Video emerges of Shaun Smith grabbing Anthony Davis's junk

We previously noted that 49ers offensive tackle Anthony Davis accused Chiefs defensive tackle Shaun Smith of grabbing his genitals during Sunday’s game. Now video of the incident has emerged.

The video appears to back up Davis’s account of what happened: That Smith grabbed his crotch, Davis reacted by slugging Smith, and the officials gave Davis a 15-yard penalty for retaliating without ever seeing what Smith had done to provoke the retaliation.

Davis is the second opponent this season to accuse Smith of grabbing his junk; Browns center Alex Mack Mack also said Smith grabbed his genitals.

Smith didn’t receive any league discipline after Mack made his accusation. But now that there’s a second accusation, along with video evidence, it’s time for the league office to come down hard on Smith.

132 responses to “Video emerges of Shaun Smith grabbing Anthony Davis's junk

1. “come down hard” on Smith.
    Of course.
    This is nothing, though–the Biqueens have been grabbing man-junk for decades
    (of course, it’s been off the field much more than on it, but tugging wang is tugging wang, right Favrophiles?)

2. OK, maybe I’m breaking sacred ground here… but starting in college 2 things happen.
    1. People stop wearing cups because they slow you down.
    2. People grab junk in the pile.
    I was a tight end at a D-1AA college, when I got tackled it was #1, protect the ball. #2, protect the nuts.

3. He wasn’t trying to hurt Davis. That’s just what the locals call a “Kansas City How Do You Do?”
    Happens all the time in KC.

4. Shaun Smith is a butt head and a downlow brotha, in other words – HE REALLY LOVES MEN!!!!
    Dont know why Romeo Crennel keeps putting up with him

5. Come down on him for what exactly? If the NFL fines him for that then Brett farve should be 81838444533555 dollars in debt for his years of ass smacking

6. Oh this is going to a great thread – 100 post or more. Can’t wait ……….Should be some real good laughs.

7. must you use words like “Come down hard” in reference to this story?
    This dude is looney and needs an ass whoopin

8. Does this video proof classify itself as evidence of sexual assault? I mean…if I were to walk down the street and grab a woman or another man in their genitals, I would be charged for sexual assault. Are there grounds for a sexual assault case; since the Commissioner is all P.C. and all?

9. As long as the NFL allows these degenerates to play, these disgusting things will continue to happen.
    Celebrities and athletes aren’t ever held accountable for what they do. (See Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Donte Stallworth, etc.). None of their punishments fit their crimes. If I got drunk and killed someone I would be in jail for three years at least, if I raped two different women I would be in jail for years, if I ran a dog fighting operation, yep, years in jail.
    Everyone… EVERYONE must be held accountable for their actions. Shaun Smith is a sexual predator. There is no place in society for a man like that. Lock him up.

10. What would be the discipline for this? I mean, it was during the play and wasn’t really obvious…Now if he straight up grab his crotch after the play or played around with the crotch a little longer then yeah, I could see being disciplined. Video don’t lie though, he’s got a fever and the only cure is sack grab’n!

11. I can’t believe that in a world where Jimmy Johnson endorses Enzyte, that Shaun Smith is guilty of doing anything more than simply finding out if he’s “normal”.

12. 1. lol.
    2. I would of punched him too.
    3. As a 9er fan, this article will open the flood gates at ”SF is gay”, ”9ers suck” comments all day on this thread. If you’re gonna make them, be funny ok.
    Ahhhhh crap, can’t my misery from being 0-3 just be in silence? Thanks Singletary for empty promises. “Don’t tell me, show me.” lol

13. “…it’s time for the league office to come down hard on Smith.”
    Umm, I am pretty sure that’s just what Smith is looking for.

14. man, if that happened to me on the field I’d have done much more than kidney punch him one time. i’d have ripped his helmet off and beat him over the head with it, f*ckin dirtbag. that should be a multiple game suspension.

