Near the end of a low-key Wednesday press conference during which Vikings quarterback Brett Favre addressed the status of what he called on at least one occasion his “broke foot” (they should have had a banjo player in the room to set the right mood), Favre addressed the public criticism that coach Brad Childress lobbed Brett’s way after Favre’s three-pick performance against the Packers.

Favre projectred a calm, flat demeanor, but he seemed to get a little pissy when uttering the words that we selected for the headline of this item.

“Every coach is different,” Favre said of Childress.  “Emotions run high for players and coaches.  I can’t disagree with some of his comments.  I’d be the first to tell you there’s plays that I should have made, plays that maybe I should have read things differently.  So on and so forth.  And I can go back throughout my whole career and say that.

“We had a talk yesterday, not necessarily about that.  But just injury, things in general.  I wanted to address to him that I would like to play, or at least had that mindset as the week progresses.  I think we’ve been able to talk about things.  Do we necessarily agree?  No.  But I think that’s part of it.  You know, so i think both of our intentions are to win, and we gotta get this on track.  We know that.  How we get there remains to be seen.  But as long as we’re both focused on the right prize,  that’s all that matters.

“I didn’t come here hoping to get along with Brad any more or less than I did last year or whatever.  He’s the head coach.  I’m the quarterback.  I know what’s expected of me.  I don’t need him or anyone else to tell me that.  My intentions are to do that and help this team win.  So that doesn’t mean we have to agree all the time.”

Favre also addressed at length his “broke foot”, at times almost boasting about his ability to recover quickly from injuries.

“I’ve been able to play with different types of injuries that most people wouldn’t have even attempted,” he said.

And it’s not about the streak.  (Which likely means it’s about the streak.)  “I’m very proud of the streak, but it probably should have ended a long time ago,” Favre said.

He said he wants to play the whole game, not just a few plays.  The decision will come, Favre said, at any time — “pregame, right before kickoff, tomorrow.”

He also addressed the perception that this injury will provide cover for a graceful exit to Mississippi.  “This could easily be an injury where I say, ‘I’m gonna slip under radar, see you later,'” Favre said.  “And people may think that.”

Favre said that’s not the case.  He claims he’s even more committed to helping the team win.

Our guess?  Favre will start.  If he sputters or if he gets injured, we’ll see Tarvaris Jackson.

So the streak will continue.  Though Favre claims he has lost track of the number, he surely realizes that starting each of the next nine games will push his run to 300

That’s a number that any other player in the present or future has a better chance of reaching by bowling while blindfolded.

Permalink 66 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
66 Responses to “Favre on Childress: "I know what's expected of me. I don't need him or anyone else to tell me that."”
  1. KnuckleBucket says: Oct 27, 2010 1:48 PM

Until Childress pulls Favre in the middle of a game after poor performance, he will never have any control over this team. Grow a set Childress!

2. mike_311 says: Oct 27, 2010 1:51 PM

wow, i wish the writers in philly would grill the eagles like that, they just let reid walk all over them.
    those are great questions.

3. FavresWaffleOutlet says: Oct 27, 2010 1:52 PM

He also addressed the perception that this injury will provide cover for a graceful exit to Mississippi. “This could easily be an injury where I say, ‘I’m gonna slip under radar, see you later,'” Favre said. “And people may think that.”
    ___________________________________
    ….and you’re thinking that or you wouldn’t have even mentioned it.
    Silly Hick.

4. GeeBee says: Oct 27, 2010 1:52 PM

Good Lord, I can’t wait until this guy disappears. I may never get my wish.

5. jamesz23 says: Oct 27, 2010 1:52 PM

FOF is so turned on during these press conferences. Broken foot, he might play injured, he might throw a touchdown pass on an offense loaded with Moss, Harvin & Ap. But I’ll still say Rodgers has the better supporting cast.

