Tomlinson: Jets are better than any Chargers team

It’s been too long since LaDainian Tomlinson said anything that annoyed his old team in San Diego. He joined the Scott Van Pelt Show Thursday to end the dry spell.

“Yes, I have been on some very fine teams. But I want to tell you this is the best team I’ve been on, top to
bottom, talent-wise, coaching staff-wise, organization-wise. The whole
nine,” Tomlinson said via Tim Graham of ESPN.com.  “This is the best opportunity I’ve had to win the championship.”

That’s where we disagree.  The 2006 Chargers were loaded.  They entered the playoffs at 14-2, on a ten-game winning streak.  They out-scored the rest of the NFL by 65 points and had a top-eight defense.  They just gagged at home to a flawed Patriots group.

Perhaps the Jets can stand out like those Chargers teams, but they have long way to go to separate from the rest of a packed AFC.

This much we know, however: The Jets are better than the 2010 Chargers, and LaDainian Tomlinson is far better this season than we ever expected.

Permalink 109 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
109 Responses to “Tomlinson: Jets are better than any Chargers team”
  1. mike_311 says: Oct 28, 2010 7:38 PM

oh oh oh… wait… didn’t LT bash ELI for having the foresight to not want to play for SD…

2. tom coughlin's coat holder says: Oct 28, 2010 7:40 PM

first,let’s see if you make it to the end of the season,then let’s talk.

3. NYMets says: Oct 28, 2010 7:41 PM

Yes they certainly are.

4. irishgary says: Oct 28, 2010 7:42 PM

Sounds like Favre when he went to Minnesota, I’m sure LT will crash and burn too.

5. Kolb to Jackson says: Oct 28, 2010 7:45 PM

Glad that Tomlinson is happy and proving the Chargers wrong.

6. Kolb to Jackson says: Oct 28, 2010 7:48 PM

The Chargers biggest mistake was getting rid of LaDainian Tomlinson. The man rushed for 31 tds in 1 season. He still has it in him. nice move Chargers LOL XD

7. TD40 says: Oct 28, 2010 7:50 PM

The 2006 Chargers would beat the living piss out of this year’s Jets and Tomlinson knows it.
    The Jets are paper contenders. *If* they even make it to the playoffs this year, they’ll fold faster than Superman on laundry day once they get there.

8. irishcoolzombie says: Oct 28, 2010 7:51 PM

Dude….you have been on two teams. This is why you shouldn’t let your children eat crayons and glue.

9. Monarch says: Oct 28, 2010 7:54 PM

Poor Charger fans

10. buddycianci says: Oct 28, 2010 7:54 PM

Um, Gregg, LaDainian does include “coaching staff-wise, organization-wise” in his statement. Marty is a proven playoff LOSER. And AJ Smith is the biggest front office jerk in the NFL.

11. RIP__21 says: Oct 28, 2010 7:58 PM

Sorry but the qb prevents this team from being complete. Maybe the Jets can borrow a chimp from the NYC zoo when they get into the playoffs; then they would have a MUCH better chance to win it all.

12. boltfan says: Oct 28, 2010 8:00 PM

As a Charger fan uit really bothers me that LT is such a front runner. When the Chargers were on their 11 game winning streak last year he was also saying that the team was great, as soon as they lost and he knew he would be gone he started bashing everyone in the Chargers organization. I can understand that he was hurt that he wasn’t the focal point of the the Chargers offense but the truth is for the last 3 years of this guy’s career in San Diego, he did almost nothing. The same people who are now killing the Chargers for letting LT go are the same guys that were saying that he was done. I wish that he would have applied himself last year to conditioning himself to run like he is running in New York now. I comp;letely understand that he is now Jet and apprecioates the opportunity that has been given him, but the team is only 6 games into their season and suddenly it’s the best team he’s been on? They are good, but they haven’t won anything yet. I wish LT well, but it seeems that that being a big mouyth Jet has rubbed off on him.