15. I can’t see anything in that video. Still, Roethlisberger got 4 weeks with less evidence of sexual assault … and this is the 2nd accusation against Smith so …

16. This gives a whole new meaning to horse collaring someone! There is an unwritten rule that if a dude grabs your Junk, he has to send flowers afterward! Please keep us informed, thanks

17. remember what they say…”one man’s junk is another man’s treasure”. I guess Shaun is a treasure seeker!

18. Can we please start calling this “Junkgate” in the hope that it will highlight the absurdity of ending any scandal with ‘-gate’?

19. I’m just glad they got this on video. Suspension time. If you can get suspended for allegedly molesting someone at a night club, you should get the same amount for doing it on video on national television.

20. Figures. I think Smith missed his calling. If he likes the touchy feely so much, maybe he shoulda played center so he could get off on the QB copping a feel.
    I hope the chiefs players have their soap-on-a-rope in the locker room showers.

21. While it’s questionable, at best, to grab another guy’s junk in ANY situation, it’s always the second guy that gets flagged for the 15. Always been that way. Now why would he want to grab another man’s package…that’s the real question.

22. I didn’t see anything. Nothing conclusive here. BS, just more media fantasy, trying to stir something up that isn’t there.

23. There’s nothing wrong with being gay, and there’s not even evidence that this indicates that Smith is gay anyway (anymore than Brandon Spikes’ eye-gouging incident indicates that he’s a Fourth Stooge), but this is definitely up there with the other crotch-grabbing, spitting, biting, etc. that takes place in the dogpile, and needs to be punished.

24. Florio your a lawyer, couldnt this someway be legally construed as sexual harassment? I know if a man touch’s a women in the wrong spot, whether sexual in nature or not, can be in some big trouble. Would this not apply? i mean its not an accidental touch either. plus there is a history considering another person has made the same complaint.

25. But now that there’s a second accusation, along with video evidence, it’s time for the league office to come down hard on Smith.
    “hard on”
    LMAO

26. This should be the first time ever the Turd Counter is reset without an arrest – based solely on principal.. This is a heinous crime committed by man, against man. Way worse then what Jeremy Stevens did is Seattle to that Raider LB and a little worse then that Offensive Lineman that blasted that Defensive Lineman in the package with a right hook a few years back..
    Do the right thing Florio, reset the counter..

27. A kid on my H.S. football team grabbed the junk an opposing team’s RB at the end of a play (under a pile of players). The RB had to be taken off the field by ambulance and walked with a cane for a few weeks afterwards. True Story.

28. WEAR A CUP. Not too difficult, unless you are a glutton for self-punishment. Does that also scream come and get them?
    Maybe Smith wants the league to “come down hard” on him.

29. I’d suspend him for 8 games. I would not go even a game less, this is disgusting.

30. There is difference in hitting a guy in the junk, and grabbing his junk. Yes both can cause pain, but as Carl Childers would say, one is funny ha-ha, and one is funny queer. Um hmm

31. alpha9er says:
    September 28, 2010 2:59 PM
    I hope the chiefs players have their soap-on-a-rope in the locker room showers.
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………….
    Best F’n comment so far …lmfao

32. Could someone quote the NFL rulebook to specify exactly what rule he’s breaking? I mean, these guys basically smash each others bodies as hard as they can on every play. Is there special protection in the rules for genitals?
    The video is laughably ambiguous. Honestly, it just looks like a pileup and people are pushing out randomly to either get in on it or keep others off of it. Looks to me as though Smith is falling down and pushes out to stop the other player, and what’s at arm level at that moment? The other guy’s crotch.
    Now, if he’s doing this intentionally, then all I can say is kudos – what a way to psyche out your opponent. The other guy would be paranoid the rest of the game. Serves all those homophobic players right, anyway.

33. Am I the only one who didn’t see any ball-grabbing in that video? Davis’ crotch is obscured by Smith’s body. Yeah, his arm was in the right place, but the video doesn’t actually show anything.
    That said, between Mack’s previous complaint, Davis’ current complaint, and the sorta kinda implication of the video, I’m confident he’s been ball-grabbing.

34. P.S. I’d grab it because I’m a woman but I’d squeeze it really, really hard because I’m a Packer fan.

35. “I’d suspend him for 8 games. I would not go even a game less, this is disgusting.
    And I think that the Kansas City prosecutor should charge him with a crime. I know that’s not going to happen but it should.”
    Some people sure get hysterical about anything involving junk.

