Seattle swipes Marshawn Lynch from the Bills

So much for the Buffalo Bills driving a hard bargain when it comes to a possible trade of running back Marshawn Lynch.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Seahawks have finagled Lynch from the Bills for a fourth-round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.

As recently as Monday, the prevailing word was that, even though Lynch wanted out, the Bills wouldn’t be trading him.

Now they have.  And the 2-2 Seahawks have picked up a potentially powerful weapon for their run at the NFC West crown.

Meanwhile, the Packers continue to have no one to run the ball.  As we pointed out in this week’s power rankings, the pass-heavy attack should be working really well when the weather turns at Lambeau Field.

Lynch is under contract through 2012, but it’s possible that the sixth year of his rookie deal voids.

Permalink 107 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
107 Responses to “Seattle swipes Marshawn Lynch from the Bills”
  1. HarrisonHits says: Oct 5, 2010 2:28 PM

I wish I could be as inept at my job as the Bills management is and still be employed.

2. OsideBoltzFan760 says: Oct 5, 2010 2:29 PM

great news to me. i got CJ Spiller on my fantasy team

3. PFTiswhatitis says: Oct 5, 2010 2:31 PM

Wow. Seattle abused Buffalo. No wonder Buffalo is the worste team in the league.

4. mattgso says: Oct 5, 2010 2:31 PM

Was hoping to see him in Green and Gold. But oh well.

5. realitypolice says: Oct 5, 2010 2:31 PM

I understand why teams covet draft picks as much as they do, but sometimes it’s ridiculous. I understand you want to build a team for the future, but aren’t the Packers trying to win the Super Bowl THIS year?
    I think if the Packers had given up a third or a fourth plus something else and had gone on to win the SB with Lynch as a contributing factor, the fans would have forgiven the lost draft pick.

6. nikuk says: Oct 5, 2010 2:32 PM

Buffalocal checking in, don’t worry, I have zero expectations other then a top 5 pick next year…
    They were never gonna get a 2nd for him… but a 4th, jeez. That combined with taking spiller in the first when we had so many other glaring needs…. I think we’re in for more of the same during the buddy nix era.
    Sigh.

7. damnvarmint says: Oct 5, 2010 2:33 PM

Nothing will stop the Bills in their defiant quest to go winless. Nothing!

8. aligreene says: Oct 5, 2010 2:34 PM

they should of got a player too but dont know what the bills are doing

9. 20_Lb_Sack says: Oct 5, 2010 2:36 PM

Sweet for my Hawks…we needed a tough runner with size to compliment J-Force

10. JetGreeeen says: Oct 5, 2010 2:37 PM

My guess is he was a cancer in the Bills locker room.

11. clintcooper says: Oct 5, 2010 2:37 PM

So now the Seahacks will be in the exact same situation as the Bills just were. Three competent backs – no clear starter. The Seahacks’ problems have nothing to do with their backfield – they have to do with their quarterback.

12. Phil Wright says: Oct 5, 2010 2:38 PM

So they traded the guy they picked in the first round (12th overall) in 2007 for a four and a conditional? Someone in the Seattle front office should get a bonus check for this one.

13. benh999 says: Oct 5, 2010 2:39 PM

Good idea weakening the only strong part of their team.

14. Freamon says: Oct 5, 2010 2:41 PM

I think he was the Bills best back and they gave him up for almost nothing.
    Spiller will probably be great, but they could’ve put that Round One pick towards one of their many other needs.
    And they could’ve used their Round Two pick on Clausen.
    Just a poorly run organization.
    Kudos to Pete Carroll and the Seahawks. Going to be a nice Cal tandem in the backfield. Being in Los Angeles, I’m looking for a West Coast team worth rooting for.

15. d3murf says: Oct 5, 2010 2:41 PM

WOW!!! Justin Forsett and Marshawn Lynch in the same Backfield Again!!!! Cal Bears!!

16. Majik Bullet says: Oct 5, 2010 2:42 PM

Wow, Teddy wouldn’t pony up a 4th rounder for this guy. Stay the course Ted.

