Settling our wagers while tackling the top issues of the day

Last week, yours truly picked the Pats to beat the Jets by 22 points.  The folks at GangGreenNation.com took issue with that piece of prognostication (they probably called it a piece of something else entirely), and they issued a challenge.

If the Pats covered the 22-point “spread,” they would have apologized, or something, for whatever it is they said about me.  If the Jets didn’t lose by 22 or more — or if they won (and, of course, they did by 14 . . . nice game, Pretty Boy), I’d wear a Jets jersey for a PFT Daily segment.

And so I did, borrowing Joe Brocato’s vintage Wayne Chrebet jersey.  I also invited the guy who correctly picked the Jets to win, Rosenthal, to join me for a discussion regarding Mike Vick, Vince Young, and Braylon Edwards.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans
11 Responses to “Settling our wagers while tackling the top issues of the day”
  1. Avrus says: Sep 22, 2010 3:32 PM

Kudos for taking your lumps Florio!

2. dldove77 says: Sep 22, 2010 3:40 PM

Hard to believe PFT employs two guys smaller than Wayne Chrebet, but it’s true.

3. myopinionisrighterthanyours says: Sep 22, 2010 3:44 PM

Okay, I watched all the way till the end. Where’s the link for my free subscription? Anyway, what are the odds that Braylon misses his first court date because he drops the summons?

4. barking mad says: Sep 22, 2010 3:50 PM

I owe Rosenthal an apology, I made fun of him for looking like a 12 year old, but dude looks at least 15, sorry g

5. President Florio says: Sep 22, 2010 3:53 PM

Greg should have wore a Jets tie

6. recent says: Sep 22, 2010 3:59 PM

I knew Brocato would have a Chrebet jersey, although as I mentioned in the original post, a Favre jersey may be more appropriate for the loser of a bet. You should have to win a bet to get the Chrebet jersey!

7. ChicagoJo says: Sep 22, 2010 4:07 PM

So what kind of wager do you want to make with me to wear a Cutler jersey next week? Or better yet, a Favre packers jersey.

8. jediwrstlr says: Sep 22, 2010 4:29 PM

Wow, I can honestly say I am immpressed that you held up your end of it.

9. comment_submission_error says: Sep 22, 2010 9:05 PM

You had to borrow a jersey? What a tool. You should have bought a Braylon Edwards jersey at retail price and done the piece while working an adult beverage. Are you sure you’re Italian?

10. Hooded swan says: Sep 23, 2010 4:20 AM

A 22 point spread? A 22 Point Spread?? A 22 POINT SPREAD??? Don’t ever, ever, let this guy get anywhere near a bookie…

11. Fintastic-n-Dallas says: Sep 23, 2010 5:36 AM

Looks like George Stephenapolous and the actor from The Office talking about football.