Ines Sainz will avoid NFL locker rooms

With Jenn Sterger getting way more attention than TV Azteca reporter Ines Sainz ever did as a result of their mutual experiences with one or more members of the New York Jets, Sainz did the only thing she could to reclaim the spotlight.

Per Sports BusinessDaily (aggregating various reports), Sainz held a news conference.

Seriously.

Yes, Sainz held a news conference.  To announce that she’s returning to work, and to explain that she won’t be returning to any NFL locker rooms.  Instead, she plans to conduct interviews from the field or the sidelines.

Of course, the NFL first would have to give her clearance to work near the field or on the sidelines before, during, or after games.  Unless she’s affiliated with a TV or radio organization that has purchased the right to broadcast the games, this could be difficult to accomplish.

But at least she can count on the guys in the stands at the games to behave like perfect gentlemen while she’s doing her work.

Permalink 38 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
38 Responses to “Ines Sainz will avoid NFL locker rooms”
  1. DonTerrelli says: Oct 15, 2010 1:15 PM

Good. She shouldn’t be in the locker room anyway.

2. Katmanduu says: Oct 15, 2010 1:21 PM

With an ass like that, too bad.
    Seriously though….in this country, female professionals, even if they have that kind of ass, should not flaunt it like this gal does. If a female professional dressed like that in the corporate world, she would be sent home. Someone needs to explain to her that she needs to dress the part. See Linda Cone, Jackie McMullan and even Erin Roberts. While none of these folks as what Sainz has, that’s besides the point. They are pros and they dress the part. This school of thought may not apply back home in Me-hico, but it applies here and God Goodell should think about that before panicing further and instituting these ridiculous rules.

3. JuicyMelon says: Oct 15, 2010 1:21 PM

Say what you will, but I think it’s kinda sad that she won’t be going into the locker rooms anymore. She should be allowed to do her job and the NFL players (who also happen to be performing a job when they should meet) should show some restraint. I mean how hard is that? I see a pretty girl, I turn away and keep thoughts to myself. Simple.

4. Floriostoupee says: Oct 15, 2010 1:29 PM

Until she learns to dress for her profession, she shouldn’t have had the right to choose, the NFL should just outright ban her from the locker rooms to begin with!

5. shaggytoodle says: Oct 15, 2010 1:30 PM

That still wouldn’t save you from the Jets, especially if your interviewing Joe Namath or the QB would somehow be able to get your phone number.

6. TheChipDawg says: Oct 15, 2010 1:38 PM

Change can be a good thing… but some things should never change. Women should NEVER be in a male locker room. Think back to high school, college… women don’t belong in a mens locker room, and men only belong in a women’s locker room to do pranks that are funny.

7. ANUoldman says: Oct 15, 2010 1:50 PM

Florio, seems like you are always pro-press and now you post something like this?
    She’s a legitimate member of the press and should be able to go anywhere any other member of the press does to do their job.
    Now there is a trend of hiring TV press in the USA that are very attractive females so this issue is not going away any time soon.
    I’m sure some of them are actually gonna have the nerve to wear jeans and a blouse also.
    But what should go away is this BS, Roethlisberger-like ‘she was asking for it’ position that many rapists, and evidently Florio too, are taking.

8. I♥Patriots says: Oct 15, 2010 2:01 PM

# JuicyMelon says: October 15, 2010 1:21 PM
    =====================================
    You have this right. They should be able to control themselves for ten minutes when she does her interviews. OTOH, what do you really expect from a bunch of guys in their early to late 20’s in an NFL locker room, especially the Jets. Most professional women want to be treated as equals and that shouldn’t be too much to ask. But we need to act as equals as well. Some women just bitch too much and expect special treatment and attention.
    I’m sure most women have had similar comments made to them, I know I have, but you have to let it go. Boys will be boys.

9. Aaron says: Oct 15, 2010 2:04 PM

Restraint? She was freaked out by all the wiener in the locker room and that’s what caused her to put those comments up on twitter. Is it your opinion that men shouldn’t change in the locker room after practice because a female reporter is in there?