17. CJ SPILLER says: Oct 5, 2010 2:42 PM

@OsideBoltzFan760…………Let’s not forget about Fred Jackson, he was and is better than Lynch, I have no clue why the coaches can’t see that. A guy who averages 4.5 yards per carry for his career, gained 1000 yards, plus 1000 return yards last year and he’s not getting the ball. No wonder why we are the laughing stock of the NFL

18. ais1inn says: Oct 5, 2010 2:42 PM

And I just picked up Fred Jackson on my fantasy team! Buffalo: the more you run it, the less that turnstile defense is on the field.

19. skyline says: Oct 5, 2010 2:42 PM

Bad news for me…I got Justin Forsett on my fantasy team

20. koch23jk says: Oct 5, 2010 2:43 PM

And the Packers also went 7-1 to finish out the season on basically the same passing attack they have right now….So please, quit using your jiberish about the passing attack working when the weather turns…just ignorant.

21. nikuk says: Oct 5, 2010 2:44 PM

@osideboltz – its too bad that the bills don’t have an o line on their fantasy team.

22. adellgfo says: Oct 5, 2010 2:44 PM

God Damnt Thompson, seriously i backed you through the whole Favre situation and not getting Moss, but you wouldn’t give up a fourth round pick and a conditional for Lynch, are you kidding me?????
    You sir need to get punched in the face by Clay Matthews

23. JoeSixPack says: Oct 5, 2010 2:44 PM

Too bad the Bills wouldn’t trade him to Division rival the Patriots (like it would make a difference this season).
    Maybe Seattle will let him go for a 3rd rounder now!
    I’ll bet the Pats would be interested!

24. nicopenelope says: Oct 5, 2010 2:45 PM

Thanks a lot Ted Thompson.

25. grendel says: Oct 5, 2010 2:46 PM

With the needs at RB around the league this is the best they could get for a feature-back quality player? Can we just dissolve the Bills organization and drop down to 31 teams please?

26. CJ says: Oct 5, 2010 2:46 PM

exactly….spiller’s value just skyrocketed. I’m glad he’s been stashed on my bench. now if only I can find a sucker to take one of my other RBs for a starting WR and/or TE, I’d be set.
    I’ve been making a killing on taking/picking up low-risk high reward guys at RB: Foster, Hillis, Spiller, etc. Torain, Lynch, and Fred Jackson are still available in my leauge so I might go get me another.

27. Beast Of Eden says: Oct 5, 2010 2:47 PM

Now they have 2 lackluster former Cal Bear running backs

28. GeeBee says: Oct 5, 2010 2:48 PM

Ted Thompson outmaneuvered by his protege’, John Schneider. Can’t cough up a 4th, there, Teddy?
    Looking forward to more Kuhn-Jackson heading into the teeth of the schedule, you buffoon.

29. Popeye says: Oct 5, 2010 2:49 PM

pete carroll wants to regain the magic of Lynch and Forsett from their days at CAL…..lest hope lynch doesnt ghost ride another training cart again…..d-bag

30. Lavasse says: Oct 5, 2010 2:49 PM

Ted Thompson you are a friggin moron, you could have got this guy for a 4th rounder and a conditional pick next year, And we could have become legitimate super bowl contenders again. I wish someone would just walk up to you and punch you in the face just once. I would pay to see it.

31. travelinbill says: Oct 5, 2010 2:51 PM

I wish someone woud talley the list of Bills players released in the last 5yrs and the teams they ended up at. Such as Jabar Greer to the Saints McGahee to the Ravens and alike. I think it is a secret desire for every Bills player to be released to another team where they actually go to a team doing better than the Bills. Congrats to Trent now with a Jacksonville team doing well.

32. hlywd7 says: Oct 5, 2010 2:51 PM

The Bills 1st round draft choices
    Aaron Maybin-
    doesnt see the field, and is terrible, his own teamates call him out at practice for sucking
    Leodis McKelvin-
    Is a nickel corner in his 3rd year. Doesnt know how to speak. Got beat twice last Saturday for TDs when put in the lineup
    Marshawn Lynch-
    Traded for a 4th rounder, what a joke
    Great JOB BILLS MANAGEMENT, its like you have a guy calling the shots from a retirement home, oh wait……..

