After concussion, Perrish Cox can't remember Sunday's game

“I woke up and asked what the score was and they told me, ‘A lot to a little,’” Cox told the Associated Press on Tuesday. “That was kind of shocking to me — I don’t remember nothing.”

Cox said he watched the game tape to see his collision with Raiders receiver Louis Murphy but still isn’t completely sure what happened.

“I think I caught his back or a knee or something like that,” Cox said. “But I was out. . . . It still scared me because I don’t know what happened.”

Despite the severity of the concussion — and despite the league rules mandating that players be cleared by an independent physician before returning to action — Cox says he wants to play as soon as he can wouldn’t rule out being on the field Sunday.

“I was told there was a chance,” Cox said. “A lot of players come back in three-to-five days. My goal is to try to come back as quick as I can. . . . I plan on playing this week.”

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
21 Responses to “After concussion, Perrish Cox can't remember Sunday's game”
  1. cusoman says: Oct 27, 2010 9:42 AM

“I don’t remember nothing”

2. Infidel says: Oct 27, 2010 9:43 AM

‘A lot to a little…’
    That’s some funny sh%t, right there …

3. edman13 says: Oct 27, 2010 9:46 AM

I’m sure all of his teamates are a bit jealous of the effects of the concusion.

4. steelerdynasty says: Oct 27, 2010 9:56 AM

trust me dude. you’re the luckiest dude on the team. Everyone envies your actually inability to recollect. The rest of them are trying in vain to forget

5. Dave says: Oct 27, 2010 9:57 AM

Good game to forget. I’m still trying.

6. broncoMaineiac says: Oct 27, 2010 9:57 AM

I WISH I HAD A CONCUSSION so I too could not remember anything.
    And what’s up with Knowshon Moreno celebrating after his touchdowns? DUDE: we gettin’ spanked. Have some class. Oh wait–McD doesn’t coach that either…

7. Xpensive Wino says: Oct 27, 2010 10:00 AM

Charlie Sheen said the same thing today.

8. BBrophy1 says: Oct 27, 2010 10:12 AM

@ cusoman
    How did MDS report it wrong when he was quoting the player? He can’t change what the guy actually said. He interpreted the player’s intent of his words correctly with the opening sentence “Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox suffered a concussion during Sunday’s loss to the Raiders, and he says he has absolutely no recollection of what happened.”

9. permissions denied - eat me! says: Oct 27, 2010 10:18 AM

Thank God he doesn’t remember!! No other Donc wants to remember either!!
    Mchoodie blows hard!

10. PFTwhinebag says: Oct 27, 2010 10:18 AM

“Cox told the Associated Press on Tuesday. “That was kind of shocking to me — I don’t remember nothing.” ”
    Wait? So he does remember, he said it himself right there folks.

11. cusoman says: Oct 27, 2010 10:29 AM

BBrophy1 says: October 27, 2010 10:12 AM
    @ cusoman
    ———————–
    It was a joke man. Lots of people speak in double negatives, not having a clue what they are actually saying, and I love to poke fun at them :)

12. JoeSixPack says: Oct 27, 2010 10:37 AM

There should be a disclaimer on this story advising Bronco fans not to bang their heads against a wall to achieve the same results
    You’d think that Florio as a lawyer would know better.
    As far as the Charlie Sheen jokes are concerned, layoff people – he had a perfectly valid excuse.
    He was simply doing research for his upcoming role in the movie, “The Charlie Sheen Story”

13. gwylie1 says: Oct 27, 2010 11:18 AM

I would want to forget a 59 to whatever game too.

14. Reader Martin says: Oct 27, 2010 11:21 AM

A collision didn’t cause this. It was whiplash from jumping out of the way of McFadden. The league has to do something about players running by defenders too fast.

15. BSPN says: Oct 27, 2010 11:30 AM

If Florio had written this article it’d probably be James Harrison’s fault that Cox can’t remember anything.

16. Grimace503 says: Oct 27, 2010 12:22 PM

“cusoman says:
    October 27, 2010 9:42 AM
    “I don’t remember nothing”
    MDS, you actually reported this wrong. If he doesn’t remember nothing, then he actually remembers EVERYTHING.”
    Maybe if you spent a little more time reading and less time complaining you would notice it is a quote, which means he actually said that. Therefore, MDS was correct in quoting exactly what was said. . . BAM… tool

17. Chi-Town Raider says: Oct 27, 2010 1:17 PM

Raider Nation Baby!!!!! Making bitches forget ass whoopins I love it!

18. Maximus says: Oct 27, 2010 1:46 PM

Clearly the NFL is not taking concussions seriously. Just because a player can pass a test in 3-5 days after a concussion. IMO, if someone is diagnosed with a concussion, the league needs to step in and impose a mandatory period of down time like 2 games or something.
    The brain needs more than 1 week to recover. 2 games would give someone 3 weeks to recover.

19. Drafty says: Oct 27, 2010 9:11 PM

Dear Perrish:
    That’s hilarious! I don’t remember nothing neither!
    Sincerely,
    Pat Bowlen
    P.S. The only person stupider than us is Chi-Town Raider. And Coach McDaniels.

20. 1137vine says: Oct 27, 2010 9:46 PM

“I’m sure that if it was the Donkeys that would have won he would have remebered every little detail. What a sorry little bitch, just like all the Denver players….
    Raider Nation Baby!!!!! Making bitches forget ass whoopins I love it!”
    Do you take “classless” pills, or does this stuff just come naturally for you?

21. Brandon St. Randy says: Oct 29, 2010 2:49 AM

I bet Chi Town Raider still says “versing” when he’s talking about what teams are playing