Brett Favre on elbow: "I don't want to play just to play"

Brett Favre’s Wednesday press conference, carried live on NFL Network, was typical Favre theater because of its contradictions.

On one hand, Favre provided sound bites that will be used fodder for those who believe Favre could look for a way out if the Vikings season continues to go south.

Favre said his elbow injury is “very painful.”  He says it really hasn’t gotten worse, but it hasn’t improved.  He’s struggling to lift things and believes his accuracy has been compromised.

“I missed on some throws I don’t miss on,” Favre said.

Favre said he would be open to missing a game in the future if his elbow injury forced his hand.  “I don’t want to play just to play,” Favre said.

That all sounds almost dire.  But Favre also stressed that he remains very confident in the Vikings.

“I woke up this morning, and was very eager to get over here.  More so than last year at this time, I feel that confident,” Favre said.

Favre said he can play better and will play better. He brushed aside the Jenn Sterger controversy, choosing not to rank or compare this off-field issue to ones he’s had in the past.

“I’m thrilled to be here and have the opportunity to lead this team to the Super Bowl.”

UPDATE: Favre did no throwing during individual drills on Wednesday.  Coach Brad Childress said he would “parcel” out Favre’s throws at practice this week.

Permalink 91 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
91 Responses to “Brett Favre on elbow: "I don't want to play just to play"”
  1. flyer says: Oct 13, 2010 1:45 PM

Please go on IR and leave.

2. purpleguy says: Oct 13, 2010 1:46 PM

Lets not talk about leading the team to the Super Bowl until we win a couple flipping games and reach .500.

3. 12TimeWorldChamps says: Oct 13, 2010 1:46 PM

LOL, yeah right, Brett. Like you’re going to risk your streak being snapped, even if it’s in the better interest of the team.
    Will. Never. Happen.

4. BigBear123 says: Oct 13, 2010 1:47 PM

———-)
    Apparently he’s been in the medicine cabinet again.

5. Tdk24 says: Oct 13, 2010 1:47 PM

Super Bowl? You kiddin’?

6. hlywd7 says: Oct 13, 2010 1:47 PM

Favre hurt his elbow from getting all those tough shots of his crank !!

7. jwstick says: Oct 13, 2010 1:48 PM

Lord Favre is a joke. He’s ruined 3 teams post season dreams 3 years in a row and is now in the process of ruining another one. He finished in Green bay with a pick six in an overtime playoff game against the Giants, he missed the post season altogether with the jets the following season, he finished last year with an interception against the Saints which cost the vikes the game, and now his team is 1 and 3 fixin to be 1 and 4 and he’s involved in a sexual bruha with a jets hottie. So now everyone is starting to realize he’s a crappy old football player and an old horny grandpaw that sends pics of his boyhood to young women……what a joke…..i bet Deanna takes him to the cleaners……soon he’ll be living in a trailer (by himself)and driving a 1953 ford pick up truck…..ha ha…..ain’t life great…..Geaux Saints!!

8. packerjoeZ says: Oct 13, 2010 1:49 PM

Unless Favre would actually sit out a game because of a nagging injury — like the one he has now — when he’s asked this question, he needs to say, “I won’t play Sunday if this injury will hinder my abilities.” Otherwise, he just needs to shut up.

9. KnuckleBucket says: Oct 13, 2010 1:49 PM

Take your Geritol Brett.

10. NoKoolaidCowboy says: Oct 13, 2010 1:51 PM

…and you didn’t want to text her your junk just to text her your junk! lol
    No one can ever question whether Favre wants to play once he gets on field. Lots questions to be answered for both teams. I hope the Cowboys will be ready…for a change.

11. David.walden05 says: Oct 13, 2010 1:53 PM

If Favre uses an injury as an excuse does that mean Packers fans can use injuries as an excuse?

12. ipeefreely says: Oct 13, 2010 1:56 PM

what a joke…

13. dlmcc0909 says: Oct 13, 2010 1:57 PM

At some point I wish the media, especially ESPN would give this guy alot more criticism for the back breaking INT’s and fumbles.
    Seriously, I know he has ridiculous career numbers but I cant put this guy anywhere near the top 5 or maybe even top 10 best QB’s of all time. Would anyone really pick this guy over Marino, Elway, Montana, etc? I would still rather have Peyton Manning of today over Favre in his prime. I just dont see the fascination with a guy notorious for single handedly killing their team in a game

14. Dolphinatic13 says: Oct 13, 2010 1:57 PM

Favre’s never been a choir boy have you Brett? Remember Rachael’s in Orlando before the 1998 season? Tiffany sure does.