6. Hunter35 says: Oct 27, 2010 1:56 PM

Favre knows exactly how many games he’s played in a row. He lives for the streak, so he’s full of crap but we pretty much already know this. Chilled-Nuts has lost this team already, the Viking Ship has been run by the inmates at Winter Park, this has happened because Chilly Willy had to beg and plead with the Dangler to play another season. This season is a lost cause at this point. Chilly & Brett need to hit the yellow brick road to good ole Mississippi after this season.

7. skimbell says: Oct 27, 2010 1:58 PM

“…I wanted to address to him that I would like to play, or at least had that mindset as the week progresses. I think we’ve been able to talk about things. Do we necessarily agree? No…”
    Yep! Just one big assed happy family up there in Minnihaha.
    Nothing to see here, just keep movin’!

8. Landon says: Oct 27, 2010 1:59 PM

I am going to say it again. PLEASE get rid of Chilly!!! The Vikings need a real coach with a real game plan. I know Favre has struggled; however, I still blame chilly! Chilly got a contract ext. because of Favre. The Vikings have won and improved every year he has been around because of the talant not because of Chilly. The Vikings would have a more wins each season with a real NFL Coach. Bring in BC, TD, or JG!!!

9. PackerRube13 says: Oct 27, 2010 1:59 PM

Favre. Buddy. You don’t need anyone else to tell you how to play in the “SYSTEM” that Chilly kept referring to? You didn’t do it last year and it was successful and Chilly didn’t say a word. Now? Its a trainwreck and now Chilly wants to B*tch. Nice. As a Packer fan I am loving this. And what’s really funny is that delusional Viking fans still think they are elite! And keep referring to a cupcake schedule down the stretch. (Which is odd as it inludes the Pack, Patriots, Giants, Bears, and Bears again all of whom have winning records)
    They don’t realize or see what everyone else does. They are the cupcake on everyone else’s schedules now. They are not elite. They are 2-5 after sunday, and their two wins are against two 1-5 teams. Viking fans need to open their eyes! They are in the same class as the Jags, Bills, Raiders, Rams, etc as some of the worst teams in football! And its even funnier that 3/4 of those teams have a better record than them! HA HA HA

10. seanx says: Oct 27, 2010 1:59 PM

Enough already. Farve’s achievements are amazing. Both good(games,yards, tds, passes) and bad(Int’s and fumbles). He has had an amazing career. But time finally caught up to him. Time to bow out.

11. Vikes-N-Favre says: Oct 27, 2010 2:00 PM

A true Head Coach would not start a QB with this type of injury, especially when that said QB had surgery to repair it this past offseason.
    With that said, numb nuts Childress will start Favre because he is a idiot and somehow still believes that Favre is the one that can lead this team back.
    Best case scenario would be for Favre to play lights out and win this game (which I believe is highly unlikely)
    Another best case scenario would be for Favre to start, get seriously injured, and we see the end of him for the season. I don’t wish injury on any player, especially when they play for my favorite team, but this crap needs to end, and end now.
    At this point I have more confidence in TJ then I do Favre, but that is not saying much at all. I have pretty much given up on this season, and I am looking forward to the day when Brad Childress is fired, Favre retires, and we finally get a true franchise QB in Minnesota. That day could come sooner rather then later.

12. jusford says: Oct 27, 2010 2:00 PM

Cue the Jets fans.

13. HateSycophants says: Oct 27, 2010 2:00 PM

Are you absolutely certain you can’t just report on the conference call without adding your “pissy” little commentary? You realize that, no matter the central figure in your posts, you always come across as a jealous little bitch, right?

14. theMistofer says: Oct 27, 2010 2:03 PM

Favre was expected to throw completions to the vikes receivers not packer defenders!

