What should the Redskins do with Albert Haynesworth?

Usually, I post Florio’s chat with Rodney Harrison while in a car back to my apartment.

But this week, I’m working from the West Coast and was reminded how superior it is to watch football out here.  I just watched 11 hours of football and it’s barely past 9PM.  Awesome.

Now I have more time to watch Florio and Rodney talk about Sunday’s helmet-to-helmet hits, the Cowboys’ struggles, and what the Redskins should do with Albert Haynesworth.  Remember him?

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Washington Redskins
23 Responses to “What should the Redskins do with Albert Haynesworth?”
  1. RedLeg15 says: Oct 18, 2010 12:42 AM

James Harrison. Obvious to me multiple Illegal hits. Brandon Meriweather. Had at least two hits to the head on Todd Heap. Were any of these flagged?
    Not from what I saw today.
    The dude who hit DeSean Jackson… I don’t even know the guys name got flagged for what seemed to be a legal hit. He did not lead with his head. Shoulder impacted first according to my DVR. Also he didn’t leave his feet launching himself.
    That hit was a high speed collision. Not someone launching themselves as a missile with intent to injure.

2. jjcruiser says: Oct 18, 2010 12:42 AM

No way. West Coast watching sucks. Football at 10am? Even with Sunday Ticket and RedZone, it’s not good.

3. Contra says: Oct 18, 2010 1:22 AM

jjcruiser says:
    October 18, 2010 12:42 AM
    —-
    you clearly live in the boonies.
    You have no idea what it’s like to watch football all day and still be able to go out afterwards.

4. snarkygurl68 says: Oct 18, 2010 1:24 AM

I respectfully disagree jjcruiser. It’s pretty awesome to watch Sunday football starting @ 10 am and ending @ 9 pm! This coming from a recent former central time zone gal. In bed earlier for work on Monday and better able to stay up for Monday night football. Sweet!!

5. Gautam says: Oct 18, 2010 1:44 AM

who the hell wants to watch football at 10AM in the morning ?

6. rsa says: Oct 18, 2010 2:19 AM

“No way. West Coast watching sucks. Football at 10am?”
    Lucky you no live Hawai`i, brah! Football at 7am! :-)

7. rsa says: Oct 18, 2010 2:22 AM

Simple reason Haynesworth didn’t play. To preserve his trade value. The Redskins didn’t want him to blow out a knee, get a high ankle sprain, or whatever and kill any chance of dealing him in the next two days. Who knows, they may already have a deal in place.

8. Pokey Allen's Ghost says: Oct 18, 2010 5:25 AM

@GR
    “I’m working from the West Coast and was reminded how superior it is to watch football out here. I just watched 11 hours of football and it’s barely past 9PM. Awesome.”
    You said it.

9. theravenlives2 says: Oct 18, 2010 7:02 AM

The second Meriweather hit in Heap (the one where he laid on the field for like 5 minutes) was flagged. That was a cheap shot. You could see the guy was leading with his head.

10. Wheelchair Colt says: Oct 18, 2010 7:24 AM

@redleg15–think about changing your name to pinkleg15, then go open up a pack of rice cakes, and go cheer on the ping pong championships–u pansy..

11. ham1 says: Oct 18, 2010 8:45 AM

Trade em or play him. But dont play ego games. Last night Haynesworth would have really helped, and he wanted to play.
    If hes not traded what a croc. I mean he is the best player on that defense when hes playing. They say he couldnt play because he missed some practice. For crying out loud nobody on the skins has more experience than Haynesworth playing against Manning. He has heard that snap count before etc. Why, do we not want to win games? Is making a point more important? Arrgh!

12. Gailikk says: Oct 18, 2010 8:54 AM

As a west coast guy (Az) who has moved to the East (NC), I truly miss the 10 am starts and the early finish at 9 pm. It made weekends great.

13. longestlegs says: Oct 18, 2010 9:12 AM

Practice? Practice?
    Hold him out because he missed practice due to a death in the family? Sheeesh.
    What do you do with Haynesworth? Play him. Who cares if he missed practice, he would have been a great help last night. The Skins were getting a decent push already, he would have made a huge difference. Can’t stand Shanahan’s games.
    Kyle Shanahan has got to be the worst playcaller I’ve seen in a while. Just awful. And frustrating.

14. BigBear123 says: Oct 18, 2010 9:12 AM

Next time you’re out here stop by a casino. Every game on a huge screen.

15. Beam me up Scotty says: Oct 18, 2010 9:22 AM

You think the west coast is good for football watching, you should try Hawaii. Nothing better than sausage, beer and football at 7 a/m!

16. realitypolice says: Oct 18, 2010 9:23 AM

Gautam says:
    October 18, 2010 1:44 AM
    who the hell wants to watch football at 10AM in the morning ?
    ======================
    Ummm…….I do. Wake up at 9:30, have breakfast and turn on the TV for kickoff. Sounds a hell of alot better than having to suffer through hours of talking heads yammering on endlessly before kick off and having to stay up until midnight to see the end of the Sunday night game.
    Searching for the downside………………..nope, don’t see it.

17. realitypolice says: Oct 18, 2010 9:25 AM

SuperFan2010 says:
    October 18, 2010 8:44 AM
    @reg
    WTF does that have to do with Fat Albert?
    spew spew spew
    =================
    Says the guy who just reads the headlines and the comments. The helmet to helmet hits are brought up in the article, so commenting on them is entirely appropriate.

18. shaggeez says: Oct 18, 2010 10:11 AM

the desean jackson hit was perfectly legal. it only got flagged because desean was laying there comatose afterwards.
    the real guy who should get fined is kevin kolb for getting his receiver killed. you rarely see peyton or tom brady’s receivers take those kind of hits. eject kolb for causing his best receiver brain trauma

19. DanSnyderSux says: Oct 18, 2010 10:14 AM

As an East Coaster, I’d rather go to church, THEN watch football. Living out on the West Coast would prevent me from catching the entire game.

20. realitypolice says: Oct 18, 2010 10:40 AM

Wheelchair Colt says:
    October 18, 2010 7:24 AM
    ========================
    I love the way people on here think that because they like watching other people get hurt, that somehow makes them a tough guy.
    Watching real men beat the hell out of each other doesn’t make you one.

21. footballfan says: Oct 18, 2010 10:40 AM

*******
    I remember when I was a kid the priest used to stand up and say he was skipping the sermon so we wouldn’t miss the kickoff…lol

22. realitypolice says: Oct 18, 2010 10:41 AM

DanSnyderSux says:
    October 18, 2010 10:14 AM
    ====================
    Unless you have Tivo or a DVR like 95% of the civilized universe.

23. 3 yards and a cloud says: Oct 18, 2010 11:58 AM

Trade him. If you’re not going to let him play, then just send him on his way. It goes against the argument that you paid him $21 Million when you sit him.
    Find someone to give you a 3rd or take Tennessee’s 4th and let him move on. He’s a distraction to a team that has a real shot to win the NFC east with the way all four teams have played.