13. baroneski23 says: Oct 28, 2010 8:00 PM

Not better than the 06 Chargers. Not with Sanchez at qb.

14. boltfan says: Oct 28, 2010 8:00 PM

As a Charger fan uit really bothers me that LT is such a front runner. When the Chargers were on their 11 game winning streak last year he was also saying that the team was great, as soon as they lost and he knew he would be gone he started bashing everyone in the Chargers organization. I can understand that he was hurt that he wasn’t the focal point of the the Chargers offense but the truth is for the last 3 years of this guy’s career in San Diego, he did almost nothing. The same people who are now killing the Chargers for letting LT go are the same guys that were saying that he was done. I wish that he would have applied himself last year to conditioning himself to run like he is running in New York now. I completely understand that he is now Jet and apprecioates the opportunity that has been given him, but the team is only 6 games into their season and suddenly it’s the best team he’s been on? They are good, but they haven’t won anything yet. I wish LT well, but it seeems that that being a big mouth Jet has rubbed off on him.

15. theMistofer says: Oct 28, 2010 8:02 PM

Irish school zombie…lay off the crayons a glue…different years mean different teams…”the 06′ chargers team was better than the 07′ chargers team…” cmannnn lay off the fry bread and Guinness

16. Facts Domino says: Oct 28, 2010 8:03 PM

When your former Coach is Norv Turner and your former GM is J.A. Smith, it certainly doesn’t take much to exceed it…

17. Turf says: Oct 28, 2010 8:04 PM

irishcoolzombie says: October 28, 2010 7:51 PM
    —————————————————–
    You idiot. Each year every organization puts out a different “team” than the year before. So this is the 10th “team” he has been on. We shouldn’t let infants on this board.

18. jvn says: Oct 28, 2010 8:04 PM

LT cant perform in the playoffs. Hes a great regular season player.. guy cant handle pressure.. perfect example when he sat out the biggest game of his career againts the pats (Jan. 20, 2008 AFC Championship New England 21, San Diego 12). LT sat out like a b*tch when philip rivers played on not one, but 2 bum knees.
    LTs sorry ass will get hurt before week 14 … just watch.. he goes on vacation round that time… somewhere round the bench to complain about his classiness. LT you wasted your best chance.
    LT shut up, and go upstairs and put some god damn lotion on that skin

19. BucsbeBALLIN5 says: Oct 28, 2010 8:05 PM

Chargers suck, deal

20. Nate is Gay for Brady says: Oct 28, 2010 8:05 PM

“And if I have a boo-boo, I’ll sit on the bench behind my visor while Mark Sanchez plays his heart out with a torn up knee.”
    What an A-HOLE!

21. MsPeechez says: Oct 28, 2010 8:05 PM

He’s been drinking JETfeul.

22. Kay Bee says: Oct 28, 2010 8:05 PM

irishcoolzombie says:
    October 28, 2010 7:51 PM
    ————————————————–
    He’s only played for 2 “organizations,” but several different “teams.” There is a difference in the NFL.

23. habman says: Oct 28, 2010 8:06 PM

“You know me, I’m a classy guy”.

24. svn says: Oct 28, 2010 8:10 PM

not sure why every team wants itself to be called the best team in the league after 6-7 games…

25. Bwa Ha Ha says: Oct 28, 2010 8:10 PM

I am not a Jets fan, don’t hate them either.
    But Buddy Ryans kid fell UNDER the tree and may well win this SB this year.

26. redscare says: Oct 28, 2010 8:16 PM

@irishcoolzombie – you do realize the very obvious point that every year it’s a different team of players & coaches, even if it’s still the Chargers, right? And that’s what Tomlinson was referring to?
    I’m sure you do. Now. :)

27. redscare says: Oct 28, 2010 8:23 PM

Those 2006 Chargers went 14-2 with a really, really soft schedule, and lost in the playoffs by only scoring 7 points in the second half against the 12-4 Patriots.
    I think it should be pretty clear at this point that the problem isn’t that the Chargers aren’t playing to their potential – it’s that they were overrated from the start. We’ve all been operating under the illusion every year that this is a 14-2 team in disguise, when it was that record – against a creampuff schedule – that’s the aberration.
    They’re the Cowboys of the AFC, albeit with more playoff games. Otherwise, it’s loads of talent, questionable coaching, sloppy execution, and meager results.

