Danario Alexander tears meniscus in practice

A week ago, Rams receiver Danario Alexander was coming off an NFL debut that included four catches, 72 yards and a touchdown.  He was the hot fantasy football pickup of the week and looked to add a new dimension to the Rams offense.

Now he’s just the latest injured player in a banged-up Rams receiver group.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Alexader tore his meniscus during practice Friday and will need surgery.  Alexander has a long, nasty history of knee injuries.  This will be the fifth procedure on his left knee, which may be why he was limited to only 12 snaps against the Bucs last week.

He’s estimated to be out 2-4 weeks, although we wonder if the Rams will focus more on trying to get the kid fully healthy for 2010.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams
10 Responses to “Danario Alexander tears meniscus in practice”
  1. Wolframpau says: Oct 29, 2010 5:25 PM

Poor guy. Can’t catch a break. What is it about the Rams and their so-called top wideouts getting hurt this season?

2. pioli_for_prez says: Oct 29, 2010 5:31 PM

shame, he just got a chance too….mark my words, if Denario can stay (relatively) healthy, he’ll be a real playmaker

3. KaiNoKea says: Oct 29, 2010 7:26 PM

Their WR postion is cursed.

4. Dbellina says: Oct 29, 2010 7:43 PM

Wow is all I can say. I don’t even like the rams but I feel bad for them. If he keeps playing like he is, Bradford is a better QB than I thought he would be.

5. bbeer says: Oct 29, 2010 8:21 PM

Man come on this is getting ridiculous…when avery went out i was like aw damn. now its just like “there goes another one”.

6. Steeler Ed says: Oct 29, 2010 8:26 PM

Kind of reminds me of the Chiefs with their running backs a few years ago. Snake Bit! That’s too bad!

7. Elyasm says: Oct 29, 2010 8:26 PM

It might be a little late to get fully healthy for 2010, perhaps you meant 2011?

8. Ram_Country says: Oct 29, 2010 8:59 PM

@Kainokea
    Holt and Bruce had long, productive careers in that dome.

9. jumbostyle says: Oct 29, 2010 11:00 PM

I mean, it shouldn’t shock anyone. The kid can’t stay healthy. 5 operations on one knee? He led the NCAA in REC his Sr. year and didnt get drafted. Was he legit in college? Ehh, yea pretty much. Can he make it in the NFL? Tough for me to say yes.

10. HolyMoly says: Oct 30, 2010 2:38 AM

Sigh. If the receiving corps of the Rams ever gets healthy, they will be a force to be reckoned with. I will be very interested to see how well this team does next year. Mark Clayton was having a brilliant season until he got injured, so it will be interesting to see how he does next year.