you are the idiot of the week…enjoy it.

16. oaklandzombie says: Sep 19, 2010 7:42 PM

@ Matt Cribbin
    HAHAHAHA!! Yeah I will be watching the Houston Highlights tonight!!
    To you Skins fans in the DMV that don’t talk S*&# Tough loss!
    To you Skins fans I talk too and see everyday in NOVA you can suck it as I told you before the season 6-10!!

17. comment_submission_error says: Sep 19, 2010 7:43 PM

# Thewatcher says:
    Omg! OMG!
    =-=-=-=-=-=-
    Come on, now. You sound like a sissy.
    Oakland’s o-line is pretty bad, but Campbell looked slow and indecisive for the second straight week. Gradkowski has marginal skills, but he seems to understand what’s going on, and he generally makes good reads. If he had Campbell’s physical tools he would be a beast. Couldn’t help but notice that McFadden is starting to show up. He ran hard last week, and was just trucking guys today. That db Atowge is going to be sore as a whore’s ass tomorrow morning.

18. Mike_in_Texas says: Sep 19, 2010 7:50 PM

How can Al Davis Allow the next Jim Plunkett to get benched because of the weak Oline ?
    Oh, thats right Al Davis isnt pulling no strings and Coaches are Coaching.

19. INVAIDUH says: Sep 19, 2010 8:23 PM

A wins a win but that line is turible

20. Ocho says: Sep 19, 2010 8:37 PM

@oaklandzombie…i agree that Matt Cribbin is a total dumb ass, but you have a qb controversy between campbell and gradkowski…youre prolly the one that should suck it right about now

21. Vinnie88 says: Sep 19, 2010 9:20 PM

Same Jason Campbell and the same St. Louis Rams. Wow two lucky losses in a row and 27 of the last 28. Do you know how hard it is to lose 27 of 28 in the NFL?
    Stlvinnie

22. Raiders757 says: Sep 19, 2010 11:16 PM

Once again I have the sad duty of telling my fellow Raider fans “I told you so”. I knew Russel was a crap pick from day one, and have seen enough of Campbell(being that I live in Skins country) to know he wasn’t the answer either.
    My only worry is if Al Davis sticks his nose in things this week. I’m sure he’s pissed that the Raiders decided to blitz and apply pressure on the QB for a change, and you can bet he won’t let his boy Campbell sit on the bench for long.

23. raidersteve413 says: Sep 19, 2010 11:29 PM

shhhhh….
    Wait wait?I dont hear the raider bashers?
    Hhahaha be scared be very scared. THE BRUCEW IS LOOSE AND READY TO TAKE OVER THE NFL…
    Oh and a side not just because I hate the pats so much I have to say
    J-E-T-S
    JETS JETS JETS

24. buzzbissinger says: Sep 20, 2010 12:25 AM

Inside the PFT war room:
    Florio: O.k. what do we got on the Raiders this week?
    Silva: Crap, I don’t know, DHB actually caught passes…
    Rosey: Ooooh! ooooh! I know, they pulled Campbell!

25. Thewatcher says: Sep 20, 2010 1:29 AM

Lol.. I sound like sissy.OK
    The O.L is bad and your right Gradkowski doesn’t have JC arm. He will never and I mean NEVER lead us a championship, not with that little arm I will give him this he does play like a beast. But for these NFL defense coordinator he easy meat.The bottom line is the OL is bad , no mater what qb back there he’s doom.Cable should fix it !

26. joetoronto says: Sep 20, 2010 8:24 AM

Thewatcher: Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

27. Raiderfankirk says: Sep 20, 2010 11:47 AM

Thewatcher is an idiot. Same line, same receivers, the brain is much more important than the arm. Exp. : Gannon, Montana, Brees. Ballers are ballers, they are not always the biggest, fastest, or stongest. However they are the smartest, but from your post don’t think about to much you may hurt yourself.