28. Sanchize says: Oct 28, 2010 8:26 PM

Sanchez is a better qb than you idiots give him credit for. He’ll take us to the ship this year, just wait. SANCHIZE

29. mike32303 says: Oct 28, 2010 8:26 PM

LT real cool bashin ur old team because you didnt win there. That’s why ur not a champion

30. Realistic Randy says: Oct 28, 2010 8:29 PM

irishcoolzombie : every year in the NFL your on a different team due to personel and coaching changes amongst other things… I will not say that the Jets are better than the 06 Chargers but the 2008 – 2010 chargers became more of a passing team and did not have the line to allow LT shine. He is now on a run first team with possibly the best offensive line in football. LT will make the pro bowl this year and the Jets should winn 11-13 wins this year. The Chargers only have a chance to make the playoffs because they play in a Division that is VERY weak.

31. It'sJustAGame612 says: Oct 28, 2010 8:32 PM

LT is the biggest front-running baby.. I actually used to really like this guy, but now he just acts like a child.. Seriously LT, just say no comment and move on with your life.. I’m no Chargers fan either

32. sean6886 says: Oct 28, 2010 8:34 PM

mike_311 says:
    October 28, 2010 7:38 PM
    Uh, that’s not bashing Eli, that’s bashing SD. He was pretty much calling Eli smart.
    By the way, Eli has a ring, Rivers doesn’t.

33. geek says: Oct 28, 2010 8:35 PM

flawed?!

34. 1nationraidernation says: Oct 28, 2010 8:35 PM

to funny, even funnier how he will never get a ring

35. DEMOLITION says: Oct 28, 2010 8:36 PM

I love how this is playing out. LT#2 bashing his old team cause he’s still butt hurt.
    Hopefully we get a quote from Cry Me A Rivers soon.

36. sean6886 says: Oct 28, 2010 8:36 PM

irishcoolzombie says:
    October 28, 2010 7:51 PM
    Well, he could be referring to the various players and coaching staff within the years he was on the Chargers and he also could be counting College.

37. shaggeez says: Oct 28, 2010 8:36 PM

stay classy lt. kickin’ em when they’re down

38. winslow says: Oct 28, 2010 8:37 PM

The 1960s John Hadl/Lance Alworth Charger teams would destroy the 2010 Bills, and Hadl must be at least 70.

39. The Hogster says: Oct 28, 2010 8:38 PM

Sounds like he just complimented the team he’s on rather than bash the Chargers. Anything to create a story huh…I guess.
    He’s right. This team has the defense to beat anyone. That 2006 team had a good defense, but not one that could stop Tom Brady.

40. broncoMaineiac says: Oct 28, 2010 8:41 PM

What habman said.

41. TheWizard says: Oct 28, 2010 8:43 PM

Hate both teams.
    Only thing worse is a turncoat SOB

42. sm2sm2 says: Oct 28, 2010 8:49 PM

Crayons and glue …. Hell he needs a heaping helping of New England Humble Pie. Sooo looking forward to watching Bill disassemble that pack of pubescent posers. “Quick, Spelling Test ….. J. E. T .S .“

43. iampats says: Oct 28, 2010 9:04 PM

I always get a chuckle of people/players who refer to LadyT as a “classy guy”. What a self indulgent @#%&*%
    Its almost the end of October and since training camp the Jets have been the “Champs” as Rex told Chris Mortensen.
    41 years and counting
    J
    E
    T
    S

44. Canyonero says: Oct 28, 2010 9:04 PM

It’s cute that Tomlinson seems to believe we give the slightest crap whether or not he wins a championship.
    Yeah, I’m really losing a lot of sleep over that LT.