15. Contra says: Oct 13, 2010 1:59 PM

Ok, Im a HUGE Viking fan however I am almost at the point where Favre needs to sit and go on IR. He got his 500 TD club card now and 70k+ yards so he is at the huge pinnacle as far as QBs go. If a decision needs to be made it needs to be made this week!

16. ThatGuy says: Oct 13, 2010 2:02 PM

I love people who bring up the whole post season interception thing ending games. Would the Vikings have been in the championship game without Favre last year? No… Would Favre been in the position to even have to throw the ball had AP been able to hold onto the ball in that game? No… The VIKINGS lost that game last year, not Favre. Did Favre’s interception hurt their chances? sure, but so did APs fumbles, the calls the officials failed to make(that the NFL said later should have been called) and numerous other situations that occured in the game. Favre may be struggling this year, and he is its obvious, but their is no way Jackson makes thows three TD throws on Monday night to even get us close in the second half. He is still the best the Vikings have.

17. MuskyHunter2542 says: Oct 13, 2010 2:02 PM

jwstick says:
    October 13, 2010 1:48 PM
    Wasnt a Pick 6 in the game for The Packers. However it may as well have been one. The game ended on a OT FG.

18. Krashie21 says: Oct 13, 2010 2:03 PM

The Cowboys could actually win the Super Bowl this year, but it wouldn’t match the euphoria for me if the ‘Boys can beat the Vi-Queens this weekend and put a complete end to Lord Favre and give him the ending he deserves.

19. CapsLockKey says: Oct 13, 2010 2:05 PM

No way Favre gives up now. He finally got the toy to play with that he’s been after for years, Randy Moss.

20. CliveRush says: Oct 13, 2010 2:05 PM

I was told he just wants to have fun out there. What happened? Does the ESPN BritFar bum kissing crew know about this?

21. JRG3 says: Oct 13, 2010 2:14 PM

this is all just damage control from BF.
    he is trying to seem like more of a team player because all the “issues” off the field.
    I worshiped Favre for yrs as a packer fan but my respect for him gets less and less each year he puts himself in front of…..the world. when its all said and done, his legacy is very tarnished. Its like …there is a young Elvis and a fat addicted Elvis. There is the Packer brett favre and the prima donna drama crocs brett favre.

22. damnvarmint says: Oct 13, 2010 2:15 PM

If you guys dont start being nicer then he will just stay home and deny you the pleasure of watching him play. Consider yourselves warned!

23. kravon says: Oct 13, 2010 2:16 PM

Doesnt matter if Favre plays this week, the Vikings defense is too much for Dallas to handle.
    Kravon

24. Floriostoupee says: Oct 13, 2010 2:16 PM

….. still waiting for proof that any pics and voice messages were unsolicited!

25. jjefferson13 says: Oct 13, 2010 2:17 PM

Really? He “believes his accuracy has been compromised.”??? Based on that statement I believe his eyesight has been comprised also.

26. JSpicoli says: Oct 13, 2010 2:18 PM

The most selfish, and misunderstood man in sports.
    This guy is a self consumed pig and the media still has not figured it out—but is getting closer to doing so.

27. Bill says: Oct 13, 2010 2:18 PM

Sounds like an out by Farve. He can sit a game because of his elbow, that way, when he gets suspended one game for showing dirty pictures, the streak won’t be broke cause of his…. let’s say short comings!

28. Hauschild says: Oct 13, 2010 2:18 PM

I think a reasonable person should conclude that Favre is going nowhere, nor should he. Also, it is great to actually hear his excitement.
    You people – I swear – are so God darned dumb, ya know? Only 4 games have been played and the Vikings have been in EVERY one of them. How is this escaping the haters? If you hate to hate, that’s not good because you’re not being honest with yourself.
    I told you numb skulls after week 1 that Minnesota was going to be in this thing. You don’t totally revamp a receiving corps a week before the pre-season, then add another receiver at week 4 and expect a smooth ride. This will take time. Each week, the passing game is getting a little better.
    And, Favre’s hurt – big deal. He’s always hurt. He’s tough – he’s not a candy ass like 80% of American men. Even if he misses a few throws, most starting QB’s miss a few throws EVERY SINGLE GAME. As your community organizing hero so confidently claimed in a recent book, “It can be absorbed.”
    Just relax and don’t be shy to heap praise on me around week 17.