15. Scheer1852 says: Oct 27, 2010 2:03 PM

I am a Jets fan so I dont usually check out Vikings posts too often but lately there have been a lot of them. Reading through these comments have really been pretty funny. I didnt think there was anything worse than the delusional Dolphins fan who always thinks his team is better than they really are, but Ive got to give it to you Vikings fans. You take the cake here. You people are more than just delusional. Youre pathetic. Its sad really. The Vikings are done, youre seasons over with, youre not going to the playoffs, youre coach is in over his head, and youre quarterback is a 41 year old cripple whos best days are getting further and further behind him. The Vikings are mediocre at best. If Im a Vikings fan Im hoping for a good draft pick right now to get a hold of one of those three QB’s in the upcoming draft.
    One final thought, the difference between the Cowboys fans and the Vikings fans is that the Cowboys fans actually realize that theyre just not that good this year. You dont see them embarrassing themselves on here.

16. Chester Copperpot says: Oct 27, 2010 2:06 PM

Favre is for sure eyeing that 300 mark. No way he would want to fall short of that.

17. joelvis72 says: Oct 27, 2010 2:08 PM

My intention is to come here, do whatever the hell I want, send pictures of my weiner to hot young babes, and have fun out there. I don’t need a head coach telling me what to do. You know why? Because it’s all about me. The Gunslinger.

18. TheDPR says: Oct 27, 2010 2:09 PM

” I’d be the first to tell you there’s plays that I should have made, plays that maybe I should have read things differently. So on and so forth. And I can go back throughout my whole career and say that. ”
    Ain’t that the truth!
    Oh, and as long as someone stands you in the right starting spot, an expert can bowl blind just fine.

19. perm says: Oct 27, 2010 2:10 PM

Favre will start this week?! Didn’t see that one coming.

20. Ollie says: Oct 27, 2010 2:13 PM

He knows exactly how many games his steak is. He knows he is a lousy player now, so he wants everyone to look at him as the toughest player ever to play the game. His steak means everything to him, now that he knows he can’t go out a winner. Every time he plays bad he has always had an injury excuse. Of late he even claims one ahead of time just in case he sucks.
    I can’t believe I used to like this self absorbed, whine bag, lying, peice of crap.

21. FaulkAnA says: Oct 27, 2010 2:14 PM

Damn, I loathe Favre.
    What a totally self-absorbed, whiney, melodramatic, crybaby, drama queen.
    How can anyone cheer for this ass?
    The only person worse is his money grubbing wife. To trade self-respect for spending cash is pitiful. Yeah baby, let faith be your guide, then there is no personal accountability. Great plan.

22. Moss_Back_Home says: Oct 27, 2010 2:15 PM

It is time for Childress to make the decision for Favre, and put an end to him dictating the direction in which this offense goes. Absent the injuries, as poorly as Favre is playing, and in light of a 2-4 record, it is time to align Tarvaris Jackson under center. Let us see if he can utilize Moss, and perhaps even Berrian. To this point, both have been drastically underutilized.

23. chtaah2010 says: Oct 27, 2010 2:18 PM

Favre knows chilly is an idiot and doesn not like him and chilly doesnt like favre. a coach doesnt call out his Qb in a press conference when your Qb has played 20 years and is smarter then the coach. zigi pleses get rid of this dolt so we can get a real coach.

24. Mr. Cowpatty says: Oct 27, 2010 2:18 PM

The Diva’s learning how to scramble again. Only with words this time.

25. HolyMoly says: Oct 27, 2010 2:19 PM

Favre will start and it won’t matter how bad things get – he will play the entire game because Childress has no cajones whatsoever. I hope Favre keeps throwing picks even though I can’t stand the Cheatriots. I hope the Cheatriots win 75-0.

26. PackerRube13 says: Oct 27, 2010 2:20 PM

jamesz23 says:
    October 27, 2010 1:52 PM
    ——————————————-
    How the h*ll do you figure that?? What a joke! Moss>Jennings. Peterson>Grant/and now Jackson. Harvin>Driver. And the only spot we can claim the advantage is at TE. O lines are both mediocre at best and have weaknesses. But your left side is much better than ours. So again I ask, how the heck do you figure that??

27. TrentDilferisaDouche says: Oct 27, 2010 2:21 PM

Jackson? Give Webb some snaps for goodness sake. If were going to piss the year away with a crippled QB we might as well get the rookie some work.

