After fearing his season was over, Vince Young says he feels pretty good

A scary moment occurred in the first quarter of Monday night’s thrashing of the Jaguars by the Titans.  With Tennessee leading 7-0, quarterback Vince Young bobbled a snap and was twisted like an undercooked soft pretzel by a collection of Jaguars who were trying to get the ball.

After the game, he was asked for his initial thoughts about the knee-wrenching dog pile.  “Gone for the season,” Young said, per Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com.

Though he didn’t return to the game, he apparently dodged the bullet.

“Actually I felt pretty good overall, compared to the last time I hurt
my knee against Jacksonville.  I felt pretty good after this one,” Young
said.  “I thought it was going to be worse than that, but it’s all right
for now.”

He and coach Jeff Fisher said Young could have returned to the game, but that he would have lacked mobility.

“I would have been like Byron Leftwich at Marshall.  But I would have
definitely gotten back out there and played for my teammates,” Young said.

Unless and until tests prove otherwise, Young thinks he’ll be back sooner rather than later.  “I’m day-to-day.  I’m a fast healer.  I’m a strong healer,” Young said.
“We’ve got some great trainers that do a great job of getting guys back
out there.  I just want to take it day-by-day, and we’ll see when Sunday
gets here.”

On Sunday, the Titans host the Eagles in a clash of 4-2 teams.  Even if Kerry Collins, gets the assignment in place of Young, he knows there will be no quarterback controversy.

“I’m a backup,” Collins said, per McCormick.  “Vince is the starter.  Period.  The end.”

Collins completed 11 of 16 passes for 110 yards and a touchdown for the Titans, who won 30-3 and moved into a three-way for with the Texans and Colts for the AFC South lead.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
8 Responses to “After fearing his season was over, Vince Young says he feels pretty good”
  1. wsb123 says: Oct 19, 2010 7:35 AM

He would never play for Lombardi or Ditka

2. andyprough says: Oct 19, 2010 9:35 AM

wsb123 says: October 19, 2010 7:35 AM
    “He would never play for Lombardi or Ditka”
    ==============
    Oh yeah, because Jim McMahon was never emotional, or injured.
    Give me a break. Vince Young would have been a God-send for Ditka. Mike Ditka would have won 3 straight Super Bowls with guys like Young and Kerry Collins as his 1rst and 2nd string qbs, handing off to Payton, and relying on that Buddy Ryan 4-6 defense.

3. Ralph says: Oct 19, 2010 9:47 AM

He would never play for Lombardi or Ditka
    A. Lombardi is Dead.
    B. Ditka is retired.
    Astute observation. Pretty good bet that no one will ever play for either of these coaches again.

4. howitzer819 says: Oct 19, 2010 10:06 AM

wsb123 says:
    October 19, 2010 7:35 AM
    He would never play for Lombardi or Ditka
    ————————————————————
    Good point, considering he wasn’t alive when Lombardi coached and he was, what, 16 when Ditka last coached?

5. ninjapleazee says: Oct 19, 2010 10:41 AM

I’d take old reliable Kerry Collins over Brett Diva Favre anyday

6. Kevin from Philly says: Oct 19, 2010 11:54 AM

Tell you what – we’ll play the first half with our starter and your starter, and the second with our backup and your backup. Now, all we have to do is get Andy to tell us which is which.

7. NashvilleSeahawk says: Oct 19, 2010 12:14 PM

Vincent proved again last night that he is made of glass. Anytime a defensive player touches or breathes on Vincent, he lays on the ground and rolls around begging to be brought out of the game. Worthless.

8. cdt3 says: Oct 19, 2010 3:32 PM

Ditka wouldn’t use Vince? He sure sacrificed everything to get a Mack Brown trained Ricky Williams who never won a national title in college. Soft? He has a higher win % than Brett Favre, and as many wins as all the the best 5 Qbs of his generation at the same age. McNabb and EManning have never beaten PManning head to head like Young.