10. JRG3 says: Oct 15, 2010 2:08 PM

I think its only a matter of time before her and Sterger team up to for the greatest journalistic duo of all time…oh i meant they’ll have a show on cable to flaunt their “profesionalism”. like a dating show featuring both of them called “Double Standard”

11. sbaezk88 says: Oct 15, 2010 2:14 PM

The NFL has allowed things to get this way…. it is a locker room where MEN go to clean up after games. Reporters period should not be allowed to dig this deep into a mans personal life.
    However, she’s a woman that has gotten as far as she has becuase of good looks…. this is not the time or the place to dresss inappropriately and expect respect. She is intruding amongst them and never(unless they cross the touch barrier) should it be considered the other way around. And JUICYMELON, you should show some restraint from writing “I mean how hard is that? I see a pretty girl, I turn away and keep thoughts to myself. Simple.” BE A MAN SIR

12. BigAlHeBDMan says: Oct 15, 2010 2:14 PM

Poor Girl. She won’t be capturing headlines around the NFL.

13. SB42everyyear says: Oct 15, 2010 2:21 PM

Let’s say a man is assigned as a reporter to a women’s team. This man shows up in a muscle shirt, and super tight pants with his “package” protruding noticeably from inside is trousers. Wouldn’t one think that man is a freak of nature? Wouldn’t one think reps from that woman’s team would say something to him about it?
    Double standard at work her guys. The sl$t shows up looking like a hooker and wonders why people bust her chops and why people don’t take her seriously. If she was a good reporter she wouldn’t require that look. But I guess that’s the only way she can get noticed.

14. Whodey08 says: Oct 15, 2010 2:22 PM

She can claim her choice of fashion should not matter.
    Reality says when you dress to be sexy many will not consider you a professional journalist.
    As pointed out above there are many “hot” journalist; yet since they dress like a journalist they are treated as one.
    Is that such a hard concept to grasp?

15. Sting Ray says: Oct 15, 2010 2:32 PM

The NFL should have a dress code for reports so that they have to have minimum standards of professionalism in their attire. Let the lawyers work their magic…

16. NyJetsTaketheEastin 2010 says: Oct 15, 2010 2:41 PM

Does this mean she wont be spray painting on her clothes anymore, the league should step in and set standards for the clothing these broads can wear if there going to be covering NFL events , maybe these SO-CALLED reporters ,I mean come on this chick doesn’t know the Difference between our brand of football and her mexican homeland’s brand of football .She’s out there because she’ll attract attention to a stupid ass mexican television station….

17. FrankZappa says: Oct 15, 2010 2:46 PM

how about you do us all a favor, and instead of complaining, just not write a story at all about it, then we will all save time because i wont have to ask you why you think anybody cares about this strumpet at all…it wasnt even a story to begin with, the horse is dead, lets move on

18. JuicyMelon says: Oct 15, 2010 3:07 PM

sbaezk88 says:
    October 15, 2010 2:14 PM
    ___________________________________
    Ever been in a locker room? Plenty of room to accomplish everything. It’s pathetic that she has to defend herself in this situation. Or that she should stay out of the locker room.

19. granadafan says: Oct 15, 2010 3:55 PM

Reporters and especially women don’t belong in a MEN’S locker room. Period. If they need to do interviews, the NFL should force the players to make themselves available either before or after they change. It’s not professional to be interviewing a naked member of the opposite sex.

20. mgulrud says: Oct 15, 2010 4:02 PM

why is there media in the locker room at all? cmon its stupid. And I dont feel bad for any person who dresses this way and gets a reaction because of it.. If one of my employees showed up for work dressed like that I would send their ass (hot as it may be) home to change.

21. dlmcc0909 says: Oct 15, 2010 4:04 PM

I dont care how PC this country wants to be. Im not going for it. A woman has no place in a mans locker room, and vice versa.
    So if I have to take a leak at work and the stalls are crowded, can I use a womans room? No I cant, I would be fired. Because I have no place there, its called decency. The only reason this woman got anywhere is because of her looks. So when she wanders around dressed for attention, shes going to get attention and the comments that go with it. No one put their hands on her. No one propositioned her.
    Now because we are so uptight in this country, this loser got 15 minutes of fame she didnt deserve. Get them out of the locker room, you have no business in an area where men are naked.

