Brett Favre, Bus Cook met with NFL today

The NFL has conducted its interview with Vikings quarterback Brett Favre as it continues to investigate allegations that he sexually harassed Jenn Sterger when both were with the New York Jets.

Judd Zulgad of the Star Tribune reports that Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, attended the meeting with Favre. NFL Security V.P. Milt Ahlerich represented the league in the meeting, sources told ESPN’s Ed Werder.

Favre has declined to talk publicly about the allegations, which were first reported by Deadspin. There’s no word yet on what Favre told NFL Security behind closed doors.

For that matter, there’s no word on whether anyone has told the NFL much of anything in this investigation. Deadspin editor A.J. Daulerio told Will Brinson of CBSSports.com that he has not been contacted by the NFL. ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported that Sterger hasn’t cooperated with the NFL’s investigation, and that the league’s investigation could, as a result, hit a dead end this week.

So the NFL may not have much to go on in its investigation, other than whatever Favre said in today’s meeting. And if Cook was doing his job as Favre’s representative, Favre didn’t say anything that could get himself in trouble.

Permalink 66 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
66 Responses to “Brett Favre, Bus Cook met with NFL today”
  1. FireJerryJones says: Oct 19, 2010 5:43 PM

Thinkin’ Bus Cook didn’t drop trouser to prove … it coulda been anyone.
    Brett has a share plan…

2. FireJerryJones says: Oct 19, 2010 5:43 PM

Thinkin’ Bus Cook didn’t drop trouser to prove … it coulda been anyone.
    Brett has a share plan…

3. Contra says: Oct 19, 2010 5:43 PM

So really…this article is nothing more of a click generator without substance? Youve got my click.

4. Contra says: Oct 19, 2010 5:43 PM

5. PackFaninPackLand says: Oct 19, 2010 5:51 PM

If this story comes to an end what will Florio do for posts every day ???????????????
    Oh that’s right, just make up other crap on Favre.
    I’ve got it. blame the economy on him Mike, or maybe 9/11, hell even the JFK assassination.
    So what if that happened 6 years before Favre was even born. “Doesn’t matter” says Florio !
    You can’t STOP milking the golden cow, right Mike ???

6. PackFaninPackLand says: Oct 19, 2010 5:51 PM

Oh that’s right, just make up other crap on Favre.
    You can’t STOP milking the golden cow, right Mike ???

7. vegassquire says: Oct 19, 2010 5:53 PM

I don’t own a cell phone
    I don’t know that girl
    That is not my voice
    That is not my penis
    Gloria Allred gets another few million for her client to once again remain quite.
    I say Tiger Woods 1, Brett Farve 0 all around on this deal. At least Tiger got “something” to show for his money and public humiliation.

8. vegassquire says: Oct 19, 2010 5:53 PM

I don’t own a cell phone
    I don’t know that girl
    That is not my voice
    That is not my penis

9. Beam me up Scotty says: Oct 19, 2010 6:04 PM

There was nothing to start with!
    After 2 years, she suddenly tells a friend about this. It also just happens to coincide with the week he is playing the Jets. I’m don’t think they even needed that distraction laid on Favre, but I sure feel sorry for Deanna. Sterger ought to be proud of herself either way.

10. Beam me up Scotty says: Oct 19, 2010 6:04 PM

There was nothing to start with!

11. Pervy's Stepdad says: Oct 19, 2010 6:05 PM

If, by “say anything…,” you mean, “tell the truth.” you are probably right.

12. Pervy's Stepdad says: Oct 19, 2010 6:05 PM

If, by “say anything…,” you mean, “tell the truth.” you are probably right.

13. Nate is Gay for Brady says: Oct 19, 2010 6:05 PM

Milt, “Okay Brett, what happened? Did you send her these pics?”
    Brett, “Look, it was during week 5 with the Jests, we were on a roll at the time. She kept sending me pictures of her big, fake jugs, trying to tease me, so I had to put my PANTS ON THE GROUND, PANTS ON THE GROUND!”
    Milt, “Uhhhh…. do you still have the pics of her jugs? Cause I’d like to see them. Uhhh, for official NFL investigative purposes only.”
    Brett, “Hell no man! I deleted them. My wife would kill me if she saw them on my cellphone.”
    Uh-oh.

14. Nate is Gay for Brady says: Oct 19, 2010 6:05 PM

Milt, “Okay Brett, what happened? Did you send her these pics?”
    Uh-oh.