28. lamajet says: Oct 27, 2010 2:22 PM

What he may fail to see is that what’s expected of him is to be honest with himself about his injury and diminishing skills, and sit one or two out for the team to have a chance for a season.

29. FloriosHairHat says: Oct 27, 2010 2:25 PM

Regardless of how anybody feels about Jenn Sterger, I want to thank her for making certain that this will be the last year Brett Favre ever puts on an NFL uniform.

30. realitypolice says: Oct 27, 2010 2:30 PM

Obviously he doesn’t always know what’s expected of him.
    Otherwise, he would realize that men who stood on an alter and promised to be faithful to their wife are not expected to proposition other women, whether that woman welcomed it or not.

31. jackstraw7777 says: Oct 27, 2010 2:30 PM

It’s over Brett. It’s time to hang it up. You don’t owe anybody anything. I’ll see you in 5 years at the Hall of Fame.

32. slegeir says: Oct 27, 2010 2:31 PM

Favre will play not matter what Chilly says. And all his Viking fans will say, “what a warrior” even if they lose. Packer fans will just say “what a joke.”

33. Hauschild says: Oct 27, 2010 2:32 PM

What’s classic is the fact the media attempts to create stories where there are none. Coaches and players never get along all the time – they’re not supposed to. It doesn’t work that way in a leader-subordinate system. And, you’ll often here Favre comment about this very thing repeatedly – “I’m the player, he’s the coach.” So, where is the story here? How does it differ from last year? 10 years ago? How does it differ from McMahon and Ditka to Steve Young and George Seifert or Favre and Holmgren? And these three pairs won Super Bowls.
    Favre’s job is to run the offense, Chilly’s job is to put Favre in the best position to be successful. More often than not, by the time players reach a certain level in the NFL, if that player is not producing like he usually does, the majority of it falls on the system, which the coach affects 100 percent by his lonesome.
    So, there’s really no story here. Reading between the lines is easy: Brett is frustrated that the system he is in limits his effectiveness, but he knows its still his job to make it as productive as he can. If he were to take sacks and throw the ball out of bounds, the Vikings would be 3-n-out on nearly every possession. It’s Favre’s job to “squeeze” every last drop of production out of his team, and that means forcing the issue sometimes. Brett understands that while you rarely win games giving the other team points, you NEVER win without scoring a decent number of points.

34. permissions denied - eat me! says: Oct 27, 2010 2:34 PM

projectred – great… now you hacks are creating your own words!!

35. gdeli says: Oct 27, 2010 2:38 PM

If he can play without being a human target, throws the ball away instead of having 3 int’s in 7 throws then go for it. Do people mistrust T jack that bad? then we’ll want another high powered QB next season.

36. Ilovefoolsball says: Oct 27, 2010 2:42 PM

The Vikings implosion is going to be featured on modern marvels on the history channel because it’s so amazing.

37. GrinderWI says: Oct 27, 2010 2:43 PM

HateSycophants says:
    October 27, 2010 2:00 PM
    Thank you, could not have said it better!

38. Lott42 says: Oct 27, 2010 2:47 PM

Question. If Favre knows what’s expected, why does he throw so many picks? If the coach can’t bench a player then he’s really not a coach. It’s pretty simple, either Favre sits or Chilly will lose the team. I must say it’s been a dramatic fall from grace for both of them. The real losers are the fans. Maybe Brett could play for Buffalo next year and Chilly can move into the offensive coordinator in the CFL
    My my my what a mess.

39. Ollie says: Oct 27, 2010 2:48 PM

The Vikings have always been my favorite NFC team. I hope they never leave the great north country. LA Vikings just don’t seam right.
    I just can’t wait for drama queen Favre to go away, so I can start rooting for them again.

40. Tinbender says: Oct 27, 2010 2:49 PM

Can anyone in Minnesota explain why they got rid of Sage?

41. acs3 says: Oct 27, 2010 2:55 PM

Schism, party of two? Schism?