33. KC_Cisco says: Oct 5, 2010 2:54 PM

I don’t dislike the Packers, but I have to say if they really want to win the Super Bowl—a 4th round pick doesn’t seem like its that much. Especially, the way they’ve been running the ball. I know they build through the draft–but they have a window–right now–to win a Super Bowl.

34. Yash says: Oct 5, 2010 2:55 PM

just like in the previous post, I can’t tell if your using sarcasm regarding the frozen tundra and the Packers offensive approach. I mean, it has worked pretty well for the past 15 or so years there…

35. SpartaChris says: Oct 5, 2010 2:56 PM

Geez, enough with this nonsense that Green Bay needs a top tier running back to move the ball down the field. The 2008 Steelers were #23 in rushing, and last I checked, they only won the friggin Super Bowl. Oh yeah, they play outdoors in sloppy conditions too, same as Green Bay. The 2009 Colts were #32 in rushing and went to the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, the 2009 Jets were #1 in rushing and didn’t.
    Besides, a running back isn’t why Green Bay can’t run the ball. The offensive line is.

36. titlesong says: Oct 5, 2010 2:56 PM

Actually, a 4th and a conditional is pretty good for BUF.
    The NFL covets picks more than Vets and I think this is more than fair. Surprised SEA got him though, this crowds their backfield too.

37. jgreen1570 says: Oct 5, 2010 2:57 PM

Moratorium on “I have so and so on my fantasy team” comments. Believe me when I say this – absolutely no one cares except you.
    And Lynch and Forsett are crappy fantasy plays anyway, so if you were counting on them, then you’re an idiot.

38. BackToJail4Vick says: Oct 5, 2010 2:57 PM

I guess a 4th round pick was too rich for Rabbi Lurie.

39. old rookie 11 says: Oct 5, 2010 3:00 PM

Quality runnning back but one eventual step away from a long suspension. Locker room issues get removed from a team not going anywhere and trying to change the looser mentality. Strutted around with no respect during last weeks anthem. A 4th round offensive lineman and maybe more to protect Luck !

40. koch23jk says: Oct 5, 2010 3:01 PM

Seabirds just released Julius Jones as well…

41. irishgary says: Oct 5, 2010 3:02 PM

I’m not sure why you Packers fan wanted Lynch. What has he done?
    I’m glad Ted didn’t waiste the picks. Lynch was not gonna help us get to a Super bowl, not with McCarthy coaching.

42. NDCheesehead says: Oct 5, 2010 3:03 PM

Alright, Time to go Mr. Thompson. You’ve seriously jeopardized our teams chances this year with your unwillingness to fill MAJOR holes on our roster.

43. cheeseheadken says: Oct 5, 2010 3:03 PM

I really want to have faith in the Packers’ management, but c’mon.

44. shaggytoodle says: Oct 5, 2010 3:03 PM

Lynch has tons of offield trouble TT, probably one more bad choice from being suspended a year. GB doesn’t need that crap and all ready had to deal with it.

45. raiderswinsuperbowl_in_2020maybe says: Oct 5, 2010 3:04 PM

Thanks Uncle Teddy… I guess you think we still are a SB team with Jackson & Kuhn as our top 2 ball carriers

46. purpleguy says: Oct 5, 2010 3:04 PM

Once again Pack fans are foiled by TT’s ridiculous inflexibility in taking advantage of roster improvements outside of his precious draft picks. Have fun watching Jackson run blindly into the backs of his offensive linemen for the rest of the year.

47. CJ SPILLER says: Oct 5, 2010 3:04 PM

Freamon says:
    October 5, 2010 2:41 PM
    I think he was the Bills best back and they gave him up for almost nothing.
    _______________________________
    Wrong!! Fred Jackson is way better than Lynch, look at what Jackson did last year. He was never given the chance this year, shows how stupid the Bills management is. They won’t miss Lynch…..time for the Jackson and Spiller show. Now if they could only hit the draft, get a QB, and about 45 new players, they should be alright!