15. Deb says: Oct 19, 2010 6:10 PM

I’m sure it’s been an … enriching experience for all those involved in leaking the story. Hopefully it’s been a learning experience for Favre. Now let’s get back to football.

16. Deb says: Oct 19, 2010 6:10 PM

17. Pervy xx says: Oct 19, 2010 6:14 PM

How dare the NFL try to interfere with Favre returns to crush Lambeau week! Nothing else matters…

18. Pervy xx says: Oct 19, 2010 6:14 PM

19. RLT says: Oct 19, 2010 6:22 PM

They ought to make that bitch provide her phone and computer. I’m sure in the memory for both devices there are PLENTY of nastiness there. Some of it directed at Brett too.
    NFL go away. This is none of your business.

20. RLT says: Oct 19, 2010 6:22 PM

NFL go away. This is none of your business.

21. footballrulz says: Oct 19, 2010 6:31 PM

Beam me up Scotty says:
    October 19, 2010 6:04 PM
    There was nothing to start with!
    ___________________________________Wow, but you sure are proud of Brett, huh?
    Hypocrite much?
    I’m sure Deanna appreciates your sorrow.

22. footballrulz says: Oct 19, 2010 6:31 PM

Beam me up Scotty says:
    October 19, 2010 6:04 PM
    There was nothing to start with!
    ___________________________________Wow, but you sure are proud of Brett, huh?
    Hypocrite much?
    I’m sure Deanna appreciates your sorrow.

23. CaptainFantastik says: Oct 19, 2010 6:53 PM

Ahlerich: So Brett, did the 3 checks clear?
    Favre: Yep, they were cashed yesterday.
    Ahlerich: That’s all I needed to know. Good day.

24. CaptainFantastik says: Oct 19, 2010 6:53 PM

Ahlerich: So Brett, did the 3 checks clear?
    Favre: Yep, they were cashed yesterday.
    Ahlerich: That’s all I needed to know. Good day.

25. JimmySmith says: Oct 19, 2010 7:13 PM

All you need to know about the level of seriousness that the NFL is bringing to this investigation is seen in the NFL’s lack of contact with Deadspin and Jenn.
    If the NFL were truly interested in protecting female employees and contractors, they would have at least made an effort to get to the bottom of the story. Instead, they announce to the world that they will fly to Minneapolis to talk with BrINT, talk about CYA behavior. Much like the Spygate tapes that the NFL destroyed a few years back, they are not interested in the whole story and far less interested in having anyone else learn the truth.
    So BrINT gets a free pass, that’s hardly a surprise to anyone who has even a rudimentary understanding of the revenue generated from TV ratings. But BrINT’s reputation and legacy is as soiled as the Vikings post Love Boat so it many ways, it becomes a fitting end to his career. He is a sleaze ball playing for a morally bankrupt team, vying for a Superbowl on a team that has never won one, a choke artist QB extraordinaire playing for a franchise that defines choking; 0-4 in Superbowls and 0-5 in the last five NFC championship games. A perfect fit all around.

26. JimmySmith says: Oct 19, 2010 7:13 PM

31. Pervy xx says: Oct 19, 2010 8:01 PM

Jen Sterger owns a Hemi powered vibrator …you do the math

32. Pervy xx says: Oct 19, 2010 8:01 PM

Jen Sterger owns a Hemi powered vibrator …you do the math

33. Facts Domino says: Oct 19, 2010 8:35 PM

The math.
    Penis pics to skank = skank pics to grandpa.

34. Facts Domino says: Oct 19, 2010 8:35 PM

The math.
    Penis pics to skank = skank pics to grandpa.

35. 2MuchTime says: Oct 19, 2010 8:40 PM

“I didn’t inhale”
    Monica Lewinski is now a republican because the Democrats left a bad taste in her mouth.
    “I was doing a Wrangler Jeans commercial and my camera phone accidently went off when I was changing. I went to turn it off but hit speed dail. That is the only explanation I have for how she got a picture of my….”
    Trouser Gate?
    ATT’s reach out and touch my one eyed banded baby maker unlimited texting plan?
    So a future Hall of Fame Quarterback goes into a bar…..

36. 2MuchTime says: Oct 19, 2010 8:40 PM

“I didn’t inhale”
    Trouser Gate?
    ATT’s reach out and touch my one eyed banded baby maker unlimited texting plan?
    So a future Hall of Fame Quarterback goes into a bar…..

37. bsmithberkley says: Oct 19, 2010 8:56 PM

I thought the headline said Favre was to meet with Goodell the last few days?
    Has PFT been misleading us?
    Did they lie to us?
    Can we trust anything on this site?
    Could Deadspin be as untruthful as PFT?