45. comment_submission_error says: Oct 28, 2010 9:11 PM

Tomlinson should quit running his mouth about San Diego and own up to his failure to win anything while he was there. He is the league’s premier dickhead.

46. Roscoe P. Coaltrain says: Oct 28, 2010 9:18 PM

The afc is packed but the jets don’t have to far to go to win the afc. I’m a chiefs fan and have watched the chargers fail year after year to go to a superbowl. Don’t give me this crap about Sanchez making it impossible to win a super bowl. He’s no Phillip rivers BUT. The ravens won the big one with TRENT DILFER for christ’s sake!!!!

47. packfan4ever says: Oct 28, 2010 9:31 PM

i’m sure he’ll have a different opinion sunday night after the packers second stringers beat them.

48. dextermorgan says: Oct 28, 2010 9:32 PM

49. kcrockett1 says: Oct 28, 2010 9:32 PM

He does realize that he was a part of those Chargers teams…..I know the dude gets the benefit of the doubt for being a stand-up guy from everybody and their mother….But he quit on his team in the playoffs and since that day, played the rest of his Chargers career half-hearted…Real stand-up guy indeed

50. CliveRush says: Oct 28, 2010 9:36 PM

There are no flawed teams in Foxboro.

51. sportsbruh3 says: Oct 28, 2010 9:36 PM

The Charger HAD to get rid of Tomlinson.
    He was a CANCER in the locker room. He was Mr. know it all. Living off his PAST accomplishments.
    He talks too much. I see the Bitch in him.

52. Lott42 says: Oct 28, 2010 9:37 PM

Ah dude, you have how many rings? Oh that’s right, zero. Talk is cheap, just as Rex. Why don’t you get back to us after you have actually won something.

53. Buck Stallion says: Oct 28, 2010 9:41 PM

Oh OK Buddycianci, so I guess Barry Switzer and Brian Billick were better coaches than Marty, using your logic.

54. Peester15 says: Oct 28, 2010 9:42 PM

The 2006 Chargers would have won the SuperBowl if you weren’t such an injury prone B!tch. If I remember correctly you had…and still have the league’s best QB. The Charger’s came up just short because you had a toe…or fingernail injury???? I cant remember.

55. iusedtobeteddybayer says: Oct 28, 2010 9:46 PM

It’s October. No championships are won, no rushing titles awarded IN OCTOBER!.
    I like LT, but he’s gotta finish…without injury.

56. GreenAsGrass says: Oct 28, 2010 9:47 PM

hey packfan, your team is mediocre at best.
    Oh and by the way, they play in the NFC.
    Jets are going to beat the fudgepackers with ease on Sunday.

57. Richm2257 says: Oct 28, 2010 9:55 PM

“They just gagged at home to a flawed Patriots group.”
    ————————————————-
    yeah, either that or they got their a$$es handed to them by a team that was better prepared, better coached, and ececuted better.
    Hey, it’s not your fault, Rosenthal, you were what, 12 at the time?

58. FlyinO says: Oct 28, 2010 9:58 PM

If I recall correctly, that flawed Patriots team won because some Chargers DB fumbled a game-winning Brady int (which actually ended up being a huge gain for the Pats). He only had to fall down to seal victory, but ego took over. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.
    Glad to see LT kicking ass and taking names. Great guy and role model. I love the fact that the Chargers are failing without him. Suck it A.J. Smith.

59. Bigbluefan says: Oct 28, 2010 10:29 PM

LT is #56 for the NY Football Giants not some ahole back who can not shut his mouth
    Is the the same whiney bitch who had a bobo and could not play in a playoff game?
    This guy must be related to that ahole in Minn both got fired and have not shut up since
    and neither will see a SB any where but on TV
    STFU your not LT maybe little T
    The real LT would crush you like a grape

60. BigBear123 says: Oct 28, 2010 10:31 PM

AJ Smith was GM of that 2006 Chargers group, so he was right. Everything below the GM is debatable though – young Phillip Rivers beats young Sanchez.
    Martyball with Mike Turner and a young healthy LT beats Shonne Greene and an older LT.
    Rex Ryan has won a playoff game, something Marty struggled with, better coach is debatable.
    Thinking the years under Turner made LT forget how good the 2006 team was.

