Jimmy Johnson calls Survivor more stressful than football

FOX’s Jimmy Johnson, who previously coached the Miami Hurricanes, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Miami Dolphins, joined the cast of the latest edition of Survivor, the long-running CBS reality show that America inexplicably has yet to become bored with.

But Jimmy didn’t last long.  He was the third castaway (or whatever they’re called) voted off the island.

“I had fun, but I was miserable the whole time,” Johnson said.  “I still love
the game, and it’s been a great adventure.  This is the most stressful
time I’ve ever gone through in my life, and I’m including Super Bowls
and collegiate national championships.  I initially said, ‘Keep your
strongest members.’  I obviously wasn’t one of the strongest members.”

We assume his on-air colleagues at FOX will have some fun with this one on Sunday.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
31 Responses to “Jimmy Johnson calls Survivor more stressful than football”
  1. superb owl says: Sep 29, 2010 10:12 PM

they can then have survivor fox nfl sunday and kick him off that too.

2. ganggreenguido says: Sep 29, 2010 10:16 PM

I initially said, ‘Keep your strongest members.’ I obviously wasn’t one of the strongest members.”
    He shouldn’t have a problem being that he pitches extenze…

3. Ryan_Mack says: Sep 29, 2010 10:19 PM

Sloooow news night.
    Time for bed.

4. President Florio says: Sep 29, 2010 10:25 PM

Florio you need go to on Survivor

5. Complete Fan says: Sep 29, 2010 10:27 PM

Jimmy Johnson QUIT. You heard it right, QUIT. Very disappointing.

6. CookieFlash says: Sep 29, 2010 10:28 PM

insert unoriginal hair-gel realted joke here.

7. tnsteve says: Sep 29, 2010 10:29 PM

8. YP2K says: Sep 29, 2010 10:31 PM

Not a good move by his tribe. And Survivor still rules . . .

9. flyer says: Sep 29, 2010 10:34 PM

I’m hearing that Jimmy became incredibly stressed because these giant Nicaraguan jungle rats would come out at night and try to chew on his sizable titties.
    I hear there was one really old rat that didn’t have any teeth and Jimmy would leave that one alone.
    Everyone in camp knew that when Jimmy would stroll off alone at night it was called “gum the titty time” as it would help him sleep.

10. Gruppe says: Sep 29, 2010 10:37 PM

Jimmy got jobbed by a bunch of intimidated little men.
    Go Yve!!!

11. JohnnyFromtheShore says: Sep 29, 2010 10:38 PM

Florio…the newest episode of survivor has yet air on the west coast, and you have already revealed who gets voted out. You just broke the unwritten rule of blogging, wait at a minimum of 24 hours before spoiling, and post a “spoiler alert” at the top of the post. luckily i live on the east coast because i would have given up reading up pft forever if you ruined survivor for me. also….FIRST. bitches.

12. Oldecrusty says: Sep 29, 2010 10:46 PM

Yo wasn’t Jimmy on TV this past Sunday?

13. Bwa Ha Ha says: Sep 29, 2010 10:52 PM

Jimmy and the rest of the football community should try raising a family on, say 30k a year with three kids in school a mortgage (if you could get one) and an elder parent living with you in a three bedroom rancher.
    That’s pretty typical in the real game of “Survivor”
    And it lasts more than 39 days

14. comment_submission_error says: Sep 29, 2010 10:57 PM

Jimmy coached. Jimmy went on “Survivor” and sported his boobs, too. I looked away.

15. Raiders757 says: Sep 29, 2010 11:08 PM

Who are the shallow idiots that actually watch Survivor? I remember there was talk of canceling it a while back, and now it just won’t go away. Did Trump buy the network out so this show could stay on the air like he did with The Apprentice?
    “JohnnyFromtheShore says: September 29, 2010 10:38 PM
    Florio…the newest episode of survivor has yet air on the west coast, and you have already revealed who gets voted out. You just broke the unwritten rule of blogging, wait at a minimum of 24 hours before spoiling, and post a “spoiler alert” at the top of the post.”
    I think it would have been safe to assume that PFT readers are shallow enough to watch such a show. Oh, wait…

16. Hans says: Sep 29, 2010 11:16 PM

17. terraincognita says: Sep 29, 2010 11:19 PM

As Kyle would say on Southpark: “I don’t care…really, listen to me!…I don’t care.”