36. Dixon29, we all know there are different “rules” for the rich (athletes, actors, musicians). They can buy their way out of things. Doesn’t mean it’s right, but it happens. Life isn’t fair. Maybe your mom didn’t tell you that.
    As for not being held accountable, Roethlisberger, Vick and Stallworth were all suspended by the league for their actions. They are eligible to play again because in the eyes of the league (Goodell) they were punished and did their time.

37. Smith was jealous that QBs are the only ones that can give reach-arounds. Illegal use of the hands, 15 yards.

38. Video emerges of Shaun Smith grabbing Anthony Davis’s junk
    Posted by Michael David Smith on September 28, 2010 2:09 PM ET
    Permalink 108 Comments Latest stories in: Kansas City Chiefs, Latest News and Rumors, NFL Mobile Exclusives – Rumors, San Francisco 49ers, Top Stories
    Previous: Peyton Manning doesn’t want a reduction in offseason workoutsNext: Mike Tomlin announces what we already knew108 Responses to “Video emerges of Shaun Smith grabbing Anthony Davis’s junk”
    Chris Fiorentino says:
    September 28, 2010 2:13 PM
    “it’s time for the league office to come down hard on Smith.”
    [no pun intended]???
    Jack Acid says:
    September 28, 2010 2:15 PM
    So it’s confirmed. The Chiefs are gay.
    Dewey Axewoond says:
    September 28, 2010 2:16 PM
    “come down hard” on Smith.
    Of course.
    This is nothing, though–the Biqueens have been grabbing man-junk for decades
    MVPnis says:
    September 28, 2010 2:18 PM
    Suspend him 4 games without pay.
    jasper6 says:
    September 28, 2010 2:19 PM
    rothlisberger would have let him play with it
    Steelbreeze says:
    September 28, 2010 2:19 PM
    1. People stop wearing cups because they slow you down.
    2. People grab junk in the pile.
    pacstud says:
    September 28, 2010 2:19 PM
    it’s time for the league office to come down hard on Smith.
    ——————– —
    too
    many
    jokes
    Heywood Jablowme says:
    September 28, 2010 2:19 PM
    “hard” hehe
    HowBoutThemTexans says:
    September 28, 2010 2:19 PM
    I guess you could say…
    *puts on sunglasses*
    He was going for the sack.
    YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
    LOLOOLLL I have this image of David Caruso saying “I guess you could say…” pausing, then putting on his sunglasses, then saying “…he was going for the sack”

39. “Ok, the ball is snapped…play is progressing…ooooh, I made a tackle!….oh look a penis, I think I’ll squeeze it.”
    Something doesn’t belong here…

40. AlwaysSunnyInSD says:
    September 28, 2010 4:39 PM
    I’d pay good money to grab Visanthe Shiancoe’s junk! (Yes, I’m a woman).
    AlwaysSunnyInSD says:
    September 28, 2010 4:41 PM
    _____________________________
    Geez, AlwaysSunny–you seem to be a whore.
    I like you already.

41. # WingT says: September 28, 2010 9:04 PM
    I wonder what Tony Dungy thinks about all this.
    ——————————————————Good call. I think we should all refrain from commenting on this till Tony Dungy lets us know if this is right or wrong.

42. @Xenu_D_Alien
    “He’s the Fred Sanford of the NFL.”……..too funny…I can just see him delivering one of Fred;s famous saying..” Oh Elizabeth, this is the Big One”……

43. # Dewey Axewoond says: September 28, 2010 2:16 PM
    “come down hard” on Smith.
    Of course.
    This is nothing, though–the Biqueens have been grabbing man-junk for decades
    ____________________________-
    Oh yeah, you Packers fans aren’t still obsessed with Favre. In the name of all that’s holy, if you’re going to be so obsessed please keep it to yourselves. The rest of us don’t need to hear about it every day on every football related post. This post has absolutely nothing to do with Favre, the Packers, the Vikings, or any NFC North team. Yet, like clockwork, the third comment is all about the Vikings and Favre. Your team traded him. Get over it.