22. Wazzu says: Oct 15, 2010 4:06 PM

I give it 3 months before she’s on the cover of Playboy, then her 15 minutes will be over and everyone will forget her.

23. Bens Bodyguard says: Oct 15, 2010 4:19 PM

This is too bad because junk aka S Holmes could have tickled her from 5 lockers away

24. njhitman says: Oct 15, 2010 4:30 PM

Floriostoupee says:
    October 15, 2010 1:29 PM
    ——————————-
    OMG with that ass anything she wears will be busting nuts

25. AllThat says: Oct 15, 2010 4:32 PM

She could interview Colin Montgomerie in the girls locker room…….So Mrs Doubtfire, how was your game today?
    just sayin…

26. tonyro says: Oct 15, 2010 4:32 PM

Easy solution to this problem: NO media should be allowed in the locker room. Have players and coaches available for a set period of time after the game in a media room and/or on the sidelines. Why is this so difficult?

27. njhitman says: Oct 15, 2010 4:33 PM

JuicyMelon says:
    October 15, 2010 1:21 PM
    ———————————
    Are men reporters able to go into women locker rooms NO !!!! So with that said shit she would get a eye full if I was there

28. shadowman1433 says: Oct 15, 2010 5:05 PM

I guess she will have to stick to street corners.

29. DaVikes says: Oct 15, 2010 5:28 PM

Locker rooms everywhere are disappointed.

30. conníe says: Oct 15, 2010 5:39 PM

Right, from now on she’ll be stationed outside the locker room, in a thong and pasties.

31. Floridacock says: Oct 15, 2010 5:46 PM

Good! Actually all women AND men reporters should be banned from the locker room, at least for the first 30 minutesa after a game. This manly men thing is getting old. A little privacy please.

32. Wet Paper Bag says: Oct 15, 2010 5:49 PM

It’s not all about WHAT she wears, rather it has to do more with how she conducts herself WHILE wearing what she does.
    Let’s not kid ourselves here. She wears the kind of clothes she wears because she wants the attention from the male athletes to give her an edge over other reporters. Then on top of that, she flirts with them while she conducts an interview. Look at her track record from covering various soccer games in other countries and her “reporting” during our Superbowl. Instead of getting pertinent info on what a player is doing to prepare for the big game, she’s measuring their biceps! She’s literally using a tape measure and actually measuring the player’s flexed bicep! Not only that, she sat on the tops of players shoulders “while conducting an interview” and she even wore a wedding dress to draw attention to herself for an interview. And it works! She even got a player to carry her like if he was carrying her over the threshold!

33. CanadianVikingFanII says: Oct 15, 2010 5:52 PM

Can I get a McSexy burger?

34. ICDogg says: Oct 15, 2010 6:21 PM

[Pedro is having a panic attack after smoking Man’s dope]
    Man Stoner: Here, man, mellow out. Here, take this
    [Pedro swallows the capsule]
    Man Stoner: No, wait a minute don’t take that.
    Pedro: [Worried] Hey, man; what was that shit you gave me?
    Man Stoner: Man, that was the most acid I ever saw anyone take at one time, man.
    Pedro: [panicing] Acid! Man, I don’t mess with that shit, man. A guy in my neighborhood took some once, his head swelled up and everything, man!
    Man Stoner: [laughing] Ho, ho, ho; man, I hope you’re not planning on doing anything for the next couple of months.

35. spyboots says: Oct 15, 2010 6:30 PM

If she wants to be “respected,” then she should dress respectfully instead of dressing to be “noticed.”

36. Blackn'Gold says: Oct 15, 2010 8:00 PM

Oh, the burdens of being beautiful. Is it coincidence that both incidents occurred with the New York Jets? Perhaps, it speaks to the culture of the New York Jets organization? This didn’t this happen with the New York Giants. Same town. Same league. You don’t hear any of this in Dallas which is supposed to be the home of America’s team.
    GO STEELERS!

37. robsterNY says: Oct 16, 2010 1:23 PM

@ Blackn’Gold
    You hear about this stuff in ALL sports…where the hell are you from?..Mars?…Get your head out of your ass!

38. JetsFan80 says: Oct 17, 2010 2:06 AM

The broad doesn’t belong in the locker room anyway. A total non-story Florio