29. 12TimeWorldChamps says: Oct 13, 2010 2:19 PM

“I love people who bring up the whole post season interception thing ending games.”
    You’re a Vikings fan – you’ve only seen it once. I saw it for almost a decade straight. Face it, dude – he’s the greatest regular season QB ever, but ever since Holmgren left, he has SUCKED in the playoffs, especially when the game and entire season is on the line.
    Six picks against the Rams that YOU laughed at. Four picks against the Vikings that YOU laughed at. Threw a bag of cats up in the air in Philly that YOU laughed at. NFC title game that YOU laughed at. How are were you laughing against the Saints? You weren’t, it was our turn and we loved it.

30. PFTiswhatitis says: Oct 13, 2010 2:19 PM

So its the Vikes and the 49ers in the superbowl?

31. Black QB White RB says: Oct 13, 2010 2:20 PM

It was obvious…He came back for 20 mil, and to get 500TD passes….now he’s like Haynesworth, got what he wanted and he doesn’t care anymore.

32. Nsblend says: Oct 13, 2010 2:20 PM

tommy john…. IR

33. Krashie21 says: Oct 13, 2010 2:22 PM

Without question, the greatest FRAUD and PHONY in the history of the NFL.
    Good thing he’s only dealing with the Vi-Queens fan base who probably believe everything he says and takes it as the gospel truth.
    I’d hate to see a lockout, but a lockout would likely keep Lord Favre away from the league, so he can go back to Mississippi and get cleaned out in the divorce.
    The faster he’s gone the better…….the most selfish athlete since Cal Ripken Jr. and that’s saying something……..

34. slegeir says: Oct 13, 2010 2:31 PM

Why isn’t he in Mississippi trying to save his marriage? Maybe he can’t face his family right now. Oh, forgot, football is the most important thing to him. What a loser.

35. Ridge_Runner says: Oct 13, 2010 2:31 PM

Sounds to me that he is setting himself up to bow out if the going gets tough. Sad.
    I predicted he’d be gone mid-season if not Week Six. It is starting to sound like I was 100% correct. Dude should have just stayed retired.

36. GeeBee says: Oct 13, 2010 2:37 PM

I am so thoroughly enjoying watching this pig go up in flames. It keeps getting better and better. You just can’t make this stuff up.

37. GeeBee says: Oct 13, 2010 2:38 PM

38. blmonroe12 says: Oct 13, 2010 2:40 PM

Might be time to take Old Yeller out behind the barn… Its not easy, but it has to be done..

39. ravenfan820 says: Oct 13, 2010 2:40 PM

will be on IR by week 8

40. Charles Wood says: Oct 13, 2010 2:42 PM

ThatGuy says:
    October 13, 2010 2:02 PM
    ———————————————–
    The Vikings are a collective- just like the rest of the teams in the NFL. They won games and lost championships waaaaaaaay before Favre showed up and will continue to do so post Favre. You simply cannot speculate what may or may have not been. Are you 100% certain the Vikes would be 1-3 if Tarvaris had started?? No… Simply put- the odds are actually better the Vikings would be 4-0, 3-1, or 2-2 than worse.
    Favre’s penchant for throwing picks in the last minute of the game are actually more probable than him leading a come from behind victory- especially in key games. Look at the stats. It just keep happening. So in theory- the Vikings are going to need more than a decent QB to actually put them over their proverbial hump of suck. To win it all, they’re gonna need a quality coaching staff and a GM/owner who knows when to not mortgage the future by signing temporary bandaids. Just my opinion.

41. Mrsteve says: Oct 13, 2010 2:43 PM

PFTiswhatitis says: October 13, 2010 2:19 PM
    So its the Vikes and the 49ers in the superbowl?
    Another genius.
    You must be a Saints fan.