48. hizzle1281 says: Oct 5, 2010 3:05 PM

Pat Williams, Nate Clemens, Marshawn Lynch, Jabari Greer, Jason Peters, London Fletcher etc…

49. pilot08 says: Oct 5, 2010 3:07 PM

Packers- yall can have Deangelo Williams for Greg Jennings and a 3rd pick.

50. Pack_Attack says: Oct 5, 2010 3:12 PM

Seattle’s 4th is worth a lot more than Green Bays 4th. Just sayin’

51. tamer says: Oct 5, 2010 3:15 PM

If your owner is 90+ years old and your gm and your coach are both hillbillies then your are destined for failure. Thanks for screwing up this great franchise and turning it into Buffalo Hillbillies. Who the heck is Chan Gailey? 4th rounder for Lynch? Are you kidding me?
    Please move to the UFL. Even there your team would be nothing but a punch bag.

52. FNGS says: Oct 5, 2010 3:16 PM

# adellgfo says: October 5, 2010 2:44 PM
    You sir need to get punched in the face by Clay Matthews
    ——————————————————
    Agreed, if we don’t get some what of a running game we will go no where.

53. Infidel says: Oct 5, 2010 3:17 PM

Ted Thompson can place his phone back in the cradle now and come out from his cave.

54. Nate says: Oct 5, 2010 3:18 PM

2007 Draft…only player left for the Bills is Paul Posluszny. 2008 1st round pick (McKelvin) is your nickle CB. 2009 1st round pick (Maybin) can’t even get on the field he is so bad. For a team/market that has trouble attracting free agent talent, they have to build through the draft. This is not the way to do it. It is more than just a bad starting QB. There is no talent all through this team.

55. dcsilverthorn says: Oct 5, 2010 3:18 PM

happy trails julius jones

56. cloudnine says: Oct 5, 2010 3:19 PM

Green Bay should get on the phone to Arizona for Beanie Wells. This just lowered the price tag.

57. #12inSeattle says: Oct 5, 2010 3:20 PM

The left side will be healthy after the bye, add Beast Mode and chalk up a NFC West title. Sweet!

58. Love_Boat_Scandal says: Oct 5, 2010 3:20 PM

Greg Jennings > Deangelo Williams.

59. mama tried says: Oct 5, 2010 3:22 PM

Looks like J Jones might be shown the door soon…
    yeah Seattle, you need a new QB!! Ol’ ass hackleback ain’t getting it done!!

60. mbmorganjr says: Oct 5, 2010 3:24 PM

In his short time since returning to the NFL Pete Carroll has proven to be quite proficient at stealing other team’s running backs (see Leon Washington).
    I just hope this won’t prevent the Rams from winning the NFC West.

61. jonnycochill says: Oct 5, 2010 3:25 PM

TT did his homework!!!! Lynch is trouble and a slacker he was clearly the third best back on the Bills.

62. bobinpuertorico says: Oct 5, 2010 3:27 PM

Great move Bills. Lose Lynch as a free agent and get a third round compensatory draft pick, so trade him now for a fourth. I heard the Bills are shopping the overall #1 draft choice for next year and they will take a third round pick for it. However, if a team will give them a second round pick, the Bills will give up both the overall #1 pick and C.J. Spiller. Go Bills!

63. Veritas Amber says: Oct 5, 2010 3:28 PM

The packers problem isn’t backs, its blocking. Get them some better OL and then watch them churn it over.

64. ch19079 says: Oct 5, 2010 3:28 PM

A 4th rounder…. really… for one of the most tallented players on the Bills team.
    I am ok with trading him, but a 2nd or at least a 3rd rounder would have been more realistic.
    Does anyone really think that the 4th rounder who the bills pick will be better or even equal to Lynch’s abilities? I dont think so.
    Good teams keep their good draft picks. The bills seem content to get rid of them.

65. koch23jk says: Oct 5, 2010 3:31 PM

The pack have James Starks coming back healthy in 2 weeks. No need to trade for Lynch. As much as I question TT’s personnel moves, I think they can get by without Lynch and have James Starks come in and blow shiz up circa Samkon Gado and Ryan Grant when they were both first tossed in…

66. Hauschild says: Oct 5, 2010 3:32 PM

I mean, doesn’t anybody reflect on Lynch’s actual value, then, if he was dumped for a 4th round and conditional pick??? Buffalo is sorry, but they still generally have guys that know a lot about football making football decisions.
    The fact remains, a great O-line makes an average back look far better than he would look on teams with O-line’s like Buffalo and Seattle.