44. FMWarner says: September 28, 2010 4:25 PM
    ___________________
    While you don’t actually see hand on ball (thankfully), it’s pretty obvious what’s going on. Smiths arm is positioned just right, and his hand is clearly in the right position for the accusation. You can also see Davis’ hands fly down to cup his injured package in the universal “Dear God my balls hurt” pose. Either Davis put himself out of the play to do what looks to be a fantastic acting job in the distant hope of drawing a penalty that he never let happen before striking Smith, or Davis is telling the truth. The evidence was pretty clear to me. Then, as you said, there’s the fact that this isn’t the first accusation.

45. The officials will have to come up with a new penalty for this type of transgression. How about “EnCROTCHment”?!?

46. Dixon29 says:
    As long as the NFL allows these degenerates to play, these disgusting things will continue to happen. … Shaun Smith is a sexual predator. There is no place in society for a man like that. Lock him up
    ————————————————
    You are SCARY.
    The person Stallworth hit was lying drunk in the road! He was treated as anyone else in those circumstances. Roethlisberger’s civil accuser sent texts admitting their encounter was consensual. The Georgia woman’s medical exam and DNA test showed they never even had intercourse! The prosecutor said he hoped she and her friends had learned their lesson. The guy never raped anyone, you moron.
    I’ve heard Joe Montana give interviews joking about how all the players grab each other’s privates trying to force guys to give up the ball whenever there’s a pile-on after a fumble.
    You sounds like a hysterical 10-year-old girl with an overactive imagination!

47. Shaun Smith is obviously trying to get in the other teams head……..most of the comments are repetitive and juvenile (although hilarious). Question is how much retaliation from both other teams and the refs will there be? The idiots, and you are, that are saying he is a predator should learn about football, grabbin parts has been around since the beginning, especially in the pile……..how else do you think some guy other than the original guy who got the fumble gets the ball back? I’m glad he’s on our team, he has a reputation of p*ssin off his own teammates with his mouth and, while other enjoy it..he was a player/coach this week if that tells you anything….I’m waiting for an Oline man to take his knees out and the chiefs gettin stuck with Jackson again……..The world is watchin Shaun……it’s t*tty twister time…….

48. for those of you doubting this video because it is fuzzy….two people have spoken up about this stuff. like they say…where there is smoke, there is fire.
    for those who want to say there is no rule against this. there are laws. that is sexual harassment. if you say its not then you never been trained/schooled on sexual misconduct and you need to get some so you don’t get yourself in trouble someday. and i am sure the nfl has a sexual harassment policy.
    And even tho Montana says people grabbing junk to for fumbles don’t make it right to do it. Plus Anthony Davis doesn’t carry the ball man.
    also:
    Vick served his time.
    Can’t charge Roethlisberger without evidence.
    Cant really argue for Stallworth. Although the dude was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He shouldn’t have been drinking and driving. Still his fault. Still…he served some time for an unfortunate accident.
    A Yahoo! Sports story published August 12, 2010, reported that Stallworth could have fought all charges with “an excellent chance of being found innocent,” but Stallworth demanded to be convicted of a felony in order to do what he felt was morally right, because he felt the situation was enough of his own fault and he didn’t feel the Reyes family needed to relive the entire tragedy in court. The article later notes that David Cornwell, one of Stallworth’s attorneys, felt there was irony in Stallworth’s decision because the public and media criticized the plea deal without knowing the full story

49. @bruce …
    Good info on Stallworth–yes, many people mouth off on that without knowing the story. Agree on Vick–whatever one thinks of his crime, he paid his debt. There is a lot of evidence on Roethlisberger–but it’s evidence that he didn’t assault anyone.
    When I related the Montana story, I didn’t mean to excuse Smith’s behavior. Davis would have been justified breaking his nose. I was reacting to Dixon29’s hysterical accusations about Smith being a sexual predator. As kcbigchief posted, it’s gamesmanship–he’s trying to mess with their minds. A fine from the league should put a stop to it.