61. Blackn'Gold says: Oct 28, 2010 10:46 PM

L.T. may be feeling reassured with his recent success with the Jets. The Chargers had good teams in recent years. My instincts told me the team was doomed when A. J. Smith fired Marty Schottenheimer because of personality issues. And so far the team continues to decline. But hey, that’s Spano’s problem.
    GO STEELERS!

62. footballfan123 says: Oct 28, 2010 11:03 PM

LT talks waay too much for a classy guy. Just shut up and play. We will know which is the better team in feburary.

63. Mean Leroy Brown says: Oct 28, 2010 11:04 PM

Dear LT..
    Glad you’re happy with your new team and all… but damn dude..
    let it go. bitterness is ugly.

64. DonthatetheJetscausetheyarebetterthanyourteam says: Oct 28, 2010 11:07 PM

once again a forum fool of jealous jealous lil punks …Wasnt Lt’s fault they couldnt win in SD you DUMB Mfer’s ,and so what he said this the best team from the front office to the coaches on down ,if you dont agree with that than you all are really f’n MORONS ,who somewhere in this have probably contradicted yourselves at some point ragging on SD and why they haven’t won anything.ie, front office and coaching …so for all of you haters go F–k yourselves

65. Someone says: Oct 28, 2010 11:11 PM

Wow,
    Rex has a way of making all his players becoming cocky douchebags.

66. ihateads says: Oct 28, 2010 11:16 PM

Am I the only one who can’t wait to see this Jets team not make the Super Bowl? The looks on all of their faces will be my screensaver for the next 20 years.

67. jets are stacked says: Oct 28, 2010 11:24 PM

i love how all you chargers fans considers LT a cancer. i guess letting him go wasnt the cure, huh?
    btw, the 2006 chargers didnt have the individual talent the 2010 jets have. aside for the obvious advantages at qb, rb and te where else was that chargers team so much better than the jets? i just dont see it.

68. Lance19 says: Oct 28, 2010 11:33 PM

Hard to understand:
    He was “…a very classy person…”
    when he was here in San Diego!
    Just the same, LT, 6 games does not
    a season make. Remember the ’09 Jets
    choked and needed help to sneak into
    the playoffs at 9-7.

69. skinmask213 says: Oct 28, 2010 11:41 PM

Chargers fan my whole life, my brother works for them. LT is a legend and always will be. Whatever he says to help motivate his team is just that…obviously it is not based on any sort of fact or stats…Green Bay will win this game only because they have so much more to loose…Oh, and because they are the most talented football team in the history of history!

70. skinmask213 says: Oct 28, 2010 11:50 PM

71. rraider says: Oct 28, 2010 11:53 PM

As a raider fan, i love to here all the LT ying yang regarding the Charger organization…….But to the chargers defense, every player is critical of their past organizations and overly excited about their new situation…..especially when they are winning.

72. Lance19 says: Oct 29, 2010 12:07 AM

Hey, just because a guy hasn’t done
    multiple jail sentences, doesn’t mean
    he can’t be called “LT.”
    p.s. What’s a “bobo” in Bigblue-land

73. charger17rocks says: Oct 29, 2010 12:28 AM

Hey Jet fan. Wait until the last two minutes of your first playoff game. You will be behind, and LT will be sitting on the bench, pouting behind his black visor. I’m guessing there will be only one year on that Jet tattoo he got before the season.

