Lions blacked out Sunday vs. Redskins

Last year the Lions snapped a 19-game losing streak by beating the Redskins at Ford Field, but the fans in Detroit couldn’t watch on TV because the game didn’t sell out.

This year the Redskins are coming to town again for a rare game in which the Lions are favored, and fans in Detroit can’t watch this one on TV, either.

The Lions confirmed today that the game will be blacked out on local television, with more than 8,000 tickets still unsold.

This is the Lions’ first home blackout of 2010 after having four home blackouts in 2009.

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
25 Responses to “Lions blacked out Sunday vs. Redskins”
  1. Katmanduu says: Oct 28, 2010 6:13 PM

That’s too bad. This game is a gimme for the Lions. The Deadskins suck.

2. jagfan11 says: Oct 28, 2010 6:35 PM

Guess they are moving to L.A.

3. Poo Flinging Monkey says: Oct 28, 2010 6:42 PM

This will disappoint tens of fans.

4. Hap says: Oct 28, 2010 6:45 PM

I mean, just WHO do you think is interested in THIS matchup ? A better burst bubble team vs a Soon-to-burst lil better bubble team.

5. fastfred2 says: Oct 28, 2010 6:54 PM

c/mon goodall you piece of crap–I’m almost 2 hours away and can’t watch the game–change the frickin rule asshole!!!

6. stunzeed2 says: Oct 28, 2010 6:56 PM

Lions being favored.
    C’mon….
    Is this April 1st?

7. 81megatron81 says: Oct 28, 2010 7:00 PM

Good thing I live in CA and subscribe to “The Ticket”

8. CChavez85 says: Oct 28, 2010 7:07 PM

Unfortunate… Luckily I live outside of the 75 mile radius and have Sunday NFL Ticket.

9. Deacon Blues says: Oct 28, 2010 7:09 PM

I would have gone, but I am saving my money for playoff tickets ………

10. CChavez85 says: Oct 28, 2010 7:41 PM

81megatron81
    where in Cali do you live? I also reside in Cali (Sacramento).

11. robigd says: Oct 28, 2010 8:16 PM

Anyone who says they have NFL Ticket on here probably doesn’t.
    Just sayin’….

12. Floriostoupee says: Oct 28, 2010 8:35 PM

# fastfred2 says: October 28, 2010 6:54 PM
    ____________________________
    Are you seriously that pathetic that you cannot go to a bar to watch the game? Seriously! If you are almost 2 hours away as you claim, that puts you approx 100 miles away, which is 25 miles past the blackout limit. Your cable company is that sucky that they won’t show a station that is actually allowed to show the game?
    Granted, Goodall is a clown, but don’t try to be a bigger clown than he is……

13. skinsblowpoles says: Oct 28, 2010 8:39 PM

who cares…they both suck although I think the lions are going to win 31-7…4skins have won because of the refs and other teams giving games away as opposed to dominating the other team…they suck.

14. Backinthesaddle says: Oct 28, 2010 8:41 PM

By “blacked out” do you mean that the City of Detroit couldn’t pay their electric bill and the utility turned all the power off??? I’d believe that.

15. Switch1 says: Oct 28, 2010 9:24 PM

Don’t hate KATMANDUU, we know your a closet Cowboy fan, lololol, 1-5 lololol

16. TD says: Oct 28, 2010 9:29 PM

Lions were favored against the Rams in Week 5. People need to get used to the fact that the Lions don’t suck anymore. Not great…but not terrible either.

17. Jim Rome says: Oct 28, 2010 9:37 PM

@robigd
    well I do have NFL ticket and I now shall complain about it and the NFL, I watch every game on the game mix channel 8 games at once unless a team doesn’t sell out even if I’m on the opposite side of the country and even though I pay out the ass for it. Thanks direct tv and NFL. You suck! Ridiculous

18. RIP__21 says: Oct 28, 2010 10:48 PM

skinsblowpoles = boysroll. You are such a effing troll its disgusting. Get a life man seriously.

19. Skins1970 says: Oct 28, 2010 10:49 PM

@ Katmandu you need to accept the Redskins are a good team and accept the fact the Cowboys one year reign of terror is over.

20. Ocho says: Oct 28, 2010 11:05 PM

skinsblowpole is praying that the Lions win so that Dallas can undoubtedly be the best 1-win team in the NFL.

21. timegambit says: Oct 28, 2010 11:54 PM

Not a Lions fan, but if they make the right call against Chicago, they might be at the top of the North and building a new fan base.
    Refs can ruin careers and seasons.

22. RedskinsRenaissance says: Oct 29, 2010 1:26 AM

Hey skinsblowspoles (how poetic baby dick).
    If the Lions blow out the Redskins by 24 points, I’ll fly to Garland, or whichever shit hole you call home, and kiss the Tony Romo poster that you inevitably have hanging above your bed. Seriously. Never gonna happen baby dick.

23. WilliamWallace says: Oct 29, 2010 2:21 AM

Wow. The Lions are favored. haha
    WAFJ. Disgusting, foul city, loser football team.
    Last year was a fluke under Zorn.
    Shanihan makes this useless team pay come Sunday.

24. Little Tommy says: Oct 29, 2010 6:22 AM

Maybe the pathetic Bears will be next to be blacked out. The way they’re playing, they deserve it. Right now, they couldn’t beat a good high school team! LOL

25. rolls around with boys says: Oct 29, 2010 8:48 AM

who cares…they both suck although I think the jaguars are going to win 31-7…cowfkrs have won 1 WHOLE GAME because of the refs and other teams giving games away as opposed to dominating the other team…they suck.
    IM 6′-12″, 437 1/2 LBS LMFAO