67. PackerfanT says: Oct 5, 2010 3:34 PM

piloto8 says:
    Packers- yall can have Deangelo Williams for Greg Jennings and a 3rd pick.
    ****************************************
    James Jones and a second round…that I’d do. Jennings? No chance.

68. voiceofrealism says: Oct 5, 2010 3:34 PM

For those of you crying because Thompson didn’t give up a fourth, it would have had to be a third or they would just take seattle’s fourth since they will likely finish worse than the Pack. Not saying Thompson shouldn’t have traded for him, just saying you should think a little before having a tantrum.

69. disco says: Oct 5, 2010 3:40 PM

Why are people saying Buffalo got abused? They had 3 potential trade partners in GB, SEA, and PHI. They held out as long as possible and the best they could do was STILL a fourth. I’m sure they called everyone interested and said “Seriously we’re about to trade him for a fourth…you really don’t want to up the offer?”
    That’s just what he’s worth. All this really does is put a spotlight on how stupid Baltimore was trading a 3rd for McGahee a few years ago.

70. shaggytoodle says: Oct 5, 2010 3:42 PM

I think TT is willing to wait 2 more weeks til Starks is eligible to come of the PUP. Besides GB is a PASS offense, even when they did have Grant. I don’t think the risk reward is worth it.

71. bigfranky75 says: Oct 5, 2010 3:44 PM

honestly, GB fans have got to be FREAKING OUT right now seeing what the Bills were willing to take for Lynch. i was in Lambeau 2 weeks ago for the Bills game and i cant tell you how many fans came up to our group askign if we had heard anythign in Buffalo about the Lynch to GB rumours… they wanted it to happen BAD. they were all flipping out abotu ted thompson how he refuses to part with draft picks… i gotta think they really blew this one. the GB defense isnt goign to be able to do it all year without a runnign game… thsi was their year to really make a run considering the free agent issues they have after thsi year…

72. GO BILLS says: Oct 5, 2010 3:47 PM

No more Blunts n Guns in Buffalo? Who am I going to sit in a car with at 3 a.m. smoking blunts and holding illegal handguns? Who am I going to steal people’s money off the bar with ? Who am I going to hit padestrians with my $90,000 SUV and drive away with? Who am I going to sneak liquor into the bar with? A little bit on Oakland just left the Queen City…
    At least Buffalo doesn’t have to deal with Blunts n Guns anymore. Adios Marshawn Good Luck Seattle Police Department…

73. twinkletoes says: Oct 5, 2010 3:50 PM

This ticks me off that Undead Al didn’t pull this trade off. When you consider that Undead doesn’t even operate on banker’s hours you can understand why. Dude was still in REM sleep, dreaming of glories past when the Seahawks pulled off this heist. This could’ve been a classic steal for the Raiders. Lynch is from Oakland, played at Cal, and stuck out like a guy from Oakland on the mean streets of Buffalo.
    A fourth rounder and a conditional? Are you kidding me?
    We need someone in our backfield who wasn’t made in a glass factory. DMC has looked like a top five pick, but then Raiderkarma kicked in and he tweeked his hammy. Bush has flashed but can’t stay in one piece and takes himself out of plays so he can catch his wind on the sideline.
    The Raiders could’ve picked a reinvigorated Lynch on the cheap and turned around and moved Bush to another team for a disgruntled player like Fat Albert. That’s a Raider kinda deal.
    I’m not surprised that the Seahawks pulled this off; John Schneider was one of Ron Wolf’s proteges.
    Sigh… stupid Undeal Al. Someone get that man some coffee!

