Eagles' Owen Schmitt accused of driving on suspended license

UPDATE: We’ve heard from Schmitt’s camp that the Philadelphia Inquirer story was incorrect, and that this report actually stems from Schmitt getting pulled over on October 5, 2009 — not 2010. According to Schmitt’s camp, Schmitt has been driving on a valid license for more than a year and only has a procedural issue that his attorney is taking care of in Seattle.

Eagles fullback Owen Schmitt is in trouble again after he was pulled over on October 5.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Schmitt waived an arraignment after he was charged for driving with a suspended license in Seattle.

Schmitt has a pretrial date for November 16 and will have to go to court unless a judge waives his appearance.

Schmitt was arrested in June of 2009 on suspicion of drunken driving. He later pleaded guilty to reckless driving.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
31 Responses to “Eagles' Owen Schmitt accused of driving on suspended license”
  1. wydok says: Oct 22, 2010 8:30 AM

Oh, for the love of Mike!

2. wydok says: Oct 22, 2010 8:30 AM

Oh, for the love of Mike!

3. clemenza says: Oct 22, 2010 8:32 AM

he is playing good for us,i like this guy

4. clemenza says: Oct 22, 2010 8:32 AM

he is playing good for us,i like this guy

5. RugDaniels says: Oct 22, 2010 8:34 AM

sounds like a paperwork issue. If he was caught driving while suspended for DUI than he’d have more to worry about than just a trial date. He probably can plea down to driving without a license if his license is good again.

6. RugDaniels says: Oct 22, 2010 8:34 AM

7. joetoronto says: Oct 22, 2010 8:41 AM

Moron.

8. joetoronto says: Oct 22, 2010 8:41 AM

Moron.

9. birdmancometh says: Oct 22, 2010 8:44 AM

Say it ain’t SOwen. Sorry.

10. birdmancometh says: Oct 22, 2010 8:44 AM

Say it ain’t SOwen. Sorry.

11. Krow says: Oct 22, 2010 8:52 AM

He probably thinks he has to do this to fit in. He’s right.

12. Krow says: Oct 22, 2010 8:52 AM

He probably thinks he has to do this to fit in. He’s right.

13. birdmancometh says: Oct 22, 2010 8:54 AM

Is that another WVU alum?

14. birdmancometh says: Oct 22, 2010 8:54 AM

Is that another WVU alum?

15. Bwa Ha Ha says: Oct 22, 2010 9:03 AM

Jeeez dude, you can afford a cab

16. Bwa Ha Ha says: Oct 22, 2010 9:03 AM

Jeeez dude, you can afford a cab

17. Strick says: Oct 22, 2010 9:22 AM

Did he put his beer down before telling the trooper to kiss his ass?

18. ham1 says: Oct 22, 2010 9:32 AM

Once your in the revolving door of the system, doing stupid stuff like driving without a permit just prolongs it, you go round and round. Knucklehead.

19. ham1 says: Oct 22, 2010 9:32 AM

20. Tiger Woods Owns You says: Oct 22, 2010 9:38 AM

this man is great for the eagles, Hes a BEAST

21. Tiger Woods Owns You says: Oct 22, 2010 9:38 AM

this man is great for the eagles, Hes a BEAST

22. Simon12345 says: Oct 22, 2010 9:41 AM

Another proud Mountaineer alum!

23. dsp1899 says: Oct 22, 2010 10:01 AM

He is doing great for us!

24. HateSycophants says: Oct 22, 2010 10:07 AM

Smith, don’t you cringe when you realize this is what you do for a living? He’s “in trouble again?” He got a goddamn ticket for driving on a suspended license. That’s not trouble. But while you’re at it, can we get a list of everyone in Washington who got a parking/traffic ticket? We’ll wait…
    You’re a piece of crap, Smith.

25. HateSycophants says: Oct 22, 2010 10:07 AM

You’re a piece of crap, Smith.

26. goskins575 says: Oct 22, 2010 10:25 AM

Simon12345 says:
    October 22, 2010 9:41 AM
    Another proud Mountaineer alum!
    Yes, and another proud Fairfax HS alum! And just when I thought Owen would join Bill Pulsipher and Brian Buchanan in the FHS Ring of Fame.

27. goskins575 says: Oct 22, 2010 10:25 AM

Simon12345 says:
    October 22, 2010 9:41 AM
    Another proud Mountaineer alum!

28. Wrathchild says: Oct 22, 2010 10:36 AM

Those are some serious charges…he’ll probably serve a few years for that!
    Nothing else to report on today I assume, MDS?

29. Wrathchild says: Oct 22, 2010 10:36 AM

Those are some serious charges…he’ll probably serve a few years for that!
    Nothing else to report on today I assume, MDS?

30. BleedGreen says: Oct 22, 2010 10:39 AM

Meh. This is tantamount to a speeding ticket. I had a suspended license for NINE YEARS because I was 2 days late paying a ticket and got pulled over for 62mph in a 55mph zone on the 2nd day after it was due. That means my license was suspended, 1 more year of suspension. No DUI, no nothing. Just 62 in a 55.
    Then, being that its simply impossible to not drive and maintain a full time job in most parts of the country, I had to keep driving. Got nailed for a license plate light being out, another year, and then 2 years later when I was supposed to get my license back, I call up the DMV, and they say ‘Oh, we never received your paperwork for surrendering your license, we never started giving you credit for serving your suspension’. So I had to essentially go ANOTHER 3 years without a license.
    Thats not being a criminal or a bad person, its just a lot of shitty luck on my part. Now, Schmitt I believe, had a DUI, so that makes things a little different in my book, but if he’s been out of trouble, and its been over a year since his DUI (almost 2 I believe), he SHOULD have his license back. So yeah, it sounds like the DMV screwed up and he’s gotta take it on the chin like I did when the DMV screwed me.

31. BleedGreen says: Oct 22, 2010 10:39 AM