42. jimmySee says: Oct 13, 2010 2:45 PM

With Brett not throwing in practice — it’s got to be more difficult to get in sync with Randy. It’s a classic football “catch 22.”

43. lphudock says: Oct 13, 2010 2:47 PM

“I don’t want to play just to play. I want to play, get some hot sideline reporter tail, sext any and everyone I can, blow games on the final drive, lay the foundation for a quick, mid-season exit, screw over this franchise for the foreseeable future, count my money and go home. But, under no circumstances, do I want to play just to play.”

44. SJ Apollo says: Oct 13, 2010 2:49 PM

“The Cowboys could actually win the Super Bowl this year”
    I’m with you on rooting for the Cowboys this week…hold on, I need to throw up…alright, I’m back. But can we just be honest here and realize that the Cowboys, Vikings, and Packers are not Super Bowl teams this year.
    The Packers are just too banged up. Teams that win the Super Bowl aren’t missing a MLB (Barnett), a starting safety (Burnett), his backup (Bigby), the backup’s backup (Martin), a starting running back (Grant), a starting tight end (Finley), his backup (Lee), a defensive end (Pickett), a quarterback (Rodgers), and a right tackle (Tauscher). Am I missing anyone? There’s a lot of luck that goes with winning the Super Bowl, and injuries are probably the most important aspect. I think Green Bay will get a few of those guys back in the coming weeks and could push for a playoff spot, but the Super Bowl is getting more unlikely with every update of the injury report.
    Dallas is 1-3. Minnesota is 1-3. Teams that start out 1-3 have a 7.8% chance of making the playoffs. They have a 0.3% chance of making the Super Bowl. Is it possible? Sure. Is it possible with Wade Phillips and Brad Childress? I have my doubts.

45. Charles Wood says: Oct 13, 2010 2:49 PM

Krashie21 says:
    October 13, 2010 2:22 PM
    Without question, the greatest FRAUD and PHONY in the history of the NFL.
    ———————————————-
    I agree… and I don’t think i’ve ever seen a QB celebrate with such a violent fist pump. Bert’s arm is fine… it’s the mind that goes during a senior moment.

46. CaCheesehead says: Oct 13, 2010 2:57 PM

Someone want to ask Chilly why he had his rag armed QB chucking it 50 yards down field with 2 seconds left in a game he was losing by 9 points? Why put that extra strain on his elbow when it was clearly hurting. Take a knee, call in the dogs and move on to next week.

47. TheSleepness says: Oct 13, 2010 2:59 PM

Dallas season comes to an end sunday

48. CKL says: Oct 13, 2010 3:03 PM

Of course he’d be open to “sitting out”. Here’s what could happen. He starts the game, preserves the streak, then clutches the elbow in pain, then sits for the rest of the game. Streak and ego preserved. He did something similar vs the Pats in 06 and magically was ready for the next game. Can’t remember what his “issue” was then, but much of it may have been the butt whooping the Pats were laying on GB. Had Rodgers done well in that game I can just about guarantee BF would have forced his way back in at some point (Sherman would have let him, no doubt)but I bet he was having too much fun watching his hated nemesis struggling.
    Also, if I ever become a serial killer, I think I want Hauschild as my defense attorney. :D

49. go big green says: Oct 13, 2010 3:03 PM

give him a break. he can barely pick up his stack of dimes…..well that might be age related….

50. Profanity in ALL CAPS says: Oct 13, 2010 3:04 PM

as a vikings fan, normally I would be concerned with them at 1-3, but there was something clicking late in that game Monday. favre jokes aside, stay tuned. 1-3 is not ideal, but it is far from a record where you start panicking.

51. Rafterman says: Oct 13, 2010 3:05 PM

Don’t let the door knob hit ya, where the good lord split ya!
    What really amazes me is that he is still making fools out of so many people.

52. tamer says: Oct 13, 2010 3:06 PM

favre is done. that’s the bottom line.

53. garywizard says: Oct 13, 2010 3:06 PM

Daunte Culpepper to the rescue after a 5 touchdown performance for the Mountain Lions on friday night on HD-Net … Directv channel 306

54. NoRingsForYou says: Oct 13, 2010 3:07 PM

Krashie21 says:
    “The elbow only hurts on incompletions, INTs and the throws he didn’t make, yet, no sign of pain or injury on the touchdown throws????”
    And it doesn’t seem to hurt after he throws the TD’s and does his fist pumping celebration.