74. loumann says: Oct 5, 2010 3:56 PM

As long a old Rubber Face Ralph Wilson, second worst face lift ever, is at the helm the Barfalo Bills are cursed (Jerry Jones is the worst rubber face).
    4 shots at a superbowl and no hits……give me 4 shots at a dart board and i could hit a bullseye……..
    Ralph a hall of famer??????? are you nuts….why?? because he paid for a team once…..please…..he cant even put up a decent stadium for the drunks in barfalo…….
    hahahahahahahah – give away Lynch and his 10carat grill for a 4th………..I LOVE IT !

75. lebowski says: Oct 5, 2010 4:01 PM

We don’t need Lynch. We’ve got Dmitri Nance….

76. mattgso says: Oct 5, 2010 4:06 PM

Well let’s keep in mind this could be like the Randy Moss attempt: There’s likely a lot more info behind the scenes that we don’t know. Did he want to come to Green Bay?
    And if Lynch is so good, why is he only fetching draft day 2 picks?
    I wanted to see him in Green and Gold but there’s likely more to the story than we know.

77. jimmySee says: Oct 5, 2010 4:08 PM

As a lifelong Packer fan — this is disappointing news.

78. Old_Style says: Oct 5, 2010 4:13 PM

For the Packers style of offense, Kuhn and Jackson are fine. Kuhn’s running sealed the win last week; yes, I know they played Detroit, but Det is not that bad this year. Who know if TT could have gotten the same deal? Packers will likely be picking near the end of the round.
    And that cold-weather passing argument is lame considering the success Rodgers has had in cold weather.

79. This is not news says: Oct 5, 2010 4:14 PM

Watching NFC West division games is like watching bums fight. They don’t have much talent for the sport, but they scrap like heck, and the outcome is often a surprise. The victor usually comes down to either whoever landed the best/most lucky shots or who is healthier.
    Lynch might just be the weapon to make the Hawks the ‘class’ of the division.

80. minnesconsin_ad says: Oct 5, 2010 4:22 PM

pilot08 says:
    October 5, 2010 3:07 PM
    Packers- yall can have Deangelo Williams for Greg Jennings and a 3rd pick.
    —-
    hahah, um. no. It would be more like Deangelo Williams and a 2nd for Greg Jennings. Or how about Jordy Nelson and a 3rd for Williams? those propositions probably sound about as ridiculous to you, eh?
    Veritas Amber says:
    October 5, 2010 3:28 PM

81. BFDeal says: Oct 5, 2010 4:22 PM

Don’t worry Bills fans, we’ll get the # 1 pick in the draft.(zero victories will do that). Maybe get some offensive line men, a quarterback, a defense, linebackers..Wait a minute…Sell the team, and put us out of our misery. GO SABRES!

82. EShine says: Oct 5, 2010 4:24 PM

Not what I wanted, but this explains why the Bills held out as long as they did. The 4th and conditional pick was the best they could do. I can’t blame them for eventually pulling the trigger. With as many holes as they have, they had to do something.
    If I was a Packers fan, I am PO’d right now. It doesnt seem like a lot to give up, especially when you look at how bad the Packers running game is. Maybe TT figures that their backs are bad, but their line is worse…

83. ejtowne says: Oct 5, 2010 4:25 PM

grendel says:
    October 5, 2010 2:46 PM
    Lynch is a cancer in the Buffalo locker room. The only reason Gailey started him was for this exact reason…Dumping him. Fred Jackson is a better all around RB with no issues.

84. brasho says: Oct 5, 2010 4:32 PM

The Packers might be poking around the Buccaneers soon. The Pack waived Kregg Lumpkin in their final preseason cuts and the Bucs picked him up on waivers. Lumpkin has split the past few seasons between the Packers’ practice squad and regular season roster so he knows the system and the Packers know him well so he could potentially step right in.
    I’m thinking the Pack surrenders a 7th rounder to get Lumpkin back in the fold.

85. ejtowne says: Oct 5, 2010 4:34 PM

old rookie 11 says:
    October 5, 2010 3:00 PM
    Thank you! Great comment. Nobody else thinks about the fact of how much trouble the guy has caused in his short NFL career. Hitting the drunk girl, weapons charge and worst of all… stealing $20 from the police chief of Buffalo’s wife. One step away from a big suspension is right. Good player but, he is not worth a fourth rounder. Bills made out on that one.

