Our “15 things to know” about the injury report feature was such a rousing success last week, we’re going to do it again. We’re even adding a thing to know. (And by rousing success, I mean the hate mail was less than usual.)
1. Falcons wide receiver Michael Jenkins may make his 2010 debut. He’s questionable with a shoulder injury after being limited practice all week. Running back Michael Turner is probable after sitting out most of last week’s game.
2. It will be interesting to see who backs up Pierre Thomas for the Saints. Deshawn Wynn is now on the practice squad, and preseason sensation Chris Ivory could make his debut after returning to practice this week. He’s probable.
3. The Bengals defense is banged up. Defensive end Jonathan Fanene (hamstring) is out. Pacman Jones is doubtful. Defensive ends Antwan Odom (wrist) and Frostee Rucker (toe) are questionable.
4. The Panthers still don’t have mauling right tackle Jeff Otah back. He’s doubtful. At least cornerback Chris Gamble is off the injury report.
5. Unlike the Browns, the Ravens don’t really have anyone up in the air. Three players are out: tackle Jared Gaither
(back), linebacker Tavares Gooden (shoulder), and wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth
(foot). Nine players are probable.
6. Cowboys wideout Dez Bryant is probable with sore ribs. Tight end
Jason Witten is probable after practicing all week despite suffering a
7. Texans wideout Andre Johnson is questionable with an ankle injury
after being limited in practice all week. But coach Gary Kubiak
confirmed Johnson will play barring setbacks. The Texans are healthy
8. Raiders guard Robert Gallery will miss another week, as will wideout Chaz Schilens. Michael Bush, probable with a thumb injury, will make his 2010 debut.
9. Cardinals guard Alan Faneca was added to the injury report Friday after a limited practice because of a back injury. Running back Beanie Wells (knee) and wide receiver Steve Breaston (knee) are both questionable, but seem likely to play.
10. The Eagles have no one questionable or worse. Kudos. Their opponent, the Jaguars, ruled out linebacker Justin Durant.
11. Steelers defensive tackle Casey Hampton is back after missing last week’s game. He’s probable with a hamstring injury. Quarterback Dennis Dixon and guard Trai Essex are out, but otherwise the Steelers are healthy.
12. Chargers running back Ryan Mathews is officially doubtful with his ankle injury. Two Chargers linebackers — Larry English and Stephen Cooper — are questionable.
13. Seahawks rookie tackle Russell Okung (ankle) will miss his third straight game.
14. With 49ers linebacker Takeo Spikes questionable with a knee injury, rookie Navarro Bowman could get his first NFL start. Spikes didn’t practice all week.
15. The Rams may have the most injured players on their roster of any team. Seven Rams are doubtful or out, including wide receiver Laurent Robinson (doubtful, foot) and defensive tackle Clifton Ryan, who is doubtful with migraines.
16. Jets center Nick Mangold and linebacker Jason Taylor are both questionable, but both are fully expected to play.