42. NoRingsForYou says: Oct 27, 2010 2:58 PM

I saw this press conference on the Favre Sports and Entertainment Network. Favre said something about the Dr. saying he doesn’t think anyone has ever played with this injury before. Nice way to set himself up to build on his legend. He never mentioned that the hairline fracture and the heal fracture aren’t as debilitating as he’s making them sound.

43. Mr. Cowpatty says: Oct 27, 2010 3:02 PM

LA Vikings? Seemed to work out pretty well for the Lakers.

44. jamesz23 says: Oct 27, 2010 3:02 PM

——————– ——————– —
    I was ripping the biggest Favre homer in the history of the world, wasn’t being serious. The Vikings offense poor o-line and all is much more explosive than the Packers. Time and again FOF has claimed Rodgers had way better weapons. Favre doing it all on his own again, what a warrior! He throws horrendous picks but all I’ll talk about is how he almost threw a game winning td pass.

45. ArcticEdge says: Oct 27, 2010 3:08 PM

Favre is right and everyone knows it.

46. PackerRube13 says: Oct 27, 2010 3:11 PM

jamesz23 says:
    October 27, 2010 3:02 PM
    ——————– ——————– —
    —————————————-
    I won’t say its a huge margin, but Rodgers is doing more with MUCH less. Which is sad. All that offensive power you have and you will be 2-5 after Sunday. YIKES.

47. hamhocks says: Oct 27, 2010 3:14 PM

I love how you can remark on a white player’s speech (broke foot) and even throw in a cute “banjo” comment. But you wouldn’t even touch that with a black player.

48. grannyvi says: Oct 27, 2010 3:29 PM

From Scheer1852: “One final thought, the difference between the Cowboys fans and the Vikings fans is that the Cowboys fans actually realize that theyre just not that good this year.”
    Excuse me, but I think the Cowboys coach was the one who said they were the best 1-4 team in the league. I have no respect for Chilly, but I at least have to give him props for saying that we are the team our record says we are.
    Not every Vikings fan is delusional. This year is lost and it’s time to start rebuilding…now! Favre’s ego and constant need for attention from the media (who are only too happy to oblige him) has done no one a favor, and this is precisely why I never wanted him here.
    He clearly has been on a downward spiral and he’s taking everyone with him — his team, his family, his so-called “legacy”. Way to go, a$$hole.

49. shiftyshellshocked says: Oct 27, 2010 3:30 PM

where are my comments?

50. VikesBlowHorn says: Oct 27, 2010 3:30 PM

Hey Ollie,
    Nobody thought the LA Lakers would sound good either, but that seemed to work out just fine.

51. connie73 says: Oct 27, 2010 3:31 PM

Favre has to be the sadest person in the world.
    Does anyone realy look at him when he is talking.
    He looks like he is 65 years old. And everything he talks about is me me me . He has to move on
    and the only way that is gong to happen is if he is laying on the turf. And I hope its soon.
    Does anyone have any respect left for him I don’t.

52. blk&au says: Oct 27, 2010 3:33 PM

anyone see that polamalu commercial…the steelers are all in their locker room when someones phone rings and the song is “I believe i can fly”…hilarious. The song made me think of Favre…I like him and I am not a Vikings fan..I like to watch him play to see if it will be an amazing victory (especially now with Moss) or a tragic fail. I think the only player I want to leave the nfl is ray lewis…let him play…too many people do want to watch!