55. Skinbin says: Oct 13, 2010 3:09 PM

Anybody want to bet that Farve will retire after the next loss ( Probably next week)

56. Chuck Jones says: Oct 13, 2010 3:10 PM

When Favre says “missing games” he means taking the first snap, handing off the Peterson, then hitting the locker room to send some text messages…
    Remember the thumb injury in GB??? He will not miss a start.
    You have to listen to Favre the same way you listen to the Clintons. Whatever you thought he said was the exact opposite of what he meant to say. And if he’s looking hard to his left while saying it.. it’s a total lie!

57. neuropsych says: Oct 13, 2010 3:12 PM

As a Vikes fan, I was incredibly pessimistic coming into this season and have felt we were going to lose each of our first four games, prior to their kickoff (including Lions). After Monday’s game, I am actually incredibly confident for the first time, maybe delusional, but confident. Our offense looked like an offense and our defense has been pretty solid this season. With that being said, I think the Vikes destroy the Cowboys this weekend due mostly to their offensive line. I think our CB’s will be exploited, but just too many sacks for them to overcome. I am probably wrong, and the Vikes will let me down as they do every single year and Favre will choke away a few games, but it doesn’t matter, I am still going to cheer like hell for them every week and keep reading this ridiculous anonymous chatter.

58. OregonBearsFan says: Oct 13, 2010 3:13 PM

Hauschild get real.
    Favre is getting old, ailing, and is not as mobile in the pocket as he used to be. At the same time, defenses are getting bigger, faster, and stronger. This is a lethal combination. The guy’s got a target on his back in every game because the defenses know if you take out Favre it’s your best chance to win. He’s got Dallas, Green Bay, then New England coming up. It’s only a matter of weeks before he’s sent to the bench. The only question is who’s going to send him there.

59. tougie says: Oct 13, 2010 3:13 PM

# CapsLockKey says: October 13, 2010 2:05 PM
    The toy he really wants to play with was sent via text message to a Deanna Favre look a like.

60. dfeltz says: Oct 13, 2010 3:14 PM

As a die hard Bears fan, Brett Favre was awesome. For the jackass who said he’d rather have Manning now instead of Favre in his prime, clearly never watched him play in the mid to late 90′s.

61. HomoforRomo says: Oct 13, 2010 3:15 PM

All Favre has now is the records anybody who throws for 3000 yds a season would have if they played for 20 years. Once Peyton obliterates his records in 15, his career will be remembered as it should be, a slightly above average QB who was fortunate/stupid enough to play for 20+ years.

62. Vikadontis Rex says: Oct 13, 2010 3:15 PM

Favre is NOT done. My God people EVERY game the Vikings have lost this year we have had the ball down less than a TD in the final minutes and just havent produced. In the first 2 losses we had absolutely nobody to throw to, and against the Jets we finally had Moss but couldnt play him in the 2 minute drill because he didnt know the offense yet.
    The Vikings, barring more injuries, will be fine this year. Our defense is playing better than it has in recent history and our offense showed promise in the second half. If Randy and Favre can continue to mesh the way they did in the final 30 minutes, the team could definitely turn this season around. Remember, the Vikings were 1-3 in 2008 before finishing 9-3 and winning the division, WITH GUS FREROTTE AT QUARTERBACK.

63. PirateFreedom says: Oct 13, 2010 3:16 PM

tendonitis in the elbow can be a biatch for us old guys
    I didn’t believe my doctor when she told me it would take 9 months to recover even if I didn’t aggravate it further.
    Now 5 months later I’m starting to believe it will take that long although it still baffles me that it would take so much longer to heal than any broken bone I’ve ever had.
    farking elbows. how do they work?

64. WhoDeySood5 says: Oct 13, 2010 3:16 PM

damnvarmint says:
    October 13, 2010 2:15 PM
    ————————————————–
    Anyone w/the consecutive game streak could have/would have set the records he did. Favre sucks, he’s a scumbag and a lousy teammate. On top of that, i wish he would go home and deny us the “pleasure of watching him play”….get real man, i almost throw up watching his games due to the constant suck-off from the talking heads…..No one outside of GB,or MINN could give a sh*t less about this chump.