18. buzzbissinger says: Sep 29, 2010 11:28 PM

Not buying it for a second, the guy was just looking for a soundbyte.

19. grandavenue says: Sep 29, 2010 11:53 PM

Jimmy got screwed. I love how Probst said something about how they voted off one of the most proven leaders in the games history or something to that effect.
    For some bumbling idiot who claims to be a leader?
    Glad I don’t watch the show. Other than when Coach was on.

20. Bees Knees says: Sep 30, 2010 12:50 AM

Whoring yourself out because you spent all the money, is more stressful than an NFL gig? How ’bout them apples! (Which, btw, are nice and red and luscious in the fall :-)

21. bonafide says: Sep 30, 2010 1:08 AM

For those of you who’re saying Florio spoiled it, when you saw the post was about Survivor, why did you click on it? I saw this post hours ago, hadn’t watched Survivor yet, so I didn’t click on it because I didn’t want to SPOIL it. So I just watched the episode now — had a feeling JJ might be kicked off, but wasn’t sure — and sure enough he was. Went back, and yeah, this article spoils it, but that’s why you don’t read an article about Survivor if you haven’t seen the latest episode yet.
    It’s your own fault. It’s not like the title of the article was “Jimmy Johnson was voted off Survivor.” But the article mentioned Survivor, so you shouldn’t read it if you haven’t watched the latest episode yet. Use your brain morons.

22. Bender12 says: Sep 30, 2010 1:39 AM

“At least title this kind of post SPOILERS for those people who didn’t watch the show yet on dvr. Got any interesting books you are planning on reading or movies you are planning on watching that I can spoil for you?”
    “Thanks for spoiling it for the West Coast and the folks who use DVRs. I can’t believe someone with so little common sense has cashed in like you, Florio. Only in America…”
    ————-
    Shut up. The idea that people need to post spoiler alerts for things that have already aired and are already all over the internet is unbelievably dumb. If you need a big SPOILER alert to prevent you from clicking on this article than you might be retarded….

23. bigfranky75 says: Sep 30, 2010 5:20 AM

think about it, of course this was more stressful… in football, he had others to help him, assistants, the players to provide feedback, other coaches…. here, he was on his own, much older, no sleep, no food, in an environment where you cannot stop thinking for 1 minute. doesnt sound shocking to me….

24. jaxdolfan says: Sep 30, 2010 6:42 AM

Snake oil salesman
    Spin Doctor
    Don’t believe anything he says to the media.
    This is the same guy who took audibles away from Dan Marino. Dan. Marino.
    He handcuffed Dan Marino and told us that Karim Abdul Jabbar was the answer for success.
    Pork Faced Satan

25. CJ SPILLER says: Sep 30, 2010 7:23 AM

Anyone every notice that Jimmy doesn’t have any lips? He’s always trying to lick his lips but there no where to be found. I actually hate that dude, would love to hold him down and shave his head bald.

26. Lott42 says: Sep 30, 2010 7:56 AM

His hair was amazing on the show

27. heyguru says: Sep 30, 2010 8:54 AM

It’s ok Jimmy — at least you got off before they made you eat insects or cuddle up with one of the old broads.

28. westbrook 36 says: Sep 30, 2010 8:56 AM

Thanks. I checked your site out last night before watching my DVR of the show and it ruined it. Can you at least wait until the next day when you do a spoiler article?

29. Hauschild says: Sep 30, 2010 9:00 AM

Dude’s as phony as they come.

30. red4skins says: Sep 30, 2010 9:09 AM

Oldecrusty says:
    September 29, 2010 10:46 PM
    Yo wasn’t Jimmy on TV this past Sunday?
    Do you think there is a remote possibilty that Survivor might not be a live telecast? therefore allowing JJ to be on TV elsewhere…? …how were you reading documents, when they’re in your briefcase? that’s a mystery

31. Shark839 says: Sep 30, 2010 3:06 PM

CJ SPILLER says:
    September 30, 2010 7:23 AM
    ————————————————–
    Still bitter about him kicking your Bills in the nuts not once but twice?
    The guy is 67 years old. You show me how many 67 year olds could last a day let alone nine?