38. bsmithberkley says: Oct 19, 2010 8:56 PM

I thought the headline said Favre was to meet with Goodell the last few days?
    Has PFT been misleading us?
    Did they lie to us?
    Can we trust anything on this site?
    Could Deadspin be as untruthful as PFT?

39. rcunningham says: Oct 19, 2010 9:00 PM

So I see Jimmy’s Internet crusade continues.

40. rcunningham says: Oct 19, 2010 9:00 PM

So I see Jimmy’s Internet crusade continues.

41. Deb says: Oct 19, 2010 9:05 PM

@JimmySmith …
    With all due respect … you are dumber than dirt. The NFL hasn’t talked to Sterger because her attorney made a public statement saying she had no intention of talking to them. He said she was going to do what was in her best interest.
    Let me connect the dots, since you are too simple-minded to do this child’s activity yourself.
    She holds onto his voice mails for two years.
    She shares them with a friend but never intends for them to go public–however her “friend” is a GOSSIP BLOGGER.
    They go public.
    Her lawyer says she will cooperate fully with the NFL.
    Then her lawyer does an almost immediate about-face and says … well, no, she’s going to do what’s in her best interest.
    So she has indicated she’s willing to tell all … unless it’s in her best interest NOT to tell all.
    Can you say Ka-Ching?

42. Deb says: Oct 19, 2010 9:05 PM

@JimmySmith …
    She holds onto his voice mails for two years.
    They go public.
    Her lawyer says she will cooperate fully with the NFL.
    Can you say Ka-Ching?

43. Draft Doctor says: Oct 19, 2010 9:19 PM

This entire thing is a private affair between Favre, his wife and Jen Sterger. No laws have been broken and since Sterger has not filed a sexual harrassment suit there is very little to discuss. People have workplace affairs and flirtations all the time and do not face significant consequences. I have no doubt Favre did what is alleged and it was incredibly stupid. Like alot of people he did not realize anything sent electronically may well end up on the internet for everyone to see.

44. Draft Doctor says: Oct 19, 2010 9:19 PM

45. 2MuchTime says: Oct 19, 2010 9:33 PM

You know what is really sad?
    If he can string a series of wins which is very doable with Moss, Rice, Peterson and Shiancoe – all this goes away and he still gets the Gold Jacket.

46. 2MuchTime says: Oct 19, 2010 9:33 PM

You know what is really sad?

47. Deb says: Oct 19, 2010 9:38 PM

@JimmySmith …
    She holds onto his voice mails for two years.
    They go public.
    Her lawyer says she will cooperate fully with the NFL.
    Can you say Ka-Ching?

48. Deb says: Oct 19, 2010 9:38 PM

@JimmySmith …
    She holds onto his voice mails for two years.
    They go public.
    Her lawyer says she will cooperate fully with the NFL.
    Can you say Ka-Ching?

49. JimmySmith says: Oct 19, 2010 9:46 PM

rcunningham says: I’ll ask the same question he always seems to avoid: Jimmy, have you ever touched a girl before?
    Ya, your wife, it wasn’t bad once I got beyond the used part. She told me that you were hung like a BrINT Favre except you don’t make $20 million to compensate for your shortcomings. Now you can stop asking the question.

50. JimmySmith says: Oct 19, 2010 9:46 PM

51. Wisconsin_Myself says: Oct 19, 2010 9:47 PM

JimmySmith = drama queen
    Could you write a more pathetic “woe as me” post? How personally impacted does one have to be to exaggerate, stereotype, and overgeneralize as you have in your little drama posting?

52. Wisconsin_Myself says: Oct 19, 2010 9:47 PM

JimmySmith = drama queen

53. alphamail says: Oct 19, 2010 10:04 PM

Hope he’s not suspended so he can keep lighting up the league with his killer INTs. Clay Matthews should get his first TD Sunday….

54. alphamail says: Oct 19, 2010 10:04 PM

55. Richm2257 says: Oct 19, 2010 11:10 PM

Deb says:
    October 19, 2010 9:05 PM
    @JimmySmith …
    Her lawyer says she will cooperate fully with the NFL.
    Can you say Ka-Ching?
    ————————————————-
    EXACTLY.
    Now, substitute the name Roethlisberger for the name Favre, and all of a sudden you change your tune, don’t you?
    You keep yakking about how Miss DTF suddenly stopped talking, yet you denied that Ben cut her a check a la Favre.
    Hypocrite.

