Pierre Garcon ruled out for Sunday

Three Indianapolis Colts players, including two starters, didn’t travel with the team for Sunday’s game in Denver.

Wide receiver Pierre Garcon, linebacker Clinton Session, and cornerback Brandon King were all ruled out Saturday, according to Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com.

With wideout Anthony Gonzalez also out, Peyton Manning will look more to Austin Collie and possibly backup tight end Brody Eldridge.  The Broncos rush defense has given up 4.5 yards-per-carry, so it also could be another high volume day for the Colts rushing attack.

The Colts signed wideout Blair White off the practice squad. Linebacker Ramon Humber has been “waived/injured”.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
13 Responses to “Pierre Garcon ruled out for Sunday”
  1. DYNASTY says: Sep 25, 2010 7:25 PM

Just dropped Gonzalez, guys been a bust plain and simple. All he’s done for me in 2 years is sit on the bench and get me zero points.

2. buddha says: Sep 25, 2010 7:40 PM

I think I’ll have to play Austin Collie on my fantasy team.Even with Andre Johnsons ankle injury, he has to be a lock. Brandon Marshall may have to take a seat this week while I go with Johnson, Maclin and Collie. My third WR spot is pretty much between Maclin and Marshall, but Maclin has had 1 TD in both games so until Marshall can start producing, Im going to have to rotate him in between Maclin and Collie, depending on the matchups. Would anyone else agree, or is this a dumb move??

3. Al Bundy says: Sep 25, 2010 7:40 PM

whatevs. dude’s caught like 3 passes so far, plus a huge drop in the houston game. lost some of The Sheriff’s trust on that one.
    Eldridge is a beast, and with the two tight end sets…….. Eldridge/Clark….. OMG.
    huge day for Manning.

4. rgonutz says: Sep 25, 2010 8:01 PM

lets go Blair!

5. sullijo says: Sep 25, 2010 8:05 PM

If the Broncos CBs were healthy, this might make a difference, but they’re not…..
    Can an 80% Champ Bailey cover Collie all day??

6. Austskate says: Sep 25, 2010 8:07 PM

Not a big deal. Peyton could be throwing to Carlos Rogers and the Colts would be fine.

7. winslow says: Sep 25, 2010 8:39 PM

Manning will love Blair White, who runs disciplined patterns and has good hands. Don’t be surprised if White takes Gonzalez’ job.

8. Franchise says: Sep 25, 2010 8:40 PM

Looks like Collie will be a huge target come Sunday.
    Wayne will also love it, with Champ out as well.

9. Nemesis says: Sep 25, 2010 10:10 PM

Pierre Garcon is a poor man’s Chris Chambers – they have the same poor hands and one-dimensionality to their routes ..the year Chambers had his break-out season was playing a role similar to Garcon’s but the next season they tried to make him run a more complete set of routes and he bombed spectacularly.

10. FumbleNuts says: Sep 25, 2010 10:45 PM

I believe Manning already ruled Wide receiver Pierre Garcon out?

11. The Black Cat says: Sep 25, 2010 11:04 PM

I’m not even sure the Colts can score this weekend.

12. allinSTACKme says: Sep 26, 2010 2:16 AM

buddha says:
    September 25, 2010 7:40 PM
    ————————————————–
    One thing to keep in mind: B. Marsh has a history of dominating Cromartie.

13. Codebeard says: Sep 26, 2010 10:14 AM

Collie has done well by me in the first two weeks of my league. I have him starting again this week, but this definitely solidifies that position.