74. snnyjcbs says: Oct 29, 2010 12:48 AM

Through the Chargers History there have been a few teams that stood out. But standing out does not win you Championships. The Chargers have folded like a Deck of Cards when down came to dirty and that is why they ahave been to all of (2) AFC Championship Games compared to say the Raiders (14). Stand out when it counts is all that matters, enough of the woulda, coulda and shoulda’s.

75. LostSok says: Oct 29, 2010 12:49 AM

What a classless dick. Even if it is true (it’s not), even if he’s still sore about SD giving up on him (wah wah wah), it’s a classless dick-move.
    LT was a great RB, but he just sounds like a whiny bitch right now.
    Which…come to think of it…makes his a perfect Jet. He’s not a mirror image of their whiny bitch fans!

76. Donttestme says: Oct 29, 2010 12:54 AM

LT simply stated how he felt about his new team. It’s funny how Norv Turner has been saying since July that this Chargers team is the best he ever has coached and nobody wrote a stupid article about that being a dig to LT. Can LT not compliment his new team without the messy shit starters reading into it? Can Norv not simply compliment his team without it being a personal attack on LT? Give me a break…Leave it alone & move on already!

77. PasqualWisdom says: Oct 29, 2010 12:59 AM

# dextermorgan says: October 28, 2010 9:32 PM
    gagged to a flawed Patriots team????? WTF, what does that make that Chargers team???? I don’t recall a flawed Pats team………I do recall a GREAT victory….!!!!!!!!! !
    ———————————————-
    You mean the game when Marlon McCree decided to pick off Brady on 4th down instead of just knocking the ball down to take over on downs and while trying to unnecessarily run with the ball was promptly stripped by Troy Brown.
    Yep, fire Marty because a mediocre safety has no situational awareness. 2006 Chargers were a really good team. AJ Smith is an idiot.
    Oh, and that’s not a GREAT victory it’s a gift wrapped victory.

78. poet1958 says: Oct 29, 2010 1:03 AM

# TD40 says:
    yes just like the chargers have every year
    the only team to be number one in offense4 and defense and still find a way to be 2-5
    its nice to see the team has fans with as little football sense as the Chargers apparently have
    perhaps their fans should be thankful for all
    LT2 brought to them and point a finger where it belongs at AJ Smith, he of the ego the size of the Southern California bay

79. poet1958 says: Oct 29, 2010 1:10 AM

# TD40 says:
    yes just like the chargers have every year
    perhaps their fans should be thankful for all

80. Donttestme says: Oct 29, 2010 1:14 AM

It’s so easy to tell who on here has actually played a sport at sometime or another in their life & been passionate about it. Because everyone claiming LT abandoned his team in the Playoffs is flat out IGNORANT!!! No athlete who had played the sport for decades fighting tooth & nail every year to get to that game would ever “choose” to miss the game & sit on the bench injured. Any real athlete would know that a running back can’t cut & be agile with a 3rd degree MCL sprain. The knee ABSOLUTELY just will not let u. As far as pouting on the bench about it…. YOU DAMN RIGHT! I wouldn’t want a guy on my team that didn’t care if he played or not. A real athlete who is passionate about playing the game should be crushed that he is missing one of the biggest games of his career. A guy that takes that news nonchalantly & has a “so what I still get paid either way” attitude doesn’t truly love the game.

81. jamaltimore says: Oct 29, 2010 1:16 AM

Ravens beat him with the 06 chargers and the 10 Jets!

82. Donttestme says: Oct 29, 2010 1:21 AM

LostSok you sound like you just climbed out of a gutter & u & ur ignorance need 2 go back 2 that gutter & shut the hell up. What’s so classless about giving ur own team a compliment? You’re the dummy that chose 2 read way 2 far into LT simply complimenting his new organization…. But I know with such a low IQ and all that it’s hard for people like you & the writer of this article to grasp that…

83. Lanman2 says: Oct 29, 2010 1:46 AM

I think the Jets will gag to a flawed Patriots team too. I’m just sayin’

84. nflhof says: Oct 29, 2010 1:58 AM

Karma can be a bitch Tomlinson and it will bite your ass soon. You should just keep your big yapper shut.