56. Richm2257 says: Oct 19, 2010 11:10 PM

Deb says:
    October 19, 2010 9:05 PM
    @JimmySmith …
    Her lawyer says she will cooperate fully with the NFL.
    Can you say Ka-Ching?
    ————————————————-
    EXACTLY.
    Hypocrite.

57. vikes says: Oct 19, 2010 11:30 PM

John Madden has just informed the league that it is Brett Farve in the photo. Now they have there proof.

58. vikes says: Oct 19, 2010 11:30 PM

59. Brewdogg says: Oct 20, 2010 1:13 AM

# Richm2257 says: October 19, 2010 11:10 PM
    Deb says:
    October 19, 2010 9:05 PM
    @JimmySmith …
    Her lawyer says she will cooperate fully with the NFL.
    Can you say Ka-Ching?
    —————– ——————– ————
    EXACTLY.
    Hypocrite.
    ————————————————-
    Must we go through this again….. Okay…..
    Roethlisberger – physical assault, victim makes accusation, police investigation, criminal charges possible
    Favre – lewd photos/calls, victim chooses not to pursue, no criminal charges possible
    Do you need it spelled out any clearer?

60. Brewdogg says: Oct 20, 2010 1:13 AM

# Richm2257 says: October 19, 2010 11:10 PM
    Deb says:
    October 19, 2010 9:05 PM
    @JimmySmith …
    Her lawyer says she will cooperate fully with the NFL.
    Can you say Ka-Ching?
    —————– ——————– ————
    EXACTLY.
    Hypocrite.
    ————————————————-
    Must we go through this again….. Okay…..
    Do you need it spelled out any clearer?

61. slegeir says: Oct 20, 2010 8:58 AM

This will all just go away because it’s Favre. Sterger probably got paid off the first time it surfaced. Can’t wait til he’s out of football and don’t have to hear his name again.

62. slegeir says: Oct 20, 2010 8:58 AM

63. Ambrose says: Oct 20, 2010 11:28 AM

It’s not a character assination if the character is indeed an ass. Favre did this deed, everyone knows it, including his wife. If the chick doesn’t want to talk about it, nothing is going to happen…and that’s the way it should be.
    But he still did it. It still demonstrates the character of this self-centered douchebag.

64. Ambrose says: Oct 20, 2010 11:28 AM

65. Deb says: Oct 20, 2010 12:45 PM

@Richm2257 …
    You are a very stupid man in addition to being a very bitter man.
    Wealthy individuals do not throw money at people in these situations without getting something in return.
    The medical exam in the Roethlisberger case showed there was no intercourse. The DA said in his press conference that he could not prove penetration. He also said he could not prove any of the events that evening were against her will. That’s because the woman propositioned Roethlisberger repeatedly in front of multiple witnesses. The DA said that with or without her cooperation he did not have a case and would not pursue a case. He said there was not even enough evidence for probable cause to make an arrest. Probable cause is the reasonable assumption that a crime has occurred.
    As for a civil suit, if the woman filed, her name would be released to the media. So would the details of the sexual encounter she had with someone else earlier that day, which the DA wouldn’t discuss in order to preserve her privacy. Her repeated propositioning of Roethlisberger would be constantly in the news. No civil jury would find for her in those circumstances and what’s left of her reputation would be shredded.
    Ben Roethlisberger had NOTHING to gain by paying off that woman. The case was not going to proceed. Period. The DA said there was no evidence of any payoff. You could speculate that he paid her off IF she’d retracted her original accusation. SHE DID NOT. People do not pay large sums of money for NOTHING, you simple-minded fool. Roethlisberger had nothing to gain and gained nothing.
    On the other hand …
    Favre is not looking at criminal charges. He’s looking at bad publicity, disciplinary action from the League, and the possibility of a civil suit. ALL of that goes away if he pays off Jenn Sterger. Her attorney first announced she was going to cooperate with the NFL. Then he announced she was not. I am only speculating. But since the potential witnesses all are dragging their heels and the ENTIRE case against Favre rests SOLELY on the cooperation of these witnesses, it is reasonable to assume Favre would pay them off. He has not committed a crime, and I think it would be PRUDENT for him to pay them.
    Richm2257, hating is like consuming poison and hoping the other person dies. Consuming poison in the amounts you do over hatred of a football team is a sad, sick waste of life.

66. Deb says: Oct 20, 2010 12:45 PM

@Richm2257 …
    You are a very stupid man in addition to being a very bitter man.
    On the other hand …