Patriots defensive back arrested

As the arrest meter continues to reset on a regular basis, the latest guy to send the thing back to double zeroes plays for the Patriots.

Per WEEI.com, defensive back Bret Lockett was arrested in Providence, Rhode Island for disorderly conduct and “failure to move” outside a club.

The arrest came earlier today.  The Boston Globe reports that it happened between 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m.

Jets fans instantly will wonder whether the Patriots will be pressured to deactivate Lockett.  In his case, it’s a moot point.  Lockett currently is on injured reserve, and he won’t be eligible to play for the Patriots at any point this year.

Lockett was claimed via waivers in 2009.  He appeared in 10 games before being placed on injured reserve in December.

51 responses to “Patriots defensive back arrested

1. I’m sorry, this must be a typo. Only the Jets have thugs on their team…at least that is what the media would have you believe.

2. “Was Belicheat videotaping? Ur hur hur hur.”
    – Slack jawed fan of one of the other 31 NFL teams, before he goes back to having relations with his sister

3. non story…never even heard of the guy
    & who gives a shit what Jets fans will think about this anyway????
    this story is a moot point….

4. i at least thought it would be kyle arrington or somebody who mattered. guy doesnt even go to the patriots training facility.

5. honestly, who gives a damn what most (not all, there are exceptions) jets fans think?
    no other fanbase understands the NFL worse than them.
    as for Lockett, i didnt even know we still had him and really, “failure to move?” lol what a criminal.
    i mean it is totally comparable to braylon DRUNK DRIVING at 5:15 am! right?
    ^exactly why jets fans know nothing. they would compare this to braylon haha

6. I agree with Mike Fatcessa of WFAN, obviously the Patriots are an undisciplined team. Their head coach is to blame.
    What a joke of an organization.

7. CanadianBillsFan says:
    September 25, 2010 5:42 PM
    Was kinda hoping to see Butler’s name here.
    haha trust me.. youd rather face Butler tommorrow.. hes sucked
    and AT LEAST IT WASNT A DUI

8. “failure to move” is obviously code for the fascist pigs to arrest somebody without cause…it is a police state, WAKE UP PEOPLE!, and anything the cops do is suspect…just like the anti-war activists whose homes were raided today in chicago and elsewhere are going to be labeled enemies of the state…stand up before it is too late and we are all wearing armbands and jackboots…

9. @thegreenelantern
    No the national media did it more like this:
    “Darrelle Revis is the best player in NFL history!!!”
    “Rex Ryan is so great!”
    “Super Bowl this year!!!”
    “Mark Sanchez is very good QB!!”
    *all of the above are completeley false
    Then after the sexual harassment (the turning point):
    “The Jets are so classless”
    “Braylon Edwards is a moron”
    “Mark Sanchez sucks”
    *all of the above are true to some degree

10. # Patriots51 says: September 25, 2010 6:20 PM
    CanadianBillsFan says:
    September 25, 2010 5:42 PM
    Was kinda hoping to see Butler’s name here.
    haha trust me.. youd rather face Butler tommorrow.. hes sucked
    and AT LEAST IT WASNT A DUI
    ___________________________________
    We can use all the help we can get… and we’re still going to lose. I’ve got no illusions about how bad the Bills are right now and all I’ve really got to say is Go Andre Luck!

11. “Jets fans instantly will wonder whether the Patriots will be pressured to deactivate Lockett.”
    Nope we were wondering how you were going to work the Jets into your story – yet again.
    Give it a rest Florio, seriously.

12. Yeah Im sure Pats fans will still talk about how it was such a great idea to get rid of Asante. How many Pro-Bowl CB’s have you had since he left?

13. CollegeToPros says:
    September 25, 2010 6:05 PM
    no other fanbase understands the NFL worse than them.
    ————————————————————————————-Really, you mean you Patsie fans, who all jumped on a bandwagon in 2001 know anything about football. You people can’t even name any Patriot QB’s other than Bledsoe and Brady or a coach other than Bellicheat.

14. MUSTANGMIKE says:
    September 25, 2010 5:27 PM
    Providence in house!!!
    ————————————————-
    Rick says:
    September 25, 2010 6:19 PM
    Providence is awesome!!
    ————————————————
    Yeeeessssssssssss! Go Friars! Go P-Bruins!
    Okay, back on point…who is this guy…?

15. Listen aholes, the point of the Braylon Edwards talk is to raise the bar of what we expect out of pro athletes. To me, this sounds like a pretty minor offense, and the dude isn’t active, BUT when a DUI/DWI happens to a good player on one of your teams I hope you go quietly and accept the criticism when your team fails to suspend just like the jets did.

16. Don’t you need to at least suit up for a game to be called a “Patriots defensive back”? You should have headlined it, “Patriots welfare recipient”.

17. I wasn’t even aware you could be arrested for “failure to move”.. isn’t that the same criminal intensity as jaywalking and littering? Sounds like something you’d only be arrested for if you’re famous and the cop wants his 15 minutes of fame for arresting an NFL player… and no, I am not a Patriots fan, and I dislike Tom Brady. I just don’t think that something like “failure to move” should even be mentioned in the same sentence with DWI, bringing firearms into airports, drug problems, and assault… unless that sentence is saying they shouldn’t be in the same sentence..

18. Jets fans instantly will wonder whether the Patriots will be pressured to deactivate Lockett. In his case, it’s a moot point. Lockett currently is on injured reserve, and he won’t be eligible to play for the Patriots at any point this year.
    Speaking as a Jet Fan, I hardly think this is compariable to what Braylon did. I’ll stay a Jet Fan, but I think you’re stupid when you have as many options as Braylon had and chose not to use them. He could’ve injured/killed himself or others. There is a difference and we’re smart enough to know this.

19. # jcjets says: September 25, 2010 9:25 PM
    ___________________________________
    I’m a Pats fan who HATES the Jets but they had ZERO options to do anything with Braylon so you won’t see me ragging on them about it. I think that is something that is very wrong with the CBA (not being able to suspend/deactivate guys even with pay and not being able to do it at all with these “substance abuse” cases) but I doubt the union agrees.
    I personally am VERY disgusted when players on the team I root for get in trouble and the more highly I thought of them the angrier I am.

20. Brett Lockett is an IR’d Patriot because he isn’t good enough to take a role on special teams and will likely be overtaken by Josh Barrett or Jarrad Page.
    Oh well. I wonder when he will be released.

21. How the heck does that make him a thug? Wow. People need to remove the thongs from between their arsecheeks. LOL again, wow……people need to go back to dictionary and study what a real thug is….lol A cop gets ignorant with someone and its likely rude with the guy and likely cussed at the guy and ignorantly incited the anger in him by yelling at him to move…the guy gets angry and says, Im not going anywhere in a defensive attitude….how is that a thug? A thug is a crook….hello?

22. Igottz5onit says:
    September 25, 2010 5:30 PM
    Typical patriots scumbag.
    ____________________________
    Yeah, but he still aint a serial raping Steelers QB. Until your boyfriend Rapistberger starts practicing “failure to rape” the Steelers will always be scummiest team in NFL history. Douchebag.

23. The Patriots must be a pretty big deal if a non-story like this gets 50 comments. One whiff of their ass and all the Pat haters come running, armed with their keyboards and pale skin from living in their parents’ basement. Here’s a concept: Get a life!