85. Zinn says: Oct 29, 2010 2:18 AM

Talent wise across the board the jets have had the best talent in the league since 2006. The problem they have is QBs win superbowl and Sanchez right now is one of the 5 worst QBs in the league.
    In 2008 the Jets were a much more talented team than this year thanks to Favre. They had 7 probowl players and 5 alternates. If they had Ryan it would have been very hard to beat them. Unfortunately they had Mangini who excels at finding ways to lose.
    Last year even though they lost Favre for Sanchez Ryan was such a huge upgrade over Mangini they almost went to the SB. But IMO they were lucky. This is a QB driven league. and with sanchez at QB the jets will be hard pressed to get back to the AFC championship.
    Revis had a once in a lifetime season last year. Stats wise (lowest yds per attempt) the best year year by a DB in 7 years. But that does not tell the entire story. He got thrown out a lot more than your normal top DB and the Wrs he covered last year was phenomenal with almost no help. It might have been the best year by any defensive player ever. There is no way Revis can duplicate last year and carry this team like he did last year. For the Jets to be go all the way they need a lot better QB. Maybe if Sanchez matures 2012 will be the year.

86. trademcscab says: Oct 29, 2010 2:20 AM

any charger fan speaking on here doesnt deserve too…..i live in diego and you fans here have no heart……you could care less about your team….either of them…..ur all pathetic fans who dont deserve baseball or football….LT is lucky to leave such a piss poor franchise. you guys never show up for games every week there home it almost gets blacked out not to mention the padres who were in first all year and never sold out a game…… you San Diego fans are pathetic and the chargers wont wear a ring until they move to LA and also fire A.J. who is clearly a jackass

87. joetoronto says: Oct 29, 2010 6:13 AM

Is it a coincidence that Tomlinson went from one team that talked like a champion and did nothing to another one?
    Stay classy, bitch.

88. NYMets says: Oct 29, 2010 6:24 AM

Every story about the Jets gets a whole lot of play on here. It appears the Jets are the front runners everywhere and not Just in Rex Ryan’s head.

89. Steve W. says: Oct 29, 2010 7:52 AM

# irishcoolzombie says: October 28, 2010 7:51 PM
    ________________________________
    Actually, given the rate at which players come and go on many teams, it’s common practice to refer to each year as being a different team. That’s why you see things like the 2006 Chargers and the 2010 chargers. It’s a different roster, so in the minds of most players and plenty of writers, a different team. It’s simply a matter of differentiating between the organization and the team.

90. BernardPollardIsAnAss says: Oct 29, 2010 8:03 AM

Show some respect Rosenthal. That “flawed Patriots team” was one minute from beating the Colts on the road in the AFC Championship and winning their 4th superbowl in 6 years. There is no chance they would not have beaten the Bears. They beat the Chargers by doing all the little things right (i.e., the Troy Brown strip on the INT and fumble recovery). That wasn’t a flawed team. That was a scrappy team that new what it took to win without many stars.

91. NoRingForYou says: Oct 29, 2010 8:05 AM

Way to stay classy L.T. Your fat tears will be a great compliment to your fat coaches ass.

92. CJ SPILLER says: Oct 29, 2010 8:21 AM

All Jet fans tune meatwhistles.

93. Real Football Fan says: Oct 29, 2010 8:33 AM

LT’s starting to sound like the guy who gets dumped and goes out of his way to let everyone know how hot his new girlfriend is and how much he loves her, although he’s still inlove with the ex and hurt over the breakup with the ex.
    Let it go, man. The Chargers never won with you and are on a steady decline, so let it be. The best revenge is always prosperity in the future.

94. FireJerryJones says: Oct 29, 2010 9:00 AM

It’s a long season. He’s an old man. It snows in New Jersey LT.
    I can see him sitting next to the heater, with his visor on. Best seat in the house come December.