86. Bills4life says: Oct 5, 2010 4:38 PM

Has anyone else noticed it’s 4:30 and The bills web sight hasn’t even reported this yet. Chris Brown hasn’t even put it on his blog. You know your teams bad when your own web sight is to Embarrassed to post news of a #1 pick being given away. How is a 4th round pick going to help when we can’t even get it right in the 1st round?

87. flavordave says: Oct 5, 2010 4:44 PM

TWO WORDS.
    Chan Gailey.
    Thats the Bills for ya.

88. myasylum says: Oct 5, 2010 4:51 PM

The Packer piss me off!
    I’m done with Ted. I can now see Favres frustration!

89. kingterp says: Oct 5, 2010 4:52 PM

Ted Thompson is the worst.

90. der6495 says: Oct 5, 2010 4:52 PM

Rodgers should be storming into Teddy’s office right now saying, “Seriously, do you want to win a Super Bowl sometime soon?”

91. Eaglesfan290 says: Oct 5, 2010 4:58 PM

Does this team want to Hire me because I can do a better job than these guys! Ok so the only thing you actually have on this team is a good group of Backs and in the span of two and a half week you lost Joquie Bell off your PS and now gave away Lynch?
    Why didn’t they just give the seahawks draft picks with Lynch! I mean at least then they wouldn’t be trying to pretend they were stupid!

92. Ridge_Runner says: Oct 5, 2010 5:03 PM

twinkletoes says:
    This ticks me off that Undead Al didn’t pull this trade off…
    Bravo to the best post of the thread. That one had me laughing out loud. Hats off to you, Sir!
    Old_Style says:
    Agreed! I think some people are confusing #12 for another guy who played behind center in Green Bay not too long ago. IIRC, he struggled quite a bit in the cold near the end of his career on the Frozen Tundra.

93. UpstateRules says: Oct 5, 2010 6:23 PM

I am not making excuses for the Bills Front Office, see Aaron Maybin, but good ridance to him. If I were Seattle, I keep him in the state of Washington. He goes to Cali, he is as good as suspended. Also, he started dancing in the backfield too. It’s a shame because he has more talent than MaGahee.
    Fred Jackson is a better back right now and a better teamate. Spiller is pure excitement and up here in WNY we need something!!

94. Gravy Makes Sconnies Fat says: Oct 5, 2010 6:31 PM

too bad for the pckers, good news for the rest of the nfcn. even with all of their problems it’s possible the pckers might have made the playoffs this year if they had even the semblance of a running game, which lynch would’ve given them. ted thompson really loves his 4th round picks.

95. dcnflfan says: Oct 5, 2010 6:38 PM

I happen to dislike Thompson intensely, but he will be held accountable if the Pack’s absence of a running game hurts GB. Since many so called experts have them winning the SB, anything less is a failure. I am amused at the comments of Rodgers criticizing the game calls. At least Favre waited over ten years before he started. It will be interesting to see if TT takes offense at Rodgers’ criticisms since they have so much more in common.

96. rcthe7th says: Oct 5, 2010 6:41 PM

Packer fans are in such denial. P.s. players stepping in at rb, down to 3rd string safety, chillar out. Train just keeps rolling though, right? Idiots.

97. Gravy Makes Sconnies Fat says: Oct 5, 2010 6:42 PM

“Kuhn’s running sealed the win last week; yes, I know they played Detroit, but Det is not that bad this year.”
    they managed to run a little against the #32 run defense in the league. wow. if you keep getting to play against the worst run d in the league you might be okay with your present collection of rb’s.

98. bri81068 says: Oct 5, 2010 6:51 PM

As an Eagle fan who respects the Pack and their fans…. I would be PISSED! Thompson is an idiot!