65. Bob Loblaw says: Oct 13, 2010 3:20 PM

My prediction is that Favre will keep starting, but will get pulled at halftime a few times (even in close games) to ice the elbow. However, he will go back in late in the 4th quarter if the Vikings are down 7 or less.
    Basically, he’ll be treated like a 41 year old starting pitcher. Give him some 5 inning starts then go to the bullpen. It will save on wear and tear.
    You’ll know this is the Vikings plan if Joe Webb is active, and not designated the emergency quarterback. Hopefully that means Webb may actually get to play in a Wildcat type of package. he’s too good an athlete to not get him the ball 4 or 5 times a game.
    Also, as I mentioned earlier, the Vikings are in decent shape despite their record. When looking at the schedule and finding the 4 or 5 games they most likely were going to lose, the games at New Orleans and the Jets were two of the 4 or 5 probable losses. That means the Dolphins loss puts them one game behind expectations. And with Green Bay depleted by injuries and Chicago not really talented or playing well despite their record, they may be able to get by with 1 or 2 less wins than expected.
    So they have to win their other winnable games, and not have any slips ups like last year’s losses at Chicago and Carolina. Minus that last drive Monday night, the Vikings looked to have their offense figured out in the 2nd half once they made a switch at center and were able to call out and pick up blitzes. Throw in Moss getting a chance to work into the offense, AP, and a pretty good defense at keeping the ball out of the end zone and they are the kind of team that can get a roll and win 5 or 6 in a row.

66. jonnyb says: Oct 13, 2010 3:20 PM

To Hauschild……You said perfect! Thank you! To the rest of the Packer, Saints, Viking haters, you really need to get a life. Yes Favre has its faults, but its a honor to watch and have him on our team. This man was your god for years, half the state of wisconsin named their kids after him, and now he is playing for the Vikings and you say this about him? You are all PATHETIC!!! And to the Saints fans……congrats on the Superbowl win, but you know as well as everyone else does, that the Vikings kicked the Saints up and down the field!!!

67. skimbell says: Oct 13, 2010 3:34 PM

Hauschild says:
    October 13, 2010 2:18 PM
    …You people – I swear – are so God darned dumb, ya know? Only 4 games have been played and the Vikings have been in EVERY one of them…

———————
    Quit whining for christ sake.
    You’re one of the loudmouths that spent the entire off-season assuring everyone that it was a done deal and the queens were just pissing around waiting to pick up their Lomabrdi.
    How’s that working out for you?
    Fact is, your Bi-queens are stinking the joint up. Hell of a way to audition for a new facility, especially with the notoriously fickle/bandwagon fans that live in Minnihaha.
    You’d do well to start getting all pumped up on tha Pack like Minnesotans did before the NFL put your expansion joke in town.

68. EdgeRusher says: Oct 13, 2010 3:38 PM

20 years, 1 SB and many heart breaking endings…..can you say stat whore and over rated???

69. Billsgotballs says: Oct 13, 2010 3:50 PM

“Super Bowl?! Are you kidding me? Super bowl? I just hope we win a game!”

70. Krashie21 says: Oct 13, 2010 3:51 PM

SJ Apollo says:
    October 13, 2010 2:49 PM
    “The Cowboys could actually win the Super Bowl this year”
    ___________________________________
    SJApollo……..
    I was meaning, that the Cowboys winning an SB wouldn’t equal the joy I’d experience if the ‘Boys beat Lord Favre this weekend.
    I’m a HUGE Cowboys fan, but I’m not THAT delusional to believe they’ll win this year, or any other that Wade is coaching……or any year that Jerry is the GM.

71. PurplePeopleBeaters says: Oct 13, 2010 3:53 PM

# jonnyb says: October 13, 2010 3:20 PM
    ————————————————–
    Except on the scoreboard right? Viqueens fans are sooooo stupid, thinking stats matter in the final score.
    “There are 3 types of lies…lies, damned lies and statistics.”
    Fact is, the Saints have beaten the Viqueens 2 straight times now. There’s no hope for your team this year, sorry.