28. tango says: Sep 20, 2010 12:41 PM

If deal al sticks his nose in Cables decsion to bench Campbell, aka dead al’s next mesiah, then the Raiders are toast. The O line is still bad but at least they mixed it up and gave Gradkowski some time to get the ball to the wideouts and opened some decent holes for McFadden. Gradkowski makes the team much better by sinmply creating opportunities and hope !

29. Al Davis Is God - tango is a fat moron says: Sep 20, 2010 4:19 PM

tango you fat, ignorant, overfed, retarded, moronic, idiotic, window licking, banjo playing, bigot: Again we hear from the high school waterboy. You know nothing you retard. Regurgitating the stuff you heard at the practice the high school football team had is not applicable here and no real football fan is going to believe a fat, retarded sack of pig crap like you actually knows what you’re saying. Get back in mommy’s basement and stay there you retarded POS. While you’re at it, GFY, too.

30. tango says: Sep 20, 2010 5:04 PM

to:aldavisisarealidiot: Your absolutely right ! al’s boy should have stayed in the game. We should not have blitzed and stay the course with dead als game plan ! I stand corrected and at 1-1 instead of 0-2 . You really don’t get do you ? Best regards, the hillbilly !!

31. Al Davis Is God - tango is a fat bigot says: Sep 20, 2010 6:50 PM

tango you fat, idiotic, redneck, hillbilly, window licking, drooling, inbred bigot: I know I’m absolutely right. I know God (AKA Al Davis) is absolutely right. And I know you are the most retarded, illiterate, ignorant high school waterboy on the planet. GFY because, as usual, you got nothing, you are nothing.

32. tango says: Sep 21, 2010 2:55 PM

To:aldavismakesacompletefoolofhimself: Please confrim that you like dead als hand picked QB , Campbell ? You like the strength of the O line. You like dead als infatuation of trying to throw deep when the O line gives whatever QB is under center about 2 seconds to throw. ? Thank you

33. Al Davis Is God - tango is a fat bigot says: Sep 21, 2010 4:09 PM

tango you fat, idiotic, moronic, sack of pig crap bigot: I confirm that you are a retarded, window licking, inbred, hillbilly, redneck who knows nothing about what you flap your sewer about and has absolutely no knowledge of football and even less knowledge of God (AKA Al Davis). Why do you think it is that God (AKA Al Davis) has risen to a position of ownership and you still live in mommy’s basement eating yourself into a stupor? I’ll tell you why. Because God (AKA Al Davis) isn’t a retarded, inbred window licking idiot like you are.

34. tango says: Sep 21, 2010 7:01 PM

To:aldavisisacreapandsneak: If dead al got into football today he would have been eaten alive ! He screwed every partner he ever had. Could not evaluate a player today that would make an impact on a team. Could not develop an offensive or defensive scheme or anything else !! .The only thing he would have is an idiot stooge like you to be his boyfriend !

35. Al Davis Is God - tango is a fat bigot says: Sep 22, 2010 12:42 AM

tango you fat, ignorant, moronic, drooling, window licking, retarded, redneck, hillbilly bigot: First, God (AKA Al Davis) has never been out of football. Second, God (AKA Al Davis) has forgotten more about football than an idiot POS like you will ever know about it. Third, why hasn’t any NFL team snapped up a high school waterboy like you to run their operation? Because, as I’ve had to tell you so many times, you are an idiot, big mouthed, brain dead, son of an equally retarded whore. Fourth, GFY, lardass.

36. tango says: Sep 22, 2010 12:09 PM

Toaldavisandhisdependsbuddy : Just can’t talk football ? dead al has very few followers and the type you are smply endorses why! You just get confused with the facts and hang with fat and ugly people just so you do not look so bad. Ever see the pathetic , leisure suit followers that head to dead al’s box and adjoining boxes ? Very sad at best. Blind followers of a has been. Maybe Mark will get it and be another Eddie D !