53. fritz3249 says: Oct 27, 2010 3:35 PM

Up until this point the Vikings needed Favre more then Favre needed the Vikings. That is why they allowed him to miss camp. That is why they gave him a big pay increase despite Favre saying it wasn’t about the money. Then Favre’s body starting breaking down. His play has been inconsistent. At some point last Thursday, probably right after that horrendous pick-6 by Favre, Childress realized he doesn’t need Favre that much anymore if this is the level of play he is getting from him. His press conference reflected that realization where he called out his QB. It’s a relationship on the brink of failure.
    Favre wants to play on Sunday because its the only way he retains his power in that relationship and with the fans. If he plays and fails he can blame the ankle and slip under the radar into retirement. The season will be shot anyways with a 2-5 record. They would have to win 8 of 9 games to make the playoffs. If he plays and wins he is the tough guy hero with all the power again. No benefit to Favre at all by not playing and the worst case scenario is that he doesn’t play and Jackson does well and not only does his beloved streak end but he might get benched “until he is fully healed”.
    He plays on Sunday because it benefits him to do so and Childress doesn’t have the guts to bench him.

54. CKL says: Oct 27, 2010 3:35 PM

The funniest thing was those two former QBs (Dilfer & Hasselbeck) on NFL Live yesterday both agreeing that it was LAUGHABLE (their word) that Chilly would bench Favre injury or not. Yeah, we’ve now come to the point with Favruh that it’s laughable that a head coach would be able to make a decision that is best for his team. OMGZ!111111!!!! TEHLEGENDOFTEHGUNSLINGERMUSTABIDE.
    Chilly shouldn’t have begged him to come back and he shouldn’t have come back.
    As a Pats fan though I love all this drama for them. Also love Chilly’s little one sided feud with Belichick.

55. JimmySmith says: Oct 27, 2010 3:37 PM

Why is there even speculation as to whether Favre will start? Did Col Klink grow a pair of balls overnight? He has no more control over BrINT than Deanna has and ask Jenn how that worked out?
    That’s what makes this such a compelling soap opera; you have the Diva who feels insulted, a coach who has pulled his pants all the way down to his ankles before the season even started and an owner who is out $20 million dollars and has to be asking himself, “To what end?”
    This season has the potential to go down as the biggest circle F*ck in NFL history. And it couldn’t happen to a more deserving franchise.
    Please, someone remind me of how many Superbowls they won?

56. Infidel says: Oct 27, 2010 3:38 PM

Good God, give us the good ‘ole days with Mike Tice at the helm.

57. Florida727 says: Oct 27, 2010 3:39 PM

I want him to play… right up until ‘the streak’ hits 299… then sit him out. Tell me that wouldn’t being the epitome of getting even! Doesn’t hit the magical number. Their season is over and everyone in that locker room knows it. I’m guessing they knew it after their first game.
    The only thing that might be better… the only way the Cowboys see the Super Bowl in their home stadium is if they buy tickets.

58. SJ Apollo says: Oct 27, 2010 3:40 PM

“Can anyone in Minnesota explain why they got rid of Sage?”
    I’m not from Minnesota, but I had a layover at there a few months ago, so I figure I’m qualified to answer.
    Favre is a very insecure fella. That’s why he and Aaron Rodgers never got along. Sage Rosenfels is an adequate quarterback. If Favre were to struggle like he has this year, Rosenfels could possibly come in and put up QB ratings in the upper 70s- low 80s. Given the talent of a healthy Rice (now Moss), Peterson, and Harvin, a guy like Rosenfels might be able to put up decent enough numbers to be threatening to a guy like Favre and his career low 68 rating. There would be a larger movement to bench Favre right now if Rosenfels were the number 2 and not Jackson who would find different ways than Favre to suck, but he would suck nonetheless.
    I’ve also heard that Rosenfels might have been the guy leaking word to the press of “the locker room schism” last year as well as the story that “Favre thinks Chilly is an idiot” stories from this year with the connection being Jason Cole now of Yahoo sports and formerly a beat writer in Miami covering Rosenfels’ former team.