72. IBleedDCRed says: Oct 13, 2010 3:53 PM

I used to be a Favre fan, but as the years go by it gets worse and worse. People still gloat about how “good” he is and all his records. What people don’t understand or mention is that he also now has all the Bad records, and he he wouldn’t have Any of these records if he didn’t play for 20 years, and longevity is the only thing I’ll give him at this point. Let’s also think that in the 20 years he’s been playing, he’s only won One superbowl? I would take Dan Marino over Favre any day of the week, and he never got One. He should have retired when he left Green Bay and he would have gone out respected. Now, he’s gonna go out with injuries and law suits. He doest want to be remembered like that, but it looks like he’s stuck with it. Hell, he could have gone out last season on a good note, but god forbid anything less than a superbowl be good enough for him.

73. Scrodge2010 says: Oct 13, 2010 4:00 PM

Why is Childress still coaching this team? I know switching coaches mid season isn’t a good idea, but, I mean, c’mon…this guy obviously isn’t the Franchise type coach they’re looking for right now. He’s proven he is subject to the will of the players rather than running the show no matter what.

74. Floridacock says: Oct 13, 2010 4:00 PM

Brett is good for the press and bloggers. Gives them something to preach about.

75. tougie says: Oct 13, 2010 4:07 PM

# jonnyb says: October 13, 2010 3:20 PM
    OK you whiny Vikings / Favre fans, if Packers fans aren’t allowed to use injuries as an excuse then please stop claiming you were cheated out of the NFC Championship game and how you have been in every other game this year, but… Brett Favre has been living up to his expectations since leaving the Packers, turnovers at the MOST inopportune times and to top that he throws a pick 6 to end seasons and chances at Superbowls. HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!

76. NoRingsForYou says: Oct 13, 2010 4:07 PM

jonnyb says:
    “the Vikings kicked the Saints up and down the field!!!”
    Is there anything more pathetic than fans of the losing team yapping about how they out played the team that actually won the game? Check the scoreboard, fools.
    The reason Vikings fans are laughable isn’t just that they’re excited to have Favre, it’s because they’re acting the same way Packer fans used to act – worshipping Him and making excuses for Him. Those are the very same things Vikes fans used to make fun of Packer fans for. Hypocrites. But that’s what happens when you’re so desperate for a ring you’ll never have.

77. Bordner says: Oct 13, 2010 4:21 PM

Charles Wood says:
    October 13, 2010 2:42 PM
    ————————————————-
    I think I read somewhere where he has over twice as many come-from-behind wins than game-ending picks. That would put it at 21 or 22 game-enders?
    I think it probably seems like more because the interceptions were more crushing when they happened vs. the excitement of the victory when he brought the team from behind. I remember feeling absolutely devastated after the picks in Philly and against NY in the NFCC, but although I enjoyed the last minute victories, I don’t remember feeling that elated with the victories – maybe more relieved?
    All I know is that even to this day, if he has the ball in his hands, whatever team he is playing for still has a chance to win. But I would love it if we didn’t have to watch any more wins.

78. David says: Oct 13, 2010 4:35 PM

An honor to have him on our Team???
    Really, you think we couldn’t have – shouldn’t have done better than begging him to come back for “one last fling” ?
    When are you Vikings retards going to quit. We will not win a Super Bowl ! It does not matter if Favre is here or not, he is only here for the money, not to “prove” anything like everyone is preaching about him. The only thing he has proven so far this season is that he should not have came back and allowed us to spend our money on a player who still has potential left for a few years.

79. Viks_2009_SuperBoleCHAMPS! says: Oct 13, 2010 4:51 PM

chillydress iz da best coach and evryones no it..

80. Viks_2009_SuperBoleCHAMPS! says: Oct 13, 2010 5:08 PM

the vikings totally crushed the saints !! the refs robbed us of a ring and let the saints cheat all day with illegal hits on farve !! everyone knows the game was a setup by the refs cuz the nfl was feeling sorry for them because of katrina. the hurican was years ago, get over it already. you lost that game and you know it.