99. Rodgers4President says: Oct 5, 2010 7:27 PM

Well I’ve been a pretty staunch defender of Ted Thompson for years now but this is pretty much the final straw.
    I can understand wanting to build through the draft, having the make-up of your team be “your” guys but at some point you have to pull the trigger and go for a Superbowl run. I wouldn’t be upset if the Bills had not traded Lynch, but that fact that he is traded for a 4th and conditional and Thompson wasn’t willing to part with that for a chance at glory then ya know what…
    F*ck you Ted Thompson! You may have built a team with some solid starters on it, but your unwillingness to deal in trades and free agency is ultimately going to cost the Packers organization an opportunity at the Lombardi trophy and hopefully will cost you your job. If the Pack somehows magics up some depth this season and does go deep into the playoff then all will be forgiven but looking at the current state of the team, especially the RUNNING GAME, I would say you are f*cked. Again, F*CK YOU TED THOMPSON.

100. Buffaloblues says: Oct 5, 2010 8:19 PM

People outside of Buffalo fans forget Lynch has been trouble THREE times in four years. Unmarked mercedes full of drugs guns in an empty parking lot in Oakland??? Hit and Runs, stealing 20 bucks from a lady in a bar?? RB’s are worth very little, greats ones are worth little more. a fourth rounder and a potential fifth isnt all that bad. Especially when you have 2 other good backs and NEED draft picks

101. Mooch says: Oct 5, 2010 9:15 PM

Anyone think that GB and Philly wanted Lynch to agree to an extension before they’d pull the trigger?
    Neither team is known for letting talent get in the way of finances.

102. Beer Cheese Soup says: Oct 5, 2010 10:48 PM

nicopenelope says:
    Thanks a lot Ted Thompson.
    GeeBee says:
    Can’t cough up a 4th, there, Teddy?
    Lavasse says:
    Ted Thompson you are a friggin moron… I wish someone would just walk up to you and punch you in the face just once. I would pay to see it.
    jimmySee says:
    As a lifelong Packer fan — this is disappointing news.
    myasylum says:
    The Packers piss me off!
    I’m done with Ted. I can now see Favres frustration!
    kingterp says:
    Ted Thompson is the worst.
    der6495 says:
    bri81068 says:
    Thompson is an idiot!
    Rodgers4President says:
    Well I’ve been a pretty staunch defender of Ted Thompson for years now but this is pretty much the final straw… F*ck you Ted Thompson!
    adellgfo says:
    God Damnt Thompson… You sir need to get punched in the face by Clay Matthews.
    ____________
    How wonderful it is, to see all the TRUE Packer fans out in force once again! Too long have we lived with the Ted homers and their wanton destruction of the team we all love. Also, welcome back to the light side, Rodgers4Prez.
    The strong showing here, and the verbal riots going on in the JS Online and Ted Press-Gazette boards right now do my heart good. It seems we finally are on the path to making the necessary changes and returning the Packers to greatness.
    Remember who was saying the things most of you are just now realizing for nearly five years now. As soon as Ted goes, which should be soon, the Packers will start winning. I can’t wait.

103. Favre's Hamartia says: Oct 6, 2010 3:59 AM

Gravy Makes Sconnies Fat says:
    October 5, 2010 6:31 PM
    =================================
    “Might have made the playoffs?” Big talk about a 3-1 team, coming from a guy whose team is 1-2.
    Then again, you’ve never let reality get in the way of your logic. Most Viking fans don’t.

104. Supersuckers2 says: Oct 6, 2010 11:52 AM

“jonnycochill says:
    October 5, 2010 3:25 PM

105. bednarik60 says: Oct 6, 2010 3:00 PM

Why is the Philadelphia Eagles tag applied to this?

106. dcnflfan says: Oct 7, 2010 5:56 PM

I would love to see Thompson shown the door, but I don’t think it will happen. Ever since Ron Wolf left, it seems midgets are running the Pack. I have never criticized TT for moving on from Favre, but he did it in the most tasteless, classless manner. McNabb and Tomlinson were treated better than Favre, and they were not there for 16 years. The remodeled Lambeau is the House that Favre built and it is sad that the fans are so thankless. Even the Philly fans showed more class than GB.

107. shaggytoodle says: Oct 8, 2010 3:24 PM

____________________
    You mean like, after Favre retired we moved on and decided to try to build a winner instead hoping he’d come back to save the day?
    GB does’t need players that drive the medical cart around after the game, and steal $20 from cops wives at chain restaraunts.