MRI coming for Percy Harvin's hip

Vikings receiver Percy Harvin was questionable for Sunday’s game with a hip injury.  He played, and he played well.  Until he aggravated the injury.

According to Tom Pelissero of 1500espn.com, Harvin will have an MRI on Monday.

“We knew coming into the game that it was going to get tight,”
Harvin said after the game, per Pelissero.  “Just sitting on the sidelines for a while, it kept tightening up,
and it was hard to get loose.  When it came to the fourth quarter I got
an adrenaline got rushing a little bit, so I kind of forced my way back
on the field a little bit.  We’ll evaluate it [Monday] and see what’s
going on.”

Harvin said that the hip “just grabs. . . .  I can’t really get to the
top of my speed.  It kind of grabs a little bit, and it’s hard to stop
and go.  It’s something I’ll keep treating, and each week hopefully,
it’ll get better.”

The Vikings also lost linebacker Ben Leber, who suffered a back injury in the second half and left via a cart.  Middle linebacker E.J. Henderson’s brother, Erin, replaced Leber.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
24 Responses to “MRI coming for Percy Harvin's hip”
  1. evilmajortom says: Sep 19, 2010 7:10 PM

If they could take one hip from Percy and one from Sidney, they wouldn’t need Vincent Jackson.

2. ClayMath52 says: Sep 19, 2010 7:13 PM

All down hill from here. Vikes and their fans suck and should probably hide the rest of the season. What a bunch of queers.

3. BigBear123 says: Sep 19, 2010 7:18 PM

Call you up in the middle of the night,
    like a fire flower miles away,
    So tired that I couldn’t even sleep,
    so many secrets I couldn’t keep,
    promised myself I wouldn’t weep,
    one more promise I couldn’t keep
    It seems no one can help me now,
    I’m in too deep theres no way out,
    this time I have really let myself pull stray
    Runaway train never goin’ back,
    wrong way on a one way track
    seems like I should be getting somewhere,
    somehow I’m neither here nor there
    Want a ticket for a runaway train?,
    like a madman laughin’ at the rain,
    a little out of touch little in the brain,
    its just easier to deal with the pain
    Runaway train never comin’ back,
    runaway train tearin’ up the track,
    runaway train burnin’ in my veins,
    run away but it always seems the same

4. MACK DADDY says: Sep 19, 2010 7:21 PM

I can’t lie. It’s fun as hell watching the crykings implode.

5. Nate is Gay for Brady says: Sep 19, 2010 7:27 PM

6-10.
    Fahv-ruh knocked out of the league in two weeks.

6. green man says: Sep 19, 2010 7:29 PM

Pussy Harvin at it again…worst RotY in NFL history, Johnny Knox got robbed. Oh well, he’s a gamer who practices all week and plays hard on Sundays unlike Pussy…

7. Mrsteve says: Sep 19, 2010 7:32 PM

So many dropped passes today

8. BoltsFan says: Sep 19, 2010 7:44 PM

Vikes, time to sack up and trade your 2011 second and third rounders for Vincent Jackson. Still early this season, and he can make a difference if Minnesota wins game 3.

9. Bigbluefan says: Sep 19, 2010 7:47 PM

LA here we come the vikes are going to be the LA lowriders before to long
    Ziggy will be back at the swap watching the team he wanted to buy win more Championships

10. TitletownUSA says: Sep 19, 2010 7:57 PM

No comments from any Viking fans? I hope you guys are enjoying Brent and your junior college wide receivers. How’s it feel to be down on the bottom with the Lions? Better hurry up and sign Robert Ferguson and Javon Walker again. Maybe Billy Schroeder will come play for you.

11. That's Mr Rodgers to you says: Sep 19, 2010 7:57 PM

The price for Jackson just went up!

12. Someone says: Sep 19, 2010 8:03 PM

What a bunch of assholes.
    Claymath52, unless your a 12 year old calling names your a pathetic excuse of a football fan.
    Almost all Vikings fans didn’t rub losing Grant in your face. I’ve never seen such awful talk of losing players due to injury.
    Seriously, I wouldn’t want any harm to Aaron Rodgers and if he got injured I’d not make jokes about it…

13. OJPimpson says: Sep 19, 2010 8:25 PM

Vikings are a bunch of pussies and so are their fans. AP is the only man on that team. Their fans though.. They really are idiots.

14. ACS2 says: Sep 19, 2010 8:32 PM

Good thing Childress interviewed that guy.

15. Viking Kong says: Sep 19, 2010 8:38 PM

It’s true, even with poor WR play, theVikings can still have a chance to win the game.

16. gregjennings says: Sep 19, 2010 8:49 PM

I actually don’t think this is that big on deal. Percy Harvin is not good.

17. jc says: Sep 19, 2010 8:50 PM

2 weeks people. still 14 more games. we are about 3 or 4 plays from being 2-0. supposed “football fans” on most of these websites don’t know shit. cowboys went 0-2 in 94 and won the super bowl. if they start 0-6 then go ahead and shit talk. until then STFU

18. giftdestrution says: Sep 19, 2010 8:58 PM

wow, interesting comments .. Are most football fans this dumb? maybe just bear fans.

19. Calistin says: Sep 19, 2010 9:04 PM

Hip will bother him all year. Might as well put him on IR now.

20. Little Tommy says: Sep 19, 2010 9:20 PM

******************************************
    And if Childress had half a brain, he’d be a halfwit. LOL

21. green man says: Sep 19, 2010 9:40 PM

true, the ‘queens can’t even win a SB when they go 15-1 and now they’re going to win one starting 0-2?

22. H4X0R says: Sep 19, 2010 9:47 PM

vikings,
    Say hi to the lions as you pass them on the stairs to the NFC basement.
    muhahaha

23. Canned Gravy says: Sep 20, 2010 9:31 AM

This is poor news for MN…obviously. There are some clowns from my home state here are really some classless folks when laughing about injuries, however…I do recall a good list of Viqueen a-holes that logged in to laugh about the Grant injury.
    That being said, I really don’t see VJ coming in and improving things a whole heck of alot. By the time Rice is back (and there’s NO guarantees he’s even healed by week 7 or 8), any chance of a recovery to make the playoffs may be out of reach.
    I watched most of this game and to me, it looks like the Vikings are tired and just not into it. I don’t need to remind you that the schedule gets much tougher in 3 weeks. Favre’s press conference stating that the team hasn’t “gelled yet” should have you fuming. Once again…that’s what training camp and pre-season is for, you idiot. I fear for Lord Favre’s health when they go East to play the Jersey Jets.

24. air_rodgers says: Sep 20, 2010 6:48 PM

I’ve had my hip reconstructed multiple times. If it takes him 6 weeks then he’s a pussy.