95. Curtis Martin's HOF Speech says: Oct 29, 2010 9:01 AM

@ Bigbluefan
    The “real” LT sleeps with under age prostitutes and smokes crack. WHAT?

96. Lord Harry Latts says: Oct 29, 2010 9:35 AM

What’s the big deal ? He’s telling the truth. This Jet team is much better than any of those San Diego teams. Any problem with his statement…that’s your problem.

97. RaiderChile says: Oct 29, 2010 9:50 AM

I like the Jets but the Fake LT is a bum. I ‘m sorry Jets fans but you won’t win a thing with this quitter on your team. You’ll see.

98. Mike Daly says: Oct 29, 2010 2:01 PM

The 2006 Chargers were superb, but they didn’t gag – they got beat by a tougher Patriots squad. Tomlinson quit on the team after that loss and became irrelevent even though he padded his stats. The Jets are 5-1 right now but Rex Ryan has no ability to keep it going, not as undisciplined and over-emotional as he is. Tomlinson won’t sustain this because he’s a diva.

99. J2ThaROC31 says: Oct 29, 2010 4:47 PM

Bigbluefan says:
    October 28, 2010 10:29 PM
    The real LT would crush you like a grape
    —————-
    Like he crushes 16 year old girls and powder up into his nose? That LT?

100. go_deep says: Oct 29, 2010 8:14 PM

LT went slag on AJ, Spanos and his old homies…..cheap. Lots of pent up anger in the boy…..can u imagine what he’ll be like if he gets a ring? Sick. Ego…it’s an ugly thing.

101. irishcoolzombie says: Oct 29, 2010 9:52 PM

Wow! I should have just left an LT sucks comment.
    Oh well…a swing and a miss.
    At least I still have my day job, and I have the whole weekend off before heading back to the Crayloa factory.

102. FMC651 says: Oct 29, 2010 11:37 PM

Grow up LT. Why do you come off so bitter often? Like after you lost another playoff game.

103. AutumnWind999 says: Oct 30, 2010 2:38 AM

Why does everyone act like the Chargers are and have been this “great” team? What have they accomplished this century? No Super Bow wins. No Super Bowl appearances. One AFC Championship game appearance. A few playoff wins.
    Saying the Jets are better than any recent Chargers squad isn’t outrageous. He’s not saying they’re better than the 85 Bears, late 80s 49ers, 83 Raiders, 70s Steelers or recent Pats and Colts championship teams. He’s saying they’re better than a team that’s been mostly hype.

104. weak_afc_east says: Oct 30, 2010 3:14 PM

LT, The Jets are 11-19-1 alltime vs. San Diego.
    9-7 last year, and that because 2 gimmees at the end.
    Defeated a sorry Cincy team and a flat Charger team before reality set in at INDY. The Jets are paper tigers, as are the Patriots too. Both of those teams will fade at the end.

105. Brusci is Poncherello says: Oct 31, 2010 6:06 PM

Way to get shut out at home coming off a bye..u fumbling douchebag…

106. Grimmlock42 says: Nov 1, 2010 2:17 PM

WOW!!! Even the greatest charger of all time said the chargers suck. HAHAHA!!!!

107. WaltColeman says: Nov 7, 2010 10:08 PM

Rivers is way overrated and his release point is too low, but he is still much better than Captain Checkdown Mark. Go to Flacco.com if you want to see a real Elite QB.

108. weakafceast says: Nov 18, 2010 12:31 PM

Let’s get real here. The Jets have done nothing yet. The Chargers body of work since 2004 is clearly better than the Jest, and the Pats will fade in the postseason with 4 rooks on D. LT, how many millions did Spanos pay you? I guess their is a valid assessment of LT being off a bit? The Jets are the most arrogant bunch since da Bears, only the Bears backed it up. The jest are a joke. J-E-S-T Jest Jest Jest.

109. weakafceast says: Nov 18, 2010 12:34 PM

I’m gunna laugh my ass off when all the AFC EAST teams choke in the post season.