59. i told pervy id do this says: Oct 27, 2010 3:45 PM

“We had a talk yesterday, not necessarily about that. But just injury, things in general. I wanted to address to him that I would like to play, or at least had that mindset as the week progresses. I think we’ve been able to talk about things. Do we necessarily agree? No. But I think that’s part of it. You know, so i think both of our intentions are to win, and we gotta get this on track. We know that. How we get there remains to be seen. But as long as we’re both focused on the right prize, that’s all that matters.
    ____________________________________
    Thank heavens!! All is saved!! Cya in Dallas!
    Not quite Brent. Everybody in the NFL is focused on the “right prize”. Thing is, you need more to that. Even if you disagree with your Col Klink, if you two would get along and you had even an ounce of respect for him or your team, yeah you probably could get a ring together.
    Problem there, however, is that you have absolutely zero respect for Chilly or your teammates. If you did, you wouldn’t shop up at the last minute after being begged to do so. You wouldn’t wait all that time to get a few million more. You also would do your job as a QB of that team and realize all you have to do to win there is NOT lose the game for them. AP, Percy, Jared, Longy, all your boys can practically do it without you. But, yet here you sit 2-4, dead as a doornail.
    The guy can’t even respect his dime piece milf of a wife….some legacy you’re leaving Brent.

60. CaptainFantastik says: Oct 27, 2010 3:45 PM

The “Chilly got his extension because of Favre” thing has to be the most BS line being spewed lately. Favre didn’t make any personnel decisions which have led to that loaded team. Chilly did. Also, Chilly had improved that team’s record every year BEFORE Favre got there. That is why he got the extension…..not because of Lord Turnover.
    That said, Chilly does suck. He is the Bart Scott of coaching……always full of excuses and always blaming the refs when he loses.

61. Ollie says: Oct 27, 2010 3:48 PM

I know, but there are Lakes around LA. LA is full of plastic people. Not Vikings

62. Lanman2 says: Oct 27, 2010 4:22 PM

The last time Favre rolled inot Gillette was the year after the Patriots first Super Bowl win, and he had Terry Glenn in tow. He made it a point to run down the Patriots organization in front of their fans using Glenn as a prop.
    Most everyone is gone, except perhaps Kevin Faulk, Tom Brady, and Bill Belichick. Faulk isn’t playing, but Brady and Bellichick will be there. I wonder if they remember how publicly Favre tried to embarrass them? And now their coach tries to embarrass them?
    I’m not sure the Pats are built to blow anybody out, and when Favre gets hot he is hard to stop, and the Vikings have all this talent, but if I were a betting man, I would say this game is a bit personal for Brady and Bellichick, and I expect them to be very focused. More so than usual, like when they handed Favre and Green Bay a 35-0 home loss at Lambeau in 2006, when Favre left the game when it became un-winnable. That was the down payment on retribution for trying to embarrass them. Sometimes when it is personal it backfires though. It’s a distraction. But this is probably Brady and Bellichick’s only other shot at Favre. I expect they will work diligently to establish a secure lead, and then the head hunting will begin, forcing Favre to throw in the towel and take a seat. Diabolical! I hope this is on national TV….

63. CaptainFantastik says: Oct 27, 2010 4:23 PM

———————————-
    No surprise there. Dilfer is the new Madden, He got visibly upset last year after the Carolina game when Merril Hodge said the the player/coach relationship dictates that the player does what he’s told and the Chilly is the Boss, not Favre. Dilfer was speechless and had no retort.

64. That's Mr Rodgers to you says: Oct 27, 2010 4:37 PM

Be careful Chilly
    Brent may be after your Job!
    What better way to keep sticking it to the Packer nation than becoming the head coach of the Vikings!

65. Dortywords says: Oct 27, 2010 4:49 PM

“So that doesn’t mean we have to agree all the time.”
    No, Brett you don’t have to agree. But since your coach is your boss you do have to listen and follow his directions!

66. granadafan says: Oct 27, 2010 4:51 PM

My my, it’s clear that Favre has lost all respect from fans from all over the league and not just Packers or Jets fans. Can you Vikings fans even remotely figure out why Favre is universally despised. Despite the complete sucking up to him by the announcers at (Favre)SPN and NBC, most fans think he’s a self absorbed diva who does what’s best for Favre.
    Favre has his own dressing room fer chrissakes and required his own personal entourage to fetch him from the high school fields.