We’ve already hit on some of the biggest injury stories of the week. Here are 19 more nuggets from Friday’s injury report that weren’t worthy of a full post.
1. Rams tackle Jason Smith was listed as questionable with a concussion, but he’s expected to miss Sunday’s game against Carolina. This will be the first game any Rams offensive lineman has missed all year. That’s one reason why they’ve overachieved.
Steven Jackson is another reason. He’s listed as questionable after finger surgery, but says he’s definitely playing.
2. The Bills’ 53-man roster is one of the healthiest in the league. (Now that’s a change.) Only backup tackle Cornell Green looks likely to miss Sunday’s game.
3. Chiefs scat back Dexter McCluster is officially questionable with an ankle injury, but didn’t do a lot in practice all week. We passed along a report McCluster would miss multiple games.
4. The Broncos get starting cornerback Andre Goodman (quadricep) and safety Brian Dawkins (knee) back from injury this week. They are both probable. Wideout Eddie Royal is also ready to go. Denver didn’t bring any of their truly injured players to London.
5. Packers tackle Mark Tauscher (shoulder), defensive end Ryan Pickett (ankle), and defensive end Cullen Jenkins (calf) are all questionable. Pickett didn’t practice all week.
6. The Jets, Green Bay’s opponent, should have everyone available coming out of their bye.
7. After being named a starter job this week, Jaguars defensive end Jeremy Mincey broke his hand and is questionable to play. David Garrard will start at quarterback. He’s probable, as is Trent Edwards. We’d guess Edwards will be the backup over Todd Bouman, who is questionable with a finger injury.
8. Cowboys guard Kyle Kosier remains out with an ankle injury. His backup Montrae Holland is also out with a groin injury. But don’t worry; the Cowboys offensive line has been awesome this season.
Dallas cornerback Terence Newman is questionable with a rib injury after sitting out practice the last two days. The Cowboys only have three cornerbacks on the roster. Hmmmm.
9. Everyone’s favorite Wrangler spokesman is officially questionable with foot and ankle injuries. But you knew he was going to be a “game-time decision” right? Gotta milk this drama a little longer.
10. Patriots running back Fred Taylor will miss his fourth straight game with a toe injury. Wide receiver Deion Branch (hamstring) and safety Patrick Chung (knee) are both questionable after being limited in practice during the week. Look for a lot of Danny Woodhead at running back because the Patriots figure to spread the Vikings out and Woodhead plays most passing downs.
11. The Seahawks list seven players as questionable. Five of them haven’t practiced all week: cornerback Kelly Jennings
(hamstring), defensive tackle Brandon Mebane (calf), tackle Russell Okung (ankle), running back Michael
Robinson (hamstring), and cornerback Walter Thurmond (head).
Why list them as questionable if you know there is little-to-no chance of them playing? We’re dorks, so we’ll keep an eye on these five players’ status Sunday.
12. The Raiders, not to be outdone, listed nine players as questionable. They all participated in a limited portion of practice. One of them was quarterback Bruce Gradkowski, who is recovering from a shoulder injury. Despite the questionable tag, he’s expected to be the team’s third quarterback Sunday.
The Raiders will be without Louis Murphy (chest) and Chaz Schilens, who has been “OUT” since Bill Callahan was Oakland’s coach.
13. Cardinals wideouts Steve Breaston (knee) and Early Doucet (groin) are both listed as questionable, but they are fully expected to play .
14. Titans quarterbacks Vince Young (knee, ankle) and Kerry Collins (finger) are both probable. Young will start. Kenny Britt has been cleared to play and won’t face any further punishment from the team regarding his altercation in a club last week.
15. The Chargers pass catchers remain all sorts of injured. Malcom Floyd and Legedu Naanee are both doubtful with hamstring injuries. Buster Davis is questionable with a rib injury. Tight end Antonio Gates is also questionable, but is fully expected to play through his toe injury all season.
16. The Redskins list 12 players as questionable. They are all expected to play. Mike Shanahan is just trying to make me type all their names up, but I’m too smart (and lazy) for that. Something needs to be done about this.
17. The Steelers are likely to be without starting defensive end Brett Keisel in addition to Aaron Smith, who tore his triceps. Keisel is doubtful with a hamstring injury. Linebacker Lamarr Woodley is ready to rock.
18. Good news for Steelers wideouts: Saints top cornerback Jabari Greer is doubtful with a shoulder injury, while Tracy Porter is questionable with a sprained MCL he suffered a month ago. Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas remain out like the gout.
19. There really aren’t 19 things, but 19 was my favorite number as a kid so I added this one. Congratulations for making it this far and reading PFT all week. We appreciate all the support. Now go say hello to your families.