81. Pervy xx says: Oct 13, 2010 5:33 PM

SJ Apollo says:But can we just be honest here and realize that the Cowboys, Vikings, and Packers are not Super Bowl teams this year.
    ===================================
    Speek for your worthless Packers that a worthless Redskin team beat up like you were girls… I see the Vikings making a big run,we are far more talented than all the other North teams. We will be in the playoffs and the NFC is weak this year.10-6 will make it easy

82. Pervy xx says: Oct 13, 2010 5:56 PM

SJ Apollo….Speak …there ,fixed my typo. Now you have nothing to say back!

83. Viks_2009_SuperBoleCHAMPS! says: Oct 13, 2010 6:00 PM

vikings easily run the table from here on out. don’t lump us in with the crappy fugpackers for cowgirls.

84. paulyo says: Oct 13, 2010 6:35 PM

….. still waiting for proof that any pics and voice messages were unsolicited!
    Doesn’t matter if anything was solicited. It still goes against the NFL Player Conduct Code and he can still be suspended by Goddell. Time wil tell if Goddell sticks to his guns and treats everyone the same.(No matter who they are)

85. Patsfan1776 says: Oct 13, 2010 7:09 PM

“Doc, it’s the darndest thang. My elbow hurts like hell when I throw a pic but I don’t feel a thang when I throw a TD.”

86. footballfella says: Oct 13, 2010 7:44 PM

I personally think that Favre may very well sit out, but it will have more to do with the likelihood of being suspended than it does with the health of his elbow. If it looks like he’s going to be suspended, then he will claim his elbow is too sore to play just so his consecutive games started streak doesn’t go in the record books as having been ended by a (sexual harassment-related) suspension. That way, he can end the streak on his own terms and claim it was ended by the injury, even if he is later suspended.

87. saftgek says: Oct 13, 2010 7:57 PM

Will someone pleeeeeze tie a very large rock to Mr. Favre’s feet and toss him into a very deep lake? If not that, then get him the intense psychological therapy he so seriously needs.
    As to the Vikings, it does not matter who hold the head coach position. This franchise is pitifully incapable of going the distance. One of the biggest reasons is the profound lack of discipline and established expectations.
    Unless and until someone takes the reins and actually runs the team, the Vikings will remain a perpetual disappointment.
    There’s nothing new or surprising about the Vikings. They are who they are, not unlike other Minnesota teams. Save for 2 World Series, the Twins are the baseball equivalent of the Vikings.

88. Ross says: Oct 13, 2010 9:25 PM

Favre will still have some moments of greatness, but like old players they will become much rarer. He is in serious decline and will be lucky to finish the season. He can’t sustain effort for an entire game. Last year was his last good chance and he blew it just like he has blown it so many times before. Now he has destroyed his public image. He is a minor sociopath.

89. Steeler Fan in Germantown says: Oct 14, 2010 10:08 AM

As much as I hate Favre and his ego, I’ve got to pull for him just this week against the Jerry Jones Cowboys. I’d just love to watch Jerry’s face melt as the “Boys lose another one.
    Wade’s job is safe, for now. When does “for now” end?
    Maybe we can get Brett to text a pic of his junk to Jerry during half time. I think Jerry would like that. Better yet, as Jerry is pacing the sidelines in the waning moments of the game, Brett could throw an errant pass (he’s good at that) and stick it right in Jerry’s ear.
    If Brett retires or benches himself before the year is up, will he return some of the $20 Million?
    As much as I can’t stomach the man anymore, it truly is a shame to see someone so talented, who had a great career and was idolized by so many people (especially in Green Bay), become a joke. It’s another case of not knowing when to quit.
    His image is now irrepairably tarnished, regardless of the issue in New York. He will be despised just like the baseball players that were on the juice and lied about it.

90. Mike Hunt says: Oct 14, 2010 10:49 AM

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and over and over and expecting different results. With the addition of Moss Brett will really be in the gunslinging mode especially when he decides that Chilly’s plan isn’t working and puts the game on his back. He is 41 and he has been GRANTED” his desired toy (Moss). He knows that this is it as far as opportunities. I feel sorry for AP because he is going to get lost in all this mess.

91. shaggytoodle says: Oct 15, 2010 3:22 PM

I don’t want to play just to play.
    That means when Favre realizes he can’t turn it around and they are 2-6 in a few weeks don’t be too surprised if he dips on out.
    That would be silverlining. Maybe you would be able to realize you have a serviceable QB in T-Jack, the Vikings were much better as a run first team.